JP Morgan Chase

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 54)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

scheduler in Brooklyn, New York

99 months ago

Before the merger of JP Morgan to Chase, JP was an EEOC employer, good for women and minorities that excel. After the merger most of the quality JP Morgan employees quit, started their own consulting services.

Chase management jumped to the name of JP, but as many of the JPM people put it to me, it was a merger comparable to Tiffanys and Wal-Mart. In other words it was a bad merger.

JP Morgan-Chase now has employees that thwart racism, sexism, jealousy, cronyism, unethical behavior...yada, yada, yada. If you are a person of color and happen to get a job their, beware, your days will be numbered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

If this posting is true, this is highly unfortunate, and as a black person you are probably right, but please note, it's not necessarily a black woman thing. You are discussing JPMorgan Chase (it's probably only in Ohio, Columbus area (practice of regional management infiltration)in JPMC), however double check your analysis, make sure it's not a another connection where another game of play is in force. There is another term you can use, use your logical mind and you will get it.

I am not sure how you would investigate this, but from what it sounds like, I bet you any amount of money it's not necessarily a race thing. It's more about the sex of the place in the regional directors office making the decision, seeing this and recognizing for what it is. It is prevalent in Atlanta, GA and many folk do not recognize or care to look at the situation until they are the ones walking out the door.
If this is the case, I would advise you to find another job before one of them replaces you.

Heterosexual men, women are targeted, hated and kicked out of the workplace by men haters, they may be black or white, but when you come into a situation where there is no diversity or mix, only women, especially when its one race, men haters are at work.

There is racism, and hopefully you are not of thought that white men should rule. Sometimes there are women haters, in that case women haters are ruling.

I happen to think the best person all around should get the job therefore a diverse office appears. The best choice may be asian, black, white, and hispanic, as well as indian, or middle eastern but I live in NYC where diverse populations have been working together.
play, and as prince says, the thieves are in the temple.

Write back after you analyze the situation, see if they are man haters, that brings another dimension to the table.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jd in Columbus, Ohio

98 months ago

I agree, the best person all around should get the job...unfortunately with this company that just is not the case. Evidence to serve this being that all retail district managers are black females.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

Are these women straight or do they prefer women as companions?

I am sure I am correct, look at the situation by talking to others at your level without sounding jealous, envious, or angry.

I bet this is a "lesbian" connection rooting out everyone who does not behave as they behave. Sexual preferences are sexual preferences, nor should anyone else, but if something like this is allowing the best candidate to lag or lose, it also is decreasing economic stability.

There is probably nothing legal you can do without some serious investigatory effort, with PIs and all, but if you put money down on this one, I am 85-90% sure this is probably what is happening.

This may be a difficult question to answer since you probably see what's happening from the outside.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

JD, do you work in the JPMC district offices of Ohio? Hit a nerve, did I. Any time there is only one color/gender in a group of positions, odds are something strange is going on, and I am not a white male.

Many black women are overbearing/controlling/non-tolerant in their positions and not all are qualified. Sometimes they are placed in position because they are not qualified. Sometimes the Indian, Spanish, Caribbean, African, South American, Italian, Swedish, Russian is just as qualified or more so, and unless someone questions status quo, maybe there is something wrong. Note the word is maybe.

Telling the young man to check out his story before assuming only black women are in these positions is advice that should have him take a look, chances are it could be a lesbian connection where there is no need to ask anyones' mother.

There is nothing against lesbians or gays but they look out for each other, and they have taken over industries, they can be vindictive, calculating and manipulating. The operative word is CAN!!! Looking out for oneself sometimes mean observing the obvious to avoid the LGBT controlled office, nothing wrong if one is looking out for him or herself, doesn't matter the race.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jd in Columbus, Ohio

98 months ago

I don't get the impression they are lesbians, but it's possible. Its a black thing in this situation I think. I don't think there 'is something going on' if there is a majority of white people in a group of positions, because percentage-wise there are so many more in the US than anyone else, so that is just the norm. The problem is when well qualified people are passed over to fill 'diverse' quotas that may be in place, and yes, don't deny it, all too often there are those quotas to an extent (sometimes extreme).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

JD, I agree with you. However, I think that in some situations there are many more minorities in place than you would believe. I am not sure how it is in Ohio, but we have Africans, Indians, Caribbeans, South Americans, there are so many undocumented that I don't think there is such a huge white populous anymore.

