What's the company culture at JPMorgan Chase?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 148)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Team_Work_Works in Columbus, Ohio

75 months ago

Chase has not been on any type of best companies to work for list. You must be in management for Chase, because they enjoyed stretching the truth when I was working there. Google Forbes Best Companies to Work For. You can find the past 5 years' lists. NO CHASE. Sorry. If Chase would remove the huge egos and replace them with individuals that understand human beings and how/what motivates people; maybe that would be a start. Absolutely terrible company internally. Problematic and broken. Get managers in there that care about helping their employees instead of trying to catch them doing wrong. Never a positive, always a negative. No Chase on the list at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I agree every company is there for the profit. It is a given. The employees do not hae to be lambs for slaughter in the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Analyst 1 in Columbus, Ohio

75 months ago

I do agree. I have been with Chase for almost 3 years and have seen both the good and the bad. I have had the good fortune so far to work with some of the best Managers and Supervisor anyone could ever hope for. I have read and heard some horrible stories about working for Chase. It all depends on what department you work for and who the manager is. Not everyone can or has been as lucky as I have. I love my job and the people I work with. On the other hand, I made the mistake of talking my daughter into coming to Chase. She was hired in the Call Center and has had nothing but problems. She was pregnant when she started and ended up with some unforeseen complications near the end of her pregnancy. She was having to leave work to go to the hospital because she kept experiencing severe false labor. She was constantly having to run to the restroom to vomit and was swelling up like a balloon. It was getting very difficult for her to be on the phones with customers. Everyone told her that she needed to go out on STD. So she did. She was off work from Jan till March. She applied for STD and was denied because she had went through the hospital clinic with a midwife instead of an OB. She didn't have insurance coverage at that time. Even though she had sent in all of the paperwork and explanations and appealed 3 times. Because of this, Chase punished her with "occurances". She has been told that she cannot miss any days for a year or she will be terminated. Now she is suffering from mental stress and depression from not only postpartum, but the possibility of losing her job when she is a single mom with two young children at home, losing her car and everything else. She was told by Chase disability that they could not conclude that she needed to miss work for that time because all she did was sit at a desk and answer phones. Chase has their policies but I have seen firsthand that they don't apply to everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jazzbabe29 in Connersville, Indiana

73 months ago

I want to say that I was working at Chase until Aug 2008 and I feel it should be known that with the good comes the bad and congrats to all of the employees that are still there but let's get real if you want to be jaded and think that they are an amazing company by all means that is your choice but I am here to let all know with no uncertain terms that I was released due to a disability and they used the adherence policy as a crutch. I personally think this major industry who states they comply with the ADA and the EEOC should take a big class and a look at the BS they are shoveling to people. Lies get people into trouble and trust me they are in a downward sprial to know where. I met some great employees but the managers are out for the almighty dollar and protecting there ass besides who would not if you had to kiss someone else's all the time and wanted to impress people. To be honest Chase is not fooling anyone and we all know it. Everyone is expendable in any company and it you are not making them money you are out the door. If you have a disability you are out and they do not care if you are sick but if the managers get ill or need off then it is ok....welll not in my book. You are chosen by favortisim not by skill. I would say that chimps with bananas as pencils wrote the policies for this company to bad there turnover rates sucks as well as the rest of the company. I do not advise anyone to work for them or cry if they are refused but instead count yourself lucky . Be happy you do not get caught up in there BS. I am now going to college and i am going into a field where they will kiss mine. The are wrong for what they have done not only to me but to others and people will get wise to them. So all the power to you who are mad and voice your stories loud keep them coming I want all to know how crappy this company is. My belief is go to the top to resolve a problem and that is what I am doing. So to Chase i say "I apologize for your inconvenience"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michael Blendon in Chicago, Illinois

73 months ago

chase is certainly on a downward spiral. they are the worst financial institution stock to own. jamie dimon should be proud- he's done nothing for the company other than lose its shareholder's money. bravo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jesus Cordova in Albany, New York

