When I worked at Chase

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 164)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Joel, Former Sr. Sales Rep at Chase in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

When I worked at the 72nd St branch of Chase I did some amazing things that were always downplayed by management because I was black. Had I been white I would have achieved VP of my own branch in a short period of time. One of my greatest success was getting an appointment with the Controller of one of the most prestigious auction houses in the world. The higher ups in the bank’s Bank at Work Department had been trying to get their feet into this auction house for years without any success. One day when I was calling on business in my area I decided to give the auction house a call so I picked up the phone, called them and asked to speak to the personal who handled the banking for the company and I was immediately transferred to the controller who agreed to meet with me the following week to learn more about the Bank at work program and how it could benefit the auction house and its employees. As a courtesy I called the AVP in charge of Bank at work to invite her on the appointment and she exploded with excitement and disbelief because they had been trying for years to get an appointment with that auction house without success. She was so excited she told me that she would be calling her boss (the VP of the area she worked) who was on vacation to let him know the good news!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

Joel, Former Sr. Sales Rep at Chase in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Part 2

A week went by and the day of the appointment was here and the AVP along with two other men was walking into my branch. The AVP rushed over to my desk and introduced a man who she said was her boss she said that he interrupted his vacation because he wanted to go on the appointment at the auction house today and then she introduced me to a man from our electronic banking and payroll services area of the bank and said he wanted to come along too. They were so excited like someone had given them a happy pill or some joy juice. As I am getting ready to leave the AVP tells me that they did not think it would be good for me to go on the appointment because there would be too many people and that the Controller at the auction house might feel crowded.

I was kicked out of going on my own appointment and the appointment did result in a group sale for the auction houses employees, direct deposit services, on site ATM’s and a $13 million dollar line of credit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Andrew in Mesa, Arizona

98 months ago

Tough story, and a real shame that you didn't get the opportunity to join in on the meeting with that potential customer. I imagine, however, that the bank wanted what they believed to be the most qualified people in the room to help close that important sale. Just because you made the appointment, doesn't mean you were the best person to close that particular business.

Why do you think that your race had anything to do with that situation? Don't be too quick to play that card without providing strong justification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

? in Medford, New Jersey

98 months ago

That really stinks. What a bunch of glory grabbers!
A lame and laughable excuse for you not attending - "feel crowded"? At an auction house? C'mon. That's not a reason. That's intentional exclusion.

You obviously had enough knowledge to convince them to meet with you, so I think common courtesy and common sense (neither of which are very common these days) should dictate that you attend the appointment.

I can see the reason for additional support, but imagine the controller's confusion or annoyance (bait and switch) when you didn't come to the meeting.

I hope you didn't miss out on any commissions or bonuses.

Again, real sorry that happened to you.

Hang in there. You are surely talented and it will be recognized soon or at another company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Andrew in Mesa, Arizona said: Tough story, and a real shame that you didn't get the opportunity to join in on the meeting with that potential customer. I imagine, however, that the bank wanted what they believed to be the most qualified people in the room to help close that important sale. Just because you made the appointment, doesn't mean you were the best person to close that particular business.

Why do you think that your race had anything to do with that situation? Don't be too quick to play that card without providing strong justification.

Track record that is why! I have closed the sale on millions of dollars in mortgage and home equity loan, business loans; new bank at work relationships, multimillion-dollar business accounts and the list goes on. For you to say I just made the appointment tells me that you know nothing about sales because getting your foot in the door of any business is the most challenging part of the sales process. The fact that they had been trying for years without success to get their foot in the door and I did it on one phone call tells you who is the better sales person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

I was one of the best!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Work at your own risk!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

98 months ago

You still have not addressed the idea of race. Sure you are talented and sure you probably should have been included in the meeting but you weren't.

You say it is track record but you give no indication that there was racial bias. For example, were all the others in the meeting or the company of another race? As Andrew said, don't be too quick to play that card without providing strong justification. If you use the so called "race card" too often it just dilutes the impact and it frankly has little validity in this day and age. People are just tired of hearing how everything bad that happens to a person is somehow because of their race.

And that comment is not racist, it is a fact, and it is about people in general. You never hear a person complaining that they didn't get what they wanted or expected because they are Italian or because they are of Portuguese descent or because they emigrated from the continent of Africa. You do yourself no favors nor your race any favors for bringing out the race card without having reason to deal it is my opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky said: You still have not addressed the idea of race. Sure you are talented and sure you probably should have been included in the meeting but you weren't.

