Personal banker position?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (701 to 737 of 737)
Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15   

bwilson444 in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

misterbleu22 in Jackson Heights, New York said: From what the Admin told me when I "accepted" the offer, you have to wear business casual clothes to training or study sessions. Once you move into the branch, they give you a gift card to buy Chase branded shirts.

I've heard that Chase tellers in New York have to perform duties before and after they close their windows and don't get paid for the work!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

royalflush84 in Everywhere!!! LOL, Illinois

47 months ago

Ok so there wasn't enough room for my oversized post. Anyhow, it did let me finish the test, but now with only 20 minutes left on the computer. I was running short on time. I finished pretty well i thought on the math, and basically used my first instincts on each personality question. I had 45 seconds left library time. I hit submit, and that was it. Hopefully, A.) They accept my assesment B.) The questions were correct, which i feel they were. I will let you guys know the outcome soon. Pray for me!!!! LOL. Good Luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ansola in Bothell, Washington

47 months ago

Good Luck royalflush84!

I just submitted my application online a couple of days ago and also completed the assessment. I haven't heard back anything. When you hear back can you let us know if everyone learns out how they did on the assessment?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

royalflush84 in Everywhere!!! LOL, Illinois

47 months ago

GOOD NEWS FLASH!!! So not only did i spank that assessment in the ass, lol, but my first interview was held, and it went very well! I am scheduled to interview with the District Manager early next week. Got my fingers crossed, but so far so good. The assessment is easy. Percentages mixed in paragraph form. Break the facts down, and use addition, subtraction, multiplying, and percentages. Simple. I had it one step harder because i had to use a computer at the library which was timed. The actual assessment isn't timed though. I saw a post on here about the personality section of the test advising to think "sales" when answering that portion of the questions.It helped me allot.Good luck to everyone and i'll be sure to keep you posted until i'm sitting in a desk with my name on it! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lvelazq1 in Schaumburg, Illinois

47 months ago

How did you get the interview? I have applied for over 65 personal banker openings and can't get an interview. Are you Bilingual Royalflush84 I think the recruiters are biased towards bilinguals even if they don't have sales experience? I seen some jobs posted one day that say nothing about being bilingual, then about two days later the same job is updated to day Bilingual Spanish Required or Bilingual Russian Required. I thought Chase was suppose to be an equal opportunity employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wishiwasrich in Nesconset, New York

46 months ago

So I work as a PB at Chase since May. The assesment is mostly percentages and personality stuff. I am not going to bash chase but you must like to sell and cold call to do this job. I hate this job and If it wasn't the paying back for licenses thing I probably would have walked out already. This job is awesum if you have awesum traffic, I see if I am lucky 15 people and thats bugging people in the lobby and everything. But honestly even if I had more traffic I still hate this job. Its awesum for people who don't mind selling and cold calling, I HATE cold calling and they make you do call nights and call all day, if you're in a slow branch prepare to be a telemarketer. Please really think about what you're comfortable doing at your job before taking this job because they do not shuttup about opening checking accounts and debit cards and bill pay and this that every product they offer basically. If you don't mind this type of job go for it you will be a star because I think alot of people who have this job don't really like it and it's a stepping stone to the next thing. Hopefully I make it the year... Happy Hunting!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lvelazq1 in Schaumburg, Illinois

46 months ago

When you say Cold Calling do you mean picking up the Yellow Pages and going down the List and calling random numbers, or calling your existing clients and doing follow ups or customers that recieved mailers. Every type of sales that you are there full time you have to create business and set up appointments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

345ME in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

46 months ago

Im in the last part of the interview process. Outcome looks very positive. Can anyone tell me what a typical schedule for a personal banker looks like. I am trying to line up childcare so I need a good idea of the schedule. Also does it come out montly weekly or what? How good are they with set days to stay later and every other Saturday. Childcare centers close at 530 and I have no family around to help so Im stressing about finding a good nanny for everyday.... Please help me....Can you give me a good sample of what two weeks look like...Thank you all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alstu85@gmail.com in Morganville, New Jersey

