What's the company culture at JPMorgan Chase?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 149 of 149)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

l002981 in Ohio

86 months ago

dh0303 in dallas, Texas said: how do you get an id to enter the site?

What do you mean how do I get the id?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

l002981 in Ohio

86 months ago

JPMC exemployee nyc in New York, New York said: In current world, it's very difficilt to fight against Chase. As you said, Chase has a very strong team of lawyers. My experience, Chase lawyer in NYC lied.

Good luck for your appeal. Chase silently willfully withheld my severance and refused to work with me. Without attorney, Chase will take advantage of me. With attorney, I am paying too much to collect lillte severance. Even EEOC mediator told me to drop the battle. There are many cases against Chase, but EEOC/government just can't do anything about it. Chase management has donated too much of Polical contribution to the politcian.

In my case what I went through a lot and it is kind of my treatment to get this case to trial , I have already paid to my lawyer and still paying and I am not even sure what will be the end but I know with the bottom of my heart that it was not fair what they did to me, I am still suffering the damage dont to my self esteem and other stuff so I am gone fight , go for trial and than depands on jury what they think as these jury members are people like us .. I will accept their decession but atleast I will know that I fight back for what I believed in and did not gave up...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

l002981 in Ohio

86 months ago

Chase is Disgusting in Naperville, Illinois said: I know you will read this and think, alas, one more disgruntled employee who could not cut it. I find Chase is the WORST company. I have worked for GREAT Companies: Edward Jones, FNIC, Time Warner, Johnson & Johnson and they all ARE fine tuned machines making profit! Yet, they were decent to the HUMAN BEING. CHASE IS NOT! This is a horrible company.

I believe the best way to get back a Chase is to continue to publish, blog, and communicate to the public its true colors. Also, if you must be in the financial industry which in itself is a questionable profession find an honest company and do something that really brings value to the client. Perhaps being an accountant or a tax advisor with the ability to counsel the client in financial matters and to sell well diversified mutual funds appropriately to the client. The Financial Advisor at Chase is a joke. Don't even go there.

If you can and believe in their incorrect practice go to blogger.com which I created a bog Sure-we-can for stories and experience a common person goes through in these big companies and blog "Sure-we-can" where someone has made decession to stand and fight back ... on this blog you can put your comments and what did you do.. so other people can learn and it is just everyone can do just need some one by you to support..Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

l002981 in Ohio

86 months ago

l002981 in Ohio said: At Chase , does not matter what you know or your skills are .. here Who You Know ... Works Good luck I am not trying to discourage you but I came across some people who worked for Chase and they prefer NOT TO WORK FOR CHASE and so DO I

If you can and believe in their incorrect practice go to blogger.com which I created a bog Sure-we-can for stories and experience a common person goes through in these big companies and blog "Sure-we-can" where someone has made decession to stand and fight back ... on this blog you can put your comments and what did you do.. so other people can learn and it is just everyone can do just need some one by you to support..Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

l002981 in Ohio

86 months ago

Bubblehed738 in Springfield, Missouri said: It's my estimation that they are trying to make life so horrible on their employees that everyone will quit or get fired.That way they can take the high road by saying they can't find good help and give them the excuse to outsource more jobs to India.

Reality2 in New York

86 months ago

Todd in Thiensville, Wisconsin said: I would agree with John. Those that don't survive very long are the ones that are looking to coast. If you're looking for a 9-5, don't bother. But if you are one that will bust his/her behind and are focused on results and customer satisfaction, come one board. We could always use more like you.

Typical snide middle-manager response. If you can kiss up like this guy, you'll make a fine addition to any corporation in decline.

R.T. in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I am one of those who will work hard, I've been laid off for 2 months now, have great experience. I have applied but nobody called; it will be nice to have a chance. Any suggestions?

I am one of those who work hard and been laid off too since our job moved to Bankone's site. I was one of the few staff that stayed longer until we finish training Bankone to do our job and during that time Im also helping the other dept to do the job since when they back up. I applied for that position posted but was rejected; and other staff that I trained got an offer. At the same time, that hiring dept wants me to help them even more with their work until they caugh up and prior to my termination date. Now if i'm rejected foat position, why are they asking me to do the job? All the supervisors/managers that I ever worked always impressed with my work ethic and never have any negative thing to say. Oh by the way, I was so PREGNANT at the stage that it was so obviouse and Chase's policy allowed 3 months merternity leave......any thought?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Reality2 in New York

86 months ago

Bubblehed738 in Springfield, Missouri said: I recently worked in the Card Activation Department of Chase Card Services in Springfield, MO.
I worked there for 4 years. When it was Bank One it was a family friendly and employee friendly environment. When Chase took over everything changed. They cut pay and benefits, changed numerous policies to make it better for the company and worse for the employee.
At the end the environment there was horrible. I had ulcers just thinking about going to work.
I was the number one employee in sales and in the end I was finally fired on trumped up charges by people without scruples or decent business morales.
I am so happy to not be working there you have no idea. Chase is a horrible company to work for and the attitude is passed on to the customer.