You say it is track record but you give no indication that there was racial bias. For example, were all the others in the meeting or the company of another race? As Andrew said, don't be too quick to play that card without providing strong justification. If you use the so called "race card" too often it just dilutes the impact and it frankly has little validity in this day and age. People are just tired of hearing how everything bad that happens to a person is somehow because of their race.

And that comment is not racist, it is a fact, and it is about people in general. You never hear a person complaining that they didn't get what they wanted or expected because they are Italian or because they are of Portuguese descent or because they emigrated from the continent of Africa. You do yourself no favors nor your race any favors for bringing out the race card without having reason to deal it is my opinion.

I am not going to spend a lot of time debating the issues of race discrimination with you at JP Morgan Chase because it is clear that you have your mind made up that it does not exist so why wastes the time. What I will say is this; if I had to prove it with a preponderance of evidence in a court of law I would be able to do so without a problem. When I stated in the branch system back in 1990 white people were running out of the branches and getting other jobs within the bank that did not require them to work so hard by selling every bank product imaginable the only ones who stayed in the branches were minorities because mobility within the bank was harder for blacks than whites. For the most part branch banking churns out low-level hard working service people that is why they are not mandating a college degree because folks with degrees relies that there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

I recall some of my experiences; one where we had a management trainee in the branch this was around the time when we hired a business development officer for our branch. The bank looked like it was trying to attract whites into the branch by creating theses redundant positions, I call them redundant because the branch manager, sales manager and the sr. sales rep were doing the same thing that the business development officer was hired for but now we also had to generate leads for him. Getting back to the point, I can remember clearly as if it were yesterday John and Randy were standing next to the service counter looking over at the tellers and the other branch staff and they asked me, “Joel why is there such a disproportionate amount of blacks working in the branch?’ My quick reply to them was, “did we say that when branch banking had a predominantly white staff

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

I remember how more than one white bank officer would ask me with a smile, “Joel, why do you talk like a white boy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

The racism at Chase was systemic there was not just one thing. For example, black men who were confident and exertive were called arrogant N*ggers, black and Latino women who were exertive and confident were called d$kes and %itches and white women who were exertive were just called *itches.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

ER in San Antonio, Texas

98 months ago

Joel, I am sorry you had that experience. Please don't blame all "white" people for their shotty behavior. Not all people are that way. Business is very cut-throat and you can expect that kind of crappy behavior just because people seem to be every man for themselves. I have too been exposed to prejudiced for being an overweight, over 40year old woman. Higher ups especially are typical for being the "glory grabbers" as mentioned before. When you swim with sharks, don't be suprised when they bite when they are "hungry". These sharks were desperately "hungry" it seems. That was a coveted account that they wanted their name on the glory tickets. Don't become a shark too though, then you will have sold your soul. The things these people do are shameless. Please don't blame all white people for the actions of these glory mongers. And as for the comment to the one white bank officer asking you why you spoke like a white boy, he was just about as dumb as a box of rocks. Racism, ageism, and all kinds of prejudice exist, we all have to fight it every day. I wish I had better advice, if you are a spiritual person, follow your belief that good overcomes bad. You have to be true to yourself, still strive to be the best at work, you are the person who has to like what they see when you look in the mirror each morning. Continue to shine bright at work, play for the good, be an example of what professional is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Thank you ER in San Antonio! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

98 months ago

Joel in Amityville, New York said: ... if I had to prove it with a preponderance of evidence in a court of law I would be able to do so without a problem.

If that is true and you feel discriminated against, then do so and take it to court. You just spin your wheels complaining about it here on a forum where none of us can do anything about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

98 months ago

Joel in Amityville, New York said: ...I can remember clearly as if it were yesterday John and Randy were standing next to the service counter looking over at the tellers and the other branch staff and they asked me, “Joel why is there such a disproportionate amount of blacks working in the branch?’ My quick reply to them was, “did we say that when branch banking had a predominantly white staff

They asked for your opinion and being as you are black they figured you might have a clue. Businesses desire to have a good mix in racial and ethnic situations so customers from a mixed group all feel comfortable doing business there. Perhaps they were concerned that there were too many blacks and they wondered why the whites had left. Instead of turning it into a defensive situation, you might have told them the same story of "white flight" from the branches and that would have been seen as constructive rather than just a racist remark.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

98 months ago

Joel in Amityville, New York said: I remember how more than one white bank officer would ask me with a smile, “Joel, why do you talk like a white boy?

And the smile should have told you he wanted you to loosen up about the race chip on your shoulder. People have always said things like this. It is just friendly banter. You walk up to a pudgy guy and say, Joe, should I call the local dognut shop and have them truck in another load or do you think they will have enough to get you through the week? If they thought Joe was really sensitive about his weight, they wouldn't say that to him.

