Personal banker position?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 737)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

WCS in Appleton, Wisconsin

88 months ago

I have it tomorrow as well and from the help of some others (re: the above comments) it sounds like the math will be ACT/SAT style...maybe wordy type problems where you have to use some logic and also percentages. The second half which is the personality test just put yourself in your natural sales state of mind the way it sounds and you will be fine. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Wouldnt the answer be 2? If you go by the number series/pattern the next two numbers would be 97 and 98. If you add those two together it is 195. So the actual # of reports would be 2. i dont know. i am not a math wiz but that is what i came up with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ken in Brooklyn, New York

88 months ago

What is the number 195 stand for?
I don't understand the question, does it mean the number of the reports one needs to order? that doesn't make sense.

One question for example had the following percentages that indicate accuracy on reports:

97, 98, 96, 96, 97, 98, 96, 96

If you had to order the next reports and you needed exactly 195. How many reports should you order?

a) 201
b) 189
d) 195
e) 203

88 months ago

I am thinking the person that originally posted that meant to put something like...what would be the next two numbers in the number series. if you look there is a pattern...kind of like 2,4,6...what would be the next number. the number would be 8. dont worry. it didnt make sense to me either but i knew what they were getting at. i wasnt worried and i know i will do well until i heard that you have to get a perfect score and i am already hoping that if i get stumped on one that my guess is a good one!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MP02 in Elgin, Illinois

88 months ago

No, it is exactly right. If you guys are going to miss that, you are going to fail the test. You don't add the reports together. The series of numbers are PERCENTAGES of how accurate each set of reports are.

97, 98, 96, 96, 97, 98, 96, 96

There is a pattern.

Break it down:

97, 98, 96, 96
97, 98, 96, 96

So whats next? 97% Why? Because the pattern starts over after 96 with 97 then 98 and so on.

If you need exactly 195 reports and you're next batch that need to order will be 97% accurate then you take 195/97% (.97) = 201. You need to order 201 reports next time around to have 195 perfect reports. Check your answer. Take 201 reports order multiply that by 97% (.97) and it equals 195 perfect reports. This are the type of questions you will get along with other pattern questions. READ the ENTIRE question and understand what the problem is. If you're still not understanding then give up.. you're going to fail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Yep. You're right. Gotta take your time on these. I knew what the pattern was but wasn't exactly sure what the question was asking at first but after looking at it again it made sense. Just have to make sure to write out the keywords.

Thanks!

xixi in Brooklyn, New York

88 months ago

it's such a simple problem, but the question is not clear enough. If they say" you needed exactly 195 accurate reports", that I will be able to figure out immediately.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ajay Jain in Garland, Texas

88 months ago

You do not HAVE to GET a perfect score but you always aim for one. Don't you?That is why they tell you in the begining that all ten questions have CORRECT answers so you may not have any doubt! Best of luck.

88 months ago

Of course you always aim for a perfect score but once in a great while in life you get or do something wrong so I was just wondering before going in. Thanks for the feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

xixi in Brooklyn, New York said: it's such a simple problem, but the question is not clear enough. If they say" you needed exactly 195 accurate reports", that I will be able to figure out immediately.

I agree. The word "accurate" for 195 clears it up a lot.

88 months ago

Ajay Jain in Garland, Texas said: You do not HAVE to GET a perfect score but you always aim for one. Don't you?That is why they tell you in the begining that all ten questions have CORRECT answers so you may not have any doubt! Best of luck.

Ajay...when you said the following that made me think that you had to get 10 out of 10. Just wanted to clear that up. Thanks.:

you are not entitled to get wrong answers

jd in North Ridgeville, Ohio

88 months ago

do not work for chase! that is friendly advice- if you do decide to work for chase, you will soon see why i warned you not to...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

in Irving, Texas said: Okay first off, that math question in this thread is not an actual question on the test. It is *similar*. The real question does not contain whole numbers in the word problem - the numbers are in decimal form. However each of the answers you have to choose from are whole numbers. I honestly don't think that you have to get all of the answers on the math part correct. I would be surprised if I had made a perfect score because I was iffy about a few of my answers. I think you probably have to get a majority of the answers correct. Some of you guys seem to be stressing too much over that section. Like people have said before, just take your time and use the scratch paper they give you. Spend as long as you need on each question. Also, please take your time on the personality section. Don't just fly through the questions on that section - put some thought into your answers and make sure you keep *sales* in mind. After all, when it comes down to it the PB job is a sales job.