Chase employees felt exactly the same as you do when it was "merged" with Bankone. Some of the job functions that Chase does were transferred over to Bankone head quarter "cost effective".....so we lost our jobs and at the same time we were to trained Bankone to do our job. What a slab on the face. The best part is that Bankone teams for that particular dept) seems to think that we just transfer our job over to them to help. Little do they know that after our termination date, they're on their own. It sad that I had to tell Bankone that this was going to be their full time job after we leave since they kept telling me that so and so used to do the job for them. Well so and so already left the company or laid off. I'm surprise that the message was never communicated to them. I'm not a manager but I had to escalated to Bankone's and their supervisor of the situation. I do felt bad for Bankone, the fact they were not informed by the top management at both end. I dont mind all that training and helping out, but it's obsert that someone at my level has to do the dirty work as a communicator.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

procsr in San Antonio, Texas

83 months ago

I've recently started with Chase, and have many friends and family currently employed with chase. I felt compelled to comment because of all the negative comments posted. To those that have posted with bad experiences, I'm sorry it didn't work out. However, if you work hard for Chase, they will work hard for you. It's that simple. The benefits at Chase are very generous and the facilities at the chase site are far beyond average. If you read any forum comments on any of the most successful companies you will find most of the comments are from disgruntled employees. I feel blessed that chase gave me an opportunity to join, and everyday management lets us now how valuable we are to the company. They also let us now that we have a job to do, and if your struggling they are there for help and support. I would encourage anyone interested in Chase to apply. Chase encourages employees to be active in the community and provides the help and resources to do so. So there you have it, Chase treats my coworkers, my family, my community and I with respect and value. Chase is incredibly diverse, and its apparent that those who succeed are the ones with great attendance and positive attitudes. So again to anyone that's interested in joining Chase, I would hope you apply. In closing I would like to add, that I'm not an HR rep or manager, I'm posting this as an fairly new employee. My friends, family, and I can all attest to the fact that yes, Chase asks you to be on time and do your job. If you can do that, you WILL Succeed. Today I'm off, but I know when I return to work, there will be a positive work environment and unlimited opportunity awaiting me at JP Morgan Chase. My community loves Chase.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

procsr in San Antonio, Texas

83 months ago

sharon harris darkwa in sacramento, California said: I am waiting on a telephone inteveiw with Chase, base on the comments, I am kind of scared to death, but you are right , if you are willing to work hard the you will get a just reward. I hope that they call me soon. I am out of work, and too many people are looking for a free ride. I hope that they call soon.

Sharon, you have nothing to be scared off. I've been with chase for a few weeks now and love it. I have friends in other areas of the country who have been with Chase for years. We all love it!! My advice is be on time, have a great attitude, and enjoy it. The training at Chase is incredible, the coworkers and managers WILL help you succeed. I've learned so far that if you have the will, Chase will provide you the Way. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Bubblehed738 in Springfield, Missouri

83 months ago

Procsr in San Antonio, Texas said: So again to anyone that's interested in joining Chase, I would hope you apply. In closing I would like to add, that I'm not an HR rep or manager, I'm posting this as an fairly new employee. My friends, family, and I can all attest to the fact that yes, Chase asks you to be on time and do your job. If you can do that, you WILL Succeed. Today I'm off, but I know when I return to work, there will be a positive work environment and unlimited opportunity awaiting me at JP Morgan Chase. My community loves Chase.

Man, do they have you snowed. I was a hard worker, loyal to the company, top 10 in sales for four years running. Oh, they TOLD me how important I was to them, but it was all lip service as I soon found out.
They restructured our commission pay and we all took it in the shorts for about a 20% loss. When I questioned them about this I was showed the door! So don't fool yourself, they just haven't shown their true colors to you...YET!
As for the benefits, check around I'll bet you're paying more for your health insurance than what you could buy COBRA for! They were actually charging me $600/mth and I could have gotten COBRA (or any other insurance, for that matter) for a lot less!
You also better check your pay stubs and see how much they are taking out in taxes. They were taking out, on average, 35-40% on my commission. Heck, even windfall profit tax levels aren't that high!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JPMC exemployee nyc in New York, New York

83 months ago

Bubblehed738 in Springfield, Missouri said: Man, do they have you snowed. I was a hard worker, loyal to the company, top 10 in sales for four years running. Oh, they TOLD me how important I was to them, but it was all lip service as I soon found out.
They restructured our commission pay and we all took it in the shorts for about a 20% loss. When I questioned them about this I was showed the door! So don't fool yourself, they just haven't shown their true colors to you...YET!
As for the benefits, check around I'll bet you're paying more for your health insurance than what you could buy COBRA for! They were actually charging me $600/mth and I could have gotten COBRA (or any other insurance, for that matter) for a lot less!
You also better check your pay stubs and see how much they are taking out in taxes. They were taking out, on average, 35-40% on my commission. Heck, even windfall profit tax levels aren't that high!

