First Interview for Personal Banker!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Hopefull! in Lompoc, California

49 months ago

So, I've got my first interview for this position in the morning. The "phone interview" was nothing really, and if that's any indication then I shouldn't be worried. But I want this job, if anything for the proximity the branch is to my home and the hope of commissions.

For all those out there who bashed this job stating that for "some idiot without a college degree this is heaven, for the rest of us, it's hell," just know that I wasn't financially able to go to college, and I'm doing my best with what I've got.

Any tips, things to prepare with, or helpful hints would be amazing, and thanks in advance for the support.

I'll let you all know how it goes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hopefull! in Lompoc, California

49 months ago

So it went well, I think she liked me, made her laugh a bit.
I live in a small town so I don't think there will be alot of interviews, but I'm not sure.

I met the assistant branch manager and also the district manager, but didn't interview with them. She said she would be making a decision this afternoon and would be letting people know sometime next week.

Wish me luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hopeful! in Lompoc, California

48 months ago

So I was offered a job in Santa Maria, although I was passed up for the original position.

I was called today and offered a job of Personal Banker.
My thing was, I have a year of experience and they quoted me at the very bottom of the pay range for this job. So I called back and asked if that could be negotiable.

I hope this doesn't cost me the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Chicago, Illinois

47 months ago

Guys I have a question. I writing my cover letter for PB position at chase, and I'm trying to figure out whom should I address it. Should I address it to specific branch manager I'm applying for or should I address it to HR?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ROB in Lavaca, Arkansas

47 months ago

Well good luck..I went to an OPEN HOUSE and the managers there were not very interested in the applicants there. I was told by the recruiter that I would not be considered for a second interview because "The managers were AFRAID that my previous aggressive sales experience would not work with the customer service aspect of the personal banker position."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.