Personal banker position?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (601 to 650 of 736)
Page:  « First « Previous   10  11  12  13  14  15  Next »   Last »

dowjonesup in N/A, New York

75 months ago

olusola in rosedale, New York said: Congrats,i passed the assesment test,thanks to u guys on this website.Have an interview with the district and branch manager on monday,hope it goes well.Any idea on what questions to expect?

What is the BM's name or which branch location?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ricky in NYC in Queens, New York

75 months ago

Hey guys,

The recruiter should notify you after passing the test or you should receive an email notification letting you know that you passed. Make sure you save the recruiter's number and build good rapport with him/her because they are the ones that will get your foot in the door with interviews and what to expect and what not. You may be asked questions such as what can you bring to the table or what can you do better than anyone else? Make sure you include words like 'team work' and 'customer centric'. Good luck to those who are going for the exam or interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

babygirl23 in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

your recruiter tells you rightaway if you passed or not

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

olusola in rosedale, New York

75 months ago

yes she did

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

babygirl23 in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

gene in Brooklyn, New York said: what is the math like on the second assement test

they have question like if a customer have 30yr mortgage and they are paying 200.00 a month in principal but they want to pay it off in 10yrs less how much more would they have to pay a month. the answer was none of the above
all the question are mad tricky yiu have to carefully read them before you answer anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

olusola in rosedale, New York

75 months ago

yes they had a question but I think the answer was in the option.but it was tricky.you have to think deep.I passed it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dowjonesup in N/A, New York

75 months ago

PEOPLE You sound like you just took off your cap and gown. Why would you work for a bank where they couldn't care about their employees? Interview some of the staff and ask them how long they have been with Chase. When you find out the turn over...you'll run to HSBC or Citi...don't sell yourselves short. You need to find out the facts first. Live and learn!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JESSICARABBITT in Houston, Texas

75 months ago

I HAVE BEEN IN CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR OVER 7 YEARS TO START. I WENT IN FOR THE INTERVIEW, PASSED THE ASS. TEST AND WAS ASKED A SERIES OF GENERAL QUESTION. SUCH AS "HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT INNOVATIVE PEOPLE?" I BELIEVE THAT INNOVATION IS WHAT HAS CONTRIBUTED TO THE GROWTH AND SUCCESS OF OUR NATION. COMPANIES HAVE TO REEVALUATE AND CHANGE WITH THE TIMES, SO DO PEOPLE. -- HE TOLD ME HE DIDN'T AGREE AND SAID THATS WHY I WOULD GET FIRED. ----

IF CHASE HAD NOT CHANGED WITH TIMES THEN WHY DO THEY OFFER ON LINE BANKING?

-ALSO AS A PERSONAL BANKER CUSTOMER SERVICES IS LAST ON THERE MINDS--

THEY ASK WHATS MOST IMORTANT YOU HAVE TO ANSWER MONEY OF COUSE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

JESSICARABBITT in Houston, Texas

75 months ago

I AM A COLLEGE GRAD. I COULD HARDLY READ YOUR POSTING DUE THE MISSPELLED WORDS--- IS THIS WHAT CHASE WANTS? I GUESS SO. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CAREER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lop sup in Columbus, Ohio

75 months ago

dowjonesup in N/A, New York said: PEOPLE You sound like you just took off your cap and gown. Why would you work for a bank where they couldn't care about their employees? Interview some of the staff and ask them how long they have been with Chase. When you find out the turn over...you'll run to HSBC or Citi...don't sell yourselves short. You need to find out the facts first. Live and learn!