Right before I got injured, more than 10 years as Chase officer, my performance rating were way above average. I received service stars and year end bonuses.

What Chase did to me was unbelievable and illegal.

While I was out on work related injury, I was charged with my vacation days for my WC leaves. I was told to file WC claim if I wanted to have my vacation days reimbursed. Later, I lost my position the same day I reported to work, Chase was also reimbursed by WC because I did win the case at WC board. Much more sadness, Chase silently reduced the agreed severance pay after I left them. I did not know such illegal act until before the end of my severance and months after I was laidoff. I had called 1-800-chasehr, corp. accounting, payroll department.... and got no result. Chase charged me vacation days and then collected insurance payment from WC. Just like your gargage charged you full fee to fix the car and then collected the fee from car insurance again. (Insurance fraud, double dipping, is a crime)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

l002981 in Ohio

83 months ago

We will see your comments after some time... till than Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sarah1234 in Boise, Idaho

83 months ago

It is really interesting to see all the negative stories about Chase. I have yet to experience any of these negative aspects but not to say they haven't happened to others.

Everyone at my branch wears black slacks with "Chase approved" shirts. Everything is pretty standard for dress. My one gripe is not really with Chase apparel but the employees wearing them! The assistant manager and one of the PB's can't seem to find shirts that fit properly around their chests! One of these days, my eye will get taken out by a button! When its slow, we all just stand around and talk or read the news on cnn.com or usatoday.com which are basically the only two websites to look at.

My branch is made up of mostly people in their 20's with the exception of the manager and mortgage officer. They are also fairly young so it makes the environment vibrant and fun. We get together for holidays and just because.We all have a good time together and no one acts like they are above anyone else.

The manager is amazing. She is very warm and caring. She wants to see results but also doesn't want to push us out of our comfort zone too much. She allows us to sell and mention products the way we want to and when we feel comfortable to do so.

I suppose we may be the most inappropriate branch in our area. We all like to sing and have fun at work. We aren't a bunch of stiffs but we do know when to turn it off and on. I think for some customers they really enjoy the more friendly and fun aspect that we have at our branch.

For now, working at Chase is good for me but once I get my college degree in a couple of years, I will be moving on...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

l002981 in Ohio

83 months ago

Good Luck.. I really hope that it works out for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LL1775 in California

83 months ago

dh0303 in dallas, Texas said: JP Morgan is one of the worst places ever to work...not becasue of work load but beacause they let senior managers bully, play favorites, lie and basically have no respect whatsoever for their empployees......I would never ever recommend working at this place.....awful...awful...awful place.......their culture is out of control ....work there only if you are desperate...and then keep looking for a job....

I agree. Same in CA. I have never worked for such poor leards. Especialy those from WaMu. From Regional level to Branch Mananger, what a joke. They dont even know a thing about managing people. How they go there job is a big ? If anything stay out of the Central valley of CA. The regional is a serious joke and comments from above are exactly what goes on. Stay away I agree. Oh and dont bank there either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LL1775 in California

83 months ago

dh0303 in dallas, Texas said: This is my experience with Chase...awful management

I hear you. Managment is a real joke. Chase needs to take a serious look at its managment or hiering process/promotion of managers. Mainly on the old wamu side. Favorites is the way to get promoted or ass kissing but once you f-up they turn the knife on you. Stay out of Central Valley in CA. regional manager is exactly like mentioned above by previous comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

LL1775 in California

83 months ago

Bubblehed738 in Springfield, Missouri said: Man, do they have you snowed. I was a hard worker, loyal to the company, top 10 in sales for four years running. Oh, they TOLD me how important I was to them, but it was all lip service as I soon found out.

Give them a year to see. Its all the same. Ask why so many disgruntal comments? You will see ina year or if not sooner but your rigth be glad you have a job I agree but feel sorry for you at the same time its with Chase

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

l002981 in Ohio

83 months ago

AT JPMC no matter what you know and how good worker you are but WHO YOU KNOW :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

blah77 in Fremont, California

82 months ago

As a heritage Washington Mutual employee, I can tell you that compared to the WaMu work environment, Chase leaves a whole lot to be desired. Under Chase, the one biggest trend I've noticed is that the upper management is bent on turning your average lower to mid level employee into a mindless drone (akin to a worker bee in a hive). At least this is the case on the consumer banking side. Chase does not like individuality. Chase also does not want free thinking. They want you to follow a set doctrine (literally written in stone) and carry it out regardless of the circumstances. Sure they allow you room for some *personalizing* in the form of using your own words instead of reading the script word for word but come now, that's little more than putting lipstick on a pig.

