Researching IT Management Positions at JPM in Columbus Ohio

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

ColumbusBound in grapevine, Texas

71 months ago

I'm currently in the Dallas area working for one of the other leading financial firms in the Operations and Technology side of the house. I've been with the firm for nearly 15 years, the last 8 of it on the IT side. I have experience ranging from help desk, web hosting, and more recently IT project management. I have an undergrad in business as well as a Masters in Information Technology and Management. I have several IT related certifications intend on completing the PMP cert in early 2009.

My wife and I are looking to move to the Columbus area mid to late 2009 and I'm doing some research on employers in the area. Seeing how JPM seems to function extremely similar with the various business groups and a corporate/strategy layout like my current employer it sounds like it would be a fairly easy move for me to make. What types of IT Management positions are available in the Columbus area? Are they mostly in the operations side, or are some of the business lines based in Columbus too? My preference is on the operations side supporting the various business lines.

Also, does anyone know how extensive the background checks are? I've never been arrested or charged with a crime but do have a "pretrial diversion" for some stupid computer stuff I did in my late teens. Any ideas if this would be an issue if I'm offered a position at some point down the road?

I look forward to any information you may have to offer. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.