Personal Banker Interview @ Chase

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Art in Brooklyn, New York

40 months ago

Hi,

I know how negatively people here view Chase and their management, but this thread is not about that.

What should I expect at the interview? What kind of questions? I know there's going to be role-playing. Any tips?

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Candy A in Junction City, Oregon

40 months ago

Ditto to Art and no reply yet on my question in jobs forum...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Why doesn't my comment appear when I click reply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Of course, Candy, they are able to remember how evil the look was that the manager gave them 10 years ago at 4:31PM when they just stepped out the bathroom, but they miraculously can't remember how they got the f-----g job in the first place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Candy A in Junction City, Oregon

40 months ago

Here is my question that I had: Hi All- I am inquiring because I nailed an assessment for financial stuff as i applied, had an email the next day and a phone interview the following, I will be interviewing in person for a job with Chase for Personal Banker on mon., I am wondering what happens if I get the offer in regards to background as I have had a reckless driving when i was way younger, it's been 14 years or so. I have had nothing significant since then. will this hurt me and also I had a bk and it has been 8 yrs in June. Any adviec and I do know what to expect when it comes to the interview as I have worked in sales, etc. Howevr, working the lobby is newer to me in an interview, the group stuff I can do. I will also need to move but that's ok as long as time is given and how do i go about negotiating because I have had a call from another bank as well for same position but need to schedule the interview. Please advise as much as possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pd_on1 in Elmhurst, Illinois

39 months ago

Chase has an indepth hiring process. You will interview at least 3 times, once being the phone interview. You will have to role-play and show your sales skills. Be prepared, do your research, Know their products.
As far as the background ck goes, if it comes down to you or another applicant that are equal to that point, they will go with the one with the clean record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Candy A in Virginia

39 months ago

Pd_on1 in Elmhurst, Illinois said: Chase has an indepth hiring process. You will interview at least 3 times, once being the phone interview. You will have to role-play and show your sales skills. Be prepared, do your research, Know their products.
As far as the background ck goes, if it comes down to you or another applicant that are equal to that point, they will go with the one with the clean record.

Thanks, I got the job, quite a bit ago!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Meeze in Chicago, Illinois

35 months ago

Candy A...can you talk about your interview process (the in-person part)?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Natalie in Basingstoke, United Kingdom

34 months ago

Meeze in Chicago, Illinois said: Candy A...can you talk about your interview process (the in-person part)?

Hi,
Just been to an interview with JPMorgan. Job was in London, and the role was quite interesting and challenging.
I blew it - thought I did the reasraech, but not enough. I looked at the general company information, a couple of definitions. But they were not specific to the job spec.
'Boss to be' who was interviewing me said the cv looks impressive, but the fact I did not understand well what the department does, who are the clients, who are the competitors - completely smudged the impression. Because she needs to be sure that whoever client calls and I happen to take the call - I must be able to provide a competent answer to their problem. Fair point.

So when they say 'do your research' - really put efforts into examining every word in the job spec and what it means to the company. They don't expect you to be an expert in the concepts that are new to you (better be honest about it), but a general understanding is essential, and also a demonstration that you did your homework.

Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.