How probable do you think it would be for me to get a job at JP Morgan or any other financial institution?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Michael Pait in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

Employment Experience:

1) Currently calling customer's of AT&T California and merging their current legacy services to the new services that AT&T offers. Either pulling current billing statements or accessing what features or needs that they currently have. Offering high speed Internet options such as DSL and Web Hosting.

2) Answered calls in references to current status on Accidental Death and Dismemberment policies. Verifying that the claims department has all the components needed to process the claim, including all forms from the hospital and all claim forms from the person who is filing the claim.

3) Selling members of the Better Business Bureau in Clear Water, Florida advertising options either online with Google or YellowPageCity. Also selling actual physical hard copy advertising options with the Better Business Bureau Buyer's Guide.

4) Tracking freight from international countries, mostly freight being shipped by BroyHill Furniture. Verifying contents of the containers, which carrier is shipping the contents and auditing the tax codes depending on what product is being shipped and forwarding that information to the Department of Homeland Security and US Customs.

5) Handling disaster relief aid for victims of Hurricane Katrina, presenting follow-ups with FEMA and the Red Cross. Also appropriating calls from people receiving Social Security and processing their financial information so they can receive money electronically instead of their original check.

6) Basic Combat Training Brigade - Fort Benning, Georgia - Basic combat training for urban and terrain specific warfare. Restraints and ethical treatment of enemy prisoners of war. Weapons and fire-arm training, grenade training and physical aptitude tests to ensure physical stamina and agility.

7) Washington Mutual retail locations have their own form of loan agreements that differ greatly from any other form of loan agreements I have seen before. My duties included proofing the loan ag

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

7) Washington Mutual retail locations have their own form of loan agreements that differ greatly from any other form of loan agreements I have seen before. My duties included proofing the loan agreement for the along, deed of trust, legal description, the original note. Once the context of the agreement has been confirmed then endorse that loan agreement and forward it to the permanent underwriter. I was the middle man in a massive purging operation to relocate their Mortgage Banker Warehouse office from the Greenway Plaza to Dallas, Texas.

8) Answered incoming calls pretraining to general account activity questions such as balances, checks that have cleared and other questions that are presented on typical banking customer service lines. Also was responsible for paying and returning all transactions in the Houston market that exceeded the overdraft limit for the entire Houston market. This also includes accounts that pull funds from reserve accounts or money market accounts.

9) Sales of used and new computers, basically assessing what the clients budget is and what they need the system for and generating a custom built system based on what would be most cost effective for the money. Other technical specifications included maintaining networks, initial diagnostics and offering support to customers who needed support for the products that they purchased.

84 months ago

Better Business Bureau/Consumer Guide Inc. - February 2007 through March 2007
 Contact members of the Better Business Bureau to inform them they are in good standing and do not have any complaints or anything of that nature against them.
 Inform them that 8 out of 10 people would rather do business with someone who is a member then someone has who is not a member of the bureau.
 The Better Business Bureau distributes over 50,000 copies of the Buyer's Guide in different locations throughout the United States. We give the member an opportunity to feature their business in the Buyer's Guide to generate new customers and revenue for the company.
 Anytime someone features their business in the Buyer’s Guide we also publish that information to YellowPageCity.com, we track statistics to determine how many people are looking at the ad and how many people are going to specific categories as well.
 Some of the larger ads we offer have the capabilities to feature this as a featured listings on Google without having to pay-per-click

US Department of Customs/Maersk Custom Service - August 2006 - October 2006
 Receive an invoice from the Department of Homeland Security/US Customs outlining the amount of taxes due on packages being shipped in through various ports such as Savannah, Georgia and Longbeach, California.
 Create a shipping invoice for the freight carrier outlining what is being shipped and appropriate tax codes corresponding with what the contents are.
 Generate a check from the Customers Broker and forward that information electronically to the Department of Homeland Security/US Customs.

84 months ago

US Department of Treasury/ Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas - September 2005 through September 2005
ï‚· Answered calls from current Social Security and Supplemental Security recipients and transferred their payments from a (check) hardcopy version to an electronic funds transfer agreement (Direct Deposit).
ï‚· Worked with disaster relief aid and support for Department of Homeland Security, FEMA and Red Cross assistance.
 Forced to resign from this assignment due to paycheck negligence on the staffing company’s behalf.

Department of Defense/Department of the Army - October 2004 through December 2004
ï‚· Trained in physical fitness standards, non violent restraints, hand to hand combat and firearms training similar to the requirements of most federal security and federal/local law enforcement.
ï‚· Knowledgeable in the criteria for ethical handling of enemy prisoners of war and other criteria in regards to the agreements of the Geneva Convention and UN regulations.
ï‚· Trained in survival and combat tactics offering support to allied targets and neutralizing enemy targets in different combat scenarios.
ï‚· Trained to ensure survival to comrades and friendly targets performing first aid and urgent medical attention such as treatment of combat wounds and other wartime casualties.
ï‚· Was discharged from active duty due to an injury in the left knee quadricep which has been resolved I presently maintain continual mental and physical alertness and am in excellent health.

84 months ago

Washington Mutual - October 2002 through January 2003
ï‚· Was given a list of recently approved loan agreements from the retail front and endorsed the loan agreement so that the customer could receive financial underwriting for the properties they were purchasing and to begin making payments.
ï‚· For any outsourced underwriting endorsed the loan agreement and forwarded it to the outsourced underwriter.

