chase and bad credit

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

karen in Thornton, Illinois

75 months ago

I have applied for a job with chase and I have bad credit. Does a poor credit history have a barrier w/employment for this company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

SNKZTN04 in Canal Winchester, Ohio

72 months ago

All banks/financial institutions consider past credit as an employment decision. Many will not hire someone that has had bad credit. They consider someone with bad credit a "risk." Whether that is fraud or theft, it's all in where they consider the risk. This isn't only with positions that handle money within the bank either. Overall, they don't like the appearance of someone not being able to handle their own expenses when dealing with someone elses. Bottom line is having good credit if you want to work in this field. Many other fields are going the same direction for the same reasons. I've seen many turned away for employment due to bad credit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

SNKZTN04 in Canal Winchester, Ohio

72 months ago

All banks/financial institutions consider past credit as an employment decision. Many will not hire someone that has had bad credit. They consider someone with bad credit a "risk." Whether that is fraud or theft, it's all in where they consider the risk. This isn't only with positions that handle money within the bank either. Overall, they don't like the appearance of someone not being able to handle their own expenses when dealing with someone elses. Bottom line is having good credit if you want to work in this field. Many other fields are going the same direction for the same reasons. I've seen many turned away for employment due to bad credit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

catwoman63 in Scottsdale, Arizona

58 months ago

I was just hired as a Personal Banker with Chase. I will begin my training/study for the licenses in about a week. Currently my credit is good. However, due to the Arizona real estate market and the length of time it took me to get a job I may have to file bankruptcy before I take the licensing test.

Does anyone know if a bankruptcy must be disclosed in connection with obtaining your 6 and 63 licensing? I do know that it is against the bankruptcy law to fire an employee because they file bankruptcy. An employor may decline to hire someone if they have a bankruptcy but once employed, cannot fire someone for filing. I'm wondering though if there is an exception if bankruptcy is filed during the 90 day "probationary" period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LuLopez in New York, New York

58 months ago

Bankruptcies need to be disclosed on your U4. You'll probably fill out your U4 your first or second day of studying. Since you haven't filed yet you can answer no to that question...but you are supposed to update your U4 when any new events occur.

I know people who were denied PB positions for issues with their background checks, but they weren't just credit issues.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Catwoman63 in Scottsdale, Arizona

58 months ago

LuLopez in New York, New York said: Bankruptcies need to be disclosed on your U4. You'll probably fill out your U4 your first or second day of studying. Since you haven't filed yet you can answer no to that question...but you are supposed to update your U4 when any new events occur.

I know people who were denied PB positions for issues with their background checks, but they weren't just credit issues.

Thank you so much! Your information was very helpful. I just passed my background checks and am officially hired. Won't be filing bk for at least 6 weeks.
Thanks again!

LuLopez in New York, New York

58 months ago

No problem. Good luck with the exams, as long as you are doing well on the practice exams you should be okay!

jvaloff in Santa Ana, California

43 months ago

karen in Thornton, Illinois said: I have applied for a job with chase and I have bad credit. Does a poor credit history have a barrier w/employment for this company?

did you get the job?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.