Danne, that's too bad that you didn't get the job the first time around. I know how you feel. I have not set up the interview with the district manager yet as the recruiter and I seem to be playing a little phone tag right now. Hopefully I will find out something soon.

Thanks for your positive feedback. It was helpful. Yeah, its just a math test not the bar exam.

Good luck to everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

jd in North Ridgeville, Ohio said: do not work for chase! that is friendly advice- if you do decide to work for chase, you will soon see why i warned you not to...

Thanks for the warning but any larger place is going to have its pros and cons and the cons you just haave to somehow deal with. I have worked for two national companies and know what it's like to work for a place where you are somewhat of a # but I also know 2 people that work for Chase. A friend and an Aunt who has been with Chase for 20 years and worked her way from Teller to Branch Mgr and loves it. Its just what you make of it like any job...especially with larger organizations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diane in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

Hi everyone, just a quick heads up on my experience. I was offered the job in a very ritzy area and I had accepted the offer. They called to make sure I put in my notice in at work and the next week I received a phone call telling me I will now most likely be working out of a different branch. The one they are offering me now is in a less desirable part of town and would really effect sales/commissions. Thankfully, my current job countered prior to this and I decided to stay where I am.

If you are accepting the PB position, beware of the bait and switch they pulled with me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diane in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

I thought this forum was to help people and have an open discussion, not insult people? People tend to take advice better from a sane, logical source not a disgruntled employee. Just a thought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

I am not saying it is a "great" place to work because I have never worked there. I have worked for other large companies and smaller companies and there are pros and cons to both sizes. I am just curious as to why the people that HAVE worked at Chase in the past and no longer are employed by them even take the time and effort to go onto a job/message board for Chase? Fine if you really want to help possible future employees I guess by I can't imagine dwelling in the past about one of my old jobs to be whether it is good or bad. Unless this is a hobby of course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

jd in North Ridgeville, Ohio said: San Antonio Banker, o my o my o my. started in february did you? well don't you worry, the honeymoon is about to wear off my dear. why is it that the only positive postings are largely from people who have either been at chase for a very very very short time, or people who have NEVER worked there at all (Danne)? listen, i've had several years experience there, and it is terrible. it ages you, compromises your integrity, and makes you sacrifice your own life's well being. it is laughable that you say that 'your market' looks like it has great advancement oppotunity san anton bnkr. you wouldn't have the slightest effing clue, you haven't been there long enough to really know any of the important stuff. and danne, thank your lucky stars that you got turned down for the pb job. oh and in response to your comment about the 'negative posters' being bad salespeople, don't speak out of your league sweetypie, k? i was a national achiever with chase (something you never would have achieved even if you did ever get that pathetic job you were turned down for yet you are still clawing to try and get). i left there for a much much much beter job with a much much much much better company in a better industry. oh and finally, i almost forgot- san anton 'baker'- you "wouldn't ever sell anybody something they don't need?" well then you are in for a short stint at chase. better call your old manager at burger king back and see if they still need a drive thru scumbag.

Scumbag? have you ever even met or talked to the guy in San Antonio? So what if he likes his job and is giving it a chance with a positive attitude.

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

88 months ago

b in Irving, Texas said: Will the administrator please remove my email address in the prior comment? I accidentally put it the wrong place in my comment. Thanks!
I can't change your screen name, but I can delete the comment. If you want to save the text first so you can repost then let me know when to delete it. Thanks!

