Personal banker position?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 737)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

KM in Gibsonton, Florida

88 months ago

Countdown 66 looks like you are living in a dream.
As an EX-JPMC employee, I wish you luck.
But please if they hire you, let us know how are you doing after a couple of months, because once you get in things will not look as good as you think and the honeymoon will be over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FE in Dublin, Ohio

88 months ago

Deanne wrote:
Thank you all for your help in my preparing for the interview. I am going for it on Tuesday and I am sooo excited. I want the Job with Chase. Some people have had bad experiences, but I'm one of those people who create my own destiny, and know that no matter where you work you are going to face challenges. Haven't we all learned from highschool years and years ago that not everyone is going to like you or get a long with you. It really doesn't matter it's all about being professional and getting the job done and knowing how to work with people. You don't have to be friends after work. Do your job go home, pay your bills and enjoy your life. Work is business never personal. I'll keep you all posted on the outcome of my interview. Good luck to everyone else who is interviewing...

I hope your interview went well and you got the job. Just what JPMC needs, more self absorbed, blind, flighty people to work for them. You will do well. JPMC needs people like you who turn a blind eye to what goes on in a company. Maybe you are just too blind to what is said on this board or you need the job either way you will fit in very well until they turn on you and eat their young. I am sooooooo happy that you will work there and not anywhere else so when your sorry carcass is thrown out with the other garbage do not say you were not warned.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

danne in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

That was intelligent and well worth the time it took you to type the message. Bravo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Schaumburg, Illinois

88 months ago

I worked for Chase June 2005 until March 2007. I think it is a great place as a steping ladder to your career. I was right out of college and gained my 3 licences and great experience my time their. The key to being successful is being in a afluent area!!! I worked in a suburb in Bergen County with 25 other banks in our town. I averaged 1200 a month in commision my highest payout being 5000 and lowest being 350. If you like sales and are half way decent with it their is no way you shouldnt be making 1200 commision if your in the tri-state area. Outside the tri-state I could imagine it being more difficult because everything is on a smaller scale. The pay range is tristate is between 35-42k and from what I hear you can get up to 49999 if you have licenses and experience. I know alot about the company and the way they waork so if you have any questions regarding a PB job let me know!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

blue in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

I took the test this morning and passed. It was hard and took a long time for me to take, but I did well. It seriously took me like an hour and a half to take it because I really analyzed each question and the answers. Like everyone has said, there was a math section which was 10 questions and there was also an extensive section of personality and opinion questions.

If you take the test, spend as long as you need on each question. Use the extra paper they give you to work out the math problems and really use analytical thinking.

I'm supposed to meet with the branch manager and the division manager this week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

blue in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

danne said: I met with the recruiter the branch manager and was supposed to meet with the district manager, but I had a prior commitment that I had set. I couldn't meet with him. My interviews were on Tuesday and her it is now Friday and I haven't heard from anyone in regards to the next time that I can meet with the district manager do you think I have reason to be concerned? I was in interviews all day with chase from 9am to almost 3pm and it seemed to go very well. I am a bit concerned because I am wondering if I should have cancelled what I had already schedules to meet the district manager. I heard that not many people are able to pass the test so I am hoping that they don't just cast me a side because I couldn't meet with him that day at that time. What do you think?

Hi Danne,

I bet you took the assessment tests at the same place I did. I took my tests and met with the recruiter. Everything went well but I was unable to meet with the Branch Manager and District Manager today. I really hope that by not doing so it won't hurt my chances. I guess if I don't hear anything in a day or so I will give the recruiter a call. What did you decide to do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MP02 in Hanover Park, Illinois