What they think is you are fully assimilated into the environment and they feel comfortable enough around you to even joke about race with you. You are the racist by taking it negatively and hating them because they are white it seems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

98 months ago

Joel in Amityville, New York said: The racism at Chase was systemic there was not just one thing. For example, black men who were confident and exertive were called arrogant N*ggers, black and Latino women who were exertive and confident were called d$kes and %itches and white women who were exertive were just called *itches.

That sounds equal. Even though abusive it wasn't like they were calling the white folks angels. Everybody got a zinger.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

98 months ago

ER in San Antonio, Texas said: ... Higher ups especially are typical for being the "glory grabbers" as mentioned before.

And that in a nutshell is the truth. It has nothing whatsoever to do with race, it is just "dog eat dog" business.

Some business people are more aggressive than others and if they think they can get you to turn tail and run they will use whatever they can to make you disgusted. Whether it be your age or your race or your obesity, or your height or your sexual orientation or your gender or any other thng that you may be sensitive about.

You can even see that on these forums where people will try to convince me my opinion isn't valid because of my age and even try to send me away from a conversation. if you are that sensitive to hard ball office politics, you don't belong at that level of business.

In essence it wasn't really "your appointment" at the auction house. You don't seem to be much of a team player. Why couldn't you be happy that the result was the same (more business for the bank) instead of turning it into a personal affront and even worse into a racial discrimination event?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

You try to rationalize the truth away but you cannot spin it that way. I that you are only convincing yourself and you are making me laugh in the process Additionally, this forum is for everyone to express their opinions and tell of their experiences working for Chase. If you choose to believe that racism doesn’t exist in business today that is your preparative just be very careful when someone tries to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

You are looking at the world through rose-colored glasses call me when you decide to take them off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky said: They asked for your opinion and being as you are black they figured you might have a clue. Businesses desire to have a good mix in racial and ethnic situations so customers from a mixed group all feel comfortable doing business there. Perhaps they were concerned that there were too many blacks and they wondered why the whites had left. Instead of turning it into a defensive situation, you might have told them the same story of "white flight" from the branches and that would have been seen as constructive rather than just a racist remark.

How old are you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky said: And the smile should have told you he wanted you to loosen up about the race chip on your shoulder. People have always said things like this. It is just friendly banter. You walk up to a pudgy guy and say, Joe, should I call the local dognut shop and have them truck in another load or do you think they will have enough to get you through the week? If they thought Joe was really sensitive about his weight, they wouldn't say that to him.

What they think is you are fully assimilated into the environment and they feel comfortable enough around you to even joke about race with you. You are the racist by taking it negatively and hating them because they are white it seems.


What planet are you from?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Antoine in Houston, Texas

98 months ago

Glass ceiling and race discrimination (as well as age, and now religious believes discrimination) is real in the majority of corporate america. It is pure denial to say otherwise. If you, Joel, have concrete documentation that you were being discriminated solely due to your race then contact the EEOC. The EEOC staffs are knowledgeable of the law and can advise you of the right direction to go. You don't have to file a formal complaint with the EEOC nor bring the issue to court if those aren't the right approaches to solve the problem. The key is to have substantiated documentation because I am sure the EEOC would want have some kinds of reasonnable cause that a case exists before they allocate their resources in resolving the situation. It is sad that in this stage in age that racism is still a huge barrier against career advancement. But the law is on your side, know it and use it when appropriate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Antoine in Houston, Texas said: Glass ceiling and race discrimination (as well as age, and now religious believes discrimination) is real in the majority of corporate america. It is pure denial to say otherwise. If you, Joel, have concrete documentation that you were being discriminated solely due to your race then contact the EEOC. The EEOC staffs are knowledgeable of the law and can advise you of the right direction to go. You don't have to file a formal complaint with the EEOC nor bring the issue to court if those aren't the right approaches to solve the problem. The key is to have substantiated documentation because I am sure the EEOC would want have some kinds of reasonnable cause that a case exists before they allocate their resources in resolving the situation. It is sad that in this stage in age that racism is still a huge barrier against career advancement. But the law is on your side, know it and use it when appropriate.
Thank you read my full story at:

sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/after-i-was-fired.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

98 months ago

Joel in Amityville, New York said: How old are you?

