Hiring process w/ Chase Bank

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 67)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Carly in Smyrna, Georgia

80 months ago

Pd_on1 in Chicago, Illinois said: Yes! I was offered the job! I start in 2 weeks!

Congrats on getting the job!. I interview with them on Friday, if you could, would you mind sending me an email (CarlyVancil@gmail.com) with some tips on the interview questions, process, etc. I would really appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Pd_on1 in Homewood, Illinois

80 months ago

This is what I did. Go to a local branch and act like you are wanting to open an account. I went to the Teller line to see who I should talk to and then went to the Personal Banker and I got all the forms and info I could get. I went home and studied their accounts and info. I knew I would be asked to role-play, which they did, they asked me to sell them a checking account. She was very impressed because I was able to pull out their brochures and I already know their fees! Just be very outgoing and very sales oriented! no matter what position you are applying for - it is all sales/service! Good Luck!!!

Reply - Report abuse

THEmagicalhands in Philippines

32 months ago

stephanie.villaj3@gmail.comi agree in Utah said: I agree.

Did you get the job? It's also been a month since I was interviewed at Chase. I got 2 interviews with hiring managers then I also passed the HR interview within that day. They said the next step is the job offer and they'll just call me.

Reply - Report abuse

Tak in Wilmington, Delaware

28 months ago

Hi. So I received my welcome package for my anticipated start date in 2 weeks. I received an email from my recruiter on which things I passed and what is still pending results. For instance I have passed and completed "internal security scan"
Does anyone know what that means? Is that my background check. The following categories are listed:

Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
Fingerprints: Pending Results
Internal Security Scan: Passed
Drug Test: Pending Results
Education / Employment Verification: Pending Results

Any help helps !! Thanks.

Reply - Report abuse

user123 in Chicago, Illinois

28 months ago

Tak in Wilmington, Delaware said: Hi. So I received my welcome package for my anticipated start date in 2 weeks. I received an email from my recruiter on which things I passed and what is still pending results. For instance I have passed and completed "internal security scan"
Does anyone know what that means? Is that my background check. The following categories are listed:

Pre-Employment Forms: Pending
Fingerprints: Pending Results
Internal Security Scan: Passed
Drug Test: Pending Results
Education / Employment Verification: Pending Results

Any help helps !! Thanks.

Hi Tak, just wanted to know what was the time frame from the period when HR called you and confirmed about offer verbally till the time you received the offer via email? Does it take two week process?

Reply - Report abuse

Tak in Arlington, Virginia

28 months ago

user123 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Tak, just wanted to know what was the time frame from the period when HR called you and confirmed about offer verbally till the time you received the offer via email? Does it take two week process?

Hi! I would say total time would have been 2 weeks. I had to provide dispositions for some arrests. So with that, it took a little longer than normal.

Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Tak in Arlington, Virginia said: Hi! I would say total time would have been 2 weeks. I had to provide dispositions for some arrests. So with that, it took a little longer than normal.

Hi Tak,
Thanks for your instant reply. Also just wanted to know that do they verify your professional certification documents alongwith degree certificate ? did you mention these details in pre employment forms? and do we have to submit latest copy of resume again where we can update latest projects as its been almost a month they had been interviewing. at which stage they consider your details or resume submitted as final?

Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

MsRoni in Arlington, Texas said: I applied for a position with JP Morgan Chase . I interviewed with 4 different people. The interviews went very well for me and was 2 hours long. I was offered the job, but is contingent upon if all of the pre-employment documentation checks out. It's only been 2 days since I submitted all of the documents they asked for, and they updated me today. I figure it will take a couple more days since my start date is soon.

Hey, Can you please tell me that pre employment document submission is online or have to mail the physical documents by Fedex?

Reply - Report abuse

OFFER ACCEPTED in Beckley, West Virginia

24 months ago

I was offered a position
I've passed all my pre-employment forms and tests such as drug test, fingerprints, education and employment verification, etc. My intensely security scan is still pending but idk what that is lol. Can someone tell me?

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

OFFER ACCEPTED in Beckley, West Virginia said: I was offered a position
I've passed all my pre-employment forms and tests such as drug test, fingerprints, education and employment verification, etc. My internal security scan is still pending but idk what that is lol. Can someone tell me?

I mean internal security scan

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

OFFER ACCEPTED in Beckley, West Virginia said: I mean internal security scan

I answered my own question. I passed all my pre-employment requirements. I start in a week

Reply - Report abuse

PatientlyWaiting- in California

22 months ago

So I just received an email from Chase stating now they want me to do a digital interview with me. If anyone has done this do you have any recommendations? Please and thank you!