Hey dowjonesup: What does HSBC stand for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dowjonesup in N/A, New York

75 months ago

susieskeptic in New York, New York said: sometimes i have a free minutes and i come on to this forum just to laugh and feel sorry for everybody. people! it's over! personal bankers are not respected people- they're best buy representatives and retail sales clerks at best. do yourself a favor and if you're considering personal banker jobs, please be under twenty five and recognizant of the lowliness of your status. it's an entry level position for people with little self-esteem who get r@ped up the a&& every day by piece of $h&* managers who get paid $hi* to act really big and mean. half the managers and district managers make shi& for money. DOn't let the a&&h@les scare you. A really big stuck-in-the-closet d@ucheb@g on the North Shore- be forewarned. Partnered with anorexic old ankle-biter. drives you up a wall. Bi&^* on West side too- miserable mammoth bu!!emic or something bi&^% you best stay away from. initials k.w. look out-be aware of the icy b!%$h- forges and flirts- left our branch in shambles. bi-polar beyond belief. If it weren't for this forum and sage advice from dowjones i wouldn't have been able to break free myself because they keep you indentured for the first year- so poor that you have to suc* it up and go door-to-door selling checking accounts like an uneducated pi*ce of shi*. BEWARE. Why do you think they're ALWAYS HIRING!?!? It's not a distinguished position like the dad in Mary Poppins, you ditzy girls I read on the forum as of late. We're all seriously f-d up from the torture and mortification of Chase. Listen UP.

Hi Susie- It's been awhile since we chatted. By your tone, you're going through the first stages of the mental damage Chase caused you. I know your pain. I'm feeling it everyday. I know someones watching this and is on my side. I will prevail! Keep focused and if you can fight them, do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dowjonesup in N/A, New York

75 months ago

susieskeptic in New York, New York said: sometimes i have a free minutes and i come on to this forum just to laugh and feel sorry for everybody. people! it's over! personal bankers are not respected people- they're best buy representatives and retail sales clerks at best. do yourself a favor and if you're considering personal banker jobs, please be under twenty five and recognizant of the lowliness of your status. it's an entry level position for people with little self-esteem who get r@ped up the a&& every day by piece of $h&* managers who get paid $hi* to act really big and mean. half the managers and district managers make shi& for money. DOn't let the a&&h@les scare you. A really big stuck-in-the-closet d@ucheb@g on the North Shore- be forewarned. Partnered with anorexic old ankle-biter. drives you up a wall. Bi&^* on West side too- miserable mammoth bu!!emic or something bi&^% you best stay away from. initials k.w. look out-be aware of the icy b!%$h- forges and flirts- left our branch in shambles. bi-polar beyond belief. If it weren't for this forum and sage advice from dowjones i wouldn't have been able to break free myself because they keep you indentured for the first year- so poor that you have to suc* it up and go door-to-door selling checking accounts like an uneducated pi*ce of shi*. BEWARE. Why do you think they're ALWAYS HIRING!?!? It's not a distinguished position like the dad in Mary Poppins, you ditzy girls I read on the forum as of late. We're all seriously f-d up from the torture and mortification of Chase. Listen UP.

P/S are you in New York? Wanna be a witness? If so, email me dowjonesup@yahoo.com...seriously...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dowjonesup in N/A, New York

75 months ago

lop sup in Columbus, Ohio said: Hey dowjonesup: What does HSBC stand for.

Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation...what is this a Chase PB test! Please!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

S Lee in Nowhere, New Jersey

75 months ago

I love it when everyone is a spell/grammer police especially when they can't differentiate - their, there, they're....Let's stop telling people to spell correctly or use proper grammer. Use this forum to help someone learn more about Chase or any other company so that he/she can get a better picture of the company...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jesus Cordova in Albany, New York

75 months ago

When i was first hired, I thought the same thing. I thought people like dowjonesup and fightback were just disgruntled employees who couldnt cut so they came to this site to talk trash about the job and company.The first few months everything was fine and dandy then it began. Let me be the first to say IM SORRY. u are absolutly right. This job is the most brainless and demeaning job out there. I am scrambling looking for other jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ssm in New York, New York

75 months ago

do you remember any of the questions...from the test...or how did you prepare for them...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dowjonesup in N/A, New York

75 months ago

Jesus Cordova in Albany, New York said: When i was first hired, I thought the same thing. I thought people like dowjonesup and fightback were just disgruntled employees who couldnt cut so they came to this site to talk trash about the job and company.The first few months everything was fine and dandy then it began. Let me be the first to say IM SORRY. u are absolutly right. This job is the most brainless and demeaning job out there. I am scrambling looking for other jobs.