73 months ago

i hate chase too but dont say stupid things. their stock is the highest of any retail bank in america. the stock is worth twice as much as citi.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Chase is smart enough to have a face for the public to see. The face the employees see is completely opposite. The "brand" Chase, if you've noticed from commercials, is happiness, vibrant and caring. This is the opposite of how the employees are treated. As I've said before. The work environment is horrible unless you are in management. Then it is a cake walk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Are you all aware that on Aug 18, 2008 the EEOC at the Federal Level has filed a suit on Chase Bank in lue of 28 claims of Disability cases. You can look this up in the New York Times I am very excited and hope they are taken down. BTW this comment is to Mr. Cordova Where the hell did you get your figures lol I have done stocks, and come from a family of banking and law who also deal in stocks and if you had checked the stock market or USA today you would be aware that it is not Chase at all who is even remotely close to having a high stock at all in fact they are too much of a risk at this time before you go around and quote your facts make sure you understand what you are saying. Get your facts straight. Your comments make you sound as though you are insolent and do not understand you own remarks. I have been on both sides and I know what it is like. Make your statements with conviction and know what they mean.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

As of today Citigroup is the highest and please keep in mind stocks go up and down each sec of the day. It closed at 18.15 to be exact. You can look al that up on the New Your Stock Exchange.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

purplefire in Mesquite, Texas

71 months ago

I have worked for Chase for nine years plus. I have gone through several mergers. After all these years, I have suffered carpel tunnel syndrom, severe stress related health problems, then a few years ago I was dignosed with Fibromyalgia. As you all know, Chase's attendence policy, which real sucks. What the heck is three occurences in what is it now 12 month rolling period or 14 month rolling period, any way, by unforeseen circumstances I had to call in more than 3 times. Well, you know the story after that. How ridiculous is scheduling a sick day for approval before you can take a day before you can take a sick day and it won't be an occurance. You guys, if you see some employee's they are as bad as the company. Call on HR for little things. Why can't they talk to the individual first, before resulting to calling on HR. But, anyway, Chase hadn't cared about their employees for a very long time. I believe since early 2000.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Chase----away customers in columbus, Ohio

71 months ago

I can't even imagine how bad things are at Chase right now. It was terrible when I left a year and a half ago- but it must be absolutely abysmal now. Does anyone know if they have scaled back the PB position, or are there still countless openings on all the job posting sites? Man the stories I could tell from the Columbus, Ohio market.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chased me out the door in Saint John, Indiana

70 months ago

Worked for First Chicago, which became Chase over a series of mergers.

The Chase work environment was the antichrist to that of First Chicago!

I had 3 managers over the span of 5+ years at Chase and new ALMOST NOTHING of their lives outside of the office. For them it was literally "Chase first, everyone else will wait." No surprise they were all divorced!

Management would force us to be 'on calls' for endless hours on weekends JUST IN CASE we were needed.

They never built teams, only collections of individuals that were intent on shooting down the guy in the next cube!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Free_ in Columbus, Ohio

69 months ago

I orginally came from Bank One and the culture at Bank One and JPMorgan are completely different. At Bank One they actually cared about its employees, it was easier to move up because it was based on performace, knowledge, and skill set. At JPMorgan its based on who you know and what color you are. It doesn't matter if you have the skill set and knowledge to do the job but rather who you are friends with. I've seen people promoted to supervisor position who do not know the business and do not have the knowledge to effectively run a group of individuals. I've had to train these supervisors/team leads. Why? Because race matters. It doesn't help to go to HR because as you know they work for the company. JPMorgan thrives on diversity but diverse it is not. There are many diverse individuals working for JPMorgan but not many in top management. I just want JPMorgan to treat all it's employees equally.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

exJPM_Jules in London, United Kingdom

69 months ago

JP Morgan Chase London. Not a good place to work. They are in the process of firing anyone with any disability that causes them to work less than a full day, using the Bear Stearns/WashMut takeovers as an excuse. I have a serious back injury and have just been told that that my department is being "reduced", despite the fact that they just sent round a memo stating that they needed a further 27 staff in that very same department.

My advice - work for ANYONE but JP Morgan Chase.

