Personal banker position?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (701 to 719 of 719)
Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15   

hopskipandajump in Ohio

49 months ago

luv2run in Littleton, Colorado said: I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the bank. No I am not a liar or a cheater, just a very hard worker. To anyone who is thinking about working at Chase. Remember, it is a sales position and lots of people think that sales is for them, it is not for everyone. I feel bad that you had such a bad experience, did you talk to HR? Did you try to do anything about it? I flew on a major airline recently and had an awful experience, no air conditioning and an extremely rude flight crew. It was a bad deal for everyone. I am not assuming that this is how the airline operates, one bad apple does not spoil the bunch. I have flown with them before and have since that awful flight. They are a good solid airline, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

If you decide to work for the bank, it seems like there are many ex upset employees on this site. Misery loves company, remember that!

Chase just acquired WAMU, a huge failure with the banking world. Chase is not going anywhere, they won't need a bailout!

Hey, I was just curious if you would give me your email. I am a PB at chase, and am always trying to get tips from others who are excelling....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hopskipandajump in Ohio

49 months ago

fourbeardens in Elizabethtown, Kentucky said: I was a DM for 6 years and I think if you have applied for over 65 PB jobs then you probably need to find a new career and stop wasting your time. The Assessment tests are not difficult and come down to commonsense and BASIC math. Of course in a Latino community bilingual is a plus but in the hiring process & interviews we look for communication & verbal skills, appearance, and of course sales. In your testing we want to be sure you can put general applications of math to your clients best use. But you can be the best sales person in the world and not be qualified for a personal banking job.

fourbeardens: Just curious, but what did you start out with at Chase, and what roles were you in before you became DM?

Any advice for someone who is a newer PB and would like to be sucessful at Chase?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jzp5057 in Malvern, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

Hey,

My first interview for the personal banker position in central New Jersey was with the district manager. I am scheduled to have my second interview with a branch manager next week. I was wondering if any one could inform me about what to expect.

My first interview consisted of 3 different role plays, gave some background information, and the rest was him explaining about the job.

I currently hold my Life, Health, Series 7, & Series 66 licenses.

Any information that will help me excel in this interview and get me the job would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

jp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

to be or not to be in Valencia, California

47 months ago

Hey man the same thing just happened to me! I am upset that the denial was immediate! I felt that I did well. I really don't see the relevance of some of those questions. I'll never be approached by a client saying I need to deposit 10% of my gross income a month, while keeping my debt to income at x% and blah blah blah...I really need something better but it's getting harder and harder. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CCXX in Pasadena, California

47 months ago

I got a call to schedule a personal banker assessment test friday. However, the recruiter did not tell me which position need me to take the test..... I did not find any link on the website.......Can anyone tell me how and where to start my assessment test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

waiting in Evansville, Indiana

43 months ago

I first interviewed on august 30th for a PB position. The interview was with the branch manager and the assistant branch manager. I thought that it went great as we were able to converse afterwards and carry on solid conversation about my previous work experience, etc. (I am a recent graduate with 3 bachelors degrees and a strong sales background) After the interview the branch manager informed me that I would be getting a call in 1-2 weeks from HR if I didn't get the job or a regional recruiter if I made it to the next step. After 3 weeks of patiently waiting I went back into the branch and was told by the assistant branch manager that the branch manager must have forgot about me. Great! but she did inform me that she would call me to give me more information. I received a call from her and she scheduled a second interview with another locations branch manager the next week. Once again I went into the interview and felt I did very well again, with the branch manager telling me about training, pay, dress code, etc. and that I should be receiving a call in a week. 2 weeks later here I am, no call, no information, nothing. So I call the bank and the branch manager didn't remember me, and told me that HR must have tried communicating with me through other means (email, snail mail) and that she would request that they send it again. Any advice from current or past chase employees? Am I waiting hopelessly for something that will not come?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Realist in shelbyville, Kentucky