It's overwhelming to see such a large institution which appears to the public to be such a powerhouse. I think in life you have to start your career somewhere. Then you can figure out your destiny. I have been in the financial industry for many years and started where I needed to start. When I worked for Chase I was a VP. I made much more than my immediate managers. However, because I didn't have a bulge in my slacks or I didn't cave into certian things that came my way, the under carriage of the bus is where I ended up. This forum is a great way for people like myself to vent and hopefully stop someone from going to a firm who truly discriminates against women. There are so many more details I would go into to prove my side but it has to go through the legal system. I chose this route and I hope that I prove my case. I hope that Chase will learn from lessons of the past and how to treat their employees who are trustworthy, loyal and hardworking ethical people. It's a terrible feeling to be discriminated in anyway against or harassed sexually or mentally. Shame on them. I'm glad I made some sort of impact on this blog. I never blogged before! If you are at Chase good luck but if you left or were fired from Chase, I know your pain. You must fight them if you were put through the torture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

susieskeptic in New York, New York

74 months ago

dowjonesup in N/A, New York said: P/S are you in New York? Wanna be a witness? If so, email me dowjonesup@yahoo.com...seriously...

First of all, I called your attorney months ago and he pretty much told me I have nothing.

I tried to help. But he was very uninterested. Thanks for the offer... again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dowjonesup in N/A, New York

74 months ago

susieskeptic in New York, New York said: First of all, I called your attorney months ago and he pretty much told me I have nothing.

I tried to help. But he was very uninterested. Thanks for the offer... again.

This discussion is an offline discussion. If interested, please email me at dowjonesup@yahoo.com...
Otherwise it says on the side that you are from/in NY...Why did I think you were in another state? Did you move? I hope your doing better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chase----away customers in columbus, Ohio

74 months ago

does anyone know if joe kellar is still (a) with chase, and (b) still presides over the columbus ohio market? also, is bill brooks still there? would be interesting to see where these guys are know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chase----away customers in columbus, Ohio

74 months ago

courage to properly spell my insults? i'm sorry that your GED didn't properly prepare you to understand what "sh*t" is referring to. i guess the PB job demands an even lower caliber person than i originally thought. shouldn't you be dialing for dollars? how many checking accounts did you open today? btw- "mudda focker"? isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? or is that reference over your head as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Pataskala, Ohio

73 months ago

Does anyone know what the salary range would be for a pay grade 601 at Chase Bank?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

dowjonesup in N/A, New York

73 months ago

Chase----away customers in columbus, Ohio said: What was it that you said before? Oh, that,s right: "Of course it would be a pathetic person that would reply to my comment, naturally". I also see that spelling and grammar are not your strong suits. But being a banker for Chase only requires a person who has no other options in life, so I'm sure you fit nicely. You must be the pride of the trailer park. Now go work the lobby...

I can't believe people have time to go back and forth to put one another down. Move on...is this arguing worth it? Blow off steam at the gym instead!

What matters is who has Chase wrongfully pushed out or fired? Watch out for the evil Chase management who will lie to save their tails. Come forward the law is on our side. Contact me at DOWJONESUP@YAHOO.COM I am greatful to see emails from you in my box. Keep 'em coming! I know you are out there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bubbly in New York, New York

73 months ago

jay in New York, New York said: If you want to be a banker, Chase probably has the best incentive plan compared to the other large banks... You can easily make 30K extra on top of your base...

As far as the second part, it's mainly measures your consistency... Think about sales when you answer the second part.

Do you work with Chase? I would be very soon starting to work with chase and really worried about my decision after reading so much bad about chase

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cman1732 in Chicago, Illinois

73 months ago

Sounds like you made your decision, if you talked to other banks dont burn your bridges with them. The one thing you should've looked at is how often Chase is looking for PB's. The company is a revolving door, the hire and fire like it is going out of style, or people leave. People are not getting promoted like they want you to believe. Good luck, if you are an attractive female you should have no problem, sorry to say that but that is how they work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

lop sup in Columbus, Ohio

73 months ago

cman1732 in Chicago, Illinois said: said: "if you are an attractive female you should have no problem, sorry to say that but that is how they work there."

