Personal banker position?

Comments (151 to 200 of 719)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Chris in San Antonio, Texas

97 months ago

get REAL in NYC in New York, New York said: hey wake up...bitter, yes GOD*** right i'd be till the day i die. When was the last time you put in a 118hour week...yes thats right...no typo there...one hundred eighteen hours in 1 week(7days). any you know what no overtime...after all that i save the day got the project and work done without a single blip to our customer...and you know what my scumbag 2nd/3rd level ohio managment do ....they F***ing tell us they are shutting down our application, moving it to ohio and your no longer need in a few months...I loath the day that JPMC crashes and burns...Bank of American is going to CRUSH jpmc

Out of curiosity if BOA is so powerful to crush Chase why aren't they a threat to either citibank or chase. oh thats right both citibank and chase aren't so concerned with the $10 and overdrawn accounts that BOA is thats why, between the two banks they carry 66% of the billionaire accounts, and BOA. I don't see BOA crushing anyone. As a matter of fact why when either bank gets into any sort of trouble and it looks as if they are hurting the federal government steps in to take them out of their trouble, probably because the impact their failure would have on the economy. Not to bad mouth BOA cause it is a great retail bank but don't act as if they are going to take down any bank as large as chase.

WCS in Appleton, Wisconsin

97 months ago

Thanks for the feedback. I interviewed at Chase but then WI implemented that you take the assessment test so I did that and passed it. Found out the day after that I passed. Got a call 2 days later asking if I would like to interview at a certain location (the one that I interviewed at about 2 months ago and didn't get the offer but it opened up again) and never heard from her. Tried to call twice and couldn't get ahold of the recruiter. Just sort of odd thats all. Since then I havent seen any new postings in this area and they usually have atleast a new posting every week. Who knows. Could be a number of things but I will once again sit tight and exercise patience.

Congrats on the offer and good luck!

Ajay Jain in Garland, Texas

97 months ago

At long last there is a clue. The looser now works in Bank of America. Somebody get this looser's name from the moderator and forwarn Bank of America!

97 months ago

You play with fire too many times you will get burned. Get Real=JD. No one can talk like that or spell so well but our main man in Ohio(It is 'laid off' not 'laidded off' One track mind I guess). So you are working for the Columbus Bank of America now JD?

get REAL in NYC in New York, New York

97 months ago

WCS in Appleton, Wisconsin said: You play with fire too many times you will get burned. Get Real=JD. No one can talk like that or spell so well but our main man in Ohio(It is 'laid off' not 'laidded off' One track mind I guess). So you are working for the Columbus Bank of America now JD?

ya know, maybe this isnt the case with your precious PB guys or the oh so royal investment bankers. Chase is probably a fantastic place to work at for the financial side of the house. Their are most likely great perks and good salaries and bonuses. I wouldnt know, because i'm a systems engineer. This is the area that is just aweful --anyone in the technology lines of business will tell you that without batting and eye-lash. So it leads me to believe what the hell are you guys going to do when there is no one or no one that is skilled enough to design,run,maintain your trading floor systems or your retail systems. Think about a customer comming into a branch and not being able to open an account cause your retail app had failed. At the rate things are heading, this WILL happen. you guys are going to be sitting around with your thumbs in your A$$ calling the help desk and getting someone in india who can barely understand you and couldnt care less about the problems here. I'm not this guy JD your talking about, i'm an actuall current employee in NYC...and word just cant describe how bad things are the tech people in JPMC. Hey go ahead get hired, work for them...dont say I dont warn you...

97 months ago

jd in North Ridgeville, Ohio said: do not work for chase! that is friendly advice- if you do decide to work for chase, you will soon see why i warned you not to...

Amen JD, its amazing how some people just dont get it. 340 comments about chase on indeed.com and 97% of them are negative. Thats one hell of a track record. I think Robert Half Technologies has a better report than JPMC. Thats ok though, cause I hope all the people here get hired by JPMC so they can experience the pain first hand. To all these people note this when your being squeezed further and further and your wondering how the hell you got to that point and you cant believe what else they are going to do next, just remember this post and rest assure that i'll be laughing my @$$ off...