When I go to SC, GA, FL, TX, southeast, I see many more Mexicans than I did when I was a teenager, or young adult. There are entire communities of newly immigrated all over the country. While I agree the best qualified could miss out, I do not think that there are more qualified whites than blacks. A situation I was involved in, a co-worker and I were hired because we were better qualified, we were kept until the last layoffs, and we both were eventually laid off, and people much less qualified replaced us.

We were replaced with a less qualified black woman, and a newly immigrated south american that each made about 25% of what we made in salaries. We trained them, and they are doing okay. Two less qualified white women with children were kept on because they were not as qualified, so it goes both ways. You need to release some of the "white is right" attitude that you have, and understand much of what goes on is about the profit margin, and believe me, blacks are paid less than whites, and if a white woman has a child, she will keep her job everytime over a black woman or black man.

98 months ago

The lesbian connection is something happening that only few folk are observing. Look at the situation, these women may be married, but lesbian. Atlanta has an epidemic of this going on in industries.

Some are married, but lesbians, and they are looking out for each other by making sure if you are lesbian you get into position to hire more. I am telling you this because I know for a fact it is true. Soddom and Gommorah is in play again, and if you really look, it may take a few months before you can get a handle on this, I think this is the issue.

Look beyond your hate of black women, if that's the case. Black women are graduating from the best schools with high GPAs and the right connections. Black women do not leave for maternity leave. When they do take maternity leave, they come back quicker. Statistics show this.

Hillary in Dallas, Texas

98 months ago

You guys/gals are a bunch of bigots!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

97 months ago

jd, Please refrain from posting personal attacks on the Indeed forums. Your comments will continue to be deleted if this behavior continues. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

97 months ago

Not taking up for anyone, but your Texas friend (Hillary) has used attacking statements, I replied and the comment may have been deleted when she calls folk bigots for recognizing racism in hiring which exists.

Facts are facts, and there is racism in hiring. JD's comments about Chase should remain, if that is the way he feels. If this board is coming from Texas, there are going to be viewpoints coming from other places with a more varied experience in dealing with racism in hiring.

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

97 months ago

I agree that is important to have a place to talk about race issues in the work place. Please help us to foster an environment of tolerance and professionalism so that theses discussions can be productive. Personal attacks and hate speech do not create that environment and that is why they are prohibited in our terms of service. How do you think we could make changes to the US hiring system that would reduce bigotry and discrimination of inherited traits? Should we eliminate the interview process all together?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

97 months ago

No, reason to eliminate the interview process.

I worked at JP Morgan before the merger between JP Morgan and Chase, and JP Morgan may have had issues in some departments, but I never saw it. It was the best place I have ever worked in my career as far as race relations go.

I was in Technology management, managing technology on the money making floor, there were all races, the teams were mixed with everyone from everywhere. Sorry to say the slackers were usually white men who showed less than average capability that felt discriminated against. IF you were a go-getter, hard worker, working with everyone, then you were a team player, race never seemed to matter.

Any place outside of NYC, that particular environment, race is played by those that manage. Usually they are in position, afraid, and undeserving. Since George Bush has come into office, slackers have returned to rule and the best and brightest, especially if a person of color are seeing racism as we never saw it before.

Changes in the US hiring system is a broad topic. NYC diversity forces diversity, and other large cities force diversity. Diversity and excellence will produce great teams, but as long as Joe Cool is looking out for only Jane and Joe Cool, then the economic forces of the US will suffer.

jd in North Ridgeville, Ohio

97 months ago

Chase sucks and is a horrible company to work for. Save yourself the time and personal shame and look elsewhere...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Riffed in Lockport, Illinois

97 months ago

JPMorgan Chase is not the place to work anymore. They use to take care of their employees, that's not the case now. You can be at your position every day, working hard, doing what it takes to get the job done and it still doesn't matter. What does matter is if your are a favorite with the boss, then you will go far. Lack of communication is there and they expect you to be mind readers.... I WOULD STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY. NOT WORTH THE AGGREVATION.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Venetia, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

In the Columbus Ohio office, I heard there was a firing on Friday that led to a disgruntled employee pulling out a loaded handgun and threating executives with revenge. Supposedly the FBI and local police were called in. Does anybody know anything about this?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

96 months ago

JPMC has problems. Here in the state of NY they were threatening to move their offices out of the state without a tax break. The following week, a NYC citizen, possible customer was able to photograph private banking records of all types such as loan approvals, rejections, mortgage docs, personal bank docs at four to five locations in Manhattan.