88 months ago

I had my interview with the branch manager this past Thursday. I also met the investment banker and another senior personal banker. Everything went well. The interview was suppose to be an hour, but it extended out to over 2 hours. I guess that is a good thing because I'm sure they wouldn't spend that much time with me if they were not interested. There was role playing involved to evaluate your sales skills. The branch manager followed an outline interview script, which he told me it was required. Everything went well. He said I should hear something within a week or so. I'll keep you guys posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

daggs23 in Schaumburg, Illinois

88 months ago

jd, i couldn't agree more with the comments that you are making on this message board. i've been a pb with the bank for 4 months now and every word that you said from your post about 15 days ago is absolutely true. "work the lobby" is the biggest piece of sh!it i've ever seen. what job are you at now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

daggs23 in Schaumburg, Illinois

88 months ago

the comment from 19 days ago

danne in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

I didn't meet with the district manager because I just couldn't I had been interviewing from 9am-almost 3pm, and I was tired and hungry. I met the recruiter, manager,sales manager, and they wanted me to meet with the district, but I was losing my fire. I did get a call from the recruiter though and she wants to schedule the interview with the district manager asap. I would like to know why daggs23 is not happy after only 4 months?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

danne in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

I was wondering if someone could tell me what they like about the company and position. I am currently a mortgage loan officer and I specialize in sub prime and at this time the market is nasty I am looking for something else. is there anyone else who has worked as a pb after doing loans? What do you think about it? Do you like it better?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in New York, New York

88 months ago

MP02 said: I don't mean to sound offensive, but isn't that what a sales position entails? It's suppose to be challenging and it's suppose to be hard. If you have a difficult time trying to make it work then you might be in the wrong field. I understand people will have their cons about a company, but you're going to have them anywhere you go. You make the most of the opportunity and if it's not something you like then take the experience and move on elsewhere. You'll have a good reference/experience under your belt.

I second that!!!! Trust me financial sales is one of the most difficult feilds you can get into, but with high risk, comes high reward. The easiest (But still difficult) place to do financial sales is in a bank!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

blue in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

Well I didn't get the PB job. I thought my interview went well, but I guess I was wrong.

JD, what sort of sales do you work in currently? It seems that you like it a lot better. Is there an email option on here so I can ask you some questions? I might want to get into the same sort of sales you are in. I have a 4 year degree and am one class away from completing my MBA, so I know I am worth more than $32k. For one thing, I have to pay back all my student loans!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

danne in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

JD Do you feel good about yourself? Cause in the end as long as you can live with yourself that's all that matters.... All anyone can do for someone like you is pray. Cause you obvioulsy have a hard life... Too much anger in you. I wish you were happier about life than you are... Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll have something clever to say next, I won't respond though because I don't argue with ignorant strangers on the computer, I'm too grown for that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

danne in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

Blue I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, I wish you well in the rest of your hunt, I know all too well about those never ending student loans. You didn't get this job because there is something better for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

blue in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

danne said: Blue I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, I wish you well in the rest of your hunt, I know all too well about those never ending student loans. You didn't get this job because there is something better for you.

Thanks Danne, I hope so. I have been getting pretty frustrated with my job search. Did you get the job?

danne in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

I have an interview witht he district manager next week. How many interviews did you have before you got word that you were not selected? Did they give you a reason? Where have you worked previously? Where are you looking next?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Naperville, Illinois

88 months ago

MP02in Bloomingdale, Illinois said: I applied for the PB position on Chase's website. The recruiter called me in 2 days and I went through the phone interview. After that she told me that she would like me to come in to take a test and to meet with the senior recruiter for an interview. I went in, took the test, and passed. It took me about 35-40 minutes total. The first 10 questions deal with mostly patterns, critical thinking, and word/order recognition. One question for example had the following percentages that indicate accuracy on reports:

97, 98, 96, 96, 97, 98, 96, 96

If you had to order the next reports and you needed exactly 195. How many reports should you order?

a) 201
b) 189
d) 195
e) 203

The answer would be A) - If you look at the pattern you'll see what percentage would be next which is 97. If you take 195 and divide it by 97% you'll get 201. The numbers are rounded so you may have some decimals, but I'm just giving you an idea of what the first 10 questions are like.

After the test I had an interview w/ the senior recruiter which couldn't have went any better then it did. I then received a call 2 days later and now have my 3rd interview with the Branch Manager. Everything has gone smoothly so far and we'll see what happens w/ the 3rd interview.

