Do they do credit checks on all new hires?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Kim Cole

92 months ago

I need this job REAL bad. I have been made a contingent offer based on a thorough background &fingerprint. I will in no way pass a credit check. I was laid off and SO far behind on everything. I am scared that I am going to have to file bankruptcy...it is that bad? Someone PLEASE talk to me!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Diane in San Leandro, California

92 months ago

From my personal experience I would't worry about it. I got a job last year from a very prominent fortune 500 company which specializes in credit card verifications for online purchases. When they told me about the credit check I thought I was toast. I had terrible credit and even an IRS lien. The truth is they only care about criminal history. The background check person at the company said you have to have like 5 or 6 negative items to get rejected and it is all flexible. If they rejected everybody with "bad credit" they'd have a hard time finding enough employees. They also know that if you've been unemployed for a while it makes sense your credit may not be so good, not to mention divorces, etc. - Anyway, I got the job.

Kim Cole said: I need this job REAL bad. I have been made a contingent offer based on a thorough background &fingerprint. I will in no way pass a credit check. I was laid off and SO far behind on everything. I am scared that I am going to have to file bankruptcy...it is that bad? Someone PLEASE talk to me!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

I don't agree with this credit check business. Anybody can fall on hard times, have trouble paying bills, or have a judgment lodged against them like I did. I think just your character record should be checked, none of this credit check or drug testing. I take meds for a seizure disorder; I worked for JP Morgan three or four years ago, was told I tested positive for phenobarbitol. Plus, those bozos down at JP Morgan never even activated my access card; I had to yell my head off to get back into my department. I was a tempie there; was let go after a few days. Said the job was not a good fit for me along with not being able to do the work. Well, how hard is it to enter some account information and change some benchmarks? I know the supervisors don't have time to be babysitters, but people my age don't need babysitters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

christo bobby in Columbus, Ohio

86 months ago

I had a one year supervision for Battery in 2003 and was fingerprinted.Will Chase even take me a contractor.Anyone please advise..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

jvaloff in Santa Ana, California

43 months ago

Kim Cole said: I need this job REAL bad. I have been made a contingent offer based on a thorough background &fingerprint. I will in no way pass a credit check. I was laid off and SO far behind on everything. I am scared that I am going to have to file bankruptcy...it is that bad? Someone PLEASE talk to me!!!

Did you get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.