People that work there say it's not a great place to work. Now a loaded handgun from a disgruntled employee? Oh no.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Venetia, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

I dont know if the incident happened or it is just hearsay. I was just trying to confirm it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Copiague, New York

95 months ago

scheduler in Brooklyn, New York said: Before the merger of JP Morgan to Chase, JP was an EEOC employer, good for women and minorities that excel. After the merger most of the quality JP Morgan employees quit, started their own consulting services.

Chase management jumped to the name of JP, but as many of the JPM people put it to me, it was a merger comparable to Tiffanys and Wal-Mart. In other words it was a bad merger.

JP Morgan-Chase now has employees that thwart racism, sexism, jealousy, cronyism, unethical behavior...yada, yada, yada. If you are a person of color and happen to get a job their, beware, your days will be numbered.

I hear you look what happened to me:
sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/after-i-was-fired.html

95 months ago

Wow! I read your case, and at the time Chase Manhattan had not merged with JP Morgan. Well not only are they discriminating, they are actually dropping personal documents in garbage cans in NYC for identity thieves. It's pretty bad there for employees and customers. What is happening in our country?

I have decided to leave banks alone and stick with credit unions, hopefully the masses will note the bad customer service at banks and do the same thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

Joel, I commend you for your bravery! You deserve a medal, and I hope things are working out for you. Thanks for hanging in there when the going got tough.

I was wrongly dismissed in 2000 and retaliated against, and was told I did not have a case. I was working for a contractor, and at the time, even JP Morgan was pissed. They dismissed the contractor and no longer allowed any of the employees to work for JP after the wrongful dismissal. Two employees made sure they let me know so there was some justification in the end.

offshore is coming in Tampa, Florida

94 months ago

The "offshore" to save money is hitting the helpdesks and IT quality assurance teams at Chase. (India and Mexico) The focus has been to reduce costs, with the sacrifice of all other considerations. Chase managers are scoring points for their evaluations by joining the "I can outsource too!" bandwagon.

good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

This is old news isn't it? Maybe the majority is starting to feel the same wind minorities began to feel immediately after 9-11. Jobs have been outsourced, they started in IT, going position by position. It started with programmers. They are finally getting around to the lowly paid help desk folk.

Pissed@Chase in Brandon, Florida

93 months ago

This is an email that was sent from the Tampa office:

To All:

I would like to apologize to everyone on the QA staff and the Development staff for my involvement with the entire off-shoring effort.
I have decided to terminate my employment with JPMC effective immediately because I can no longer work for a company that demonstrates such cold-hearted indifference to loyal employees that have given 25, 30, 38 years of exemplary service to the company.
But most of all I want to apologize for being so naive as to actually believe the two stated reasons for hiring me in the first place:

1). To increase the level of technical expertise of members in the QA group.

2). To assist an outside group (TCS) in the development of automated regression tests to be used by the existing QA staff to more adequately test releases before placing them into production.

In reality, I now know that main purpose for hiring me was to help the TCS group convince upper management that all QA and Development activities could be moved offshore to Bangalore, India. The other secondary purpose for hiring me was to give training classes to the QA staff and then test the staff using unreasonably difficult questions as a means of dismissing staff members as "needing improvement". Please forgive me for my involvement in this whole process. I didn't wake-up and see the real agenda until about 2 months ago and realize that something was terribly wrong. Still I chose a few more paychecks rather than doing the right thing. Please forgive me for this. When Paula was dismissed based on a test I was asked to compose, I could no longer deny my complicity in this underhanded affair. Since then I have been more observant and I now realize that the off-shoring effort intends to migrate all TSS Clearing positions in QA and Development to India. So please be on the alert and watch what information you share.

