How many PVC's

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

defranco50 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Can someone detail for me how many PVC's are awarded for different services and accounts? Thanks a bunch!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Michael Blendon in Chicago, Illinois

83 months ago

as soon as you start selling the heck out of a certain product, chase will change the commission structure so that you don't get paid nearly as much on it the following year. good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

FightBack in I am the real FightBack, New York

83 months ago

Michael Blendon in Chicago, Illinois said: as soon as you start selling the heck out of a certain product, chase will change the commission structure so that you don't get paid nearly as much on it the following year. good luck!

That is so true!

sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/

joel031.vox.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Wow what garbage. does that look depressing or what?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

susieskeptic in Lieu, Illinois

82 months ago

You have no idea how depressing it is. I hear that Fannie Mac in new york gets her pvc's from a bunch of Chinese mafioso. I know a girl here who worked near her in NY. It's pathetic. I know banker that are the TOP in their branches because they sign people up for Debit Rewards Cards. It's pathetic how slowly the "PVC's" add up. THey just DON'T. When I left I was making the most in an affluent district of my branch... six bankers have LEFT in the last 4 months because it SUX.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anon in Chicago, Illinois

81 months ago

two questions:

1) Does Chase charge it's customers to sign up for online billpay? I think it is interesting that you get 25 points for online billpay but only 5 points for a new checking account.

2) do you have to try to sell credit life/disability with every closed line/loan?

At my bank, U.S. Bank, I had to go to class to "learn" how to sell this over and over - no one in our branch could sell it unless they lied and said it made your loan payment if you lost your job ( which it didn't!) I refused to lie to sell anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

If things are still the same as they were several years back, then there is no charge to the customer for online bill pay. I think the reason that online bill pay is 25 PVC's is because it is what Chase calls a "sticky" product, meaning once the customer starts using that service, they are much more likely to stay with Chase and the hope is always to get them to bring their other assets over (if they can be duped). As for new checking accounts paying only 5 PVC's, that still doesn't make any sense to me, as that is the bread and butter of the retail side's value. It is yet another example of Chase being cheap to it's employees. They really should be paying out higher commission on those.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

btw, I hated hearing the term "sticky product" when I worked at Chase and I hate it to this day, so I apologize to anyone who cringed upon hearing it, I feel your pain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

GSlevine in baltimore, Maryland

81 months ago

anon in Chicago, Illinois said: two questions:

1) Does Chase charge it's customers to sign up for online billpay? I think it is interesting that you get 25 points for online billpay but only 5 points for a new checking account.

2) do you have to try to sell credit life/disability with every closed line/loan?

At my bank, U.S. Bank, I had to go to class to "learn" how to sell this over and over - no one in our branch could sell it unless they lied and said it made your loan payment if you lost your job ( which it didn't!) I refused to lie to sell anything.

Chase does not charge to sign up for bill pay as long as they have direct deposit into their checking account. As for the more PVC's received for bill pay versus checking accounts is because Chase likes to call them "sticky products" because consumers are all flies and we should trap them so they are uneducated about other great banks that may be out there. Yup, and another crappy thing is the insurance on loans, little did I know that it doesn't pay for the loan. I made that mistake when the lady I closed the loan on called me to tell me her husband died, however it was not an accidental death as he had history of being ill. That place is a scam, and look at the comments posted on here, it seems that 90% are negative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

idealistic but cynical in Chicago suburb, Illinois

80 months ago

GSlevine in baltimore, Maryland said: Chase does not charge to sign up for bill pay as long as they have direct deposit into their checking account. As for the more PVC's received for bill pay versus checking accounts is because Chase likes to call them "sticky products" because consumers are all flies and we should trap them so they are uneducated about other great banks that may be out there. Yup, and another crappy thing is the insurance on loans, little did I know that it doesn't pay for the loan. I made that mistake when the lady I closed the loan on called me to tell me her husband died, however it was not an accidental death as he had history of being ill. That place is a scam, and look at the comments posted on here, it seems that 90% are negative.

Being a Personal Banker would be such a nice job if they would just let you sell to each customer a product they actually need and not have call nights for telemarketing - who wants people calling them during dinnertime at home for banking needs? And if they didn't require you to sell that credit life/disability to loan customers - which basically protects the bank from having more defaulted loans and provides fee income for the bank. If the customer needs credit life/disability insurance so badly, maybe they should not be approved for the loan. I guess that wouldn't work because the customer would just go across the street and get a loan there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jana73 in Des Plaines, Illinois

80 months ago

I need to find out how many questions are in chase test
I went today and there were 26 math questions , no any other questions whatsoever.
I was told that I did not pass the test, but no one showed me proof that i did not pass the test. I don't know what i did wrong and I did right. I was offered different position (low pay) but did not accept it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

You should have your lawyer send a written request directly to the person who you've been in contact with at chase to send you your official results. or just take their word for it, consider it a blessing that you didn't end up working at chase, and move on. that place will destroy your spirit and will make you hate your life and yourself.

david earl in Phoenix, Arizona

80 months ago

as long as you know that the incentive plan for chase bankers will change and can adapt with it instead of complaining about it you can have a successful career. Things always change. Fanny man is not successful due to anything other than the fact that she works her rear end off every day and adapts. I am successful year over year in a slow area in phoenix because I work hard day in and day out.

80 months ago

so david earl, you enjoy being rewarded for your hard work and good selling ability by being paid less and less each year on the products you develop skills in selling? what a morale boosting method for chase to employ- "thanks for doing such a great job last year. in fact, you did such a great job that we're going to pay you less next year on the products you sold very well." what a way to show their appreciation. in reality, this is a method that a company would only use when dealing with positions that are expendible. b/c they know that if you don't like it and leave, they can easily get someone else to come through the revolving door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

david earl in Phoenix, Arizona

78 months ago

Wow. apparently I hit a hot button with you, Mr. Ohio. All i am saying is that regardless of how upset you are, you are a product of the corporate world, and you can either complain about something that will not change or defy it and be successful for yourself. FYI-there are no perfect jobs. Companies are in business for making money. that is the bottom line. I am choosing to not let it own me. By the way, Chase-away....Do you still have a job? Seems like life a Chase did not go well for you. College was good to me. How is G.E.D. life going for you? Did Wendy's promote you from the night shift yet?

Michael, I understand YOUR frustration, but you cannot exclude Chase as a lone assassin. Insurance companies, banks, hotels, marketing departments are all designed to pump up their best sales people to make lots of money for the corporation. I am not in denial of it...I just choose to play my own game. I take care of my family, with my hard work and keep it all in perspective. I am only expendable if I decide I am. But, like I said, I understand your frustration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chase----away customers in columbus, Ohio

78 months ago

apparently I must have been the one to hit a button with you david earl. i am sorry i said you didn't go to college when you probably just received an associate's degree from some dumpy community college. only after you received YOUR g.e.d. of course. funny that a lowly pb for chase like yourself would claim that i work a wendy's however. i got a good chuckle out of that. and no, i do not want to open a HELOC through you or invest any of my assets with your branch's FA. keep plugging away, your a dime a dozen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

chasewidow, I am sorry to hear about your Vegas weekend being snatched away, but it is good to hear that sc*mbags like Fanny Man are exposed and punished as they should be. People like that act like they are so valuable to an organization and that they should be revered- when in fact they are amoral criminals who were probably lucky to have graduated from junior high. So a big "F**K YOU" to fanny man, may you become a door-to-door insurance salesperson you pond sc*m.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.