45 months ago

jd in Columbus, Ohio said: I worked as a personal banker for Chase (formerly Bank One) in Columbus, OH between 2004 and 2006. I noticed someone on here say that they have 15 yrs sales experience and bank manager experience...listen to me, you do NOT want this job. You can easily find something far better somewhere else that will pay you accordingly. They will try to lowball you salary wise, and pay you somewhere between $28k to $32k (at the absolute MOST, and almost unheard of). Commission-wise, you will be lucky to make $10-$12k on top of that salary. It really all depends on the geographic location of the branch they place you in, but the commission figure I gave is assuming you are in a branch that is in a good, high traffic, high income area. The person with the first question/comment on here asks about how the selling is done, and references an e-mail he received stating it is done by pulling people from the drive through and lobby, basically using aggressive tactics. Well, let me tell you, not only do they encourage aggressive and predatory sales tactics, but they force you to practice them. If you are worried about selling financial products to people who do not need them, then this job is not for you at all. That was my primary problem with this job, other than the crap pay. It is funny that there was mention on here earlier of convincing someone to take out a second mortgage to buy a playstation, because that is eerily close to the truth.

This is crap i work for JP MOrgan as a Personal Banker when they offered me the job with no prior experience they gave me 40k. I have made 2k a month in commisions after training which isnt all that good. Jp MOrgan offers great benefits and great training. Sounds like maybe you just werent very good at this job. I also have two friends that have this job both of which netted over 70k. G for the job you will be treated well get paid and it is far from hectic or stressful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ROB in Lavaca, Arkansas

45 months ago

The interview process is crap. I went to an open house in another state and was told by the recruiter that "The managers were AFRAID that my previous aggressive sales experience would not work with this position. They are more customer service oriented." Sounds like from others that this position is sales oriented and the managers are just scared to hire someone qualified. Needless to say that I am very disappointed in the whole process and will have to look for a better company to work for..and will probably be looking for an opportunity to short their stock!

Tom in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

Guys I have a question. I writing my cover letter for PB position at chase, and I'm trying to figure out whom should I address it. Should I address it to specific branch manager I'm applying for or should I address it to HR?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jb in Orlando, Florida

44 months ago

Hello everyone! Ive read plenty of posts, and like others have before me, i want to thank you all for the useful info on the interveiw process, tests, salary, etc but I have a question that has not yet been asked...i think... does anyone work as PB in orlando or maybe know how the market does relatively to the position? I have a fam member who works in NY and is very successful but im aware it has to do with the location you're in so any insight about orlando???
thanks in advance all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LuLopez in New York, New York

43 months ago

Completely depends on where in Orlando...there are some very nice parts of orlando and then there are ghetto areas. lol

It's all very much determined by location. Some branches are much more lucrative than others. If you in a ghetto area you will have to get a LOT of checking accts to make up or a lack of high balances, investments and quality customers. If you're in a ritzy area you'll naturally get better balances and investment opportunities.

PS: Chase is doing away with the "chase checking" and "better banking" accounts next year starting in february. It is going to be more difficult to open accounts in less-wealthy areas due to stricter requirements on the "total checking" accounts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

stanly in new york, New York

42 months ago

I had the worst interview experience in my life. First of all, I have a master's degree and 3 years management experience. However, the managers whom I talked to were all high school grads or they only had associate degrees. So, how could they think that they were good enough to interview me??? Besides, they were really arrogant and rude since I had more knowledge than those useless managers.
Secondly, they all asked me the same questions which were posted here. So, the only thing I had to do was to memorize the answers before the interview.
Chase, please educate your branch managers........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

jobhunting in Owensboro, Kentucky

42 months ago

bwilson444 in Los Angeles, California said: I've heard that Chase tellers in New York have to perform duties before and after they close their windows and don't get paid for the work!

I don't work for Chase (waiting to hear back on from the interview) but I highly doubt that. That violates labor laws so the employees can sue if thats true.

jobhunting in Owensboro, Kentucky

42 months ago

Oh and just to add my two cents I was asked...

*What makes you a good salesperson?
*Think of a time you had an upset customer and how did you handle it?
*Think of a time you did something the "short" way but it wasn't the "right" way and how did it turn out?

...and did some role playing. I had also read on here that if you didn't pass the series 6 test you were fired so I asked about that. They said that wasn't true anymore, that they have unlicensed bankers. She said you're less likely to move up though because you won't be a top performer. She didn't mention anything about having to pay it back if you didn't stay a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fourbeardens in Elizabethtown, Kentucky

42 months ago

Ajay Jain in Garland, Texas said: Very elegantly put WCS in Appleton, WI.
The problem with JD is that he still would not go away. My post did touch a "raw nerve" of JD for sure.

