How to get a job at JPMorgan Chase.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 62 of 62)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Lr in Columbus, Ohio

41 months ago

TLO in Columbus, Ohio said: Thanks for the advice....The only problem is I cannot and I repeat cannot get a job, even with the Master's degree. I have been out of work for 2 years. I thought it would be easy to get an entry level job there and maybe work my way up Wrong!! For some reason when companies see Master's degree they think they'll have to pay a huge salary...

dumb down your resume-companies do not seem to want to hire smart people-once you are on board let them know how educated and smart you are

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony W in Columbus, Ohio

41 months ago

Have had two interviews... one with my would-be boss (last Wednesday) and the second with his boss (in his presence), which was yesterday. Both went very well. My would-be boss was practically excited to see me yesterday, started talking about pay, start-date, drug screen, basically got the job 100%. He said they'd reach a decision today and have HR call me the next day (today). Told me not leave them, stay atleast a year, etc. He called me today instead of HR and said that they need a week or two to "approve the position" and that he/his manager started the process this morning. Any word of advice on this? A little about me -- college student, position fits perfectly with my schedule, pay is excellent, in my field of study, basically a dream job if I could think of one right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

NYC gal in New York, New York

41 months ago

TLO in Columbus, Ohio said: Thanks for the advice....The only problem is I cannot and I repeat cannot get a job, even with the Master's degree. I have been out of work for 2 years. I thought it would be easy to get an entry level job there and maybe work my way up Wrong!! For some reason when companies see Master's degree they think they'll have to pay a huge salary...

you are either lying or are completely brainless if you have a master's degree and want to get a job as a peon personal banker at chase

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

blackballled in Mesa, Arizona

40 months ago

Be very careful working for Chase. They are back stabbers and liars. The stomp all over the discrmination laws and will trump up charges to write you up or fire you if there is a hint you are displeased. You will only advance if you suck up and are young and beautiful. In a 3 year tnere I was Employee of the Month 6 times and top producer for 11 months. I went to HR to because of inappropiate jokes and emails inflicted on a fellow emplyee who was constantly in tears over it. I gave HR a copy of all the picture and emails. They in turn told my VP of my claims. I fought the subsequent ILLEGAL retributions from my VP all the way up to Jamie Dimon. The issue was tuened over too HR who only thanked me and closed the case. NOTHING CHANGES. I am now unemployable and about to loose everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cin in Delray Beach, Florida

27 months ago

I got a call from a recruiter today, I had applied for the teller position, this is what they asked me

1.why do you want to be a teller at chase?
2.are you fluent in any other language beside english?
3.have you ever balanced your own cash draw?
4.have there ever been a difference when balancing if so what was it?
5.how much cash have you handled during a day?
then they told me about the duties of a teller at chase and asked if Ican handle I said yes.
hope this can help someone out, cause this was basically a phone interview.

the last thing she said was she will forward my info to the bank I had applied and if they like my info, they will call me for an Interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Looking for a Solution in Brooklyn, New York

27 months ago

Hello everyone. About a month ago I applied to a personal banker position at chase. I completed the assessment and then proceeded to submit my application. When I tried to do so it said: Assessment not completed. I went back to see if I must take the assessment again. This time it said: Assessment is completed, you do not need to take the assessment again. I call chase and they assure me that the assessment can be seen by the hiring managers. I found out today that the reason no one has contacted me was because they said I never took the assessment. I tried to see if I would have the same problem again and applied to another location today. Yes once again it stopped me when submitting and made me go through the whole loop. It says I have not completed the assessment but won't let me take the assessment either when I try (says I took it already). Someone please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

af in Columbus, Ohio

22 months ago

Looking for a Solution in Brooklyn, New York said: Hello everyone. About a month ago I applied to a personal banker position at chase . I completed the assessment and then proceeded to submit my application. When I tried to do so it said: Assessment not completed. I went back to see if I must take the assessment again. This time it said: Assessment is completed, you do not need to take the assessment again. I call chase and they assure me that the assessment can be seen by the hiring managers. I found out today that the reason no one has contacted me was because they said I never took the assessment. I tried to see if I would have the same problem again and applied to another location today. Yes once again it stopped me when submitting and made me go through the whole loop. It says I have not completed the assessment but won't let me take the assessment either when I try (says I took it already). Someone please help.

I have the same exact problem. Poor website support on their career page. I suggest contacting the branch where you applied

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Tampa, Florida

22 months ago

Host said: Do you work at JPMorgan Chase ? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I worked as a contractor at Chase and left back in 2006. The place was a total temp factory here in Tampa. All they wanted was warm bodies from temp agencies. No benefits and no paid vacation or holidays. Great deal for Chase. Bad deal for the worker. But of course that was not cheap enough, they eventually outsourced over 2000 jobs to India.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Charlotte, North Carolina

15 months ago

///////

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Which way to turn... in Wayne, Pennsylvania

14 months ago

My company just had a blood bath and cut 40% of the jobs. I would probably take a position at Chase right now because I am married with four kids and can't find a permanent position anywhere. I have worked in the Pharma industry for 30 years now and made a pretty good salary. So, between my high salary and my age i.e over 45 I can't even get an interview or call back. You only have one person to blame for all this mess as it relates to no on being able to find a job and all the job cuts in the US. Yes you guessed it, OBAMA!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

14 months ago

Which way to turn... in Wayne, Pennsylvania said: My company just had a blood bath and cut 40% of the jobs. I would probably take a position at Chase right now because I am married with four kids and can't find a permanent position anywhere. I have worked in the Pharma industry for 30 years now and made a pretty good salary. So, between my high salary and my age i.e over 45 I can't even get an interview or call back. You only have one person to blame for all this mess as it relates to no on being able to find a job and all the job cuts in the US. Yes you guessed it, OBAMA!!!!!

Obama blames Bush. LOL!

Actually, the "blood bath" started with Reagan. Its just hitting you now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gone4good in Columbus, Ohio

14 months ago

Host said: Do you work at JPMorgan Chase ? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Please don't glorify Chase. They really are NOT that good of a company to work for. I worked for them for over 7 years and finally left. Chase will treat you like utter crap unless you are a (big time) "butt-kisser" to them, and you strive to work like a dog, and do not have a life outside of them. The only people who really get ahead there are "butt kissers," and "gossips." The people there love to gossip. I mean it. They love to stab you in the back. People will pretend to be your best friend, then will go behind your back and tell everyone everything you told them about your life. I mean it, you cannot trust anyone there! It is a VERY cut-throat environment. You would be much, much better off to work for a smaller bank, or even a retail outlet or a restaurant. Plus you will not make a lot of money with Chase either. They don't like to give big raises, and they love to ask people to do a ton of over time, but then when the need for production is down, they will want to send you home early. They do NOT, I repeat, do NOT care about you a a person...at all. They only care about making money, and having power and prestige in the community. They put on a big show with commercials in order to pull people in so they can suck as much money out of them as possible. Plus they are outsourcing most all of their jobs overseas. Do you really want to work for someone like this? I was NEVER proud to work for them....so I left....thanks God!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.