Frink89 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

JPMC definitely has an "ass kissing culture" in the worst kind of way. Many times I have seen people who are not rated on their merits and abilities but rather trivial aspects that don't have much, if any, impact on the business. There is a particularly bad mentality amongst workers that they have to be the "first one in and the last one out". This leads people to sit around at their desks literally doing absolutely nothing for 3-4 hours a day out of a fear of looking bad. Some of the most intelligent and talented people I have met there don’t really last longer than 1-2 years out of frustration or lack of compensation. Overall this company is a good place to gain experience for a resume, but long term careers here are a quick way to a stressful life.

Red_Rides in Naperville, Illinois

68 months ago

Ill tell what a lot of companies have that JPMC does not.
1. Integrity
2. Vision
3. Respect for the individual
4. Stewardship
5. Leadership
6. Proper coaching and mentoring programs
7. Conception of how hard their current employees work
8. Realization that the people they let go or crush are more than a number or dollar value

Bottom line JPMC is an employee mill with a constant revolving door. DO NOT WORK THERE IF YOU WANT ANY LIFE, FAMILY OR WANT TO RAMIAN IN GOOD HEALTH.

THIS IS A HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. THEY HAVE NO VALUES, INTEGRITY, DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE EMPLOYEE OR THE CUSTOMER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

megan holman in Houston, Texas

68 months ago

OMG I work for Chase in their Houston call center for 2 years thebranches have nothing on the call centers. They tend to have some of the most incompetent self-absorbed supervisor in the world. The call center is all about the mighty dollars you don't sell you're out the door. I was fired after filling with the eeoc and dept. of labor for fmla violations. I also filed for unemployment after i was fired. And you know they tried to fight it and lost ha! ha!. I doing my best to stick it to them and I hope anyone else who was treated unfairly does the same because they deserve everything that is coming to them. Hopefully I'll be able to give updates on the cases with the eeoc and u.s. dept. of labor soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bubblehed738 in Springfield, Missouri

68 months ago

Megan, It's Chases corporate policy to fight every unemployment claim. They tried to fight mine and lost too. I worked for this looser company in Springfield, Missouri and things were no different. They fired me on trumped up charges brought on by a miserable, lying, two faced, back stabbing, co-worker and ex friend who was trying to make face to ass time with the bosses.

They have their stable of weasel lawyers that are trying to justify their paychecks, so they fight them all. Unemployment saw through their scam and sided with me.

Just move on and don't look back. My Daddy told me when you hit a turd you get crap on your hands. Screw em!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fightingback2 in Naperville, Illinois

67 months ago

FightBack in I am the real FightBack, New York said: Read my Blog at:

joel031.vox.com/

What happen to your Blog?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Amy Kavala in Dallas, Texas said: Megan, My friend had to endure discrimination. It was not much of an issue and they could have easily accomodated him somewhere. But they tried to shut him. He was fired. Went to EEOC and getting unemployment now. sh** happens in these big corps. you got to stick it to them.

his incident is here redirectionlink.wordpress.com/

Have you considered a Defamation Lawsuit? This may be the way to go do to "AT WILL"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SNKZTN04 in Canal Winchester, Ohio

67 months ago

While I work as a Chaseworks employee of JPMorgan Chase, I love the job. Management is great, I like what I do, and have nice co-workers. I would love to be permanent, but I understand the market isn't where it should be right now and they are doing what they need to do. I see it for what it is. Hopefully the economy will get back on track, and Chase will be able to hire permanently at that point. In the meantime, I'm getting additional experience and networking. Overall, I can't complain. I get my hours, and a little bit of over-time when it's needed. The pay is good. During these times, I'm just thankful I have a job doing what I love. Many can't say that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Chase----away customers in columbus, Ohio said: amen to that.

I agree with you accept for the last line "Overall this company is a good place to gain experience for a resume..."