I constantly hear "oh, this technique works great in New York so you should do it" from the trainers and consultants. Nevermind the fact that as far as local cultures/behaviors go, California is as different from the "New York way" as it can possibly be. It's the same reason why some people can adjust to living a certain area of the country while others can't stand it. I've lived on the east coast for 15 years (Washington D.C.) and now California for 6 so yeah, I think I would know. If I want to experience the "New York way" of doing things, I would've moved to NYC instead of the Bay area 6 years ago.

In anycase, I'm far too individualistic to be pigeonholed into the role of a drone in anybody's hive. Thanks Chase but my IQ is in the top 80 percentile so yeah, I can think for myself. To quote a famous clown from the 90's "Homie don't play that". I won't be staying with Chase long and neither will many of my former WaMu colleagues. Especially not after the incentive plan restructing which will ensure everyone in my line of business will be taking a 33% paycut. As a matter of fact, many of them have already left or retired. Smart. My turn is coming up next, definitely within the next quarter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

l002981 in Ohio

82 months ago

if you dontwoantto loose your mind and self esteem... LEAVE you will be better off .. Like me I worked for anothe comapny for couple of years but than the company files bankruptsy and let go hundreds of people .. and they let go in a proper ways like company does ... No problem but CHASE IS NIGHTMARE.. still it gives me anxiety

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

annoyed in Elgin, Illinois

80 months ago

I work in the elgin office, It seems like every week there is someone hauled out in a stretcher from the stress and poor life habits induced by the stress mongers we call management. The city of elgin had to put a hospital closer to our building because we had so many ambulance calls. Most people have to work weekends, and forget about going to the bathroom, yes they monitor how many times you pee. They even have people who walk around and ask if you are ok. Couple times I told them no I wasn't ok, and they walked away after getting an answer. They clearly don' care. At the beginning of employment they tell you how easy it is to get promoted, and how if you work hard you'll soon have a decent job, but this never comes and they will always find a reason not to give you a decent job. The way they fire people is a joke, they come take you in a room, and next thing you know you are escorted out by security, you don't even get to say good bye to your co workers. Most days you feel like you are in the holocaust or a sweat camp. Your headset is your ball and chain. Also every year when they do employment satisfaction surveys, most of the managers don't even notice of their employees that they need to fill them out, so most of the information isn't communicated in those surveys. If you like working in an environment similar to auschwitz with the small hope that someday they will allow you to do more stressful work at the same pay, this is the place for you.

pinkgirl in Columbus, Ohio

78 months ago

You are so correct, JP MORGAN CHASE BANK IS A SWEATSHOP!! I was ranked #3 for processor loan closings several months in a row, however, my Supervisor wrote me up for production so they would have an excuse to not pay bonuses or commissions. They will ALWAYS find a way to cheat their employees out of money and justify outsourcing Americas jobs to Manilla and other places in the Philippines, another example of many is if you start with Chaseworks or other temp agency any loan that is assigned or application for loan dated during your temp time (which was several hundred to each temp processor)you are not eligible for the commission or bonuses on these loans even if you worked on the loan from day one and it closes after your official start date as full time perm. Chase employee! And it should come as no surprise that Chase Supervisors and VPs will not tell you these facts so they can get more loans closed without paying the ones who did all the work! Google "JP Morgan Chase fines" to find out about all the fines Chase has been given for lying, cheating, deceit to employees and investors not to mention the help Chase gave Enron and other big companies to cheat their investors too all so they could give money to themselves and their friends! Guess I didn't make the friend list but I have started a lawsuit against Chase for denying my unemployment, wrongful termination, discrimination, and so much more and my attorneys feel very confident of winning with all of my documentation, including over 950 different documents of Supervisor's emails, pipeline reports, conversation logs and so many other pieces evidencing Chase's lying, cheating, and theft! It is my sincere hope that anyone thinking of becoming an employee or customer of JP Morgan Chase Bank will do your homework, read everything in here, and do Google searches to make a wise and informed decision so you can save yourself from the pain, anxiety, and aggravation this Bank is known to for!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

jroll in Williamsburg, Virginia

78 months ago

I think what you are reading is that although you see a happy employee every now and again, in large part employees on the retail side do not last long. I have worked at Chase for 3 years and can honestly say that most, if not all, of what you read is accurate. Some like this kind of work environment, but most will not. I do feel zapped everyday and management doesn't care about your prior performance. Walk into two or three different branches and see how many bankers are over 35? I worked with a guy with over 30 years with the bank. Here recently they threaten to fire him for average performance. He was a top performer for 10 straight years. Some advise, once you have a job start looking for another.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

MilanDenise in Merrick, New York

74 months ago

Susan L in Huntington, New York said: Hi all, I also work for JPMorgan Chase in Manhattan as a financial advisor but I feel they don't pay me enough as living on Long Island is getting too expensive. The stress is unbelievable!