I have some friends and family members that work for Chase. I've heard nothing but great things. Of course with any company, you'll have your pros and cons, but it really comes down to what you make of the situation and the opportunity. Everyone will have different experiences, so you just have to go through it yourself and see it first hand if you and the company are a good fit or not. So that's exactly what I'm doing. Just wanted to provid my input.

Ok so maybe im doing something wrong here but when i keep putting that equation into my calculator im getting 189.15 which would obviously round to 189 soooo would that mean the answer is B and not A???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Valley Ranch MBA in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

Hey folks! JD... you are a crude individual!

Blue, Danne...

I interviewed for a Personal Banker position this week after passing the test on Tuesday. Although I do not this is the absolute best job in the world, I do believe that it is an excellent place to start in a very large corporation that would lead to a solid career progression with ample opportunities. I too have an MBA, and could easily take a higher paying job, but I think Chase is a great long-term opportunity.

I haven't heard back from the recruiter yet... how long did it take for you huys to hear if there was a job offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

blue in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

Valley Ranch MBA, after I met with the recruiter on Monday, I heard back from her on Tuesday to set up the manager interview. Here is how the process went for me:
I met with the recruiter and took my test on Monday. I then met with both the branch manager and the district manager together in an interview yesterday. It was a little intimidating because it was both of them interviewing me at the same time. I contacted my recruiter almost immediately after my interview and she had already talked to them. They had already told her that they didn't want me. I was pretty disappointed.

Danne, I guess they didn't feel I would be aggressive enough, but I don't know how they would know that if I haven't even shown them how I am as a salesperson first. I felt like the interview went pretty well and that I answered their questions efficiently. I have another interview for a sales job on Tuesday and I am going to check out other banks, so its okay. I know that different areas of Chase in Dallas are in different markets, so I might try to get a PB job in another part of Dallas.

danne in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

The way that it worked for me is I took the test and passed thank goodness, I then met with the recruiter, and then with the branch manager and his sales manager, they wanted me to meet with the district manager the same day and I had to decline the invitation at the time because it was late in the afternoon at that point and I started the process at 8 am and I was tired and hungry. I have heard back from the recruiter and they are wanting to schedule the interview with the District manager at this time which I am hoping I can have on monday or tuesday at the latest. Does anyone know after you get the offer how soon they send you to have your credit check and FBI check, and drug test? and then after that how soon is the start date?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

danne in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

Blue...I have a friend that I worked with at Wells Fargo. He works for the bank there now as a personal banker and he likes it alot. I just spoke with him yesterday, but he is in the san antonio branch. That may be something you want to look into since Chase wasn't as welcoming to you. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diane in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

I applied for the PB position and accepted the job offer. I am now unsure of it, as I am currently making $60k+ and do not want to take a decrease in pay. I was told by the branch manager that I would easily make $60k, but it appears that 12K commission is average. If you are a current PB or know one, would you suggest I stay where I am at as far as the income goes? The base they offered is $32k. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

danne in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

Diane what do you do for a living currently? That will help me to help you in your decisioning process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diane in Southfield, Michigan

88 months ago

I currently work at a mortgage company, I am inside sales, training to be an Underwriter by next year. I gave notice once I had the PB position. Now they are trying to counter as they do not want me to leave. I was sure that the PM position would be more profitable and a more positive enviroment but now I am second guessing myself. I'll be giving up a lot by leaving my current job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

countdown66 in South Bend, Indiana

88 months ago

Diane,

I would see if you could take a day and spend it at the brach where you would be working. There is quite a bit of money to be made, by being a person banker. The more traffic you have the more profitable you will be.

danne in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

I currently work as a loan officer too and I made quite a bit of money, but honestly the market has become very unstable and I think that it is smart to take the position because you always have the ability to make commissions. I think it all depends on the branch that you work at. I am going for it. I know that I will take a loss the first year, while I learn the products and procedures, but the peace of mind is worth it. I know people who are personal bankers after doing mortgages and they love it, especially if you specialize in sub prime. that market is trully changing..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

blue in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

danne in Dallas, Texas said: Blue...I have a friend that I worked with at Wells Fargo. He works for the bank there now as a personal banker and he likes it alot. I just spoke with him yesterday, but he is in the san antonio branch. That may be something you want to look into since Chase wasn't as welcoming to you. Good luck

Thanks! I was actually able to get an interview with another Chase branch manager in another market. She was so nice and I really liked her. I hope she liked me too. I am waiting to hear back from the recruiter on if and when I will meet with the district manager. How long did it take for the recruiter to get back to you after your interviews with the branch and sales managers?