This is a career ending experience. The culture is abusive. Extremely unhealthy. It is not WORTH it to put on your resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ROYC in PATTERSON, New York

65 months ago

I was fired as a Personal Banker by the great district supervisors at JP Morgan Chase after trying to break into the management ranks in the Northeast Region (Conn/Westchester/Rockland County, NY) of the bank. The excuse that I was given ranged from not enough branch production, we need you to stay here for at least six months longer, to not enough management experience, even though I was only trying to get in the Branch Management Trainee Program. The district has fifty branches with one Black manager, but plenty of staff in the (lower lever) teller positions.
I complained about the lack of black and minority managers in the disrict and I got fired in retaliation for it. The so called vilation should have been a slap on the wrist, nothing more, but I know the real reason is racism. I was not even given a official reason on paper as to why I was terminated.
I have already filed with EEOC and have retained the services of employment discrimination attorney. I will assist the EEOC investigators in everyway possible, but don't expect a lot, other than the right to sue which is what I am seeking.
Reading the experiences of other people here I can expect that the company will probably fight my unemployment claim, and whether I get it or not, I suggest that as an american you should fight for your rights whenever you can.
I will update as events arise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PersonalBanker in Littleton, Colorado

64 months ago

Just started at Chase. Any old employees looking to sell their Chase logo'd shirts and ties? I'm a 16.5 36/37, but will consider any sizes that are remotely close.

I'm not looking to drop $400 on a new wardrobe b/c I got a new job ...thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

PersonalBanker in Littleton, Colorado said: Just started at Chase. Any old employees looking to sell their Chase logo'd shirts and ties? I'm a 16.5 36/37, but will consider any sizes that are remotely close.

I'm not looking to drop $400 on a new wardrobe b/c I got a new job ...thanks

I'm soooo sorry! My condolences to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

If not PB then what in New Jersey

64 months ago

Everyones comments are very interesting. For those that continually say, "if you have a college degree you deserve better". What positions would you recommend. I was recently laid off from a great position with a variable annuity company. I have my degree in Business Finance and I am still series 6/63 licensed. I understand that this is a starting position which means you start off as a small fish. I believe (but open to others opinions) that this a admired corporate company with the ability for the small fish to break into their corporate world. If you are good at what you do and work hard, growing within Chase would be considered a success no matter who you ask. Has anyone had the ability to grow within Chase. Also, why were the people that commented with Chase as Personal Bankers for such a long period of time. Have you attempted growth within. I expect to growth within the company between 2-3 years and if not then it is time to move on. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Leisa Jones in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

64 months ago

In depseration I recently went back to work at Chase after a company closure. In training I recieved my first check and realized I was being paid 55.00 less a pay period. That next week, the big manager came in and did a rah rah about how our pay was changing and we had the opportunity to make 800.00 more a month each for doing our job. He reminded us all of how grateful we should be to have a job during this economy.. especially one that pays such a huge bonus each month. I agreed, and kept my mouth shut about the pay discrepancy. We were being threatened with all the ways we could be fired on a daily basis. I was afraid I might be out of work again if I spoke up. Two weeks later, another meeting was called. They wanted to talk to us about our new comp plan that was effective in a week. ( the previously mentioned 800.00) As we went through the paperwork, I realized it had been cut in half to 400.00- and only if you met their magic formula, and if not it was 200.00. At this point, I was very angry. I had been promised the higher figure prior to hire. As it was, I had taken a large Pay cut and was living off the last of my savings until my "bonus" kicked in. I resigned before my savings was all gone, so I could look for better paying employment. As luck would have it, Chase decided to knife me in the back one last time. They paid out my vacation I had been given as stipulated in the employee manual and then decided they wanted it back. ( two weeks after giving it to me) This is despite the fact that by the time I left they owed me close to 600.00 in back wages and comissions. I called HR and they told me they had NO record of it. I have documentation luckily, but I am sure I will fight an uphill battle to get this rectified. In the interim, anyone who checks my credit history will think I stole money from an employer.-- stay clear of this company. I have worked for them twice. I would rather stoke the main fire pit in hell than work for Chase.

