Run Like The Wind...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 53)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

David in Tinley Park, Illinois

89 months ago

The hours are torturous, concern for employee welfare is non-existent and the UK dominated culture is elitist and offensive. Staffing is so lean (the Jamie Dimon effect) as to guarantee that you will rarely see your family, while the boss never misses his 5:30 train. I have to work overtime just trying to keep my staff from walking, because they despise our manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Wesley Chapel, Florida

89 months ago

Oh yeah you mean Chase AKA the "temp factory"

Checkout would I typed in another post:

Chase sucks! I worked out of their East Tampa office for as a temp while going to school. I don't know about Chase in other cities but in Tampa they go through LOTS of temps. Many of them either don't last or simply quit because Chase would not hire them full time. I knew people who worked as temps for years with no offer to become an employee!

Management treats temps like crap and the place is mostly a revolving door of temps that keeps temp agency buzzing to fill these positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

WildGooseCHASE in Spring Hill, Florida

89 months ago

Been temping there for a year and a half at the Highland Oaks campus in Brandon. After many years in banking, mostly while I lived in NYC, I have to say the experience there is no different than at any other big bank, maybe a little bit worse because of Jamie Dimon's unbriddled ambition to be the biggest one-stop financial company in the world (he's got an axe to grind after getting kicked out of Citibank). Jamie is got a focus on cost consciousness and he's going to push his people until they break, pile the work on because, with bank's merging all over the place, there are fewer and fewer places for people to run to when the going get's tough at JPMC (and they will probably get the same treatment wherever they go).

The company has no, none, zero, zip, zilch quality control, even with their corporate customers. Customer complaints about errors are their first indication that they have a problem, and then they just fix the error and not the cause of the error. That's the only thing they can do when they are obsessed with hiring temps. But Citibank, across the street, is just as bad, swarming with temps.

The more ominous trend is the rumor that Jamie wants to cut back on temps, period. What they can't "offshore" to cheap labor in Mumbai, India, they will pile onto existing employees.

One other problem with working for them in the Tampa area is that they have a truly HUGE pool of former employees clamoring to get back in. When they merged with BankOne, JPMC had a credit card operation in the Westshore area and BankOne had one in Orlando. Well, you don't need two so they laid off 1500 employees from Tampa and many of them watch the company website for open jobs and STILL post (I don't know if the company still gives them preference after this much time).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Naperville, Illinois

89 months ago

Dave - your comments are dead on... chase has a f#*# you attitude towards its employees. The funny thing is, they're so stupid... they're running out all the good people for ********* who can barely write a line of code or speak a sentence of english. Blinded by a vendetta against Citi-bank, Dimon will 'get even' at the expense of the entire company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Livingoffhope. in Pompano Beach, Florida

89 months ago

Yes,Chase does suck! The Deerfield Beach, Florida location is the same. They hire a lot of temps with no intention of making them perm. Management is very nasty and expects you to kill yourself putting in overtime. They only care about making themselves look good for bonuses. Please take note and not even think twice about applying to this location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay Pee Morgan in Corona, New York

88 months ago

JP Morgan Chase, "The Stress Factory" "One Firm, One Team, Be A Leader", what a crock of Bull!!! The Right Relationship Is Everything, yeah right what relationship. JPMC management are the worst bunch of users, abusers and back-stabbing two faced sob's to work for. Run if you can!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

phyllis

88 months ago

Tony said: Dave - your comments are dead on... chase has a f#*# you attitude towards its employees. The funny thing is, they're so stupid... they're running out all the good people for ********* who can barely write a line of code or speak a sentence of english. Blinded by a vendetta against Citi-bank, Dimon will 'get even' at the expense of the entire company.

