Thanks

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Andrew in Columbus, Ohio

92 months ago

I was suspicious of why JP Morgan Chase constantly has so many openings. I figured it was a bad working environment, and I guess your emails say it all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

J. Smith in Columbus, Ohio

92 months ago

Turnover there is horrible. Absolutely a bad working environment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ooo in Somerdale, New Jersey

91 months ago

Andrew said: I was suspicious of why JP Morgan Chase constantly has so many openings. I figured it was a bad working environment, and I guess your emails say it all.

You are absolutely right!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

William in Carol Stream, Illinois

88 months ago

I worked there for 14 months, and the last six, I had senority over virtually everyone there.

It's definately low end on the pay scale, the bonuses are dangled carrots that never really happen (they claim you can do this & that, but then find phantom ways for you to lose them), and the corporate mentality is suffocating.

Unless you're desperate for work, I would avoid these people. However, based on my experience, they'll hire just about anyone, so if you are desperate, it's a good place to go until you find a real job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jet in New York, New York

88 months ago

They are a mess!!! They con people in with these IBML Scanning Positions and then send them to Pre-Extract mail! They are VERY disorganized! NEVER apply and spread the word!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LaRoi in Bronx, New York

88 months ago

My wife is a JP Morgan vet, (24 years) The JP is now trying to fire her or force her to quit. When she first started in banking it was Chemical Bank, then Manufacturer hanover's, then Chase, now JP Morgan, merged with bank One. New systems, new processes, more mistakes. This bank despite all the ATMs in Manhattan is not a people-oriented bank.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wr in Freehold, New Jersey

87 months ago

William in Carol Stream, Illinois said: I worked there for 14 months, and the last six, I had senority over virtually everyone there.

It's definately low end on the pay scale, the bonuses are dangled carrots that never really happen (they claim you can do this & that, but then find phantom ways for you to lose them), and the corporate mentality is suffocating.

Unless you're desperate for work, I would avoid these people. However, based on my experience, they'll hire just about anyone, so if you are desperate, it's a good place to go until you find a real job.

My advise is not to go there at all. They will back stab you when you look for a new job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Dracut, Massachusetts

87 months ago

Andrew in Columbus, Ohio said: I was suspicious of why JP Morgan Chase constantly has so many openings. I figured it was a bad working environment, and I guess your emails say it all.

This is the reason why there are so many posts

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

me in Springfield, Missouri

87 months ago

IN my training class there were 23 of us after a year there were only 6 of us left after 2 years I was the only one left any where in the bank. Yes they do have a very high rate of turn over but some can make while others bail. it is all up to you , you can move every year and learn as much as you can but you can not have a bad yearly reveiw ever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

D. STEWART in Marietta, Georgia

86 months ago

Ditto to everything that I've read.

My wife worked in the Smyrna office of Chase. She had 15 years
experience and had received many awards for good service. A
new manager came in and immediately began to pressure her out.
The false reports, the outright lies against my wife, are all
documented in a large box in my office. Looking at the comments from all over the nation, I must conclude that this is a higher management thing. The little management team that
runs the Smyrna office couldn't manage the distribution of
food at a dog pound

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

86 months ago

LaRoi in Bronx, New York said: My wife is a JP Morgan vet, (24 years) The JP is now trying to fire her or force her to quit. When she first started in banking it was Chemical Bank, then Manufacturer hanover's, then Chase, now JP Morgan, merged with bank One. New systems, new processes, more mistakes. This bank despite all the ATMs in Manhattan is not a people-oriented bank.

You truly understand they are a bush of blood s*cking leaches and I would advise anyone who is looking to work there to have a plan save some money and move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Down with JP Morgan Chase

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sam Jennings in Paramus, New Jersey

86 months ago

I used to work at Bank of New York (which is now Chase) when I was in college. I actually loved it. They were very flexible with my schedule, great people (there were a few that I could care less for, but thats everywhere). I worked both in the regional office with upper management and in branches when they were short staffed. Incentives (bonuses) depend on how much sales you accomplish (everytime you open an accout, etc, its coded with your individual employee ID number). I think the biggest complaint was when we were going thru conversion and there was a lack of communication during some of the changes. Overall it was a great experience. I left because I had graduated college and was a fashion major. I would definitely go back if I had to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

joel in Amityville, New York

84 months ago

Jet in New York, New York said: They are a mess!!! They con people in with these IBML Scanning Positions and then send them to Pre-Extract mail! They are VERY disorganized! NEVER apply and spread the word!!

newhire.jpmorganchase.com/welcomenewhire/docs/Welcome2007.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Diane C in Brooklyn, New York

77 months ago

Jet in New York, New York said: They are a mess!!! They con people in with these IBML Scanning Positions and then send them to Pre-Extract mail! They are VERY disorganized! NEVER apply and spread the word!!

Sounds like the Brooklyn Metrotech site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

westcoast_neebie in Woodland Hills, California

71 months ago

joel in Amityville, New York said: newhire.jpmorganchase.com/welcomenewhire/docs/Welcome2007.pdf

Would you happen to have the comp plan for the branch managers? I am curious as to what their incentives look like and if you have any ideas as to what their base pay looks like that would be really helpful, thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.