Thinking about doing some extra work from home to make more money, what do you think?

Susan

Hey Susan,

how long have you been working for them? Are you relatively still "out of college"? Would you say your position is more "back-office" or "front-office"? I want to work for JPMorgan Chase, despite all the negative criticism I am reading and learning of on Indeed.com, my outlook on things is different and I kind of need this to strengthen my background in banking and corporate structure. Can I forward you my Resume please?

yosephshair@gmail.com

Thank You Kindly,

Milan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stressed in Pontiac, Michigan

71 months ago

JPMC is a terrible place to work. The system they use to process their mortgage loans is a joke. The whole thing is so unorganzied they want you to produce but the way they do things is so cumbersome. Very Very stressful I can't wait to find something else and I am looking. I am a hard worker and I love to be busy and work OT sometimes. I do not like to be told that you have to work ot because I was not able to process X amount of loans because of the unorganized way they do things. You cant just process you have to answer all calls even if they are not for you and now they want to monitor how long you are in bathroom. Give me a break too much micro mgnmt too much chaos for me. I worked for a family friendly regional bank that was awesome. I have a life outside of Chase and I am not going to work myself to death and have a heart attack because of they run their operations. HORRIBLE!!!!!! Dont work there go someplace else!!!!

yrgriffin in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

71 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at JPMorgan Chase?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at JPMorgan Chase?

Hello fellow posters. I hear you and feel your pain. I can actually help you with your hatered of your job. I am a recruiter and I have open position in hundreds of fields, with in all different types of industry many here in Michigan, many in the finacial industry. If you want out and want a job you can work for but not dread going to work every day, then when you list a post list a personal informal email so people like me can contact you about open position not at Chase. if you do not wnt to post in the info then please by all means contact me directly , SEND me your resume! my web link to contact me at:

www.linkedin.com/in/yvonnegriffintoplinkedin

do not just take it, Do not just complain about your crappy job do something about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

RCLeigh in Northern, California

71 months ago

schaplin in Danville, California said: I'm thinking of relocating from Northern California to take a job with JPMorgan Chase, in their Irving, Tx (Dallas) mortgage operation. I would be interested in a management position (Loss Mitigation, REO Dept.). I'm not from CA originally, so it doesn't bother me to work in TX, actually, it would be refreshing to deal with 'real' people for a change! Can anyone provide some insight on the Irving location working atmosphere? Thank you.

Hi Sim, did end up taking a job with JP Morgan Chase? The people in Irving are 'real' people, I would hope the same is true about the employees there. Good luck to you.

KikiTippy in Saint George, Utah

71 months ago

ROYC in PATTERSON, New York said: As I expected Chase came back with their standard "justifiable Termination" in their EEOC response.
My lawyer was not much help after reviewing their position, I am preparing my answer to those charges, and will probably try to get another lawyer. I need to talk to some current and former employes who have experienced some form of discrimination here in the NYC area.
If anyone can help me here, or I can be of help to anyone here in the NYC area, please do not hesitate to contact me, then we can talk offline.

I have recently been interviewed by EEOC in charges I filed against Chase for discrimination/retaliation in ADA case. I'd love to talk with anyone who has similar case.

KikiTippy in Saint George, Utah

71 months ago

l002981 in Ohio said: In my case what I went through a lot and it is kind of my treatment to get this case to trial , I have already paid to my lawyer and still paying and I am not even sure what will be the end but I know with the bottom of my heart that it was not fair what they did to me, I am still suffering the damage dont to my self esteem and other stuff so I am gone fight , go for trial and than depands on jury what they think as these jury members are people like us .. I will accept their decession but atleast I will know that I fight back for what I believed in and did not gave up...

I too have filed with EEOC. Not so much for monetary compensation but to set the manager straight that you cannot treat peoople like garbage, break the ADA laws and get away with it. I'm just getting started in the process but would like to hear from others who are further along to know what to expect. Thanks.

70 months ago

KikiTippy in Saint George, Utah said: I too have filed with EEOC. Not so much for monetary compensation but to set the manager straight that you cannot treat peoople like garbage, break the ADA laws and get away with it. I'm just getting started in the process but would like to hear from others who are further along to know what to expect. Thanks.

JPMC will deny the violations. I don't have good result with the EEOC rep when I don't have a lawyer to speakup for me. In my case, JPMC waited and created the opportune time to retaliate against me. JPMC have a team of lawyers to setup the plan with a explanation to cover up the retaliation. It's extreme painful and stressful. Good luck!

70 months ago

KikiTippy in Saint George, Utah said: I too have filed with EEOC. Not so much for monetary compensation but to set the manager straight that you cannot treat peoople like garbage, break the ADA laws and get away with it. I'm just getting started in the process but would like to hear from others who are further along to know what to expect. Thanks.