Why would they treat their employees any better than their customers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

edgy in East Orange, New Jersey

88 months ago

I would second what most people seem to be pointing out here -- Chase is not the same company it was before the BankOne merger. Jamie Dimon is interested solely in increasing shareholder value on the backs of its employees. I've watched Chase slowly but consistently become a nasty place to work while employee benefits are cut back, work hours are increased (officially 5 extra hours, unofficially much longer than that.) Everyone I know wants out. Easily, Chase is the worst employer I've personally had.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

edgy in East Orange, New Jersey

88 months ago

Sorry, but it's not about "Mother Chase" -- it's about the continuing abuse of employees by corporate America. In my five year tenure, I've seen Chase do the following: take away overtime pay for low-level employees, outsource hundres of employees (some with 20+ years tenure) and in the process reduce the department by 20%, then decide a year later to let them all apply for their old jobs back (but reduce the department by another 20% -- oh, and they all lost credit for their years of service to the bank in the process) then, outsource the entire department to India.

Now, personally, I think this is corporate America run amuck, but regardless of whether you think this is fair or not, the fact remains that it is much harder to get things done around Chase these days than it ever was in the past. Add to that the additional paperwork that Dimon and his minions seem to require at every turn and it is an overall unpleasant place to work. My resume includes experience at Big 4 Consulting firms, large publishing firms and Fortune 500 financial firms and I have *never* seen morale this low anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lookin for a New Job In Texas

88 months ago

I agree the morale is terrible. Poor poor management here at Chase. We're expected to have all these appointments every day, yet we get schedule on Monday afternoon of the work week if we are lucky. There have been weeks where I havent gotten my schedule til Wednesday only to find out I was off on Tueday .. go figure. And lets not forget all the extra manual reports we need to do .. does Chase not have an IT department that can figure out how to write these daily reports for the managers????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

edgy in Montreal, Quebec

88 months ago

Just accepted a position at Deloitte. Good-bye, Chase and good riddance. In my exit interview, the HR woman essentially confided in me how much she hated Chase, which would be funny if that sentiment wasn't mirrored by my manager (VP) and his manager (SVP) in private conversations to me as well. Good luck, Jamie.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

I worked for those maggot farmers in 2000; was dismissed from one site, picked up by a different site in a very bad location. I only lasted three weeks with the new location. They do have a bad attitude, one of the boys there was hit by one of the team leads; I had witnessed that so I decided to walk around to keep myself alert one night. One of the advisors calls my house, whoops and hollers into the phone, tells me I could not be brought back to that place. Who cares anyway? I was later picked up by the state not long after that; JP Morgan Chase stinks and is going to the dogs just like all these other corporations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

candace in Dallas, Texas

86 months ago

you are so right, cheryl K !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

candace in Dallas, Texas said: you are so right, cheryl K !!!

Well, on a happy note, I received an email from one of the managers from the Department of Health and Social Services. I do meet the requirements for a job there, I could be going back to the state. I did try to help the boy get a state job; he hung it up after a week to become a chem tech. It will be the last time I ever do anything for him again. He did not have the courage to run after being beat up by a team lead.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

W@W in Tampa, Florida

85 months ago

I am in training class right now at chase and from what I have been told is that the company weeds out all the losers and only perm hires the good employees.

There are alot of negative comments, Im not sure if you are all the losers that got weeded out, or the company is really like that..

I will be able to tell you all later I guess

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Copiague, New York

85 months ago

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I worked for those maggot farmers in 2000; was dismissed from one site, picked up by a different site in a very bad location. I only lasted three weeks with the new location. They do have a bad attitude, one of the boys there was hit by one of the team leads; I had witnessed that so I decided to walk around to keep myself alert one night. One of the advisors calls my house, whoops and hollers into the phone, tells me I could not be brought back to that place. Who cares anyway? I was later picked up by the state not long after that; JP Morgan Chase stinks and is going to the dogs just like all these other corporations.