It has been a pleasure working

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pissed@Chase in Brandon, Florida

93 months ago

Kevin
I'm in upper management in the Tampa office and have had the unfortunate opportunity to work with all too many of the pencil necks in Columbus - makes me sad to be a peer. Why?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin

93 months ago

I met one that I maybe in more contact with that seems like she is always hiding something, many mistruths and omissions. Dont think I can do business with her

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Dublin, Ohio

93 months ago

Kevin said: I met one that I maybe in more contact with that seems like she is always hiding something, many mistruths and omissions. Dont think I can do business with her

Kevin,
What are her initials
I was hired as a Senior Manager in the company. I had a female boss(no feminists please) who was a tyrant. Smiling to your face while stabbing you in the back. While I was there I spoke to many Managers and Senior Managers in Chase Ohio and Chase NY and all were scared to speak up for fear of loosing their jobs. The culture and ethics at Chase are very unhealthy. During the very early weeks of my job at Chase I had to fly to a Chase location and lay off a person who was with the company over 40 years. Two weeks pay for every year, their exact words to me was “is this all Chase thinks of me?” The content of the posts here and in other forums are on the mark. Anybody who is thinking of working at Chase please evaluate all of your options. Chase is not the only employer in NY or Ohio.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ex longtime emplyee in columbus in Sparta, Ohio

92 months ago

Hillary in Dallas, Texas said: You guys/gals are a bunch of bigots!

Hillary

I would like to speak to you from experience.I work for Chase in Columbus Ohio for over 19 years...I was in servicing and then moved on to Home Loan Direct (Chase Finance) THERE IS SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH favortism there that unless you do as they say regardless of it being wrong or not you will be harrased and tormented till you leave or they kick you out. I had never been ill or had to go on any medical leave till Chase hired a person namE D.J Brennan (who got hired because his wife was best friend with VP Cindy Raye) his past experience and background was selling pharmacle sells ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE IN MORTGAGES AND HE DIDNT KNOW A D**N THING,,.... he came in saying that he plans to get out with the old and in with the new....well needless to say I tried to stick it through but he keep hiring lynch people and would lie and false documents to get people out,. he tried with me but being old timer I was not such a easy target however he told people he would get me out.I was there 19 years and even other managers from other departments would ask for my advice HOWEVER THIS PUNNK JERK WAS INTIMADATED BY ME FOR SOME REASON...I would read email after email of people let go due to this jerk I ended up have stress attacks and suffer a nervous breakdown.I was the sole suppor of my daughter and here he was destroying our life I went on medical leave and he still harrased me and even called me while I was in counciling BECAUSE OF HIM.MY COUNSLER THREATED HIM AND ADVISE HIM I WAS UNDER HIS CARE AND THAT HE WAS NOT TO CONTACT ME AGAIN*I had been on short term disability.when i THOUGHT i WAS DOING BETTER AND WAS EAGER TO GO BACK THAT JERK STILL TRIED TO TAKE ME DOWN. HE TOLD PEOPLE THAT HE WASNT GOING TO LET ME COME BACK ..WELL NEEDLESS TO SAY THEY CALL ME AND ADVISE ME I WENT BACK BUT HE DIDNT STOP NOW I HAVE LOST MY HOME AND CAR AND MY DAUGHTER
AND I STILL STRGLE I HAD TO QUIT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ex longtime emplyee in columbus in Sparta, Ohio

92 months ago

Kevin said: I met one that I maybe in more contact with that seems like she is always hiding something, many mistruths and omissions. Dont think I can do business with her

Kevin

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE COLUMBUS (POLLARIS OFFICE) IN HOME FINANCE C.R. AND ALL OTHERS ARE VERY PREJUDICE AND ONLY THEIR BUDDIES ARE TREATED WITH AND RESPECT ISEEN MANY OF MY FRIENDS BEING LET GO BECAUSE OF A C.R TURNING HER HEAD FOR A D.J. BRENNAN JERK TO MAKE EVERYONE LIFE HECK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

92 months ago

sccrmom in Cincinnati, Ohio

92 months ago

It seems like ethics at this company are a problem. I am having problems with the Home Finance office in Columbus and would love to find out about some business practices. Can anyone help me?