64 months ago

Leisa, I feel your pain. I too received an "incentive" cut and when I questioned why I was quickly shown the door. A pay department manager I thought was a friend lied to HR about our conversation and I was fired due to a trumped up "code of ethics" violation. How ironic is that? Being fired on ethics by CHASE? I guess that was Chase's way of saying to everyone else still there, "shut the @#$% up, sit down and be good little obedient workers!"

Then when I filed for unemployment, they even tried to fight that too. Luckily the unemployment department case manager assigned to my case could see right through their BS and I received my unemployment.

The good news is being fired turned out to be one of the best things for me. I am now a full time student going back to finish my degree in Geology. Getting fired got me off my butt and I finally filed for my G.I. Bill benefits. So, I guess I should thank Chase for being a bunch of @$$holes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chase----away customers in columbus, Ohio

64 months ago

[QUOTE who="....They paid out my vacation I had been given as stipulated in the employee manual and then decided they wanted it back. ( two weeks after giving it to me) This is despite the fact that by the time I left they owed me close to 600.00 in back wages and comissions. I called HR and they told me they had NO record of it. I have documentation luckily, but I am sure I will fight an uphill battle to get this rectified. In the interim, anyone who checks my credit history will think I stole money from an employer.-- stay clear of this company. I have worked for them twice. I would rather stoke the main fire pit in hell than work for Chase.

Don't bother paying Chase back any amount they claim you owe them...I know people who have been in similar situations, and ignored the requests without consequence. Usually they just get one letter in the mail, maybe two, and never hear anything again. And in no way did any of this affect their credit or anything of the like. And they even had retirement plans which were left unaffected as well whenever they rolled them over or took distibutions from them (meaning Chase did not use any amounts thereof as collateral).

rubberduckie20013 in graham, Washington

63 months ago

This is an awful company to work for. I hold a part time position, and unfortunately they do not know the meaning of part time. I was also transferred to a branch 35 miles from my house, so I commute over an hour each way. They are not a company who sees customers, or employees as humans; we're all just numbers. I come home every day and just want to quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

l002981 in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

ROYC in PATTERSON, New York said: I was fired as a Personal Banker by the great district supervisors at JP Morgan Chase after trying to break into the management ranks in the Northeast Region (Conn/Westchester/Rockland County, NY) of the bank. The excuse that I was given ranged from not enough branch production, we need you to stay here for at least six months longer, to not enough management experience, even though I was only trying to get in the Branch Management Trainee Program. The district has fifty branches with one Black manager, but plenty of staff in the (lower lever) teller positions.
I complained about the lack of black and minority managers in the disrict and I got fired in retaliation for it. The so called vilation should have been a slap on the wrist, nothing more, but I know the real reason is racism. I was not even given a official reason on paper as to why I was terminated.
I have already filed with EEOC and have retained the services of employment discrimination attorney. I will assist the EEOC investigators in everyway possible, but don't expect a lot, other than the right to sue which is what I am seeking.
Reading the experiences of other people here I can expect that the company will probably fight my unemployment claim, and whether I get it or not, I suggest that as an american you should fight for your rights whenever you can.

I used to work for JP Morgan and victim of their racial culture.. got nervous breakdown and ended up in the hospital, EEOC gave me letter to sue, I sued them and due to their lawyers team my case was dismised without trial, however I had strong evidence and witness but I am going to go to appeal if some one is in the same situation , please come forward as some one has to take stand so other can be saved.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Team_Work_Works in Columbus, Ohio said: Chase has not been on any type of best companies to work for list. You must be in management for Chase, because they enjoyed stretching the truth when I was working there. Google Forbes Best Companies to Work For. You can find the past 5 years' lists. NO CHASE. Sorry. If Chase would remove the huge egos and replace them with individuals that understand human beings and how/what motivates people; maybe that would be a start. Absolutely terrible company internally. Problematic and broken. Get managers in there that care about helping their employees instead of trying to catch them doing wrong. Never a positive, always a negative. No Chase on the list at all.

Read my comment and come forward..