No matter what happens at EEOC, for your own protection, keep a written record of unfair treatments or mistreatments that you are subject to. Don't argue with your manager. Do as you are told to do. Don't give your manager a chance to rate you as "not performing". This is the only way to get justice in case you get adverse treatments after filing with EEOC. You are protected under ADA "anti-retaliation".

Laws are out there, but justice requires action if you want to claim it and justice is not easy nor cheap.

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

65 months ago

What is the culture at Chase? Corrupt, deceiving, and just plain impossible to deal with, just like they treat their customers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

mouth almighty in San Antonio, Texas

60 months ago

rt in Freehold, New Jersey said: WELL SAID!!!

NOT!Chase has no idea what they are doing in the credit card arena except to under train,over charge and hire people who are "yes" men or homosexual or Hispanic to achieve merrit!
If you are liked you will get promoted..or homosexual or under 5 foot or Hispanic....
If you smart savvy and have business acumen speak your mind and bring a realistic view to the table...you will get the shaft!
You have to watch the paycheck or you will be cheated,you will be threatened that your job is on the line. If you are offered an incentive it will change -----that's the motto..."the "c" in Chase if for change...the ch in Chase is for Chaos!
It is with out a doubt the worst job I have ever had. In my 57 years of working.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Disgruntled Current Employee in Monroe Township, New Jersey

60 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at JPMorgan Chase?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at JPMorgan Chase?

BUUUUUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAA---Happy Hour! Oh that is rich.

60 months ago

Procsr in San Antonio, Texas said: I've recently started with Chase, and have many friends and family currently employed with chase. I felt compelled to comment because of all the negative comments posted. To those that have posted with bad experiences, I'm sorry it didn't work out. However, if you work hard for Chase, they will work hard for you. It's that simple. The benefits at Chase are very generous and the facilities at the chase site are far beyond average. If you read any forum comments on any of the most successful companies you will find most of the comments are from disgruntled employees. I feel blessed that chase gave me an opportunity to join, and everyday management lets us now how valuable we are to the company. They also let us now that we have a job to do, and if your struggling they are there for help and support. I would encourage anyone interested in Chase to apply. Chase encourages employees to be active in the community and provides the help and resources to do so. So there you have it, Chase treats my coworkers, my family, my community and I with respect and value. Chase is incredibly diverse, and its apparent that those who succeed are the ones with great attendance and positive attitudes. So again to anyone that's interested in joining Chase, I would hope you apply. In closing I would like to add, that I'm not an HR rep or manager, I'm posting this as an fairly new employee. My friends, family, and I can all attest to the fact that yes, Chase asks you to be on time and do your job. If you can do that, you WILL Succeed. Today I'm off, but I know when I return to work, there will be a positive work environment and unlimited opportunity awaiting me at JP Morgan Chase. My community loves Chase.

Now that the honeymoon is over and you have had time to see the underbelly of the beast, how do you feel today? Maybe you landed in the one decently managed location in the company. I wasnt that lucky, my exit strategy started in month 5

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Team_Work_Works in Columbus, Ohio said: Chase is smart enough to have a face for the public to see. The face the employees see is completely opposite. The "brand" Chase, if you've noticed from commercials, is happiness, vibrant and caring. This is the opposite of how the employees are treated. As I've said before. The work environment is horrible unless you are in management. Then it is a cake walk.

trust me, as someone who is currently in management, it is no picnic in there either, in fact I think the pressure is applied even more harshly. No one is immune.

Chasing gold in Columbus, Ohio

58 months ago

I understand that a lot of individuals, especially in ops roles and Retail branch roles have had a tough time at Chase. I think its the nature of the type of job to some extent. I want to provide my personal experience from Bank One to JP Morgan. I started 13 years ago in an Investment Operations group, in the next 13 years my salary has tripled and I have worked everywhere From IT and Private Bank to Retail. JP Morgan is what you make it to some degree, I make a good salary decent benefits, I work about 50-55 hours a week, but its flexible, some days i work 8 some i work 10 or 11. I think as long as you have a good manager and are a hard working intelligent person, you can have success. Keep in mind its a huge company with tons of opportunity to move around, if you dont like where you are or who you are working for network and move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

thinking in Hampton, Virginia

58 months ago

Hello, Im interviewing for a position as a loan processor but want to know what the work is like. Is it like a call center? Are you connected to a headset all day? Any help would be appreciated because if this is another call center I won't waste my time.

Cats Meow in New York, New York

57 months ago

thinking in Hampton, Virginia said: Hello, Im interviewing for a position as a loan processor but want to know what the work is like. Is it like a call center? Are you connected to a headset all day? Any help would be appreciated because if this is another call center I won't waste my time.