Bluesky55555 in Baltimore, Maryland

89 months ago

A similar pattern of commentary emerges when you review chat lines in the name of most major banks. See for yourself. Common complaints about poor service, employees feeling poorly treated, unfair hiring and promotional practices - gender, race and non-hetero centric tendencies. When you step back and consider what is happening, what begins to take shape is a picture of an industry in decline (some economists would rightly argue that banking has entered the "mature" phase of its industry cycle). Banking is highly regulated, competing against many non-regulated firms in virtually every facit of the business. Regulation adds a significant layer of cost, which inorder to ensure a "fair" return to shareholders, needs to be off-set somewhere else in the cost structure. Banks for the past decade have attempted to reduce cost structures by merging, outsourcing, down-sizing and automating wherever possible. In addition, benefits have been reduced or eliminated across the board. If you are lucky, you might see a 2% raise, or more likely see more and more of your pay in the form of incentive compensation off of a flat or declining base; banks call it "pay for performance", and by so doing have pushed more of the business cycle risks to employees. If the bank makes money, the producers will make money. My comments are not intended to defend the business practices of banks. In many ways, I find them deplorable. However, I also recognize that in a declining (or mature)industry, businesses, banks in this case, must take necessary steps to survive. Unfortunately, executive management at most banks continue rewarding themselves as though they work in a growth industry, and this is often at the expense of everyone else. My advise is to aspire to become a bank executive, or if you are like the 99.75% of bank employees who will never achieve that goal, consider taking your great skills and talent and applying them in an idustry you believe has a brighter future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

No Hope in Columbus, Ohio

87 months ago

I am soo glad to hear that I am not the only one that thinks working for Chase was a HUGE mistake. I have been working here in the HLD dept. for almost 2 years and in the short time I have been here I have seen everything from favoritism, inappropriate sexual behavior(towards employees/co-workers), dishonesty(towards internal & external employees) and just down right unethical behavior. They literally give you goals that are impossible to meet because A. they don't give you the tools to complete your goals or rectify the problem that's causing you to not meet the goals; or B. you are working until midnight to accomplish the goals and most people in the dept. work all night for fear of losing there job. All this while someone who's never done your job makes the decision to decrease your pay. They think buying you lunch will help make up for their short comings and the stressful wok environment that your in, but really it's just another way to say, "This is a working lunch...no taking lunch breaks, you can eat at your desk). Had I known then, what I know now, I would have NEVER taken a job with chase. I feel like they set you up to fail and make you lose all hope for your career. I have to say I would never refer anyone to working here or even doing business with chase. They don't take care of their employees and to have good Customer service you have to start internally. This blog has helped me confirm what I've been thinking for a while now and that is I need another job...it's just not worth it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chase Banker in New Orleans, Louisiana

87 months ago

I have worked for Chase Bank here in Louisiana for several years as a personal banker. I make a decent salary and commission, and my branch manager is terrific to work with.

I don't doubt that others may have had a harder time of it than I have, however I wanted to let others know (who may be reading this and pondering working for Chase Bank) that there is another story out there. I happen to be a National Achiever, and I have had no problems.

I feel that I am appreciated, and that my job is secure. I have never been discriminated against (and I am neither white, nor male). I plan on staying with Chase until they drag me from the bank. ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

See the NY Times technology blog article discussing Ranking Corporate America on ID Thefts? Chase has a break-in rate of 613 per month. Many of these break-ins occur by un-bonded employees, lowly paid and some of the unethicals spoken about in these posts.

It's time for a new day, and folk better start to take their money from these horrible banks. Chase has had a negative reputation for some time, and the number of identity thefts have been hidden from Americans depositing their funds into these unscrupulous institutions.

The incessant racism, favoritism, and stress thwarted upon hardworking employees no matter what race, sex or situation they have must be punished in one way or another. Pull your money from these rogue institutions.

Check out the article if you have not seen it in the NYTIMES technology section.
It's well worth the read and it's not getting the visibility it deserves. It was printed on February 27, 2008 in the Technology section under blogs.

As for New Orleans poster, you are in New Orleans where banks are doing more harm to citizens than good on all accounts. From the posters here, you must be one of the favorites pandering to the unethical management listed in this forum.

Folk this forum is therapy for the stressed and food for the hungry. Keep it up!! Yes we can.

87 months ago

scheduler in Brooklyn, New York said:

As for New Orleans poster, you are in New Orleans where banks are doing more harm to citizens than good on all accounts. From the posters here, you must be one of the favorites pandering to the unethical management listed in this forum.

Folk this forum is therapy for the stressed and food for the hungry. Keep it up!! Yes we can.

Oh please. "Pandering to the unethical management"? Give me a break. I service my customers. Most of my customers also consider me a friend. They refer their friends and family to me, because they know I CARE. My theory is that people don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. Once they realize you are out to do no harm, and you are looking to help them in any way possible to save and make more money, they are your customers for life.

I make money without having to swindle, cheat, or hurt anyone. I work hard, and I play hard, and I make my money honestly.