Also, does anyone know if the training for 7 weeks is paid or not?

bears85 in South Bend, Indiana

88 months ago

you get paid for the training and I think there is a $1000 bonus that you get after you pass your series 6 & 63 exams.

blue in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

bears85 in South Bend, Indiana said: you get paid for the training and I think there is a $1000 bonus that you get after you pass your series 6 & 63 exams.

That's good. Thanks!

Ajay Jain in Garland, Texas

88 months ago

I think sub prime is the villian out here. Its turning the industry upside down on its head. The problems of sub prime due a flood of foreclosures may affect the WHOLE mortgage industry or better yet burst the housing bubble!

danne in Western Springs, Illinois

88 months ago

Ajay you are correct, but I would go even further and say that it and say that the problem started with the crazy margins that the banks issued and the individual loan officers who did not educate their customers on the loan and how it works and what they need to do. also loan officers qualifying customers to buy more house than they can afford.

danne in Bellwood, Illinois

88 months ago

I met with the district manager today and I think it went well I should have word on the job in a few days I will keep you all posted.

blue in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

Hi Danne,

I have not heard back from my recruiter yet. How long after meeting with the branch manager did the recruiter get back to you to set up an interview with the district manager?

Hello in Salt Lake City, Utah

88 months ago

I applied online and took the personality questionaire. Then I was called in and went in for an interview with the recruiter, took the test first then did the interview. If you do not pass the test, then you are not considered eligible for the job. The test is very simple, only 10-12 questions. They are pattern questions, very similar to the SAT but easier if you ask me. The last two questions were analogies exactly like in the SAT. I took the GRE for graduate school and did well, so this test was a piece of cake for me, but honestly, do not worry about it. It will be fine. Then I was called in for an interview with the branch manager that same day (friday). On Monday, I went in for an interview with another corporate manager. Chase is a great company! It is the number 2 bank in the country after Bank of America. They offer great perks too. You make a starting salary of 28-32k, and can make up to 40k in commissions if you are really good. Most bankers get 10-20k in commissions. Honestly, it's a great job, especially in communities where the level of income is low. I just moved from California and 30k would never have been enough there, but here in Utah, that kind of money is great! Luckily I am bilingual, so I hope that helps in getting hired. I am just waiting for their offer, but of course I'll say yes.

FYI, I also applied for Wells Fargo, and their personal bankers really are just flies on the wall that sell checking accounts. They start you off with 28k and their bonus structure sucks! I think you top off at 34-35 if you make max bonus. I think they have a more aggressive sales motto too. If you're not doing great by 6 months- a year, you're out. Chase expects you to get it within the same time frame, but they give you great training and make you become licensed during the first month of two.

Hello in Salt Lake City, Utah

88 months ago

Diane!

do not give up your position! personal bankers make on average 12k and being an underwriter will get you much more money. whatever money they counteroffered you, you should take it. especially because you will loose money that first year. you will make the 32,000 plus whatever commission you can get. only the top bankers make 70k, and i think that it the max you can get, but it takes years to get there.

San Antonio Personal Banker in San Antonio, Texas

88 months ago

I am a personal banker with JPMChase. The initial is exam is an indicator of whether you would pass the NASD 6 and 63 exams not an indicator of how good you are as sales person. If you can't get licensed then you can't be a Personal Banker.

I have been on the job since February (not counting the two months spent getting licensed since I passed all the tests on the first attempt) and I 'm loving it. Every banker here starts at 32k (yuk) however I see no reason as to why I would make any less than 60k just by seeing the way things are going although my personal goal is higher than that. I do confess that I am in an affluent area and the city in general keeps growing and I would probably not be making these incentives so quickly if I was in a less affluent part of town.

