TO ALL PROSPECTIVE JOB APPLICANTS AT JP MORGAN CHASE BANK BRANCHES BEWARE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

AARON in Brooklyn, New York

88 months ago

JP MORGAN CHASE BANK SINCE AFTER THE MERGER WITH BANK ONE IN THE YEAR 2004 HAD BECOME A VERY STRESSFUL AND UNHEALTHY PLACE TO WORK WITH. MANAGEMENT RUN THE COMPANY LIKE A MILITARY BOOTCAMP, ALMOST ALL EMPLOYEES ARE OVERWORKED & STRETCH TO THE MAX, A LOT OF EMPLOYEES FROM THE JP MORGAN CHASE BRANCHES IN THE TRI-STATE AREA OF NY, NJ & CT ARE QUITTING IN DROVES, THAT'S WHY YOU SEE JOB POSTINGS ALL THE TIME IN ALMOST ALL DEPTS AND ALL POSITIONS EVERYTIME BECAUSE OF THE VERY HIGH TURNOVER OF EMPLOYEES, EMPLOYEES COME AND GO JUST LIKE A REVOLVING DOOR. I WORK THERE FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS ALREADY & WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO WORK IN A SLAVERY/SWEATSHOP WORKING CONDITION BANK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

MARYANA in Brooklyn, New York

88 months ago

AARON in Brooklyn, New York said: JP MORGAN CHASE BANK SINCE AFTER THE MERGER WITH BANK ONE IN THE YEAR 2004 HAD BECOME A VERY STRESSFUL AND UNHEALTHY PLACE TO WORK WITH. MANAGEMENT RUN THE COMPANY LIKE A MILITARY BOOTCAMP, ALMOST ALL EMPLOYEES ARE OVERWORKED & STRETCH TO THE MAX, A LOT OF EMPLOYEES FROM THE JP MORGAN CHASE BRANCHES IN THE TRI-STATE AREA OF NY, NJ & CT ARE QUITTING IN DROVES, THAT'S WHY YOU SEE JOB POSTINGS ALL THE TIME IN ALMOST ALL DEPTS AND ALL POSITIONS EVERYTIME BECAUSE OF THE VERY HIGH TURNOVER OF EMPLOYEES, EMPLOYEES COME AND GO JUST LIKE A REVOLVING DOOR. I WORK THERE FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS ALREADY & WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO WORK IN A SLAVERY/SWEATSHOP WORKING CONDITION BANK.

HEY I APPLIED FOR A PERSONAL BANKER POSITION IN BROOKLYN SOUTH AND WAS CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW LIKE 2 DAYS AFTER . I TOOK A PERSONAL BANKER ASSESSMENT TEST AND WAS TOLD THAT I DID NOT PASS SO THEREFORE THEY WONT BE SPEAKING TO ME ABOUT THE POSITION.....AFTER I FINISHED THE TEST I WENT BACK AND CHANGED A COUPLE OF ANSWERS WHICH I DONT THINK WERE CHANGED ...WHEN I EMAILED THE RECRUITER TO FIND OUT IF MY CHANGES WERE MADE SHE DIDNT EVEN HAE THE DECENCY TO ANSWER MY EMAIL ANY SUGGESTIONS WHERE I SHOULD APPLY AARON?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cubby

88 months ago

AARON in Brooklyn, New York said: JP MORGAN CHASE BANK SINCE AFTER THE MERGER WITH BANK ONE IN THE YEAR 2004 HAD BECOME A VERY STRESSFUL AND UNHEALTHY PLACE TO WORK WITH. MANAGEMENT RUN THE COMPANY LIKE A MILITARY BOOTCAMP, ALMOST ALL EMPLOYEES ARE OVERWORKED & STRETCH TO THE MAX, A LOT OF EMPLOYEES FROM THE JP MORGAN CHASE BRANCHES IN THE TRI-STATE AREA OF NY, NJ & CT ARE QUITTING IN DROVES, THAT'S WHY YOU SEE JOB POSTINGS ALL THE TIME IN ALMOST ALL DEPTS AND ALL POSITIONS EVERYTIME BECAUSE OF THE VERY HIGH TURNOVER OF EMPLOYEES, EMPLOYEES COME AND GO JUST LIKE A REVOLVING DOOR. I WORK THERE FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS ALREADY & WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO WORK IN A SLAVERY/SWEATSHOP WORKING CONDITION BANK.

I totally agree with you all the way. I recently was an employee with them and it has become unsucessful for me. I once had a partner working together and now she quit due to family situation and I was all alone and was very overwhelmed and I requested to the management to hire someone to replace and said no they would not and said to me "deal with it" so it is their loss and I ended up had walked out on the job and I also agree that I would NEVER recommend anyone there. It is unsafe like that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dagny Taggart in Springfield, Missouri

87 months ago

When Bank One ran the business, we were treated fairly and with respect. And respect was what truly mattered, now, we are all treated as if we were teenagers, with no common sense nor intelligence.

Unfortunately, in this one horse, bible thumping town, this is one of the few jobs one can at least make a passable living.

AND just recently Summer 2007, the changed the entire commission (OH, sorry, Incentive structure) so now I have to make 35% more sales per day just to maintain the fair to middlin income I was making before.

Oh well, as long as the big wigs in the Boardroom are taking home their multi-millions...why should we little peons complain?

Stand by...read the blogs on USA Today....the people, we WAGE slaves, are PISSED!!!

Stepping off my soapbox now. Thanks for listening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

87 months ago

Dagny Taggart in Springfield, Missouri said: When Bank One ran the business, we were treated fairly and with respect. And respect was what truly mattered, now, we are all treated as if we were teenagers, with no common sense nor intelligence.

Unfortunately, in this one horse, bible thumping town, this is one of the few jobs one can at least make a passable living.

AND just recently Summer 2007, the changed the entire commission (OH, sorry, Incentive structure) so now I have to make 35% more sales per day just to maintain the fair to middlin income I was making before.

Oh well, as long as the big wigs in the Boardroom are taking home their multi-millions...why should we little peons complain?

Stand by...read the blogs on USA Today....the people, we WAGE slaves, are PISSED!!!

Stepping off my soapbox now. Thanks for listening.

Thank you for your comment! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.