Dear Thinking, if you get hired as a processor, you will not be processing at all, instead you will be doing the sales persons job of trying to submit the file properly. You will uploading PDF's in a crummy system called CLOSER that is slow and goes down every other day, you will stressed out and you will hate your job because CHASE has no idea how to originate loans, but they do know how to micro manage every step and turn a department into a nightmare. The turn over is extremely high. Underwriters are not underwriters either, they are really just senior processors, because any manual overlays must go to HQ in FL. If its only a stepping stone then use it as such but move on quickly because Chase has a penchant for burning its people. That is what makes them profitable. As seen in three pages of posts about how unethical the company is and how horrible of a place it is to work, If you can find something else, by all means avoid the company. Good luck and keep searching.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

scarlett in Denver, Colorado

57 months ago

I was recently hired by chase as a personal banker in Denver making 32k base salary. I am set to start this coming however, yesterday another bank offered me a personal banker position with a starting salary of 38k. Although that is not a HUGE salary jump it is enough to make a difference to me. Today I called the chase branch manager to discuss the position and the incentives and bonuses and he tried very hard to dissuade me from taking the job with the other bank go so far as to promise that I would be making 55-60k a year after incentives and bonuses. While these grand promises of making almost double my base salary in incentive pay are tempting, I am skeptical. I worked as a Relationship Banker for a very sound bank in North Carolina and I have never heard of such high pay outs for personal bankers ever particularly in this economy. I am also hesitant to buy what this manager was selling because he seemed to be a bit of a "slick car sales man" type. In contrast to the chase manager the manager at the other bank was very down to earth and did not make huge promises of large pay outs. Any last minute advice or perspective will help. Are these big promises something I can believe in or just wishful thinking? I am confident in my sales abilities but wise to the reality of bank pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ash in Los Angeles, California

56 months ago

I would take the other job offer. Chase is an awful bank to work for. The only way you can make that much commission is if you are placed in a branch that has a lot of foot traffic and you're able to retain customers that have a lot of money and can make referrals to their friends. I worked for Chase for 2.5 years. Granted, I was a teller but all the bankers I worked with were under constant stress and threat of losing their jobs if they didn't obtain almost impossible sales goals. Not only that but if you have a customer who already has a relationship with the branch and they decide to open another account, you will not receive any credit for it (it doesn't go towards your sales goal). Management is insufficient and incompetent and it doesn't surprise me at all that you described the Chase manager as a "slick car salesman". You will only be an incentive to him. If you don't meet those lofty goals, he will be breathing down your neck because he won't be getting his bonuses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

scarlett in Denver, Colorado

56 months ago

Ash in Los Angeles, California said: I would take the other job offer. Chase is an awful bank to work for. The only way you can make that much commission is if you are placed in a branch that has a lot of foot traffic and you're able to retain customers that have a lot of money and can make referrals to their friends. I worked for Chase for 2.5 years. Granted, I was a teller but all the bankers I worked with were under constant stress and threat of losing their jobs if they didn't obtain almost impossible sales goals. Not only that but if you have a customer who already has a relationship with the branch and they decide to open another account, you will not receive any credit for it (it doesn't go towards your sales goal). Management is insufficient and incompetent and it doesn't surprise me at all that you described the Chase manager as a "slick car salesman". You will only be an incentive to him. If you don't meet those lofty goals, he will be breathing down your neck because he won't be getting his bonuses.

Thanks Ash. I decided to go with the other company. Although they are not as large here in Denver as chase I think it is a better move for me. The base is higher and I did the math and it looks like the bonus pay will be on par with Chase. I just had a MUCH better gut instinct about the manager and the workplace environment with the other company.

William in San Jose, California

54 months ago

Yesterday, I was terminated from my employment with chase. I was hired by the old branch manager, back in may of last year. She was great, very nice, caring, had good moral and ethics. She eventually left chase in october of last year and took a position over at US Bank. For a month and a half, our ABM ran the branch until we had a replacement branch manager named Shaila, who was brought in early dec. 2011. From day one, this new manager was brutal. She was constantly micromanaging and using her position to intimidate. I was one of the top 2 in our branch (5 bankers) every month from my 3rd month onward in terms of production, including september 2011 when i was 5th in the entire district (out of 107 bankers). I called HR and they did not help. I emailed our district manager, who came one time to meet with both myself and this new manager.

Things only got worse from that point forward. The 2nd week the manager came in, she told me specifically that she had higher expectations for me. I found this to be very unfair because I was making the same as the other bankers, and had no banking experience, and was not licensed. We had a banker who was licensed and 2 others who had been with the company longer than I have yet she told me specifically she had higher expectations for me. I was the only one working every call night and every saturday unless I had requested it off 2 months in advance.

Also, favoritism at this point was becoming rampant. I was being held on different attendance standards than others, and was written up for calling in sick for the 2nd time this year (other bankers had called in 4 and 6 times and not been even documented). i was shown the door for being insubordinant (not coachable) and attendance. I have filed a claim with EEOC and am doing research for getting a lawyer for discrimination, wrongful termination, and favoritism. Would love to hear an update on others who have done the same. Reading this forum is insightful, but discouraging.