Read about my Chase adventure:

sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Copiague, New York

85 months ago

Jay Pee Morgan in Corona, New York said: JP Morgan Chase, "The Stress Factory" "One Firm, One Team, Be A Leader", what a crock of Bull!!! The Right Relationship Is Everything, yeah right what relationship. JPMC management are the worst bunch of users, abusers and back-stabbing two faced sob's to work for. Run if you can!!!

Look what happened to me at Chase:

<sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/after-i-was-fired.html>

<sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/more.html>

<sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/criminal-court-of-city-of-new-york.html>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Livingoffhope. in Miami, Florida

85 months ago

Nice that a loser like you would reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

85 months ago

Livingoffhope. in Miami, Florida said: Nice that a loser like you would reply
Are you making a comment about me or someone else?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cynthia in Miami, Florida

85 months ago

no

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lower Level Employee in Springfield, Missouri

84 months ago

edgy in East Orange, New Jersey said: Sorry, but it's not about "Mother Chase" -- it's about the continuing abuse of employees by corporate America. In my five year tenure, I've seen Chase do the following: take away overtime pay for low-level employees, outsource hundres of employees (some with 20+ years tenure) and in the process reduce the department by 20%, then decide a year later to let them all apply for their old jobs back (but reduce the department by another 20% -- oh, and they all lost credit for their years of service to the bank in the process) then, outsource the entire department to India.

Now, personally, I think this is corporate America run amuck, but regardless of whether you think this is fair or not, the fact remains that it is much harder to get things done around Chase these days than it ever was in the past. Add to that the additional paperwork that Dimon and his minions seem to require at every turn and it is an overall unpleasant place to work. My resume includes experience at Big 4 Consulting firms, large publishing firms and Fortune 500 financial firms and I have *never* seen morale this low anywhere.

uh... you're all pretty much wrong...
i work for JPMorgan Chase in Springfield Missouri and frankly it's the best job I've ever had. Hell I'm making $10.18/hr to do nothing but talk on the phones all day as a card activation advisor... Lower Level employees still get OT pay, and the BT Incentive has just been adjusted so that it's easier to make maximum payout.

Don't speak unless you know what you're talking about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Gabbergool

84 months ago

Currently in Tampa they are using a new method of firing long time employees so that severence packages are not paid out. Here's how it works. You may have four people doing the same job and all four are doing the job well but when reveiw time comes one of the four must be rated an "N" (Not Acceptable). They are then givin 3 months to improve, since improvement is in the tainted eyes of JPM Chase management you are again rated an "N" and fired. I have seen this done to a worker with 25 years at the company. This person was told to get their things and walked out the door. Don't work for this company you will be sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

84 months ago

Lower Level Employee in Springfield, Missouri said: uh... you're all pretty much wrong...
i work for JPMorgan Chase in Springfield Missouri and frankly it's the best job I've ever had. Hell I'm making $10.18/hr to do nothing but talk on the phones all day as a card activation advisor... Lower Level employees still get OT pay, and the BT Incentive has just been adjusted so that it's easier to make maximum payout.

Don't speak unless you know what you're talking about.

You cannot compare what you do to anyone else’s job function and lower level employees is a relative term I was a non officer Sr. Sales Representative who was at a low level compared to the officers and my position did not get paid overtime.

P.S. what you are doing on the phones will probably be outsourced to Canada, India or to one of the work at home outfits in the United States.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

still lower level employee in Springfield, Missouri

84 months ago

you may have been lower than some of the higher ranking guys at chase but you definately weren't a lower level employee. advisors are the low men on the totem pole... however i stillfeel i've been treated with the utmost care at chase...

and how long has the "your job is being outsourced" rumor been flying around? how about all 5 years that i've worked there. considering the money hungry nature of our society, i'm pretty sure the higher-ups at chase realize that they spent alot of money on call centers like the one in springfield... a two building 3 story call center... and frankly they realize that they're losing money by outsourcing then having nothing at all to do with the giant buildings they build as call centers... that would be ignorant. so keep the rumors flying, i'm sure people will continue saying that for the next 20 years to come.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Vicki in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