Reply - Report abuse

DK in Northridge, California

22 months ago

PatientlyWaiting- in California said: Oh wow that's cool though congratulations! Well I guess I just have to hope for the best(:

Thank you :) When I was applying in california, they did email me to do a digital interview. I think its so weird to do an interview that way. There's alot of information about it on youtube. it will give you a lot of info. goodluck to you :)

Reply - Report abuse

PatientlyWaiting- in California

22 months ago

DK in Northridge, California said: Thank you :) When I was applying in california, they did email me to do a digital interview. I think its so weird to do an interview that way. There's alot of information about it on youtube. it will give you a lot of info. goodluck to you :)

Thank you! I've been hearing a lot of pros and cons between Chase and BOA so I'm just taking my chances with either or (:

Reply - Report abuse

AM in Downey, California

22 months ago

Had an interview last thursday, manager said I should hear from him this week. Ended up getting another interview at a different branch Today, hours later got a voicemail from a recruiter saying I got offered the teller position at the 2nd branch I interviewed at. Don't know exactly what to do, the first branch I interviewed at is the site I really want to work at, but haven't heard anything. Should I call and see what is going on or just accept the offer at the 2nd branch???

Reply - Report abuse

Superking

22 months ago

DK in Northridge, California said: I would say by monday or tuesday you will hear from the recruiter. It took them a week after the interview.

Did you ever hear back?

Reply - Report abuse

Dk in Northridge, California

22 months ago

I did an ether rescinded my job offer! Just accept the offer! If you have chase credit cards make sure they are paid because they won't hire you if you owe them anything or have a BK on your background.

Reply - Report abuse

Superking

22 months ago

Dk in Northridge, California said: I did an ether rescinded my job offer! Just accept the offer! If you have chase credit cards make sure they are paid because they won't hire you if you owe them anything or have a BK on your background.

I had my my Chase cards closed or revoked due to high risk(too much credit limit with them) in 2011.
I do not owe them anything and excellent credit score...

I'm confused, did you pass the internal scan? Are you hired and working for them? How many days did it take to hear from them once you sent them your information? Can you describe the process in with more details .

Thank you!

Reply - Report abuse

SK in Newark, Delaware

22 months ago

Dk in Northridge, California said: I did an ether rescinded my job offer! Just accept the offer! If you have chase credit cards make sure they are paid because they won't hire you if you owe them anything or have a BK on your background.

Was your security scan finally cleared and you started working for them?

Reply - Report abuse

SK in Newark, Delaware

22 months ago

OFFER ACCEPTED in Beckley, West Virginia said: Yeah I passed it! I've been working for a month and a half now.

how long did internal security scan took? Did they reach out to you for information? Thanks

Reply - Report abuse

Lynne in Indianapolis, Indiana

21 months ago

DK in Northridge, California said: The Internal Security Scan is to check previous relationship with chase bank . For an example they want to see if you had credit cards, accounts, and loans etc. I'm still waiting for the results. its so annoying to wait for a long time its been over 2 weeks already! I Have a bankruptcy on file. does anyone know if that will affect my employment with chase?

Did you get the job or not? My BK has been discharged for over a year and my debts are no longer on my credit report.

Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Chicago, Illinois

21 months ago

OFFER ACCEPTED in Beckley, West Virginia said: I was offered a position
I've passed all my pre-employment forms and tests such as drug test, fingerprints, education and employment verification, etc. My intensely security scan is still pending but idk what that is lol. Can someone tell me?

Did they send you to do your finger printing and background check in the same day

Reply - Report abuse

Monique in Glenview, Illinois

19 months ago

Ok so I did my virtual interview then I went to the main location and had a face to face interview. I call my recruiter and they offered me the job. Now problem is that I have bad credit from when I was 20 I'm and I'm 27 now and have been in good standing for a long time.
Also I have my current jobs who have been with for 4 year and I put all that info on my resume. The hiring manager did not ask me about the 6ish month gap that I changed job 3 times ( wanted to find a real job that I can turn into a career). I have not done any pre employment papers yet but should I tell me recruiter before I start my pre employment stuff.