International Bank of Commerce - December 2001 through July 2002
ï‚· Ensured payment of transactions that required funding from the bank such as overdraft limits or overdraft courtesy.
 Payment and verification of corporate transactions of large amounts ranging from million dollar purchases to smaller amounts starting around five thousand dollars verifying signatures, watermarks and other financial verification procedures verified the transactions legitimacy with the account’s officer.
ï‚· Manually modified personal and corporate accounts once approved for tax codes and contact information changes and automatic funds transfers.
ï‚· Offered support to customers from local markets and other markets throughout Texas for account activity questions or additional sales or add-ons to their current products such as Investment Retirement Accounts additional savings, checking or money market accounts and in some cases Certificates of Deposit.
ï‚· Unfortunately had to resign from this position because of a car accident.

84 months ago

Computer Exchange - August 1999 through June 2001
ï‚· Exceeded all aspects of this position and at my sales peak achieved the rank of having the highest amount of sales in the five year history of the store.
ï‚· Sold new/used Personal Computers and Apple Macintosh Computers to various retail purchasers.
ï‚· Sales of software/hardware for personal computers and occasionally went above and beyond the normal sales representative duties and offered support for software or hardware components that Computer Exchange did not warranty to ensure total and complete satisfaction from the customers to maintain future business.
ï‚· For any purchase that a customer was planning to purchase from Computer Exchange offered personal quotes to each every customer including our corporate clients for software, hardware purchases and even technician repairs outlining individual labor costs and the unique components to be included in the purchase.
ï‚· Unfortunately resigned from this position prior to the September 11th terrorist attacks, the retail computer market dropped drastically.

Huey in NY, New York

84 months ago

JPMC gives preference to those coming out of a financial institution

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Huey in NY, New York said: JPMC gives preference to those coming out of a financial institution

I have been trying as long as I have been out of banking to become a personal banker it has been something I have always wanted to do since working customer service at International Bank of Commerce. Watching them in action was like either I am over qualified or they are just slow.

Judging by your response, is almost like you did not read the experiences. Can you please take the time to read over them and offer PROFESSIONAL information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BJV in GOODYEAR, Arizona

84 months ago

Michael Pait, you must be an idiot. No wonder they won't hire you.

84 months ago

I am very sorry that you feel that way, I strongly feel that my experience, my ambition would carry me very far in this world. The only thing I am experiencing is a serious setback in the ability to communicate with most business professionals.

Although appearing directionless at times, I am confident in myself but was more or less interested to know some professional information pretaining to the credentials that I have given.

Huey in NY, New York

84 months ago

Michael Pait in Houston, Texas said: I have been trying as long as I have been out of banking to become a personal banker it has been something I have always wanted to do since working customer service at International Bank of Commerce. Watching them in action was like either I am over qualified or they are just slow.

Judging by your response, is almost like you did not read the experiences. Can you please take the time to read over them and offer PROFESSIONAL information.

Ok, well I will also add that your track record is not good. Across the span of about 7 jobs only 1 has been for at least 1 year. You MAYBE will be considered for a short term consulting role at JPMC but you have no way at Fulltime employment.

84 months ago

Huey in NY, New York said: Ok, well I will also add that your track record is not good. Across the span of about 7 jobs only 1 has been for at least 1 year. You MAYBE will be considered for a short term consulting role at JPMC but you have no way at Fulltime employment.

That's the problem that I have. I worked at computer exchange for almost 2 years, IBC for 6 months abd WAMU for about 6 months as well. Left IBC because of car troubles and WAMU was only temp work. The problem that I am encountering is when I worked for the Federal Reserve I was terminated because they did not bring my paycheck, so I complained to the staffing company supervisor, when I worked for the customs department I was fired because I just returned from some cross country venture trying to get back in the Army. Although there are federal mandates that say me firing someone for joining the service is a federal offense clearly they did not care. but for the most part most employers and all employers have shrugged me off at almost every single job that I apply too. It could be Kroger and they would still turn me down after a week. It is not in my interest to leave work after a week, but when your working for a staffing company that intels drugs use or telecom scams then it makes it kind of hard.

84 months ago

Michael Pait in Houston, Texas said: That's the problem that I have. I worked at computer exchange for almost 2 years, IBC for 6 months abd WAMU for about 6 months as well. Left IBC because of car troubles and WAMU was only temp work. The problem that I am encountering is when I worked for the Federal Reserve I was terminated because they did not bring my paycheck, so I complained to the staffing company supervisor, when I worked for the customs department I was fired because I just returned from some cross country venture trying to get back in the Army. Although there are federal mandates that say me firing someone for joining the service is a federal offense clearly they did not care. but for the most part most employers and all employers have shrugged me off at almost every single job that I apply too. It could be Kroger and they would still turn me down after a week. It is not in my interest to leave work after a week, but when your working for a staffing company that intels drugs use or telecom scams then it makes it kind of hard.

This is just getting old, I know my experience soars far above most other candidates. However the place I work for now, and the consumer guide and the office at AIG was just really really shady. There is something about the atmosphere that just seems odd. Not saying they are illegal, however someothing just seems shady. But needless to say I have tried and passed all assesment tests, but in the interviews I went to at WAMU and JPMoragan - the WAMU lady reemed be fully for even considering being a personal banker. And the main HR ladies were really nice, however the branch managers treated me like a criminal wich I am not.

Granted my laid back approach doesn't seem to flow well with people who are flaky.

84 months ago

Well apparently I am a moron who cannot even pass the online assesment. I do not even remember taking the tests. Boy she reemed me pretty good about it too, I was like what am I doing wrong. I work hard and dress nice. What does it take to actually pass a test or something. I feel moronic.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.