This Jd guy clearly didn't like Chase because of his poor attitude. It seems most likely that he doesn't know much about communicating with people. EVERY sales job is high pressure and intense and if you can't talk to people and EARN their trust and respect they won't buy anything from you. I have worked at Chase before and did wonderful. My brother was the #1 PB in AZ for 3 years in a row. He NEVER had one complaint about his practices. His clients LOVED him. It is just not possible that this JD guy is good at sales. You can't be that horrible at something and that angry about it and not have it show in your daily attitude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

lvelazq1 in Schaumburg, Illinois said: How did you get the interview? I have applied for over 65 personal banker openings and can't get an interview. Are you Bilingual Royalflush84 I think the recruiters are biased towards bilinguals even if they don't have sales experience? I seen some jobs posted one day that say nothing about being bilingual, then about two days later the same job is updated to day Bilingual Spanish Required or Bilingual Russian Required. I thought Chase was suppose to be an equal opportunity employer.

I was a DM for 6 years and I think if you have applied for over 65 PB jobs then you probably need to find a new career and stop wasting your time. The Assessment tests are not difficult and come down to commonsense and BASIC math. Of course in a Latino community bilingual is a plus but in the hiring process & interviews we look for communication & verbal skills, appearance, and of course sales. In your testing we want to be sure you can put general applications of math to your clients best use. But you can be the best sales person in the world and not be qualified for a personal banking job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

stanly in new york, New York said: I had the worst interview experience in my life. First of all, I have a master's degree and 3 years management experience. However, the managers whom I talked to were all high school grads or they only had associate degrees. So, how could they think that they were good enough to interview me??? Besides, they were really arrogant and rude since I had more knowledge than those useless managers.
Secondly, they all asked me the same questions which were posted here. So, the only thing I had to do was to memorize the answers before the interview.
Chase, please educate your branch managers........

Sounds to me like you are the arrogant and rude one! Those managers might not have the degree you do but they are certainly qualified to interview you since they have the job and you DO NOT! Maybe the reason you weren't hired was your attitude problem. If I was interviewing you I certainly would not want to hire someone with an egotistical attitude when I probably would have better choices of people who might not have the degree, but have a good attitude and hard working spirit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

stanly in new york, New York

41 months ago

fourbeardens in Elizabethtown, Kentucky said: Sounds to me like you are the arrogant and rude one! Those managers might not have the degree you do but they are certainly qualified to interview you since they have the job and you DO NOT! Maybe the reason you weren't hired was your attitude problem. If I was interviewing you I certainly would not want to hire someone with an egotistical attitude when I probably would have better choices of people who might not have the degree, but have a good attitude and hard working spirit.

lol.....who told you that I wasn't hired???? I would never work for those uneducated arrogant managers who think that opening a checking account is a big deal....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (50) Reply - Report abuse

abcd in Van Nuys, California

40 months ago

i applied for the job at chase so many time but they never respond i dont know why ? what is their problem ?, i never got any call or any email not even a rejection letter ,if they dont need any employee than why do they post jobs or positions . i have applied like hundred times :/ i am tired :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lucy in Cary, Illinois

40 months ago

Hey, how many math test did you take? because I already took one on line and they call me already. Will I have to take an other one??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hopskipandajump in Ohio

39 months ago

luv2run in Littleton, Colorado said: I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the bank. No I am not a liar or a cheater, just a very hard worker. To anyone who is thinking about working at Chase. Remember, it is a sales position and lots of people think that sales is for them, it is not for everyone. I feel bad that you had such a bad experience, did you talk to HR? Did you try to do anything about it? I flew on a major airline recently and had an awful experience, no air conditioning and an extremely rude flight crew. It was a bad deal for everyone. I am not assuming that this is how the airline operates, one bad apple does not spoil the bunch. I have flown with them before and have since that awful flight. They are a good solid airline, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

If you decide to work for the bank, it seems like there are many ex upset employees on this site. Misery loves company, remember that!

Chase just acquired WAMU, a huge failure with the banking world. Chase is not going anywhere, they won't need a bailout!