Just because I love what I do and I choose not to complain, whine, and spend my life focusing on all the wrongs of the world doesn't mean that I am "pandering to unethical management". Get over yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

New Orleans, good for you! It's good to hear there is at least one ethical, well-meaning employee working for Chase who is not doing what most of the CHASE employees post on this site.

Hopefully you've donated time, money and energy to Katrina victims while you're making your money. I know a little about that from coming to the aid of some of the victims of that horrible tragedy, and blister of American culture.

It's not about me, it's about the people on this forum who experiencing racism, sexism and inadequate behaviors from CHASE and it's management. Peace to you and yours.

87 months ago

FightBack in Amityville, New York said: Now you know your only purpose in posting was to push my post to the bottom. Well I am laughing out loud at your pointless attempt because I will be doing a flyer campaign in a few weeks to drive traffic to my new sites, Sexual Harassment At JP Morgan Chase and The Sexual Harassment Chronicles.

sexualharassmentatjpmorganchase.blogspot.com/

... sigh ...

87 months ago

scheduler in Brooklyn, New York said: New Orleans, good for you! It's good to hear there is at least one ethical, well-meaning employee working for Chase who is not doing what most of the CHASE employees post on this site.

Hopefully you've donated time, money and energy to Katrina victims while you're making your money. I know a little about that from coming to the aid of some of the victims of that horrible tragedy, and blister of American culture.

It's not about me, it's about the people on this forum who experiencing racism, sexism and inadequate behaviors from CHASE and it's management. Peace to you and yours.

You as well. :)

Team_Work_Works in Columbus, Ohio

86 months ago

I worked for the same dept as ex longtime emplyee who replied... I had the same issue with the same managers but my wife currently works in a different dept. in a different part of town and the same BS is happening there. It seems like this bank is ready to implode in a big way.

susieskeptic in Lieu, Illinois

85 months ago

Former Employee in Dublin, Ohio said:
While I was there I spoke to many Managers and Senior Managers in Chase Ohio and Chase NY and all were scared to speak up for fear of loosing their jobs. The culture and ethics at Chase are very unhealthy. .

Hi Former Employees,

I am scared every day and it is clear to my customers and to the other "new" bankers that I work with more intelligence, heart, and diligence than anybody in the bank. I do wonder all of the time when is the appropriate time to take out the notes and notes of unethical things I've recorded about my mgr. and fellow bankers and report them. It's an environment not only of conformity, but of fear and intimidation.

I just got the job and I'm threatened to lose it if I don't hit 1500pvcs next month. Before that I was threatened that if I didn't grab at least 10 customers from the lobby for a 1-2-3 quick review and additionally grab another five or more for service work, set 3 caw on-sites by myself, as well as try to keep numbers coming in from current customers that I'd be fired. A couple months before that during my fourth week on the job I got written up for carrying a check from one branch to another. I wasn't inclined to do it, just stupid. I couldn't get the account open at the branch I was 'filling in' for because they didn't even have business account kits. I called their business banking representative and he told me to open it from my own branch as long as I got it open with Chase...and so I told the customer that I'd be happy to take it back to my branch and get it done. Looking back, everything could have been over and done with months earlier, but I was intimidated as a new banker by a stormy customer and an impossible task of getting a check deposited for him as soon as possible. I should have had him just come in another day to that branch but let him pressure me to get the work done asap.

For eight months, I haven't known if I'll have a job tomorrow.

85 months ago

Wow... that is horrible, Susie. :(

Well, we have a banker who has only been in our branch for eight months. She has not hit her minimum 1150 PVCs yet, but my manager said that is the reason why they recently changed the "New PB Incentive Plan" to a twelve month period instead of just six (in other words, new PB's get a better incentive during their first twelve months to encourage them while they are builing their pipeline and client base). Our manager has been very understanding with her as she is getting acclimated to the sales environment.

I have never been threatened that way, and I think you have a bad apple on your hands there, Susie. The Working The Lobby piece is a big deal right now with Chase, but to be honest with you, my manager told the four PB's in my branch, "If you work your Contat Mgr and get four or five presets a day to keep you busy, you don't have time to work the lobby. So if you don't like working the lobby, you had better get those presets." That's why I work my book so hard. I usually have six or seven presets a day. I take about three or four walk-ins, and maybe one or two from working the lobby... MAYBE. Now... that is NOT what Chase wants to hear, but as long as I keep bringing in the 2000+ PVCS a month, no one is going to yell at me about how I'm going about it.