Actually I am white and 64 years old. I have lived through the times when blacks were not even allowed to vote - through the times when blacks tried to change things by force and violence - through the times when Dr. King advocated non-violence and stood on the steps of the US government and convinced blacks to use the system to make the change - through the times when qualified people would lose a job because the company wanted to hire blacks to make the mix more equal - through the times when some companies would hire blacks and put them in a very visible postion so they looked like they were being non-racist - through the times when blacks were killed for their skin color and their churches burned - through the times when the situation turned to reverse discrimination and whites were discriminated against for fear of antagonizing the minorities - through today when people like Condoleezza Rice is a highly respected official of the US government and is living proof of Dr, King's dream.

To try to destroy all that history and progress because of one company and your personal experience is unfair to everybody. Again.... if you feel you are beig discriminated against then take it to court like any person would. It's useless to just go on complaining that nothing has changed. You are doing a disservice to all of those who died to get you where you are today. You are not special because of your race - you are just equal to everybody else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

You watch too much TV and you make assumption about life, history and the esteem of others. Being old does not necessarily make you wise or experienced and putting on rose-colored glasses and pretending that all things are perfect does not help anyone. We can only progress as a people by speaking out against injustice because silence is equivalent to acceptance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Antoine in Houston, Texas

98 months ago

Joel, please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't get the same message as Call me Charlie from your comments who stated that you were complaining that racism had not changed over the years. I think you'll agree with me and with Call me Charlie that things have improved historically on the racism front. There are still much to be done. The point I got from Joel comments was that he was expressing his view for being unfairly treated due to his race. Like I have mentioned earlier, consult with the EEOC if you think that can help. Tell them your situation and they can give their unbiased view on whether your suspicion was correct or whether there might be unfounded frustration. It is like getting a second opinion from experts in the equal employent opporunity field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Antoine in Houston, Texas said: Joel, please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't get the same message as Call me Charlie from your comments who stated that you were complaining that racism had not changed over the years. I think you'll agree with me and with Call me Charlie that things have improved historically on the racism front. There are still much to be done. The point I got from Joel comments was that he was expressing his view for being unfairly treated due to his race. Like I have mentioned earlier, consult with the EEOC if you think that can help. Tell them your situation and they can give their unbiased view on whether your suspicion was correct or whether there might be unfounded frustration. It is like getting a second opinion from experts in the equal employent opporunity field.

My story went past racial discrimination to sexual harassment, which I did report to the EEOC and I did receive a right to sue letter and I did sue Chase in Federal Court.

sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/after-i-was-fired.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

98 months ago

Joel in Amityville, New York said: My story went past racial discrimination to sexual harassment, which I did report to the EEOC and I did receive a right to sue letter and I did sue Chase in Federal Court.

sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/after-i-was-fired.html

Oh now it's a sexual thing. I am done with this silly debate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky said: Oh now it's a sexual thing. I am done with this silly debate.

It is not a silly debate you are running because you know you cannot win. Sexual Harassment is about power so if you think about it the subject has not really changed. During and prior to segregation in the South a white man could rape a black woman and get away with because society and its view of black gave the white man the power to rape and kill a black person without fear of retribution. Read my link that I posted and stop shouting mindlessly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky said: Oh now it's a sexual thing. I am done with this silly debate.

Are you sleeping?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Good morning Charlie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

98 months ago

Joel in Amityville, New York said: Good morning Charlie

Good afternoon, Joel. Sorry. I was at work and didn't get your kind message this morning. I really don't wish to debate further on this particular subject, thank you. that is really a job for the EEOC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky said: Good afternoon, Joel. Sorry. I was at work and didn't get your kind message this morning. I really don't wish to debate further on this particular subject, thank you. that is really a job for the EEOC.
Just saying hello. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in Brooklyn, New York

98 months ago

Joel, people from other races never understand. The only way for them to do that is to be painted black and walk in your shoes for couple for a considerable amount of time. You live it and you breathe it, you see what happens when the white dude gets it and you see what happens when the black dude gets it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in Brooklyn, New York

98 months ago

Next time you have a big deal like that, better to do it yourself, and deliver it gift wrapped. You know your products, you live and breathe them everyday. If you need a side kick bring one of your PB sitting beside you every day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Jenny in Brooklyn, New York said: Joel, people from other races never understand. The only way for them to do that is to be painted black and walk in your shoes for couple for a considerable amount of time. You live it and you breathe it, you see what happens when the white dude gets it and you see what happens when the black dude gets it.