CMAN: and if she speaks 2 or more languages she moves up even FASTER................... (Sorry women but that is a sad FACT)............ Unfortunately, you have to a woman, black, asian, hispanic - any MINORITY - You've WON the game.......... If you are a White Male - simply forget about it - do you job, work for as long as you like, then move on...........................

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

luv2run in Littleton, Colorado

73 months ago

I worked for Chase and Bank One as a banker and in management. I am returning to the bank after taking time off to have a baby. I am so greatful to be able to come back to such a great company! It is a sales position and you can make great money! I think many people leave and turn over is high because sales is not for everyone. If you are a hard worker and use the tools they give you, you will do very well. I worked for the bank for almost 6 years before I left and I did work extremely hard, but I also did very well. Location plays a big key too. I did work as a sales coach in the West Region for a year and have been in over 60 branches, some that were definitely busier than others. The point I am trying to make is that there are also good sales people making good money in slower branches. If you like people and can help them out, while looking for other opportunities, the banker postition is for you. That is pretty much what you do all day long, help people, then look for other ways to help like how is your mortgage rate? Do you have an old 401K out there? Let me show you how to pay your bills online, it's free! Do you own your own busienss, etc. I also know that money is a stressful thing for a lot of people so you do have to deal with some frustrated people from time to time. Most people hate fees, I do too! If you listen to them and try to help them out or understand where they are coming from, they appreciate that. We all deal with difficult people from time to time, that happens in every job out there. I think the baker job gets a bad wrap because it is a very stressful industry. There are so many awful sales jobs out there, try selling postage meters or copiers with no leads! Customers walk in and we try as bankers to help them and look for opportunities. It is not rocket science! As a former and now returning employee, I again think it is a great job and again, just not for everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

dowjonesup in N/A, New York

73 months ago

Luv2Run, It certainly sounds like you must love the taste of Koolaide. It's a clear sign of management to talk up a firm that is cut throat and backstabbing to their loyal hardworking employees. Yes, If your in management and back the corporation no matter if you have to lie. As management it's almost a unspoken rule. I have never in my life seen such a nightmare. It's a terrible place to work and I would never recommend it. I am now free from the retaliation, discrimination and lies from management and more. I hope the firm at some point fails because a firm like this doesn't deserve to survive the mess on wall street. I hope it goes down and no one bails them out!
If you are a liar and a cheat, you will do very well there...very well.

REMEMBER, IF YOU ARE A FEMALE THAT HAS SEEN THE WORST SIDE OF THIS EMPLOYER THEN CONTACT ME AT DOWJONESUP@YAHOO.COM THANK YOU!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

luv2run in Littleton, Colorado

73 months ago

I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the bank. No I am not a liar or a cheater, just a very hard worker. To anyone who is thinking about working at Chase. Remember, it is a sales position and lots of people think that sales is for them, it is not for everyone. I feel bad that you had such a bad experience, did you talk to HR? Did you try to do anything about it? I flew on a major airline recently and had an awful experience, no air conditioning and an extremely rude flight crew. It was a bad deal for everyone. I am not assuming that this is how the airline operates, one bad apple does not spoil the bunch. I have flown with them before and have since that awful flight. They are a good solid airline, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

If you decide to work for the bank, it seems like there are many ex upset employees on this site. Misery loves company, remember that!

Chase just acquired WAMU, a huge failure with the banking world. Chase is not going anywhere, they won't need a bailout!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dowjonesup in N/A, New York

72 months ago

luv2run in Littleton, Colorado said: I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the bank. No I am not a liar or a cheater, just a very hard worker. To anyone who is thinking about working at Chase. Remember, it is a sales position and lots of people think that sales is for them, it is not for everyone. I feel bad that you had such a bad experience, did you talk to HR? Did you try to do anything about it? I flew on a major airline recently and had an awful experience, no air conditioning and an extremely rude flight crew. It was a bad deal for everyone. I am not assuming that this is how the airline operates, one bad apple does not spoil the bunch. I have flown with them before and have since that awful flight. They are a good solid airline, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

If you decide to work for the bank, it seems like there are many ex upset employees on this site. Misery loves company, remember that!