Ajay Jain in Garland,Texas --it cool buddy, go ahead be the spin man for JPMC. You think your a stellar guy and doing well in the heart of texas, just wait for the day when your management decided that the retail division is not performing well in Garland and they are going to pull the plug. oh sure you'll have job still --its just going to be in Columbus, and oh yeah they arent giving you a dime to help relocate if you are dumb enough to take the offer.

JD, my comrade, its just further proff that the mis-managment and poor decision are all over the bank, not just technology...

97 months ago

Get Real...every larger company is going to have its pros and cons...EVERY company. Why is it then that I have relative who has been with Chase for over 20 years and has nothing but good things to say about it. Yes you have to work hard and yes there are some bad things...EVERY job has that. At every larger company with multiple locations too sometimes its just a matter of getting lucky. What i mean is each branch can vary greatly as far as how it is run. WHo you get for a manager can matter sometimes too.

Just some points considering I have worked for larger international companies and also smaller companies so I am well aware and experienced when it comes to just about every kind of scenario. My last job was outsourced to the Phillipines so dont even bother telling me that i dont know what its like.

danne in Dallas, Texas

97 months ago

I didn't get the job with chase but I did get the job with wachovia and they offered me 15K more as a base!!! Good luck to you all with chase. It actually worked out well that I didn;t get hired afterall

97 months ago

WCS in Appleton, Wisconsin said:

90% of those 340 NEGATIVE comments were posted by ONE person.

97 months ago

WCS in Appleton, Wisconsin said: Get Real...every larger company is going to have its pros and cons...EVERY company. Why is it then that I have relative who has been with Chase for over 20 years and has nothing but good things to say about it. Yes you have to work hard and yes there are some bad things...EVERY job has that. At every larger company with multiple locations too sometimes its just a matter of getting lucky. What i mean is each branch can vary greatly as far as how it is run. WHo you get for a manager can matter sometimes too.

Just some points considering I have worked for larger international companies and also smaller companies so I am well aware and experienced when it comes to just about every kind of scenario. My last job was outsourced to the Phillipines so dont even bother telling me that i dont know what its like.

Yeah, i agree --the thing with JPMC is its now the norm instead of the exception. Its not a branch thing, its not a direct manager thing, it is however a luck thing. The effort to cut to the bone is corporate wide, and thats fine. Except for the fact that its never ever enough, if you save 4million the 2Q, they will applaud you and then say save more in 3Q or else. I was given 60days notice in june2006 and had to find another spot which i did by some miracle, and now 7 months later am being given another 60days notice. In most people that should sound the alarm bells to give you an idea of what is going on, now mind you i'm not slacking off --im the guy that worked 118 hours a week, i'm one of the best at what i do, i support million dollar IT systems that move billions of dollars a day. The reality is that has absolutly ZERO bearing on the process, it doesnt matter how skilled you are, how long you've been there, what your title is, who you know..none of that matter PERIOD! *cont to next post*

97 months ago

The sad fact is that if they can take that bottom line number from $4,000,000 to $4,000,001 by letting you go, Your history, end of story, period. You might be saying "No, that usually doesnt happen" well, your wrong it does, i seen it happen countless time to hundreds of people. They were even cases were the layoff were going to have HUGE impacts to serious customer, like customers with up to %12 percent stake in the company. Every person from the engineer to the dirtbag in 3rd line managment making the decision to do the cut was in complete agreement about the impact to the customers would be huge. In the end they just chalked it up to "we'll deal with that when we come to it". What kinda of managment that, its zero managment. Like I said before i'm not talking about an impact of " my desktop pc cdrom drive is not working" NO, i'm talking about " Our trading floor systems are going down and crashing in the middle of the day " *cont to next post*

97 months ago

I can relate to all that you have said. Like I said, with working for huge corporations all the way down to mom and pop places I know first hand what it is like. It really is luck of the draw...not only what company you go to work for but all the way down to what dept. you are in then down to who your manager is. The larger corporations I have worked for are the same...well known company, some I knew loved their job and some hated it(micro-management)...it ALL comes down to what department you are in. Atleast where i have worked. Maybe its also location. My Aunt is a branch manager in a smaller town and there is NO turnaround. She has been there for 20 yrs. Started out as a Teller and worked hard and has enjoyed her time there. Like I said...luck of the draw I guess.