63 months ago

l002981 in Chicago, Illinois said: Read my comment and come forward..

www.westnewslink.westlaw.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Ben Franklin in Waterford, Michigan said: We'll see how you feel when they can you or change the incentive plan again.

l002981 in Chicago, Illinois said: Read my comment and come forward..

www.westnewslink.westlaw.com

Chase -Do NOT go there in Naperville, Illinois

63 months ago

Chase -Do NOT go there. I feel so strongly about the BAD culture at CHASE, I changed my name to: Chase Dontgothere.

Don't just brush off the negative comments as being from employees who could not cut it..... Very qualified human beings have chosen NOT to be dragged into this UNHEALTHY culture!

From,
Chase Dontgothere

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Frank in Homewood, Illinois said: Hours are long and staffing is bare bones. This is a "lean machine." Great for stock holders, a bit tough for employees. Lots of turnover. Culture is very UK dominated. Not overly friendly or employee-centric.

Thats is true ,longer hours and rotaional shifts, AM /night shifts are usually assigned to less favour employees mostly minorities.. Would you agree?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

rt in Freehold, New Jersey said: WELL SAID!!!

Single parent and they put me to night schedule and when I requested, I was denied but new comer got the day shifts as one said about the manager that "he (newcomer) is the one who brought the manager into I.T "otherwise he used to be security personal"
Second one got the job in this department because at one point new comer and the manager worked together in some department

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Becky Graham in Slidell, Louisiana said: Those Managers were on the Retail Branch Banking side of things. But where I come from, we do it all including investments. I will say, Branch Banking is no easy task. Get ready if you can sell, because you will be selling your soul before it is all over with...

www.westnewslink.westlaw.com Read the case about JP Morgan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Chase -Do NOT go there in Naperville, Illinois said: Chase -Do NOT go there. I feel so strongly about the BAD culture at CHASE, I changed my name to: Chase Dontgothere.

Don't just brush off the negative comments as being from employees who could not cut it..... Very qualified human beings have chosen NOT to be dragged into this UNHEALTHY culture!

From,
Chase Dontgothere

www.westnewslink.westlaw.com Read the case about JP Morgan Chase.. What they do to you if you are not one of the favorites

This is about aperson, who decided to fightback and will continue to fight...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

l002981 in Chicago, Illinois said: Thats is true ,longer hours and rotaional shifts, AM /night shifts are usually assigned to less favour employees mostly minorities.. Would you agree?

www.westnewslink.westlaw.com Read the case about JP Morgan Chase.. What they do to you if you are not one of the favorites

This is about a person, who decided to fightback and will continue to fight...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dh0303 in dallas, Texas

62 months ago

JP Morgan is one of the worst places ever to work...not becasue of work load but beacause they let senior managers bully, play favorites, lie and basically have no respect whatsoever for their empployees......I would never ever recommend working at this place.....awful...awful...awful place.......their culture is out of control ....work there only if you are desperate...and then keep looking for a job....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dh0303 in dallas, Texas

62 months ago

l002981 in Chicago, Illinois said: www.westnewslink.westlaw.com Read the case about JP Morgan Chase.. What they do to you if you are not one of the favorites

how do you get an id to enter the site?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JPMC exemployee nyc in New York, New York

62 months ago

ROYC in PATTERSON, New York said: I was fired as a Personal Banker by the great district supervisors at JP Morgan Chase after trying to break into the management ranks in the Northeast Region (Conn/Westchester/Rockland County, NY) of the bank. The excuse that I was given ranged from not enough branch production, we need you to stay here for at least six months longer, to not enough management experience, even though I was only trying to get in the Branch Management Trainee Program. The district has fifty branches with one Black manager, but plenty of staff in the (lower lever) teller positions.

How is your EEOC claim? Did you go to the mediation at EEOC at all? I may need you help.

62 months ago

l002981 in Chicago, Illinois said: I used to work for JP Morgan and victim of their racial culture.. got nervous breakdown and ended up in the hospital, EEOC gave me letter to sue, I sued them and due to their lawyers team my case was dismised without trial, however I had strong evidence and witness but I am going to go to appeal if some one is in the same situation , please come forward as some one has to take stand so other can be saved.