Chase just acquired WAMU, a huge failure with the banking world. Chase is not going anywhere, they won't need a bailout!

You are so Corporate it's pathetic. I hate the taste of koolaide but you obviously gulp it up! I did go to HR and they ignored it. I'm glad you give your airline a second chance but your talking about discrimination and more. That's months not hours of a flight! You can't compare the two. At least you got a bag of peanuts! I won't go to your low level because I'm sure your an individual that has been programs to kiss the asses that feed you. How sad. There will be a good outcome after all because I have started what will not end so quickly. You can say misery loves company but like you say, work hard....well I did and I continue and I as well as others here or to follow will come up against these "so called giants!" And Chase may have bought WM but I am sure there is alot your company hasn't disclosed to you about what may be hidden. As they normally lie to their staff and ignore problems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

luv2run in Littleton, Colorado

72 months ago

I am very sorry for your experience dowjones. I actually am about as far from Corporate as it gets. My husband worked for another large bank and has had nothing but problems. He worked in IT, but it was still a rotten deal for him in the end. After 13 yrs and lots of heartache, He left and let it go, moved on to a better lifestyle for him and our family. You don't know me at all, most people who have met me think I am super friendly and very nice. I won't lie to you, career wise, I am driven. I give 110% in everything I do and as a manager, I did everything I could for my staff. I ran a teller window often so my tellers could have time off, I worked the SSA desk, acted as a banker often because of vacations or training. I never asked my staff to do anything that I would not do. I would not call that corporate. I did hold people accountable, if it was 3PM and we were dead, I would make calls with the bankers to try to set appointments or look for business customers we had not talked to in a year or longer. This job requires that type of effort and commitment to make good money and to have a successful branch. I think the people who are looking to work for the bank need to see the good side of the bank and I believe there is a good one. I just want to show the positive side of things, not all the negative comments that are on here! Good Luck to you with everything. Again, don't call me pathetic or corporate, you have no idea about my personality or work ethic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dowjonesup in N/A, New York

72 months ago

luv2run in Littleton, Colorado said: I am very sorry for your experience dowjones. I actually am about as far from Corporate as it gets. My husband worked for another large bank and has had nothing but problems. He worked in IT, but it was still a rotten deal for him in the end. After 13 yrs and lots of heartache, He left and let it go, moved on to a better lifestyle for him and our family. You don't know me at all, most people who have met me think I am super friendly and very nice. I won't lie to you, career wise, I am driven. I give 110% in everything I do and as a manager, I did everything I could for my staff. I ran a teller window often so my tellers could have time off, I worked the SSA desk, acted as a banker often because of vacations or training. I never asked my staff to do anything that I would not do. I would not call that corporate. I did hold people accountable, if it was 3PM and we were dead, I would make calls with the bankers to try to set appointments or look for business customers we had not talked to in a year or longer. This job requires that type of effort and commitment to make good money and to have a successful branch. I think the people who are looking to work for the bank need to see the good side of the bank and I believe there is a good one. I just want to show the positive side of things, not all the negative comments that are on here! Good Luck to you with everything. Again, don't call me pathetic or corporate, you have no idea about my personality or work ethic.

I appreciate your last comments. That's more of an acceptable stance. I gave 110% at all times. I have worked hours most wouldn't imagine! I have ethics and morals and working for Chase I have learned that it means NOTHING! I'm amazed at what I saw and I hope justice is done. You seemed to have been lucky. I never in my entire life have been so lied to and the attempt to destroy me so great. I will succeed because failure isn't an option!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bobby Biscuits in Mount Prospect, Illinois