97 months ago

WCS in Appleton, Wisconsin said: I can relate to all that you have said. Like I said, with working for huge corporations all the way down to mom and pop places I know first hand what it is like. It really is luck of the draw...not only what company you go to work for but all the way down to what dept. you are in then down to who your manager is. The larger corporations I have worked for are the same...well known company, some I knew loved their job and some hated it(micro-management)...it ALL comes down to what department you are in. Atleast where i have worked. Maybe its also location. My Aunt is a branch manager in a smaller town and there is NO turnaround. She has been there for 20 yrs. Started out as a Teller and worked hard and has enjoyed her time there. Like I said...luck of the draw I guess.

yup for sure, thats security where she is --god help you if your in the North East teritory. Your in a perpetual state of "60-days notice". Dimon wants everything our the west/east coast blue states

Greta in Woodhaven, New York

97 months ago

I passed the test; it was easy! If you've gone to a University you should do just fine!

97 months ago

Not in the NE area. I am in the Midwest...WI.

97 months ago

Greta in Woodhaven, New York said: I passed the test; it was easy! If you've gone to a University you should do just fine!

Congrats. I didnt go to a University. I went to a technical college and still passed. : ) I recommend that if anyone has been out of school for sometime like myself a cliff notes version of percentages, fractions,word problems, etc that Barnes & Noble has for like $6.

thrasher5@sbcglobal.net in Amarillo, Texas

97 months ago

I sent in my resume several days ago but haven't heard anything back yet, I know there is a job posted less than 2 days ago that I am qualified for. Does anyone know how long after a job is posted and you submit your resume that you hear back?

Ted in Scarsdale, New York

97 months ago

Gary in Schaumburg, Illinois said: I worked for Chase June 2005 until March 2007. I think it is a great place as a steping ladder to your career. I was right out of college and gained my 3 licences and great experience my time their. The key to being successful is being in a afluent area!!! I worked in a suburb in Bergen County with 25 other banks in our town. I averaged 1200 a month in commision my highest payout being 5000 and lowest being 350. If you like sales and are half way decent with it their is no way you shouldnt be making 1200 commision if your in the tri-state area. Outside the tri-state I could imagine it being more difficult because everything is on a smaller scale. The pay range is tristate is between 35-42k and from what I hear you can get up to 49999 if you have licenses and experience. I know alot about the company and the way they waork so if you have any questions regarding a PB job let me know!!!

Thanks Gary,
Do you think those figures you quoted are accurate for Chase branches in Manhattan, or Westchester County too? And the 49999? I have licenses and experience, am in late 40's, but am very hesitant about Chase... Do they provide all the sales leads or do they expect you to develop most on your own, including cold calling? Do you know many pb's who stay in it many years? What % survive 12 months, or 5 years? What's the typical career path from pb? Can you compare the Chase pb position to WAMU's or Citi or anybody else? Many thanks!

lop sup in Columbus, Ohio

97 months ago

Looking........................

97 months ago

To ALL posters: Post for the job(s), take the test, take the job if offered. Work these positions and learn from them. Experience counts and you will reap rewards later in your careers. Good companies, Bad companies are all the same; use the same analogy in every day issues as well; "Some like Fords, Some like Chevy's", you never, never know when you will find or move into your dream job.

If you hate your company, job or boss, find another. Life is too short to start each day being miserable.

97 months ago

PSST: Try never to spend everything you make. Save your money, invest in your companies 401K - you will never ever be sorry that you did! It will be your worst night mare come true if you hate your Company, Job or Boss and cannot change because the money going out is more than what is coming in. Everything in your life will change (Marriages, Children, Friendships); you will begin to hate everything and everything and yourself. Never, ever work at a single company for more than 10 years. You might not see or understand what I am saying until you reach the current Magic Number of 50 years of age, try to move to another job, change your expertise, go back to school and learn another trade, you will need it.