In current world, it's very difficilt to fight against Chase. As you said, Chase has a very strong team of lawyers. My experience, Chase lawyer in NYC lied.

Good luck for your appeal. Chase silently willfully withheld my severance and refused to work with me. Without attorney, Chase will take advantage of me. With attorney, I am paying too much to collect lillte severance. Even EEOC mediator told me to drop the battle. There are many cases against Chase, but EEOC/government just can't do anything about it. Chase management has donated too much of Polical contribution to the politcian.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ROYC in PATTERSON, New York

62 months ago

JPMC exemployee nyc in New York, New York said: How is your EEOC claim? Did you go to the mediation at EEOC at all? I may need you help.

As I expected Chase came back with their standard "justifiable Termination" in their EEOC response.
My lawyer was not much help after reviewing their position, I am preparing my answer to those charges, and will probably try to get another lawyer. I need to talk to some current and former employes who have experienced some form of discrimination here in the NYC area.
If anyone can help me here, or I can be of help to anyone here in the NYC area, please do not hesitate to contact me, then we can talk offline.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

ROYC in PATTERSON, New York said: As I expected Chase came back with their standard "justifiable Termination" in their EEOC response.
My lawyer was not much help after reviewing their position, I am preparing my answer to those charges, and will probably try to get another lawyer. I need to talk to some current and former employes who have experienced some form of discrimination here in the NYC area.
If anyone can help me here, or I can be of help to anyone here in the NYC area, please do not hesitate to contact me, then we can talk offline.

Go search cases on EEOC and look for similar existing cases as yours before you anwser any charges. If you can, get those cases relate to JPMorgan Chase. You may get so call "pattern" that Chase HR apply to fire/layoff people. "Westlaw" requires fees.

Many attorneys are not as good as they claim. Many attorneys do not even want to fight against Chase. Also, when you fight, you may lose your next job opportunitity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

l002981 in Ohio

61 months ago

Yes you are right, I read your comments and working at my end to fight this culture. I will keep you posted.

sharon harris darkwa in sacramento, California

60 months ago

Becky Graham in Slidell, Louisiana said: Sales, Sales, Sales....If you aren't up to it, then don't try to do it. I'm a salesperson. I eat, sleep, and breath sales. I worked for 2 banks in Georgia and loved what I did. To succeed in sales you must be aggressive and determined. What I have been reading on this forum is insane. Sales aren't for everyone. If you have a strong pitch as well as personality then sale all that you can. Yes, I was promoted very quickly as an African American woman, I don't think see where race was a factor as one person spoke on the promotions of (African American Women between the ages of 30 to 50. I am just an excellent sales person and that is impressive to District Mgrs, etc. As stated previously, if you don't want to sell then by all means, DON'T!!!!!

I am waiting on a telephone inteveiw with Chase, base on the comments, I am kind of scared to death, but you are right , if you are willing to work hard the you will get a just reward. I hope that they call me soon. I am out of work, and too many people are looking for a free ride. I hope that they call soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

The Flying Eagle in Naperville, Illinois

60 months ago

sharon harris darkwa in sacramento, California said: I am waiting on a telephone inteveiw with Chase, base on the comments, I am kind of scared to death, but you are right , if you are willing to work hard the you will get a just reward. I hope that they call me soon. I am out of work, and too many people are looking for a free ride. I hope that they call soon.

I too am an excellent sales person. My experience has taken me from a regional account represenative to a VP of Sales. I have worked for Johnson & Johnson, Avery International. Time Warner,small companies, and Chase. In my career I
have been in the top 5 reps in these top Fortune 500 companies until I changed to Chase.

I funded my own schooling for a CFP at Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.
My A Grade set the curve on one of the finals. I have ALWAYS hit my numbers in sales objectives- including at Chase.

I hit my numbers when I was with Chase. I am hitting my numbers now.

These people are not ethical. Do not expect a fair deal.

I do not advocate taking a job at Chase as a stepping stone to your nezt job/career! Bypass, go to a different company. It will payoff in the long run!
If you want to be an Eagle, fly with Eagles. Chase= turkeys.

Good luck, and God blessings.

pat

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.