88 months ago

Diane in Dallas, Texas said: I thought this forum was to help people and have an open discussion, not insult people? People tend to take advice better from a sane, logical source not a disgruntled employee. Just a thought.
I agree! Please let us know about these kind of disruptions in the future by clicking "report abuse". Thanks for keeping things positive.

b in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas said: I can't change your screen name, but I can delete the comment. If you want to save the text first so you can repost then let me know when to delete it.
Thanks!

Hi, you can delete my comment and I will repost it. Thanks!

b in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

I guess you will have to edit where people quoted me that have my email included in them too. Hope it isn't too much of an inconvenience! Thank you!

88 months ago

No problem!

88 months ago

jd in North Ridgeville, Ohio said: o well, excuse me! i was trying to save people's lives by advising them to avoid working for chase, specifically as a personal banker. i thought this was an open forum...obviously that isn't true. almost all of the comments on this board are from people who have never worked at chase, yet when i share my experiences as an employee with the company, nobody wants to hear it. all of the guinea pigs hear what they want, which is that it is a "wonderful, cheery, beautiful place to work...." just because their 'opportunity of a lifetime' fell into their lap to become a glorified bank teller (since they are probably 40+ and don't have an education further than high school), i am just supposed to let everyone who is posting here live in la-la land? well the advice i'm giving is invaluable. o and diane in dallas, thank you for referring to me as insane, that was nice. but didn't you scathe me for hurling insults? wait...wouldn't that make you..a...hypocrite? i am glad to hear that your current job at the gas station countered chase's offer. now hurry back to the kitchen my dear, your redneck hillbilly husband's pot pie is about done. o and i can't wait for you to take this post down audrey! you are worse than stalin, hitler, idi amin, robert mugabe, and kim jong-il all combined! and they say we have freedom of speech!

helping people is one thing...calling them scumbags and other toxic words like in this recent email isnt very helpful. i believe that is why they took the post down. being helpful is one thing and than just being a jerk is another. why are you wasting your time on this site? dont say its to help to others because honestly i find it hard to believe that you truly care. now...here comes the insults from JD in OH...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

jd in Ohio. Are you over 40 with a high school education? If Chase as bad as you say it is then WHY are you stuck in Chase AND on this board?

Help yourself in life before trying to help everyone else through this board. What makes you keep coming back to this board? Your dead-end career at Chase or lack of any alternatives in life?

People on this board have one primary goal and that is to get in to Chase. If you can help be my guest or else just spare us the insults. Don't call the moderator names when they pull your posts down because your posts deserve to be pulled down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Mr. Attitude Ohio

Just out of curiosity...why do you care though? You are not going to "save lives", like you said in a previous post, by telling them not to work at Chase. If a person wants to try something out on their own LET THEM...its not going to affect your life at all whether someone on this board doesnt like their job or not at Chase. I think its fine if you want to point out some cons to people and give helpful advice. I think we have all done that for friends or people that we hear about that are applying at a place that we have worked at but to be just a complete a#$ to people that you have never met and saying you are trying to be "helpful" doesn't make sense to me. I have worked at two larger corporations...all have their bad and good. ALL OF THEM! I am related to people that have been at Chase for over 20 years and love it and I have been at larger companies and really hated certain things about them. I think with larger places, from my experience, it really matters what department you get into and also what your manager is like. Any larger place is luck of the draw. Just like when you buy a car. Know what I mean? So I dont think EVERYONE is miserable that works at Chase. Just within my own circle of friends and family I know a couple of people and they both like it a lot. I also know people who hate where they work. Its a part of life. I could care less what you do with your freetime but cant you see that obviously you are not getting anywhere on this board?! I think you are coming across as TRYING to be helpful but honestly you are just looking like a big egotistical arrogant jerk so if i was in your position...and this is just me...cut your losses and go to another message board. Now go away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

jd in North Ridgeville, Ohio said: AJAX, DID YOU GET THE 'JOB OF A LIFETIME' AT CHASE? I HOPE SO, YOU DESERVE TO BE MISERABLE. HAPPY TO SAY I LANDED AN INFINITELY BETTER CAREER THAN WOULD EVER BE POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE LIKE YOU.....O AND BY THE WAY, THE REASON I'M ON HERE IS TO WARN SCHMUCKS LIKE YOUR DUMB AS S FROM APPLYING AT SCHITHOLES LIKE CHASE. PHUCK YOU

What is this "infinitely better career" that you speak of? If you want to be truly helpful then PLEASE lead the way...seriously. I want to know.