Manage your finances through investments; the trick is to have money coming in from other sources like Real Estate (buy and sell). Our government passed laws in 1986 that instantly made millions of us Financial Experts; or that was the end result.

Our schools and colleges do not teach "Finance", "How to be a Parent", "Sports Stars" (who go from severe poverty to instant millionaires.) The best author I have read is Robert Kiyasaki "Rich Dad / Poor Dad" - Read it - it may change your life.
Thanks, ErnieGs

97 months ago

My lop sup's post as the best post i have seen on here. all good words of advice and i 100% agree. I too have read Rich Dad/Poor Dad and recommend it as well.

What you said in your first post(see below) is everything in my posts that i have been trying to say but you put it in a simple form that sums it up:

Good companies, Bad companies are all the same; use the same analogy in every day issues as well; "Some like Fords, Some like Chevy's", you never, never know when you will find or move into your dream job.

If you hate your company, job or boss, find another. Life is too short to start each day being miserable.

Ajay in Garland, Texas

97 months ago

Last week I got a call for an interview in a Branch that was 35 miles from home. With the gas prices as they are I declined. I hope I will be considered for other positions and Branches?

97 months ago

I dont blame you. I had the same thing happen to me. What kind of makes me nervous is that i declined an interview at a branch right after passing the test and that was about the same (35-40 miles all highway driving one way) and ever since then (about 3 weeks ago) i havent heard anything at all. Then again for some odd reason Chase has not posted any new jobs in the past 3 weeks in my area...not just a PB position but no Teller positions, branch managers,etc. My brother in law who has been with Wells Fargo for a long time mentioned that sometimes Wells will do short term "hiring freezes" so i am hoping that is the case. I hope they didnt think i was being too picky or anything but i am not driving 400 miles every week with the gas prices as they are. As of today they just hit $3.50 in WI. Ridiculous.

Sabitha in Chicago, Illinois

97 months ago

Do you remember all the questions? If so can you tell them?

Bill Kennedy in Homewood, Illinois

97 months ago

I just wanted to post again about how Chase is going. I know the majority of people who post here generally have nothing good to say, so I figured I would shine a little light to the bank. Since starting there I can say nothing but good about the branch managers, current PB’s I have spoken with, principles, and other staff. To give an example of their generosity, I did not pass the series 6 the first time (failed by one point!), and everyone there came together and helped me through it. They are all "very" supportive. I just took the test for the second time and passed with a high score this time around.

As far as the job goes, we'll see once I start getting to work. All I know is this, no matter how this turns out I look at this just as a valuable experience that can be transferred into many other fields. My main goal is to make it into commercial lending, and every recruiter I have spoken with has told me that they always like to see banking experience. With that said, to me every job should be considered a stepping stone, and in the beginning when you’re starting out always take a job for knowledge and experience over anything else. Your paycheck will increase exponentially once you get those two things (KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE).

97 months ago

that is wonderful news. i have been told by Chase themselves in an interview that if you dont pass the test the first time you get let go.

Ajay in Garland, Texas

97 months ago

Bill,

I think you were lucky to have failed by just one point. Hence all the support and help at a second try. Well thanks for the positive post. I got to the District Manager level once but due to the negetive input from this board I asked a silly question: Do you require repaying tution if one leaves before a year! I lost that interview!!

Keep hope alive by posting your progress on this board. Thanks.

97 months ago

Why would you be so helpful at the beginning and then be so rude in the second paragraph? I dont get it. Unless this is JD in Ohio you had no reason to comment like that. By the way, it was the branch manager who told me that if you do not pass it the first time you get let go as well as the HR/recruiter.

Nice language in the second paragraph. Real mature. Grow up.

97 months ago

also, Carmen in Fort Meyers, please elaborate further why you would say such immature things to me like that. I have been nothing but helpful and professional on this board.

97 months ago

the only person that i have ever had "words" for is JD so the only person who could get offended at that is JD...you are either really that unprofessional and need to grow up or you are just JD being JD which I am willing to bet that you are JD. Your new nickname is Herpes. You just never go away do you?! Go to some other message board that is more suited for you please. Thanks.