I worked for the company for seven yrs in the In-Store dept and worked up to be a manager. It was the worse experience I ever had in my life! I managed a location that no one wanted to work at and as a result hade be there all the time because we were short staffed. No one in the district would help my location and they kept asking me to do more. It finally so unbearable that I quit with no other job insight. I tried to hang in until I had another position, but it just didn't happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lilia in Austin, Texas

84 months ago

how much are they paying tellers in Austin????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Norristown, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

I took a job with these lowlifes in 2003 when my hours were cut with my state job. I had to do a drug test along with fingerprinting; would you believe that my drug test came back positive since I take meds for a seizure disorder? I never had that happen in any of my other drug screenings. Needless to say, my access card was never activated (so who needs security anyway - they don't), and I had to yell my head off to get back into my area. One of the onsite reps came up and told me the job was not a good fit for me; she later helped me get my belongings, and I was out of there. I returned to my state job a few days later. Bottom line is don't ever work for these pencil necked geeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

84 months ago

Cheryl K in Delaware in Norristown, Pennsylvania said: I took a job with these lowlifes in 2003 when my hours were cut with my state job. I had to do a drug test along with fingerprinting; would you believe that my drug test came back positive since I take meds for a seizure disorder? I never had that happen in any of my other drug screenings. Needless to say, my access card was never activated (so who needs security anyway - they don't), and I had to yell my head off to get back into my area. One of the onsite reps came up and told me the job was not a good fit for me; she later helped me get my belongings, and I was out of there. I returned to my state job a few days later. Bottom line is don't ever work for these pencil necked geeks.

If you were taking prescription medication for a health disability there would be no reason to terminate you. Did they ask you if you were taking any prescription medication before you took the drug test and did you explain to them that you were on prescription meds after you were terminated?

sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/after-i-was-fired.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jun in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

Sounds like these are complaints about low level jobs which are usually sh1tty anywhere you go. I am interested in the higher end jobs (non sales) anyone have any experiencees?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Shmo in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

My hatered of them was mild before but now it has grown. Congrats to Chase the first company that has inspired me to start my own "Scks" webpage. My hatred of them has brought me to this page and where my hatred of them draws me further. One happy customer tells a couple of people one angry customer tells 30. I dream of the day when the stock goes down to the penny stock level. The money they stole from me in fees I hope will be nothing compared to the money I hope to cost them in lost customers and business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

former emplyee in Vernon Hills, Illinois

84 months ago

David in Tinley Park, Illinois said: The hours are torturous, concern for employee welfare is non-existent and the UK dominated culture is elitist and offensive. Staffing is so lean (the Jamie Dimon effect) as to guarantee that you will rarely see your family, while the boss never misses his 5:30 train. I have to work overtime just trying to keep my staff from walking, because they despise our manager.

this is totally true, its the worst job ive ever had !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

former emplyee in Vernon Hills, Illinois

84 months ago

Vicki in Chicago, Illinois said: I worked for the company for seven yrs in the In-Store dept and worked up to be a manager. It was the worse experience I ever had in my life! I managed a location that no one wanted to work at and as a result hade be there all the time because we were short staffed. No one in the district would help my location and they kept asking me to do more. It finally so unbearable that I quit with no other job insight. I tried to hang in until I had another position, but it just didn't happen.

girl, i know i used to work in the far north instire district of chicago and it was horrible my brnach was always understaffed and the manager had to make up all the extra hours that she quit herself!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Down with JP Morgan Chase!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Dublin, Ohio

83 months ago

jun in Chicago, Illinois said: Sounds like these are complaints about low level jobs which are usually sh1tty anywhere you go. I am interested in the higher end jobs (non sales) anyone have any experiencees?