Annemp in NY, New York

54 months ago

I bet you made the right decision -- good luck at your new bank!

I would never recommend someone join chase on the retail side of things, at a branch I mean. The culture of micromanagement is stifling...you are not meant to think for yourself. They give you scripts to use, have the same darn meeting every single morning about the same dumb stuff. -- the managers eavesdrop on you to make sure you are saying the right "phrases" and of course the secret shoppers are scoring you too. If you happen to get a great branch with lots of traffic and it's not in a poor area you can make good money but havivng someone else decide your schedule and watch your every move is brutal. The sudden late call nights were bad -- we very often had very little advance warning as if we did not have our lives to take care of.

There were so many branches in my area (NY) and the 10 bankers in my branch fought constantly about who stole who's sale...very back-stabbing.

I tell my coworkers horror stories from chase and they cannot believe the stuff that went on. Many unethical actions were not reported and were overlooked by management -- they brushed off complaints as long as the banker was bringing in $. The culture is demoralizing and degrading. Leaving was the best decision i ever made. I only stayed 6 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dudley

42 months ago

Chase is Disgusting in Naperville, Illinois said: I know you will read this and think, alas, one more disgruntled employee who could not cut it. I find Chase is the WORST company. I have worked for GREAT Companies: Edward Jones, FNIC, Time Warner, Johnson & Johnson and they all ARE fine tuned machines making profit! Yet, they were decent to the HUMAN BEING. CHASE IS NOT! This is a horrible company.

I believe the best way to get back a Chase is to continue to publish, blog, and communicate to the public its true colors. Also, if you must be in the financial industry which in itself is a questionable profession find an honest company and do something that really brings value to the client. Perhaps being an accountant or a tax advisor with the ability to counsel the client in financial matters and to sell well diversified mutual funds appropriately to the client. The Financial Advisor at Chase is a joke. Don't even go there.

See this::

www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/JPMorgan-Chase/JP-Morgan-Unethical-Sales-Practices-Compliance-Problems/t466803

Dudley

42 months ago

JPMC exemployee nyc in New York, New York said: Go search cases on EEOC and look for similar existing cases as yours before you anwser any charges. If you can, get those cases relate to JPMorgan Chase . You may get so call "pattern" that Chase HR apply to fire /layoff people. "Westlaw" requires fees.

Many attorneys are not as good as they claim. Many attorneys do not even want to fight against Chase. Also, when you fight, you may lose your next job opportunitity.

See this:

www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/JPMorgan-Chase/JP-Morgan-Unethical-Sales-Practices-Compliance-Problems/t466803

Rosey Red in New York, New York

29 months ago

Currently a teller at JP Morgan Chase and man is it a stressful job. Most stressful and degrading job I have ever had in my entire life. Management is horrible, I've been spoken to disrespectfully many times especially when I first started. Now that I have been here for more then a year I snap more easily instead of keeping it inside; but boy am I leaving very soon. I am fed up with all their lack of professionalism, they expect you to be PERFECT yet they are not leading examples. This company sucks so much, I never banked with them in the past and only banked with them after working here but they gave me a very good reason why not to when I leave.I am not only speaking about my experience but in behalf of the 15 plus that have left the company in just a year within the branch. JPM if you are reading this you have to work from the bottom to be at the top, so start at the source.I confirm all those comments regarding making employees like their managers. I am positive that some co workers are robotic like because of management. Everyone that wants to grow better work their behinds off-- by that I mean do everything in the branch including the managers job and be walked over as well.

Contractor in New Albany, Ohio

18 months ago

The KYC department is a joke. The managers are self driven versus team driven. They do not lead or allow others to be successful unless of course they like you. It is very hard to respect a manager that listens to what others say or are guided by lies. The entire department from the head down through the self-centered managers who often can't answer questions related to there own work. It's ridiculous!

LD in Darby, Pennsylvania

15 days ago

FE in Owosso, Michigan said: Ill tell what a lot of companies have that JPMC does not.
1. Integrity
2. Vision
3. Respect for the individual
4. Stewardship
5. Leadership
6. Proper coaching and mentoring programs
7. Conception of how hard their current employees work
8. Realization that the people they let go or crush are more than a number or dollar value

Bottom line JPMC is an employee mill with a constant revolving door. DO NOT WORK THERE IF YOU WANT ANY LIFE, FAMILY OR WANT TO RAMIAN IN GOOD HEALTH .

100 true. Mgmt only wants to hire recent grads to save salary... knowing the new hires work hard -- hoping to advance. After 1st annual review & comp they plot to leave as they realize quickly they have been punked. Chase thrives on the young and promises so little.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.