Bill Kennedy in Homewood, Illinois

97 months ago

WCS in Appleton, Wisconsin said: Why would you be so helpful at the beginning and then be so rude in the second paragraph? I dont get it. Unless this is JD in Ohio you had no reason to comment like that. By the way, it was the branch manager who told me that if you do not pass it the first time you get let go as well as the HR/recruiter.

Nice language in the second paragraph. Real mature. Grow up.

I'm not quite getting what your saying here, but o.k. The second paragraph had nothing to do with Chase. I seriously cannot say anything bad about them, but I'm definately not planning on being just a personal banker my whole life. Thats all I meant. Anyone at Chase will tell you that the personal banker position is a stepping stone to many other areas in banking. As far as the grow up part, you might want to double think that because you obviously read what I had to say wrong. Sorry.

97 months ago

No no no. Sorry for the misundertanding Bill in IL. There was a post from a Carmen in Ft Meyers that had some really disgusting words for me for some reason and i am thinking it was actually JD in Ohio who they keep taking his posts down due to vulgar language. They took the post down from "Carmen" because she told me where to go and caled me and f'ing idiot for some odd reason.I am here to help and to seek help from others in a professional way and that is all but some people jump in with vulgar comments So it looks like my comments were directed towards you because "Carmen's" horrible and immature posts were taken down due to abuse.

Hopefully that straightens it out.

97 months ago

Bill Kennedy in Homewood, Illinois said: I just wanted to post again about how Chase is going. I know the majority of people who post here generally have nothing good to say, so I figured I would shine a little light to the bank. Since starting there I can say nothing but good about the branch managers, current PB’s I have spoken with, principles, and other staff. To give an example of their generosity, I did not pass the series 6 the first time (failed by one point!), and everyone there came together and helped me through it. They are all "very" supportive. I just took the test for the second time and passed with a high score this time around.

As far as the job goes, we'll see once I start getting to work. All I know is this, no matter how this turns out I look at this just as a valuable experience that can be transferred into many other fields. My main goal is to make it into commercial lending, and every recruiter I have spoken with has told me that they always like to see banking experience. With that said, to me every job should be considered a stepping stone, and in the beginning when you’re starting out always take a job for knowledge and experience over anything else. Your paycheck will increase exponentially once you get those two things (KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE).

This post is actually VERY helpful. So once again, sorry for the misunderstanding. The post I replied to as being "immature" was "Carmen in Ft Myers" and it was really confusing as to why someone told me off. As you can see in my previous posts i was just trying to be helpful.

Bill in Homewood, Illinois

97 months ago

WCS in Appleton, Wisconsin said: This post is actually VERY helpful. So once again, sorry for the misunderstanding. The post I replied to as being "immature" was "Carmen in Ft Myers" and it was really confusing as to why someone told me off. As you can see in my previous posts i was just trying to be helpful.

I'm sorry too then. I just saw your post right below mine, and assumed you were talking about me. My bad.

nofxfan in Richton Park, Illinois

97 months ago

does anyone have anymore examples of these math questions? i have my exam in two days...and didnt get the example that was previously posted until it was explained...i think it suffered from awful wording...anyways just lookin for some help...also the interview im goin in for is for a downtown chicago branch thats opening anyone have any experience with the downtown branches?

realsales

97 months ago

I have taken the test twice and can't pass does anyone recall the answer to at least 2 answers so. My son's mother passes away and I need this job. I know this is asking alot but I'm desperate. Please help us, I know I got some of them right but not enough to pass the test.

nofxfan in Wheaton, Illinois

97 months ago

not a slacker...it was poor wording...and btw got a perfect score on the test...theyve all but offered me the position...

jmgman in Southfield, Michigan

97 months ago

I just took the test about 2 hours ago and it wasn't hard at all. It uses alot of logic and paying attention to patterns in numbers. The story problems try to trick you by giving too much info not important to the problem but other than that it was pretty simple. Just take your time and write the problems out. I passed and she said that the job was pretty much mine because of my extensive sales background. I have two more interviews and that's it.