Reply - Report abuse

maria in Hicksville, New York

18 months ago

hi , I read all comments but didn't find my answer ,, actually I applied in chase bank for teller position , and got a digital interview , aftr a week a got a call frm branch manager and had an interview .. interview was too good and manager said that he will contact me in a week , or so aftr a week when I didn't listen any thing frm recruiter or manager I called to manager & asked r u still considering me for the position and he said yes 100% but recruiter was away thts y its late will call u in 2, 3 days ..
now today when I check my job page job status is withdrew ??
can any one plz tell me what it means ..iam soo depressed as I didn't withdrawl my application .. thn y is like this
plzzz replyb

Reply - Report abuse

jenbug0421 in Chandler, Arizona

15 months ago

Hello everyone, I got offered a high paying position with J.P. Morgan Chase and passed my employment/education background check, I just have to do the fingerprints and drug test and I'm all set. They never mentioned anything about a credit check, is that included in the background check? I'm just overloaded with emotion because I never thought I would ever land a good job like that this.

Reply - Report abuse

Karene Marchand in Hollywood, Florida

14 months ago

Just wondering if this will prevent me from being hired. I've passed all background and tests. I made a typo on my previous employment instead of putting May 2016 I put May of 2015. It automatically uploaded onto my onboarding form. And now it's being brought to management. Should this delay my chances of being hired?

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Just explain to them that you made a small typo if they ask you about it. They should be very understanding, it's not that big of a deal. You will be just fine

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

jenbug0421 in Chandler, Arizona said: Just explain to them that you made a small typo if they ask you about it. They should be very understanding, it's not that big of a deal. You will be just fine

Do you think it'd be a good idea to call pre-employment tomorrow and discuss the typo? I don't want them to think I lied. Maybe I'm overthinking it. But when the guy said he would bring it over to management it freaked me out. My start date should be this Monday, and I'm afraid it'll hold me back from starting.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

If it was me, I would call pre-employment and let them know, and also ask them if it would be a problem (which it shouldn't be). Honesty goes a long way.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Karene Marchand in Hollywood, Florida said: Do you think it'd be a good idea to call pre-employment tomorrow and discuss the typo? I don't want them to think I lied. Maybe I'm overthinking it. But when the guy said he would bring it over to management it freaked me out. My start date should be this Monday, and I'm afraid it'll hold me back from starting.

Also, did you receive the "your approved to start" email? If you already received that email, then YOU ARE CLEARED.

Reply - Report abuse

Karene Marchand in Lake Worth, Florida

14 months ago

No not yet. However I did get this email
"Congratulations on your recent job offer at JPMorgan Chase! While conducting your background check, we were not able to verify all of the information you provided in your on-line Onboarding forms about your employment/education history. The information we were not able to verify is: Employment"

I called this morning and asked if that can be fixed, I started April of this year. Not May of last year and apologized for my oblivious typo. But the woman I spoke to said no it couldn't be fixed and I'd have to reapply.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Not sure if it'll make a different that I've been employed for 7 months, compared to a year. In the experience dicscription in the application it says.

"Qualifications
Minimum 6 months of customer service experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Ability to work a flexible schedule; which may include evening and weekends"

And all that I have. Not sure why the small typo is such a big deal, and can't be changed. I'll wait to see what the outcome is.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Tak in Arlington, Virginia said: Hi! I would say total time would have been 2 weeks. I had to provide dispositions for some arrests. So with that, it took a little longer than normal.

Now I know you had to provide disposition for some arrests, I'm in a much minor situation, as to where I made a typo on my resume which automatiocally uploaded on my onboarding forms. I started at the job I'm in now, (which I gave a two weeks notice for) April of 2016, but I accidentally put 2015. apparently They say that it's a discrepency and I have to reapply? Should this prevent me from being hired.

Reply - Report abuse

Ana in West Palm Beach, Florida

14 months ago

I did a digital interview with chase about 2 weeks ago, and when I checked online it says under consideration.. does anyone know how long does it take for them to call you, or should I call to ask what is going on?

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

I went in for a in person interview and was contacted 2 days after my interview with a offer.

Reply - Report abuse

Mimi 23 in Texas

14 months ago

SK in Newark, Delaware said: How long did the security scan took from pending to result for you? What was the final status?

Has anyone gone for the mortgage banking credit underwriter program interview? Do you know how long it takes to hear back from them?

Reply - Report abuse

tonytwoton in Gilbert, Arizona

14 months ago

Mimi 23 in Texas said: Has anyone gone for the mortgage banking credit underwriter program interview? Do you know how long it takes to hear back from them?

I just had my interview but was wondering how long your interview went and how long was it?

Reply - Report abuse

Karene Marchand in Hialeah, Florida

14 months ago

I got the interview a couple days after filling out my application online.