Actually I was hired as a Senior Manager in the company. I had a female boss(no feminists please) who was a tyrant. Smiling to your face while stabbing you in the back. While I was there I spoke to many Managers and Senior Managers in Chase Ohio and Chase NY and all were scared to speak up for fear of loosing their jobs. The culture and ethics at Chase are very unhealthy. During the very early weeks of my job at Chase I had to fly to a Chase location and lay off a person who was with the company over 40 years. Two weeks pay for every year, their exact words to me was “is this all Chase thinks of me?” The content of the posts here and in other forums are on the mark. Anybody who is thinking of working at Chase please evaluate all of your options. Chase is not the only employer in NY or Ohio.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

gabbergool

83 months ago

Read it and weep.

To All:

I would like to apologize to everyone on the QA staff and the
Development staff for my involvement with the entire off-shoring effort.
I have decided to terminate my employment with JPMC effective immediately
because I can no longer work for a company that demonstrates such
cold-hearted indifference to loyal employees that have given 25, 30, 38
years of exemplary service to the company.
But most of all I want to apologize for being so naive as to actually
believe the two stated reasons for hiring me in the first place:

1). To increase the level of technical expertise of members in the QA
group.

2). To assist an outside group (xxx) in the development of automated
regression tests to be used by the existing QA staff to more adequately
test releases before placing them into production.

In reality, I now know that main purpose for hiring me was to help
the xxx group convince upper management that all QA and Development
activities could be moved offshore to Bangalore, India. The other
secondary purpose for hiring me was to give training classes to the QA
staff and then test the staff using unreasonably difficult questions as a
means of dismissing staff members as "needing improvement". Please
forgive me for my involvement in this whole process. I didn't wake-up and
see the real agenda until about 2 months ago and realize that something
was terribly wrong. Still I chose a few more paychecks rather than
doing the right thing. Please forgive me for this. When xxxxx was
dismissed based on a test I was asked to compose, I could no longer deny my
complicity in this underhanded affair. Since then I have been more
observant and I now realize that the off-shoring effort intends to migrate
all xxxxxxx positions in QA and Development to India. So please be on
the alert and watch what information you share.

It has been a pleasure working with all of you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

JK in Schaumburg, Illinois

83 months ago

former emplyee in Vernon Hills, Illinois said: this is totally true, its the worst job ive ever had !

Be careful before accepting a job there! This was my worst, most unprofessional work experience in decades. It was clear why there were so many job openings and new people.

I was shocked at the frequent verbal abuse and the extremely controlling nature of the managers. If you are a skilled, diligent, responsible person with a strong work ethic you may still be unable to avoid this consistent, negative behaviour. My impression is that there are a set of managers across the country who are trying to emulate Jamie Dimon's style.

Look very closely at the environment and see if it is where you would want to spend your many waking hours - filthy walls that haven't been painted for years, small cubicles with no acoustics where you can literally hear 25 people from your desk. An article was distributed there about being sensitive to your neighbors in other cubes that included a tip like not crunching an apple at your desk because it may be disturbing to others. Very depressing!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

83 months ago

I think the measures that the new CEO has put in place at the branch level are fantastic but if the sales people in the bank are not happy they will leave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

83 months ago

You will get back what you give.

Read about what happened to me at Chase:

sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/porn-star-recruiter-at-jp-morgan.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steph chasebank in tampa, Florida

79 months ago

To: NCVR Staff
From: Sandra Broderick
CC: Mike Bartel, Victoria Colvin
Date: December 11, 2007
Re: 2008 National Collections and Vehicle Remarketing Holiday Schedule

In 2008 National Collections and Vehicle Remarketing (NCVR) will not follow the traditional Federal holiday schedule. We are making the change to optimize business performance. Additionally, the NCVR 2008 holiday schedule will provide NCVR staff with more flexibility to schedule time off. Business Partner.