Hey, I was just curious if you would give me your email. I am a PB at chase, and am always trying to get tips from others who are excelling....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hopskipandajump in Ohio

39 months ago

fourbeardens in Elizabethtown, Kentucky said: I was a DM for 6 years and I think if you have applied for over 65 PB jobs then you probably need to find a new career and stop wasting your time. The Assessment tests are not difficult and come down to commonsense and BASIC math. Of course in a Latino community bilingual is a plus but in the hiring process & interviews we look for communication & verbal skills, appearance, and of course sales. In your testing we want to be sure you can put general applications of math to your clients best use. But you can be the best sales person in the world and not be qualified for a personal banking job.

fourbeardens: Just curious, but what did you start out with at Chase, and what roles were you in before you became DM?

Any advice for someone who is a newer PB and would like to be sucessful at Chase?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jzp5057 in Malvern, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

Hey,

My first interview for the personal banker position in central New Jersey was with the district manager. I am scheduled to have my second interview with a branch manager next week. I was wondering if any one could inform me about what to expect.

My first interview consisted of 3 different role plays, gave some background information, and the rest was him explaining about the job.

I currently hold my Life, Health, Series 7, & Series 66 licenses.

Any information that will help me excel in this interview and get me the job would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

jp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

to be or not to be in Valencia, California

38 months ago

Hey man the same thing just happened to me! I am upset that the denial was immediate! I felt that I did well. I really don't see the relevance of some of those questions. I'll never be approached by a client saying I need to deposit 10% of my gross income a month, while keeping my debt to income at x% and blah blah blah...I really need something better but it's getting harder and harder. Good luck!

CCXX in Pasadena, California

37 months ago

I got a call to schedule a personal banker assessment test friday. However, the recruiter did not tell me which position need me to take the test..... I did not find any link on the website.......Can anyone tell me how and where to start my assessment test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

waiting in Evansville, Indiana

33 months ago

I first interviewed on august 30th for a PB position. The interview was with the branch manager and the assistant branch manager. I thought that it went great as we were able to converse afterwards and carry on solid conversation about my previous work experience, etc. (I am a recent graduate with 3 bachelors degrees and a strong sales background) After the interview the branch manager informed me that I would be getting a call in 1-2 weeks from HR if I didn't get the job or a regional recruiter if I made it to the next step. After 3 weeks of patiently waiting I went back into the branch and was told by the assistant branch manager that the branch manager must have forgot about me. Great! but she did inform me that she would call me to give me more information. I received a call from her and she scheduled a second interview with another locations branch manager the next week. Once again I went into the interview and felt I did very well again, with the branch manager telling me about training, pay, dress code, etc. and that I should be receiving a call in a week. 2 weeks later here I am, no call, no information, nothing. So I call the bank and the branch manager didn't remember me, and told me that HR must have tried communicating with me through other means (email, snail mail) and that she would request that they send it again. Any advice from current or past chase employees? Am I waiting hopelessly for something that will not come?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Realist in shelbyville, Kentucky

32 months ago

waiting in Evansville, Indiana said: I first interviewed on august 30th for a PB position. The interview was with the branch manager and the assistant branch manager. I thought that it went great as we were able to converse afterwards and carry on solid conversation about my previous work experience, etc. (I am a recent graduate with 3 bachelors degrees and a strong sales background) After the interview the branch manager informed me that I would be getting a call in 1-2 weeks from HR if I didn't get the job or a regional recruiter if I made it to the next step. After 3 weeks of patiently waiting I went back into the branch and was told by the assistant branch manager that the branch manager must have forgot about me. Great! but she did inform me that she would call me to give me more information. I received a call from her and she scheduled a second interview with another locations branch manager the next week. Once again I went into the interview and felt I did very well again, with the branch manager telling me about training, pay, dress code, etc. and that I should be receiving a call in a week. 2 weeks later here I am, no call, no information, nothing. So I call the bank and the branch manager didn't remember me, and told me that HR must have tried communicating with me through other means (email, snail mail) and that she would request that they send it again. Any advice from current or past chase employees? Am I waiting hopelessly for something that will not come?

Chase does nothing in hurry that so I would tell you to keep trying. I interviewed countless times before I was hired and here I am a year later still pushing $12 service fee accounts and online bill pay to people who struggle to come up with the $25 opening deposit. The benefits are great and I actually am fortunate enough to work with some really good people.Just keep trying and let me know what I can do to help.