88 months ago

JD...i noticed that you are on just about every single message board regarding Chase and its all really helpful information. i am sitting here laughing at how someone has so much time on their hands to spend on this. I visited this site for the first time not even a week ago and am pretty sure this will be my last post because i have never read so many negative things by one single person in my life.

i am waiting for Chris Hansen from Dateling to come and introduce himself to you...you need help man. take a breath.

danne in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

There is nothing that anyone can say to get through to JD. He is to be pittied because he is a fool. With his attitude it's no wonder he didn't make it. No one can go far in life with that negative attitude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Diane in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

Well put Danne.

xtralife in Farmington, Michigan

88 months ago

Simply put: you are not what you think you are , but what you THINK you are. if you think you are not for this job at chase then you are absolutely right! the people who are interested in the PB position, give it a try. it was the best dicision for some. others gained from the experience so there is nothing negative that is going to come out of this opportunity. its an opportunity! its up to you to make it more or less. Me personally think the assesment test was easy. take your time ,read and check your answer before moving to the next question. look for patterns. I see why they say if you dont pass the test then you cant proceed with the next interview. its because the test is EASY. if you know how to work with percentages then your Good. you will be proceeding to the next interview. dont be intimdated by those who didn't pass. i bet if they could take it again they would pass with 100%. don't worry youll pass!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

xtralife in Farmington, Michigan

88 months ago

lucky for me its wasn't a English test!

88 months ago

xtralife in Farmington, Michigan said: Simply put: you are not what you think you are , but what you THINK you are. if you think you are not for this job at chase then you are absolutely right! the people who are interested in the PB position, give it a try. it was the best dicision for some. others gained from the experience so there is nothing negative that is going to come out of this opportunity. its an opportunity! its up to you to make it more or less. Me personally think the assesment test was easy. take your time ,read and check your answer before moving to the next question. look for patterns. I see why they say if you dont pass the test then you cant proceed with the next interview. its because the test is EASY. if you know how to work with percentages then your Good. you will be proceeding to the next interview. dont be intimdated by those who didn't pass. i bet if they could take it again they would pass with 100%. don't worry youll pass!

How refreshing. Nice to see some kind and constructive words on this page for once. Well put as far as giving it a try. If anything it gives you some experience and an opportunity to get your licenses if it wouldnt work out in the long run.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Ajay Jain in Garland, Texas said: People on this board have one primary goal and that is to get in to Chase. If you can help be my guest or else just spare us the insults. Don't call the moderator names when they pull your posts down because your posts deserve to be pulled down.
Thanks for your support!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BOB in Charlevoix, Michigan

88 months ago

So it seems to me that the person who made only 10-12k was not able to properly find out customers needs. Profiling financial needs is 100% of what the job entails. You can be succesful with learning 5 questions to ask every person you meet. The rest is not up to you, it is up to other people who rely on you to make their check. The PB is the force that drives continued business, and they are paid what they are worth. I know of PBs who make over 150k per year doing what they do because they are interested in doing the right thing for customers every day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

WCS in Appleton, Wisconsin said: JD...i noticed that you are on just about every single message board regarding Chase and its all really helpful information. i am sitting here laughing at how someone has so much time on their hands to spend on this. I visited this site for the first time not even a week ago and am pretty sure this will be my last post because i have never read so many negative things by one single person in my life.
All of jd's posts have been removed. If you see posts on our forums like this in the future please click on "Report abuse". Thanks!

88 months ago

I knew from his one sided comments that JD would be history one of these days but never knew the end was so near. I can't believe he is still employed by Chase. Somebody from this board ought to leak his identity to Chase.

blue in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

He said that he works for another company now and no longer Chase.

