assessment questionnaire for personal bankers (I failed - passed the first time though)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Michael Pait in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

1) A person asks you a question to open a checking account?

Provide the customer with information about checking accounts

2) What type of person would be best suited to help someone with banking services?

a) knows banking products very well
b) asks alot of questions to determine the customers needs
c)worked in a bank for many years
d) listens to customers questions

I put b - because you clearly wanna know what kind of balances they are keeping. Take advantage of free checks and so fourth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

How hard is it to change someones mind?

a) Impossible
b) Some people have open minds
>c) some people are open to suggestions and can make decisions based off that
d) it is not hard to influence others

I would figure that anytime someone is making a decision in order for it to be a wise decision most people make assesments and judgements based on benefits and faults and make a determination from there.

I find it hard to finish assignments when there is no deadline to meet?

a) agree
b) somewhat agree
c) disagree somewhat
>d) strongly disagree
e) don't agree or disagree

I would say if someone doesn't do anything at all to the point they cannot even accomplish a simple minute task then they are borderline stupid.

To be most successfull in sales a person must

a) Talk to as many customers as possible
b) selling the highest price service
c) adding stuff with base purchases
>d) building repore
e) I dont know

I put d - most people or almost all people like when someone takes the time to develope a level of trust to ensure that they are not being ripped off. Talking to alot of people is also fine if you can do both even better, but it also makes the customer feel unappreciated to an extent.
adding stuff is not cool - people have done this to me before when I opened checking accounts, my boss does this where he'll just change someone's long distance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

How often do you compare products and services
a) never
b) rarely
c) sometimes
d) reguarly
>e) always

I would say always - even when buying a ties - you want something nice but also something cheap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

The first step in making starting a new assignment is?
a) The easiest
>b) what should be done first
>c) plan it out mentally
>d) write and outline and tackle tasks that should be completed in a specific order
e) no first step

I think I put d to show that I would be willing to take my time and do things right, clearly if it is obvious what must be done first then it would be b- or if it is something that you can put diffrent portions on your desk and complete them like that I would say c and keep notes in your brain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

The next question is how much in life is goal setting or luck

I put 100% goal setting and 0% luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

How often do you accept personal responsibilty for mistakes when others are involved.

I put almost all of the time - there is no response for everytime - surely if you make mistakes at work then you want to make sure that you do not make the same mistakes and take initiative and say hey I messed up. Granted the domino effect. However it is your career.

First reactions are usually the best solution

I put agree - kind of nuetral type answer - if it is related to temper or something then it is no - however most people evaluate what they are doing.

In front of a customer it is most important to be
>A) self confident
b) organized
c) humble
d) successfull
e)that you are listening

Clearly you don't wanna seem like a mute, but definetly self confident and knoledgable. That you are listening some people or customers can be like "he/she is not paying attention to me" I sold computers for many years and do to the level of business there are times when I would sometimes say I already know what you are going to say so let me answer your question for you. and someone said hey slow down and listen. But it kept my sales up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

I will put the rest of the results up. But these are the easiest questions in the world I do not even understand how I failed this test.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

I don't know if any of you know the HR department - she called me this afternoon at the worst time - my phone was cutting out and I was dumfounded. I did not even remember taking the test and then it was like you failed and I was like that is impossible. I know it is some form of psychoskematic assesment of someones personality but I dont even understand how it is possible to get a bad score. My managers always treated me like a moron when i messed up, but this is mental it is like ok I worked for the tresuary, I sold computers, I worked in sales for years and I rocked the house when I worked at WAMU and IBC. I never had so much fun in my life working. but this is rediculous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

nicco in Phoenix, Arizona

82 months ago

Michael Pait in Houston, Texas said: 3) Most people work with maximum supervision (I work well by myself - but most others dont) - i think when I took the test I put minimal

4) most important to being successfull

I put keeping track of detail
other choices are
>a) keeping track of detail
b) Be consistent
c) be patient
d) understand how other people feel

You must understand that they aren't looking for an answer of how people are, but how you perceive them. In this case (#3) you would want to put minimum supervision for most people as you perceive most people to be honest & motivated - If you perceive most people to be lazy & liars (or what not) they will know that you have a bad perception of people in general or are trying to categorize 'most people' in the category that you fall into...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

nicco in Phoenix, Arizona

82 months ago

BTW, when ever they ask about a customer, the safest response would be that you listen or understand them (forget knowing the products or needs) - Customer service means LISTENING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.