DXNJ in Lake Hiawatha, New Jersey

25 months ago

can someone please give me an idea of what the work schedule/hours are like? I remember reading something about have to stay until 8pm on Tuesdays to cold call people? Does anyone enjoy being a personal banker for Chase?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

NYC gal in New York, New York

24 months ago

Being a PB for Chase should be a last resort if you are desperate. The pay and culture are horrible, and you have to work Saturdays as well as stay until at least 8:00pm one night a week (usually Tues or Wed) for "call night", where you prey on people whose info is in the Chase system and cold call them during dinner to ask them to bring all of their assets over to Chase for no good reason. After having worked there and knowing what I know, I would never have any account of any kind there. Shady shady shady!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Je1011

23 months ago

I just had my pre-screen with a recruiter to be a personal banker in Ventura, Ca. Does anyone have a ballpark of what a personal would make annually? How much of the "hardcore/sales pressure" is there? I work for Verizon Wireless and it is nothing but micro managing sales, especially for myself since I am a Manager.

marissa in Phoenix, Arizona

18 months ago

stanly in new york, New York said: lol.....who told you that I wasn't hired???? I would never work for those uneducated arrogant managers who think that opening a checking account is a big deal....

Just wondering, then why did you apply for the job in the first place? I work for American Express currently, and it is the people like you that I hear from on a constant basis that think you have the answers to everything and yet the ones calling in all the time because you can't get the answer yourself. The fact that you applied for a job that requires you to do the work you mock shows what your intelligence level truly is. Masters Degree means nothing; all it means is you were able to pass tests and write papers congratulations.

poohbear1 in Prescott Valley, Arizona

13 months ago

Please help, I took the first assessment and passed it and they sent me an email to take a second one. I went to take it and they said based on my first score I did not need to take it. Which makes it sound like I did well. I recived a call from HR on Friday and he said that they would be calling me to schedual an interview in a week or two. I am very concerned about the pay ( he said 28-32K and a little more depending on experience) and the incentives. I am thinking about telling them that I need 35K but I dont want to loose the opportunity. I would be working in Prescott Valley as a Relationship banker and really need to know what type of incentive I would be making on average. I am a single parent and really need to make sure that I can support my family before accepting the position, if it is offered to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sunsational in Duluth, Georgia

7 months ago

poohbear1 in Prescott Valley, Arizona said: Please help, I took the first assessment and passed it and they sent me an email to take a second one. I went to take it and they said based on my first score I did not need to take it. Which makes it sound like I did well. I recived a call from HR on Friday and he said that they would be calling me to schedual an interview in a week or two. I am very concerned about the pay ( he said 28-32K and a little more depending on experience) and the incentives. I am thinking about telling them that I need 35K but I dont want to loose the opportunity. I would be working in Prescott Valley as a Relationship banker and really need to know what type of incentive I would be making on average. I am a single parent and really need to make sure that I can support my family before accepting the position, if it is offered to me.

max is 32k ive never heard of them going higher for PB

CuriousKat in Tyler, Texas

2 days ago

countdown66 in South Bend, Indiana said: I had everything completed in one week. Monday was a phone interview, Wednesday interview with the District and branch managers, Saturday interview with the marketing manager. Your background check consists of finger prints sent to the FBI, drug test and a credit check. All this is done AFTER they offer you the job. Have you taken the assessment yet?

I have passed the Relationship Banker assessment, had interviews with three Different Branch Manger at three separate location. Then I had an interview that took about an hour, with the District Manager. Everything seemed great but then the conversation turned to the Dodd-Frank Act. The District Manager asked in a round about way about my personal credit rating.

Since I was laid off (through no fault on my own) I was unemployed, unmarketable, stuck in a down turned economy and stagnant job market I have been unemployed/underemployed for 6 years. My family struggled but then I found a job that helps but I'm still considered underemployed so this means my credit is "not good". No Bankruptcy; I don't owe the IRS or anything that serious. I have a clean criminal background and have a solid verifiable Financial Industry Successful career and education; well above the job requirements.

My question is: Does anyone know if my "bad credit" will be a "deal breaker" or will/can the Recruiter consider my hardship/situation as a whole, when determining if they will make an offer of employment?

CuriousKat in Tyler, Texas

2 days ago

sunsational in Duluth, Georgia said: max is 32k ive never heard of them going higher for PB

I was also informed that the Relationship Banker Base is $32k. Sounds pretty consistent with other posts I've read so far!

Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.