NCVR Centers will be open on the following Federal holidays in 2008. All NCVR employees will work their regularly scheduled hours.
Monday, January 21st œ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Monday, February 18thœ Presidents Day
Monday, May 26thœ Memorial Day
Friday, July 4thœ 4th of July
Monday, September 1stœ Labor Day
Monday, October 13thœ Columbus Day
Tuesday, November 11thœ Veterans Day

Full-time employees who work on these dates will receive regular pay for the day, plus a floating holiday*. Part-time salaried employees who work on the designated dates will receive regular pay for the day, plus a floating holiday* if regularly scheduled workday. Full-time employees who work a non-traditional workweek will receive a certain number of floating holidays* and firm-observed holidays based on the number of days they work per week. The floating holidays can be scheduled after each holiday occurs. For example, floating holidays earned for the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and Presidents Day holidays can be scheduled anytime after each holiday occurs until December 31, 2008. Floating holidays earned for Columbus Day and Veterans Day can be scheduled anytime after the holiday occurs until March 31, 2009.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steph chasebank in tampa, Florida

79 months ago

The above note was entered by a Tampa employee and part of the actual memo sent out to Chase employees as they announce they are taking away Federal Holidays! Don't buy Chase products.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

carmen p in Westlake, Ohio

78 months ago

still lower level employee in Springfield, Missouri said: you may have been lower than some of the higher ranking guys at chase but you definately weren't a lower level employee. advisors are the low men on the totem pole... however i stillfeel i've been treated with the utmost care at chase...

and how long has the "your job is being outsourced" rumor been flying around? how about all 5 years that i've worked there. considering the money hungry nature of our society, i'm pretty sure the higher-ups at chase realize that they spent alot of money on call centers like the one in springfield... a two building 3 story call center... and frankly they realize that they're losing money by outsourcing then having nothing at all to do with the giant buildings they build as call centers... that would be ignorant. so keep the rumors flying, i'm sure people will continue saying that for the next 20 years to come.

Hmmm, you've worked there for 5 years and you're making $10.18 and hour? No comment is really needed for that one.....
It is hard to take your comments as being intelligent when it is obvious that, after 5 yrs of answering phones and doing mind-numbing work at a palrty rate, you have no further aspirations. And yes, your job will be outsourced, it is just a matter of time. And no, I'm afraid your position will be outsourced long before 20 years, so you will have to find a new lifelong career.

Please don't speak on things YOU know nothing about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mepasiko03 in Washington, Michigan

78 months ago

Carmen-
I have worked at Chase for about a year and a half while I'm completing my degree in Econ. And I've held what would be considered a "lower-tier" position at Chase, first as a part time teller, and now as a Telephone Banker.
Honestly I will say at that at the retail level, I hated my job. My management was horrible and I was treated like dirt. I took a job in telephone banking because I needed the flexibility with school and it enabled me to have more hours.

Now from the stand point of working with the company for a short time and knowing a bit about managerial accounting I can tell you that they won't be outsourcing anytime soon.

Training costs and the overhead that would be required to build locations in India would certainly exceed the costs of keeping the locations that they currently have... one reason being is most of the telephone based areas are pretty profitable and another reason is they have now extended the training programs at the telephone level to include an "apprenticeship" program for all new hires that extends the training process from 25 buisness days to about 90 days. The costs of this program are considerable, because not only are they not forcing the newly hired bankers to meet the higher standards of before, but also the additional managerial salaries for supervision and coaching of these members of the "apprenticeship" program. And this is a preventative measure.