Ajay Jain in Garland, Texas

97 months ago

Good Luck and keep posting after you get the job.

happyending in Oakland, California

97 months ago

Yes, this is what you need to do to be a successful personal banker. You need to sell them they dont really need, like refinance their low rate 1st mortgage and get some cash-out simply openning a risk-free savings account for secuirity purpose, especially for those retired people without so much income and liquid assets. Who is paying you? The customers.

Bears85 in South Bend, Indiana said: I have recently applied for a personal banker position at Chase and have received a call back to schedule a time for a test. What exactly do they expect from this position? I know that it is primarily a sales position which I am fine with, but one email I got explaining the position from Chase said the position would require an individual to pull people in from the lobby or drive -thru. My question is, Is that how aggressive you need to be? I'm about selling customers what they need, not pulling people in from outside to try to get them to take out a second mortgage to buy a Playstation 3.

FM02 in Sodus, Michigan

96 months ago

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what their panel interview was like? I have done the assessment, the phone interview and the interview with the branch manager. I am now onto the panel interview with the district managers and am not sure what to expect. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

shirlee in Irving, Texas

96 months ago

it doesn't matter if you ace their tests....it's all about who you know - the less experienced you are the better for them

Chrissy in Brockport, New York

96 months ago

I have worked for Chase for 3 years now. It is difficult at times but very rewarding. I have a great incentive plan and great benefits. I have gotten over 2000 PVC's every month...in lamens terms..I have been making over 2500 dollars a month just in personal banker incentive. You also get a yearly bonus in February that is determined by your manager. This job is paying me over 60k a year, which is fabulous since I did not even go to college. They paid for my classes and study materials for my series 6, 63,and LHA Insurance. I could not have asked for more. This is overall a wonderful company to work for.

Chrissy in Brockport, New York

96 months ago

realsales said: I have taken the test twice and can't pass does anyone recall the answer to at least 2 answers so. My son's mother passes away and I need this job. I know this is asking alot but I'm desperate. Please help us, I know I got some of them right but not enough to pass the test.

the math is honestly simple....it seems like people actually have more trouble with the personality part

mo in Houston, Texas

96 months ago

na

Mary in Houston, Texas

96 months ago

I worked for Chase, I can tell you from personal experience if you take this job you will hate it! The worst I've ever experienced. In my training class most of us have quit including myself. I did not enjoy the lack of professionalism on all ends. Management is terrible, unprofessional and inexperienced. Tellers are rude, I thought it was only the branch I worked in but then I started to visit others and seem to find that everyone is rude! The company has a very high turnover, and all the good ones leave. Please save yourself time and don't apply - A waste of your time

chrissy in Brockport, New York

96 months ago

Mary in Houston, Texas said: I worked for Chase, I can tell you from personal experience if you take this job you will hate it! The worst I've ever experienced. In my training class most of us have quit including myself. I did not enjoy the lack of professionalism on all ends. Management is terrible, unprofessional and inexperienced. Tellers are rude, I thought it was only the branch I worked in but then I started to visit others and seem to find that everyone is rude! The company has a very high turnover, and all the good ones leave. Please save yourself time and don't apply - A waste of your time

I think it really depends on where you are and what branch you work for. I LOVE mine!!

96 months ago

I think it really depends on where you are and what branch you work for. I LOVE mine!!

I agree with Chrissy on that one. Any corporation/organization that has multiple branches/offices/locations you will run into that. I have worked for national and international companies and it all really comes down to how that specific location is run and everyone is run a bit different. My Aunt is a branch manager for Chase and she has very low turnover and rarely has to hire anyone. Just my two cents.

jmgman in Goodrich, Michigan

96 months ago

I had my interview with the branch managers yesterday. It was 2 branch managers and that was it. It was a cake walk but this is why. If you are an experienced salesperson I can just about guarantee that you will land the job. I was in the interview for about 20 minutes and they stopped and said there was nothing else to go over because of my extensive sales knowledge. If you pass the 10 question test and have strong sales skills and your not a convicted felon, you will get it. My last interview is next Monday with the Regional Manager and that is the last step, so they say.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.