41 months ago

waiting in Evansville, Indiana said: I first interviewed on august 30th for a PB position. The interview was with the branch manager and the assistant branch manager. I thought that it went great as we were able to converse afterwards and carry on solid conversation about my previous work experience, etc. (I am a recent graduate with 3 bachelors degrees and a strong sales background) After the interview the branch manager informed me that I would be getting a call in 1-2 weeks from HR if I didn't get the job or a regional recruiter if I made it to the next step. After 3 weeks of patiently waiting I went back into the branch and was told by the assistant branch manager that the branch manager must have forgot about me. Great! but she did inform me that she would call me to give me more information. I received a call from her and she scheduled a second interview with another locations branch manager the next week. Once again I went into the interview and felt I did very well again, with the branch manager telling me about training, pay, dress code, etc. and that I should be receiving a call in a week. 2 weeks later here I am, no call, no information, nothing. So I call the bank and the branch manager didn't remember me, and told me that HR must have tried communicating with me through other means (email, snail mail) and that she would request that they send it again. Any advice from current or past chase employees? Am I waiting hopelessly for something that will not come?

Chase does nothing in hurry that so I would tell you to keep trying. I interviewed countless times before I was hired and here I am a year later still pushing $12 service fee accounts and online bill pay to people who struggle to come up with the $25 opening deposit. The benefits are great and I actually am fortunate enough to work with some really good people.Just keep trying and let me know what I can do to help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DXNJ in Lake Hiawatha, New Jersey

35 months ago

can someone please give me an idea of what the work schedule/hours are like? I remember reading something about have to stay until 8pm on Tuesdays to cold call people? Does anyone enjoy being a personal banker for Chase?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

NYC gal in New York, New York

34 months ago

Being a PB for Chase should be a last resort if you are desperate. The pay and culture are horrible, and you have to work Saturdays as well as stay until at least 8:00pm one night a week (usually Tues or Wed) for "call night", where you prey on people whose info is in the Chase system and cold call them during dinner to ask them to bring all of their assets over to Chase for no good reason. After having worked there and knowing what I know, I would never have any account of any kind there. Shady shady shady!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Je1011

33 months ago

I just had my pre-screen with a recruiter to be a personal banker in Ventura, Ca. Does anyone have a ballpark of what a personal would make annually? How much of the "hardcore/sales pressure" is there? I work for Verizon Wireless and it is nothing but micro managing sales, especially for myself since I am a Manager.

marissa in Phoenix, Arizona

27 months ago

stanly in new york, New York said: lol.....who told you that I wasn't hired???? I would never work for those uneducated arrogant managers who think that opening a checking account is a big deal....

Just wondering, then why did you apply for the job in the first place? I work for American Express currently, and it is the people like you that I hear from on a constant basis that think you have the answers to everything and yet the ones calling in all the time because you can't get the answer yourself. The fact that you applied for a job that requires you to do the work you mock shows what your intelligence level truly is. Masters Degree means nothing; all it means is you were able to pass tests and write papers congratulations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

poohbear1 in Prescott Valley, Arizona

23 months ago

Please help, I took the first assessment and passed it and they sent me an email to take a second one. I went to take it and they said based on my first score I did not need to take it. Which makes it sound like I did well. I recived a call from HR on Friday and he said that they would be calling me to schedual an interview in a week or two. I am very concerned about the pay ( he said 28-32K and a little more depending on experience) and the incentives. I am thinking about telling them that I need 35K but I dont want to loose the opportunity. I would be working in Prescott Valley as a Relationship banker and really need to know what type of incentive I would be making on average. I am a single parent and really need to make sure that I can support my family before accepting the position, if it is offered to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sunsational in Duluth, Georgia

16 months ago

poohbear1 in Prescott Valley, Arizona said: Please help, I took the first assessment and passed it and they sent me an email to take a second one. I went to take it and they said based on my first score I did not need to take it. Which makes it sound like I did well. I recived a call from HR on Friday and he said that they would be calling me to schedual an interview in a week or two. I am very concerned about the pay ( he said 28-32K and a little more depending on experience) and the incentives. I am thinking about telling them that I need 35K but I dont want to loose the opportunity. I would be working in Prescott Valley as a Relationship banker and really need to know what type of incentive I would be making on average. I am a single parent and really need to make sure that I can support my family before accepting the position, if it is offered to me.

max is 32k ive never heard of them going higher for PB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

CuriousKat in Tyler, Texas

9 months ago

countdown66 in South Bend, Indiana said: I had everything completed in one week. Monday was a phone interview, Wednesday interview with the District and branch managers, Saturday interview with the marketing manager. Your background check consists of finger prints sent to the FBI, drug test and a credit check. All this is done AFTER they offer you the job. Have you taken the assessment yet?

