Horrible industry

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Bobby in Buffalo, New York

105 months ago

Retail Banking in general is a horrible industry. Especially one like Chase that is so sales orientated. All they care about is working you to death until they get every last number out of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

valerie in Springfield, Missouri

104 months ago

This is the case. I know it to be true in one call center.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Eric D in Delano, Pennsylvania

104 months ago

It is a thankless business with little rewards. There is nobody making the money they are worth at banks. The branch staff makes peanuts for doing everything and the execs make oodles for doing nothing. I've been in banking for 6 years and and that's about 4 years too long. I have to get out before their brainwashing techniques actually work. The industry is displaced from reality.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joel in Amityville, New York

104 months ago

Eric D in Delano, Pennsylvania said: It is a thankless business with little rewards. There is nobody making the money they are worth at banks. The branch staff makes peanuts for doing everything and the execs make oodles for doing nothing. I've been in banking for 6 years and and that's about 4 years too long. I have to get out before their brainwashing techniques actually work. The industry is displaced from reality.
True, the bank is all about controlling people and making them behave like trained monkeys. My advice to any you person that works there is make as much money as you can, save it and invest and then move on to something better. Read my story about life a Chase:
sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/coming-soon.html

Cheryl K in Delaware in Norristown, Pennsylvania

104 months ago

Get JP Morgan Chase out of Delaware

Unknown in New York, New York

103 months ago

I did not want to use my name because I still am employeed at Chase. I have been here for 17 years and the negative comments are right on. I've wanted to leave the company every since it became Chase in March of 2006 but now I am too old and have to much time invested toward retirement to make a career change. The sales pressure is unbelievable. It never ends and we do have to grab customers from the lobby and drive up and sell sell sell. The motto is see more sell more. They do not care about how many hours you work. On average 50 a week. They are considering extending are hours. I am just trying to hold on for a few more years. The Personal Banker position is the worst. You telemarket all day and you burnout the quickest in that position. Please think long and hard before you get into this business, unless you don't mind getting home every night at 7:00

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

michaelpait in Houston, Texas

102 months ago

Bobby in Buffalo, New York said: Retail Banking in general is a horrible industry. Especially one like Chase that is so sales orientated. All they care about is working you to death until they get every last number out of you.

OK now I come from a retail industry that required situations that you would sometimes have to jiggle between the phone and two and or three customers at the same time and always did extremely well. Now working in a bank is probably not that fast, however when I went to the group interview for JP Morgan the person passing out the information in the training class informed us that even after training and so fourth that there are sales goals that must be met.

Now clearly JP Morgan is not going to open branches in areas that they are not going to generate enough revenue, but I am sure some branches more people do diffrent approaches to banking. So for example like in the Downtown Houston branch, I seriously doubt there is a large volume of people coming in opening checking accounts and almost any other banking done there is all relationship banking. I have also heard that being brought on a team they also give a list of customers to contact, to bring over I guess to your sales force in essence maintain them as your personal contacts and/or customers. On average is it moderatly easy to meet the sales criteria or does it require alot more umph.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.