The horror stories about sales tactics posted above are so hard for me to believe. Chase does have a "work the lobby" sales system but it is not "predatory" by any means. I am NOT an agressive sales person, I don't even feel like a sales person!!! I never had a sales job before (I am a young guy in my early 20s) Working the lobby is just about talking to your customers and uncovering needs. I would NEVER sell anyone something they did not need! I would not be doing my job as Personal Banker if I was advising my clients to do something that is not in their best interest.

If you are trying to get someone to get a second mortgage to buy playstation then you do not need to be a banker at Chase and it is no wonder you are pursuing opportunities elsewhere. Another thing I can say about Chase is the advancement opportunities are great, at least in my market. Eventhough I can see I will be a succesful banker I don't want to stay one for much longer than a year when there is so much more opportunity outhere. Whether I stay with Chase or not (which I want to stay and go to their investment bank overseas) if I decide to leave at least I will take my NASD registrations with me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

danne in Willow Springs, Illinois

88 months ago

I'm sooo glad to finally hear from someone who likes the job. I personally believe that those who complain and son't like it are just not great sales men, because everyone I know who has this position that is a sales man says this is a real cushy easy job! I am going to take it if I get the offer...which should be in a couple days.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

danne in Willow Springs, Illinois

88 months ago

Hi Danne,

I have not heard back from my recruiter yet. How long after meeting with the branch manager did the recruiter get back to you to set up an interview with the district manager?

Blue, The way that my experience has gone is
1. Took the test
2. Had interview with recruiter and then immediately with branch manager and sales manager at the branch
3. took 3 days for recruiter to call me back to schedule the district manager interview (but I did call her twice during the waiting period)
4. met with the District manager yesterday morning and I should hear something about the job in a few days....

I believe I got the job... I am claiming it for myself. This was the last interview that I had to do before I get the offer. I hope that helps you Blue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

WCS in Appleton, Wisconsin

88 months ago

To: PB in San Antonio

Nice to hear some positive feedback.

I am scheduled to take the assessment test this Friday. From the way it sounds math and personality are the two sections you are tested on. For the math section do you happen to remember approximately how many questions there are? If so, do you know how many you are allowed to get wrong?

Thanks for the help!

blue in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

There are 9 or 10 math/logical questions. I am not sure how many you can get wrong though.

88 months ago

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

88 months ago

There are 10 math questions and they are supposed to all have CORRECT answers so take your time and arrive at thge correct answers because you are not entitled to get wrong answers. Best of luck. Rest of the test is all personality so think SALES when answering.

88 months ago

Simply put the crux of the matter is:

Great Commissions corrupt great Bankers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Right away. The next day to be interviewed the next day!

88 months ago

Wow. So even if I get one single question wrong I cannot interview for a PB position. Seems odd that if I got one question wrong the next thing you know that means I am not capable of passng the 6&63 test. Interesting.

88 months ago

I have heard that they are SAT/ACT style for the math questions. I am not a math wiz by any means but would consider myself above average. The way it sounds if I just take my time and write it out(they sound wordy)I should be ok. Now that I know that you have to get a perfect score there is always that fear of one or two of them really stumping a person.
Thanks for the help and feedback in your past replies regarding the test.

danne in Dallas, Texas

87 months ago

Blue!!! I too did not get the job with chase and am looking to interview with another district manager in the area. Wish me luck Blue. How did your meeting go with the second district manager that you interviewed with? It was very dissapointing to get work of this, but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles....... I am going to keep on trying.

xixi in Brooklyn, New York

87 months ago

I will have the assessment test tomorrow. Can anyone give an example of the math question and the 2nd part of the test in the assessment test?

ken in Brooklyn, New York

87 months ago

What is the number 195 stand for?
I don't understand the question, does it mean the number of the reports one needs to order? that doesn't make sense.

One question for example had the following percentages that indicate accuracy on reports:

97, 98, 96, 96, 97, 98, 96, 96

If you had to order the next reports and you needed exactly 195. How many reports should you order?

a) 201
b) 189
d) 195
e) 203

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.