My interview processe was pretty lengthy, I had my first interview and they called me a week later for my second interview. My hiring process was about three weeks long. Everything works through back house HR and their process takes a couple weeks.

Reply - Report abuse

mimi 23 in Arlington, Texas

14 months ago

tonytwoton in Gilbert, Arizona said: I just had my interview but was wondering how long your interview went and how long was it?

Hey Gilbert, my interview was not long at all and I wasn't asked any questions even though i was prepared for the tough ones, they had already reviewed my resume, pretty much my interview was more informational about the job than an interview, it was scheduled for an hour but only 30 minutes...i had it on Tuesday of this week and haven't heard back and theres not much online..i was told they would be selecting 26 candidates and would hear back by friday but nothing yet so we will see.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Karene Marchand in Hialeah, Florida said: I got the interview a couple days after filling out my application online.

My interview processe was pretty lengthy, I had my first interview and they called me a week later for my second interview. My hiring process was about three weeks long. Everything works through back house HR and their process takes a couple weeks.

How did your first interview go? please see my comment to Gilbert to see how mine went...is that pretty standard for their interviewing process? should i expect another interview?

Reply - Report abuse

tonytwoton in Gilbert, Arizona

14 months ago

mimi 23 in Arlington, Texas said: How did your first interview go? please see my comment to Gilbert to see how mine went...is that pretty standard for their interviewing process? should i expect another interview?

Yeah I definitely had a similar experience as you. My interview was also scheduled for an hour an ran only 30 minutes. I got asked asked a lot more technical questions than I thought but I held my own. They said with the holidays they won't get back to me for another two week and the job doesn't start for another month and three weeks, so I'm going to try to find a job before that.

Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

tonytwoton in Gilbert, Arizona said: Yeah I definitely had a similar experience as you. My interview was also scheduled for an hour an ran only 30 minutes. I got asked asked a lot more technical questions than I thought but I held my own. They said with the holidays they won't get back to me for another two week and the job doesn't start for another month and three weeks, so I'm going to try to find a job before that.

well best of luck! :) keep me posted

Reply - Report abuse

Tk in Newark, Delaware

11 months ago

I received my offer 3 weeks ago and passed everything but fingerprints, which are pending. I did those just over 2 weeks ago, but just got a call that they needed to redo them? Has anyone ever heard of this?

Reply - Report abuse

Anaz in Plainview, New York

11 months ago

Karene Marchand in Hollywood, Florida said: Now I know you had to provide disposition for some arrests, I'm in a much minor situation, as to where I made a typo on my resume which automatiocally uploaded on my onboarding forms. I started at the job I'm in now, (which I gave a two weeks notice for) April of 2016, but I accidentally put 2015. apparently They say that it's a discrepency and I have to reapply? Should this prevent me from being hired.

Did they hire you? How did it go . I did the same thing and now I am worried

Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

Anaz in Plainview, New York said: Did they hire you? How did it go . I did the same thing and now I am worried

They told me that the case supervisor will review it and thandecide

Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

I did a typo error while filling my form and the time and everything is the same it's the difference in years. I called and told them everything. It's under the case supervision has anyone did this and can they tell me what happened please. I am very worries

Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

Karene Marchand in Hollywood, Florida said: Just wondering if this will prevent me from being hired. I've passed all background and tests. I made a typo on my previous employment instead of putting May 2016 I put May of 2015. It automatically uploaded onto my onboarding form. And now it's being brought to management. Should this delay my chances of being hired?
did you get the job

Reply - Report abuse

adina0284

11 months ago

I just got an offer from Chase and I am nervous about the "Internal Security Scan," I have a checking account that has been charged off that I am working with them to pay off, is this going to affect my employment? I have not been hired to deal with credit or anything, just customer service. Please Help!

Reply - Report abuse

Nikki3708 in Beaumont, California

10 months ago

Hi everyone, so applied three days ago and got sent an email to do a digital interview. I feel like a did great. I just checked my job page this morning and it says "under consideration" with an attached email from recruiter to the branch notifying them that I'm ready for a interview and to take action today and call me but I haven't received a call yet. I know it's only been three days but I'm very anxious. Has this happened to anyone else ???

Reply - Report abuse

Nikki3708 in Beaumont, California

10 months ago

Ana in West Palm Beach, Florida said: I did a digital interview with chase about 2 weeks ago, and when I checked online it says under consideration.. does anyone know how long does it take for them to call you, or should I call to ask what is going on?

I did a digital interview 4 days ago and it now says online under consideration. Did you end up getting a face to face interview ? Or even hired ?

Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.