I have passed the Relationship Banker assessment, had interviews with three Different Branch Manger at three separate location. Then I had an interview that took about an hour, with the District Manager. Everything seemed great but then the conversation turned to the Dodd-Frank Act. The District Manager asked in a round about way about my personal credit rating.

Since I was laid off (through no fault on my own) I was unemployed, unmarketable, stuck in a down turned economy and stagnant job market I have been unemployed/underemployed for 6 years. My family struggled but then I found a job that helps but I'm still considered underemployed so this means my credit is "not good". No Bankruptcy; I don't owe the IRS or anything that serious. I have a clean criminal background and have a solid verifiable Financial Industry Successful career and education; well above the job requirements.

My question is: Does anyone know if my "bad credit" will be a "deal breaker" or will/can the Recruiter consider my hardship/situation as a whole, when determining if they will make an offer of employment?

CuriousKat in Tyler, Texas

9 months ago

sunsational in Duluth, Georgia said: max is 32k ive never heard of them going higher for PB

I was also informed that the Relationship Banker Base is $32k. Sounds pretty consistent with other posts I've read so far!

ShayVilla22 in Aubrey, Texas

11 days ago

About a month ago, I initially applied for the Relationship Banker position at the Little Elm, TX location. I took the assessment online and approximately two weeks later, I received a phone call from the Branch Manager to do an interview with him. The interview went really well later that Thursday afternoon and he told me he wanted me to stay longer to speak with the Financial Advisor. Unfortunately, the Financial Advisor was not available due to personal reasons so the Branch Manager told me to contact him by Monday that following week to set up the interview. I called Monday and was told the Financial Advisor had an issue with something and I would be notified once the manager received an email response from the Advisor as to when we would be able to do the interview. So that Friday (March 30th), I called after not hearing anything at all, and the manager told me because I don't have the experience with managing customer portfolios, I was not selected for that positon, but he sent my information to a different recruiter for the Personal Banker position as I do have the traits for that job. Now, I am still waiting and checking my application status like crazy which still says "Under Consideration" but still have not heard of any response. Anybody experience anything like this? How long does it take to hear back for the interview with the District Manager? Thanks!

Stare into the abyss and the abyss stare

11 days ago

ShayVilla22 in Aubrey, Texas said: About a month ago, I initially applied for the Relationship Banker position at the Little Elm, TX location. I took the assessment online and approximately two weeks later, I received a phone call from the Branch Manager to do an interview with him. The interview went really well later that Thursday afternoon and he told me he wanted me to stay longer to speak with the Financial Advisor. Unfortunately, the Financial Advisor was not available due to personal reasons so the Branch Manager told me to contact him by Monday that following week to set up the interview. I called Monday and was told the Financial Advisor had an issue with something and I would be notified once the manager received an email response from the Advisor as to when we would be able to do the interview. So that Friday (March 30th), I called after not hearing anything at all, and the manager told me because I don't have the experience with managing customer portfolios, I was not selected for that positon, but he sent my information to a different recruiter for the Personal Banker position as I do have the traits for that job. Now, I am still waiting and checking my application status like crazy which still says "Under Consideration" but still have not heard of any response. Anybody experience anything like this? How long does it take to hear back for the interview with the District Manager? Thanks!

It can take some time but it does not have to. I went through the process in 2004. It took me about 2 weeks. We are not, however, in the same job market as what I experience in 2004. If this is the job you want, I would continue to check but keep looking for another job. If the branch manager sees potential in you apply for the same postion at other banks.

Shayvilla22 in Denton, Texas

11 days ago

Yeah, the market has definitely changed since then. I have applied to other branches in the DFW area, but those branches shot me down instantly. I am keeping my fingers crossed for this one. I have also applied to the part time teller positions because with my experience in the financial industry, I know I can move up pretty quickly and I have been receiving much faster feedback on those positions. So I would just need to wait and see.

Shayvilla22 in Denton, Texas

5 days ago

So here's an update: I checked my status online and it updated as of April 14th, but still says active and Under consideration. I still haven't received any correspondence from staffing in regards to this position just yet. Are there any Chase managers on here that could tell me what to expect as far as timeframes are concerned? I have waited over a month just to hear if I could go on to be interviewed with the District Manager. The branch manager who interviewed did tell me it can take a long time, and still am waiting for however long it takes.

Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.