72 months ago

That would be great if anyone who has taken the math test can toss up a few questions on here. Any examples would be good. I already went over the examples posted on here, so I'm just looking for more and newer example q's. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

luv2run in Littleton, Colorado

72 months ago

I took the test 2 weeks ago. I would get and SAT prep test book from the library and go over those questions. I spent about 2 hours doing that and it helped me. Look mostly at percentage questions and take your time when solving the answers. My portion was 16 questions, all long math questions. I already have my 6. Take your time and review the SAT prep stuff and you will do great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GoHawks in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

Bobby Biscuits in Mount Prospect, Illinois said: That would be great if anyone who has taken the math test can toss up a few questions on here. Any examples would be good. I already went over the examples posted on here, so I'm just looking for more and newer example q's. Thanks

I think everyone has really made the assessment seem MUCH more difficult than it really is. I had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM with it!- it's not hard at all! Quite honestly, if you are working in a bank as anything but a teller, you need to be licensed in Life/Health, Series 6, & Series 63. If you cannot pass this simple assessment, you have a slim chance at passing the multiple licensing exams, which are very difficult and require at least 30-60 days of intense study. But to get to your question, just Google "IQ Test" and look at any of the questions that involve patterns, math, or analytical though. These will be nearly identical to the assessment questions. Good Luck...and I don't think you really need to worry about the test, though. And by the way, I do not consider myself above average intellectually. I had at 26 ACT in high school (average), and graduated from college with a 3.14 GPA (average) in Psyc/Business and would say that most people that work at JPMorgan Chase are probably smarter than me. I really think you'll do just fine on the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bobby Biscuits in Mount Prospect, Illinois

72 months ago

Well, I just took the test. I have to agree with GoHawks (good name, i play hockey) and the test is a joke. I believe I got all of them right. You have all the time in the world and its very self explanatory. It's all common sense as well. If you have ever lived on your own or deal with your own money, every question they ask you, you can relate to.

Use your calculator and you'll be all set...there should be no worries by anyone who graduated from even junior high.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelina in mokena, Illinois

72 months ago

Bobby, You recently took the assessment online? I took mine on Monday and I have yet to hear back. I guess that means I might have failed? It's pretty difficult to get into chase it seems and I've been in banking for more than 2 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chicago98 in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

I just took the test online. 21 questions.After 4 hours I did receive an E-mail
from Chase :
"Thank you for your interest in the position of Personal Banker - Chicago IL. After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected to interview for this position.

I guess that means I might have failed assessment or because I work for Bank one back in 2002 for 3 mo.they don`t lake it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelina in mokena, Illinois

72 months ago

a few days have passed, yesterday i did get something saying regarding a position in oak forest, that i was not selected. I am still waiting back on the mokena position, but i keep getting the same email over and over saying to email the recruiter with my contact information so they can discuss my background.

I dont mind working hard, but the test was just a joke and I'm not sure, if I was chosen all the same, if I'd be a good fit there. Bottom line, i think they would rather hire people that already have their licenses so they dont have to pay for newbies to get them. I work for a community bank, they dont even offer us the option to get our licenses, so I guess I'm SOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lop sup in Columbus, Ohio

72 months ago

Chicago98::: Do you believe hiring practices are different for previous employees

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bobby Biscuits in Mount Prospect, Illinois

72 months ago

I don't have any licensing yet. I'm in the middle of getting hired now, so hopefully that works out. To be honest, the way the job market is now, your best bet is to get to know someone at a company and have them hand your application in...otherwise you're just another piece of paper on the desk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chicago98 in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

lop sup in Columbus, Ohio said: Chicago98::: Do you believe hiring practices are different for previous employees

Thanks

I don`t know.Usually employers don`t like it when you work for them a short period of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

luv2run in Littleton, Colorado

72 months ago

I am a recent employee and worked for bank one as well, the test to be a banker is a new thing. It does not matter how long or how recent your employment was, if you are looking to get re hired it is all part of the process. I know there are posts on here talking about how easy the test was, good for those folks! I struggle with tests and did when I took the Series 6 and passed with a low passing score, but a pass is a pass! I also thought the exam was not easy. Everyone is different. I don't think they discriminate if you have worked for the bank previously as Chase or Bank One. If you left on good terms they should want to hire someone back who knows the system and how the job works. Those are just my thoughts and I worked at the bank for 6 yrs and am returning after a yr off.
Good Luck to all new candidates. I think there are only going to be a few major banks out there after the whole Wachovia ordeal and Chase's recent purchase of WAMU. I am very thankful to be employed and with a major player as well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Chase----away customers in columbus, Ohio

72 months ago

Chicago98 in Chicago, Illinois said: I don`t know.Usually employers don`t like it when you work for them a short period of time.