88 months ago

It is a pleasant shock not to see his pure evil all over this board. Is he really working for Chase or just a past employee? According to him he "moved on to bigger and better things."...yet he wouldn't tell me his "secret answer" to an ideal career.

Anyway, moving on...thanks to those who gave their feedback re: the assessment test. I was relieved to hear yesterday that I passed the test. There were a couple of them that I was not 100% sure on so I was happy to hear that I can now move onto the next step which is HR/recruiter calling hiring managers to try and get my name out there.

Good luck to all of you. Good beat evil again in life and maybe JD got some holy water thrown on himself over the weekend.

88 months ago

blue in Irving, Texas said: He said that he works for another company now and no longer Chase.

I cannot imagine who would hire that piece of work. Good grief. Talk about high maintenance.

88 months ago

Even though he works for another company now its unbelievable how BITTER he has been about his time at Chase that he can not give up writing to this board! If he were happy and busy in his CURRENT job Chase would not be on his radar now. Rather he should not have time for the Chase board (reading and posting). Looks like he is a looser overall. Can't even hold a thread or conversation with anyone on the board. Hope we have seen the last of him?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

I could not agree more. Of course I have past jobs in my life that I didnt care for or had bad experiences at but he is acting like Chase is the devil himself. It is one thing to vent but that was just purely toxic and scary. I read some of his other comments on other boards and they are even more disgusting.

NOW...where were we? LOL. I think this board is at its best when we can all help one another out by sharing info and offering support.

Maybe Chris Hansen from Dateline found JD.

88 months ago

Oh God JD you still read and post on this board! All caps!! Did I touch a RAW nerve somewhere because your insults do not bother me. Rather it reflects a lot on you and where you are coming from a dead end career and a dead end life!!! You deserve YOURSELF. Keep a mirror handy and keep glaring at your handsome self!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Very elegantly put WCS in Appleton, WI.
The problem with JD is that he still would not go away. My post did touch a "raw nerve" of JD for sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Audrey given the JDs of the world you still doing very well in a thankless world. A good service bringing like minded people together.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Ajay Jain in Garland, Texas said: Oh God JD you still read and post on this board! All caps!! Did I touch a RAW nerve somewhere because your insults do not bother me. Rather it reflects a lot on you and where you are coming from a dead end career and a dead end life!!! You deserve YOURSELF. Keep a mirror handy and keep glaring at your handsome self!!!!

Thank you sir.

are you talking about an older post that he wrote that you just read?

celine in Brooklyn, New York

88 months ago

I had an interview with a branch manager on Mon., then the manager asked me to take the assessment online any time. I passed it on Monday night. But then the manager said he had to contact the recruiter and would have the recruiter contact me.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on on their part?
Thanks!

starfish in Jersey City, New Jersey

88 months ago

Hi Celine,
could you please tell me about the assessment test? what kind of question they have on test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

I know I am not Celine but I just took the test last Friday and maybe can help a little. 10 math/word problems similiar to those on an ACT or SAT test and then a personality test(THINK LIKE A TRUE SALEPERSON WHEN ANSWERING THESE!). The math section is desgined to confuse you so just take your time and write it all out. They give you paper and a calculator. I went over my answers probably 5-6 times to check my work. Especially the lengthier ones. Brush up on your percentages and look for keywords in the word problems. I bought just a basic Cliff notes book for $8 at Barnes & Noble just to brush up and get the brain ready a little bit. Dont overthink it though.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

celine in Brooklyn, New York said: I had an interview with a branch manager on Mon., then the manager asked me to take the assessment online any time. I passed it on Monday night. But then the manager said he had to contact the recruiter and would have the recruiter contact me.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on on their part?
Thanks!

It took me a couple days until I heard if I had passed or failed, which I passed thank God. In order to apply for any PB positions at Chase you have to pass the assessment test first to show them that you are capable of passing the tests for your licenses once hired. I think they are trying to weed out the people who talk the talk interviews but dont walk the walk once hired.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.