Long story short, outsourcing is not going to happen any time soon. And although there have been recent changes made to the incentive plan to reduce the importance of the quality control factor to motivate the bankers to sell more, you have to remember that JPMorgan Chase is not a non-profit entity. They are here to make money and they need to reduce future costs and increase sales. If you hate the corporate way of life, put on some bell-bottoms and go work for a non-profit credit union. You act as though you don't know how large scale corporatations work...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

doug wilson in Schaumburg, Illinois

78 months ago

save your breath bro, you're preaching to the choir. if you notice carmen has posted replies on every topic in the past 3 days. obviously this guy is a disgruntled worker who has no idea how the business world works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dbrn in Farmington, West Virginia

74 months ago

Can anyone give me the phone number for the Director of the Call Center in the Springfield, MO, office, or perhaps the human resources phone number? Any assistance would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

wouldn't want to be rehired in Springfield, Missouri

74 months ago

whoever you are in springfield. WOW. if you were "treated with the upmost respect" they must have overfilled your scripts. not one single person at JP MORGAN CHASE is SPRINGFIELD MO treats anyone with respect. all the company does is hire the most uneductated mangers who can't do or understand there jobs. so screw everyone who works there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wouldn't want to be rehired in Springfield, Missouri

74 months ago

Lower Level Employee in Springfield, Missouri said: uh... you're all pretty much wrong...
i work for JPMorgan Chase in Springfield Missouri and frankly it's the best job I've ever had. Hell I'm making $10.18/hr to do nothing but talk on the phones all day as a card activation advisor... Lower Level employees still get OT pay, and the BT Incentive has just been adjusted so that it's easier to make maximum payout.

Don't speak unless you know what you're talking about.

OH and you that makes 10.18 and hour your getting RIPPED I made 12.88 and did nothing but sit on the phone all day as well. so your not real bright either and I DO KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wouldn't want to be rehired in Springfield, Missouri

74 months ago

dbrn in Farmington, West Virginia said: Can anyone give me the phone number for the Director of the Call Center in the Springfield, MO, office, or perhaps the human resources phone number? Any assistance would be appreciated.

4172256004 springfield and push the num 3 i think it's the one that says if system errors are affecting so many advisors it's that one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

wouldn't want to be rehired in Springfield, Missouri

74 months ago

does anyone know the number or address to the corporate human resources dept. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tracy Bailey in Jacksonville, Florida

61 months ago

i was fired by stefani goodloe in jacksonville, fl for not working on saturday after i addressed the issue with her 3 times, even documented it in email. thank god since i printed it out as well. i turned it over to a labor law attorney and he said since she knew i had a small child and didn't have daycare for him and kids are strictly not allowed in the building that this is discrimination if nothing else. also, if you fire someone for something, then you better be ready to apply it to all. some managers did not even ask their teams to work yet this woman fired me for it? i was onsite contractor but it doesn't matter because perms, temps, corporate staff all get treated like crap.....there is no moral at this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

McWageSlage in Mesa, Arizona

57 months ago

I went to a job fair for chase in Phoenix. Everything went well and the interviewer was friendly and professional. I got the call 5 days later to say I was being offered the job.
The recruiter spend 20 minutes explaining to me how I could be fired for lateness, absenteeism, non pro-formance, breathing, thinking, chewing...etc...Oh well, that's to be expected it's corporate america, sad but, expected. Then, the big Whammo!! You will have 2 weeks held back and should not expect a paycheck for around 4-5 weeks???? Huh, I asked dumbfounded. Well, you fall into a off pay cycle (they pay twice a month) okay, but what about withholding 2 weeks pay? I didn't get a straight answer about the "pay holdback" which I always assumed was illegal but, I guess not.

I was just thunderstruck. How am I going to get to work, without any pay for 5 weeks? Last time I checked, work = paycheck to buy stuff.

Also, the job would be collecting on past due mortgages. Their pay policy would make a homeowner late on their mortgage payment. So, in essence, their PAY POLICY would be the CAUSE of late payments.

Chase is pathetic and irresponsible. If that's what you get before you even walk through the door, I can only imagine the bloody horror show that would await me as an employee. I don't hate myself enough to take a job like that. Maybe it will have more of an appeal when I am homeless and eating my dinner out of a trashcan. (no offense to the homeless)

Stay the away from these corporate slags. Nobody deserves that kind of treatment. Think better of yourself and don't allow yourself to used to futher their already overflowing coffers. Bleack!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.