They did a training in our area recently on convenience products, and my name was called for having over 1300 PVCs in convenience products ALONE. That is not from working the lobby. It was from working my book and being thorough with my customers. :)

Hang in there, Susie! I have found that in this business, bad apples tend to rot and then get thrown out of the barrell eventually.

Best wishes!

85 months ago

Alright. That's perfect. There are 10 bankers in my branch and we're in a VERY affluent area but nobody is making over 800-1600 a month since November. But all we here about is working the lobby. People are jumping ship left and right... AWESOME bankers. My manager doesn't care too much about presets, but I've noticed that I usually see at least four of my 'regular' customers a day. I am very thorough and if I spend 1hour with somebody, it's because I sell five different items to one customer. But I get my a$$ chewed out. Now I am only allowed to spend up to twenty with a customer and my PVC's from last month on the psycho-bit@#'s DDA push is making her look like the DDA queen and her bankers want to slice her throat. Nobody's making money and it's such a miserable environment I took off today because I got nauseous over not having updated the CAW pipeline this weekend and she's gonna chew my a$$ out for an hour.

Wish me luck.

FightBack in I am the real FightBack, New York

85 months ago

FIGHTBACK_ in Amityville, New York said: susie where is your branch located in illinois

WHY DON'T YOU USE YOUR OWN USER NAME TO POSE QUESTIONS?DO YOU THINK YOU CAN FOOL FOLKS INTO THINKING THAT I AM YOU?

A new lawsuit in Florida is posted to my Blog:

sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/

joel031.vox.com/

85 months ago

FIGHTBACK_ in Amityville, New York said: susie where is your branch located in illinois

What do you think I'm crazy? I get sick every time I post because I want such wise advice from people like Chase Banker in LA but I'm scared that things come back around. It doesn't matter. EVERY branch in IL is the same. We're a huge presence in this state with a lot of compeition.

Sorry, what do you do? Are you a banker?

No offense, but I refuse to get involved with the sexual harrassment blogs. I haven't seen any sexual harassment and am severely uninterested in the stories I've heard.

The one I did read was a vulgar dribble from some guy who has no integrity and who invited the perversion from what I can see. I do not *let* harassment in my life and it's from bartending that I learned these things. I hope you will not contact me or respond to me unless it involves my job as a banker in Illinois. If you know of harrassment cases in my area, I'll listen.

THanks.

85 months ago

susieskeptic in Lieu, Illinois said: What do you think I'm crazy? I get sick every time I post because I want such wise advice from people like Chase Banker in LA but I'm scared that things come back around. It doesn't matter. EVERY branch in IL is the same. We're a huge presence in this state with a lot of compeition.

No offense, but I refuse to get involved with the sexual harrassment blogs. I haven't seen any sexual harassment and am severely uninterested in the stories I've heard.

The one I did read was a vulgar dribble from some guy who has no integrity and who invited the perversion from what I can see. I do not *let* harassment in my life and it's from bartending that I learned these things. I hope you will not contact me or respond to me unless it involves my job as a banker in Illinois. If you know of harrassment cases in my area, I'll listen.

THanks.

First of all the person you are responding to is not me, and anyone with a modicum of intelligence would have realized that there is a troll impersonating me by creating a user name similar to mine.

joel031.vox.com/

85 months ago

susieskeptic in Lieu, Illinois said: What do you think I'm crazy? I get sick every time I post because I want such wise advice from people like Chase Banker in LA but I'm scared that things come back around. It doesn't matter. EVERY branch in IL is the same. We're a huge presence in this state with a lot of compeition.

THanks.

And you are having a great time in your wonderful branch making pennies when the real bankers at JP Morgan Chase are making six figures per year.

85 months ago

THanks.

There is none when you, as a bartender acquiesce to every offer.

85 months ago

FIGHTBACK_ in Amityville, New York said: i know what you mean susie. i used to be a bartender at a gay bar in NY.

So how did you like the job fake FIGHT BACK?

joel031.vox.com/
It is so apparent that JP Morgan Chase has hired you so here is my Bolg:

joel031.vox.com/

85 months ago

Susie, I am so glad that you didn't say which branch you are from in Illinois. When I read that comment, asking you that information, I shuddered - hoping you wouldn't respond to it.

Keep that information to yourself, and don't reveal too much of who you are. I love my job and my company, but I would never reveal who I am on a forum like this. Too much mess out there. Too many messy people. ;)

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.