The personal banker position is a pedestrian job, where only a high school diploma, GED, or sometimes just the ability to read suffice as acceptable qualifications. being a banker is not what it used to be. especially not at chase. this post is not coming from a bad place, i.e. contempt, jealousy, etc- its just the plain truth and anyone who really knows anthing about this company and more importantly the position of PB would know this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Michelina in mokena, Illinois

72 months ago

Chase----away customers in columbus, Ohio said: The personal banker position is a pedestrian job

Thats really nice to say. If you mean just @ Chase, then that's your own things, but I LOVE being a personal banker. I went to school, I have my degree, but I CHOOSE to be a banker. I don't feel like much of a pedestrian.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Chase----away customers in columbus, Ohio

72 months ago

Michelina in mokena, Illinois said: Thats really nice to say. If you mean just @ Chase, then that's your own things, but I LOVE being a personal banker. I went to school, I have my degree, but I CHOOSE to be a banker. I don't feel like much of a pedestrian.

you must be a recent hire. you've worked there for under a year i bet, judging by your naivete.

my comment wasn't meant to be nice or mean- just stating fact. sorry it hurt your feelings, maybe thats a sign that you realize what i said is true. if you have a college degree you deserve better than the personal banker job. you owe it to yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

luv2run in Littleton, Colorado

72 months ago

I have worked for Chase and Bank One for over 6 yrs. I took a break to have a baby. I am going back to the bank after being a stay at home mom. I have managed at the bank and also been a consultant. The banker job is what you make it. Those who have negative posts and have to cut down those of us still working for the bank, that is your choice. I say if you want to make some great money and work for a large bank, go to Chase. Ignore all the negativity on this site!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Chase----away customers in columbus, Ohio

72 months ago

luv2run in Littleton, Colorado said: I have worked for Chase and Bank One for over 6 yrs. I took a break to have a baby. I am going back to the bank after being a stay at home mom. I have managed at the bank and also been a consultant. The banker job is what you make it. Those who have negative posts and have to cut down those of us still working for the bank, that is your choice. I say if you want to make some great money and work for a large bank, go to Chase. Ignore all the negativity on this site!

do you not see that the negativity is coming from real experiences? and yes- i'm sure there are plenty of people on here who bash it b/c they were slackers and were treated as such- BUT, there are legitimate stories throughout these boards of terrible experiences and they are there to keep the job seekers informed. if you have had a good experience, then great- good for you. by all means share it, but don't tell people who have had terrible experiences that they shouldn't share theirs. and the negative posts aren't meant to cut those down who still work there- if that is how you feel then get over yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

luv2run in Littleton, Colorado

72 months ago

I am fine with everyone being able to express themselves and vent. If you were treated bad in any way at Chase, I hope you took it to HR. I do find it insulting when you put others down who do have college degrees and are happy in their current roles with the bank. I don't need to get over myself because I wear no chip on my shoulder and am a genuinely nice and caring person who just wants both sides of the bank to be represented. My husband worked for a different bank and was treated horribly after 12 yrs, he is leaving. It is what it is and he is looking forward to a new career path instead of looking back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Chase----away customers in columbus, Ohio

72 months ago

The PB position does not require a college degree.

Is that sentence offensive even though it's true?
Again, I am not putting down the people, I am putting down the position and the company. When I state a known fact- such as "the pb position has extremely high turnover"- am I trying to be insulting? No. But I see people on here who claim to have degrees and they are trying to become a pb. Why throw away a degree on such a high turnover job with a company that has no idea how to value it's employees? ugh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   10  11  12  13  14  15  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.