Than You Jenny! Read my story:

sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/after-i-was-fired.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Charity in Chicago, Illinois

98 months ago

Joel, Former Sr. Sales Rep at Chase in Amityville, New York said: When I worked at the 72nd St branch of Chase I did some amazing things that were always downplayed by management because I was black. Had I been white I would have achieved VP of my own branch in a short period of time. One of my greatest success was getting an appointment with the Controller of one of the most prestigious auction houses in the world. The higher ups in the bank’s Bank at Work Department had been trying to get their feet into this auction house for years without any success. One day when I was calling on business in my area I decided to give the auction house a call so I picked up the phone, called them and asked to speak to the personal who handled the banking for the company and I was immediately transferred to the controller who agreed to meet with me the following week to learn more about the Bank at work program and how it could benefit the auction house and its employees. As a courtesy I called the AVP in charge of Bank at work to invite her on the appointment and she exploded with excitement and disbelief because they had been trying for years to get an appointment with that auction house without success. She was so excited she told me that she would be calling her boss (the VP of the area she worked) who was on vacation to let him know the good news!

So...what happened? Did you get any recognition at all???? Did they take you along when they met with the controller? It sounds like you no longer work there...is this true? If so, why did you leave?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Charity in Chicago, Illinois said: So...what happened? Did you get any recognition at all???? Did they take you along when they met with the controller? It sounds like you no longer work there...is this true? If so, why did you leave?
You can read my full story at:

sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/after-i-was-fired.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Victim Of Yuppie Scum in Stamford, Connecticut

98 months ago

Joel in Amityville, New York said: You can read my full story at: sexualharassment-alltruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/after-i-was-fired.html

...And I am white. You can read my workplace harassment story here:

www.myspace.com/victimofyuppiescum

Sorry, Joel, you will get no sympathy from me. Don't you know that whites are now officially the minority race in the USA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Victim Of Yuppie Scum in Stamford, Connecticut said: ...And I am white. You can read my workplace harassment story here:

www.myspace.com/victimofyuppiescum

Sorry, Joel, you will get no sympathy from me. Don't you know that whites are now officially the minority race in the USA?

Who says that it so?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

shakeem in Brookline, Massachusetts

98 months ago

Joel I read your whole story, and I'm confuse.
what is the status of your case?
what happened to those crooked lawyers of yours?
I think you might be the guilty party here, if both lawyers couldnt work with you nor get along with you.
I think you should've sign those papers.
reading your story makes me think you're a very dificult person to deal with.
I'm not saying that those thing you said that happened at your job didnt happen to you, all i'm saying is that I think you stalled your own case by being very uncoorporative with your attorneys.
you should've done the due diligence on the lawyers before you hired them, not after you hired them.
once you hire them you should put all your trust in them.
if you know so much about the law you should've represent yourself instead of wasting you time with lawyers you dont trust.
I sued my company and represented myself and won, no lie.

and Joel Trust me I'm black too and I know how it feels to be discriminated against.
I live in a predominently white neighborhood, I'm a broker for Fidelity investments.
I dress proffessionally from monday thru friday, Trust me when i tell you I cant walk around my own neighborhood without a white women hiding her purse, crossing the street, try her harderst not make eye contact, keep looking behind her when they see me.
I work out at this gym, as soon as i come to use a machine that is close to a where a white women is working out they move whithin 2 minutes.
I can tell you a billion stories of how hard it is to be black man in my neighborhood or my experiences of being doscrimnated against, but i'm not going to.
Sometimes joe you just have to close your eyes and live, enjoy the beauty of this world, be happy that you are healthy and alive and have a good education (you sound smart). because if you dont do that joe, you're going to miss out on alot of beautiful things this world has to offer.
try it joe, close your eyes and live. you have to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to read my story and I am sorry to hear that you have experienced such extreme prejudice in your life outside of work and I do have to say that I am confused with your assessment of my experience with my lawyers. Why would you say that I should have trusted my lawyers who clearly were working for the other side? I need to ask you are you a poser? Are you a representative of JP Morgan Chase trying to do a spin job on the truth? When you hire a lawyer they are supposed to represent your interest not the interest of the party you are suing, anyone with a modicum of brains would know that. Additionally, for you to say that I should close my eyes and live life is to say that black people should walk around in denial about the disparate treatment they experience on the job and in life. Moreover, why would anyone in their right mind sign a stipulation of confidentiality before settlement when that is usually done after both parties have agreed on a settlement? You are not for real I can clearly see the contradictions in your statement. You said you represented yourself in a legal matter and you did not hire a lawyer and you have the nerve to tell me that I should have trusted my lawyers’ implicitly? You sued for discrimination but you choose to walk around in denial about the existence of discrimination? Thanks but no thanks Mr. Representative of Chase you are not dealing with an unintelligent person so you can take your propaganda Champaign and shove it!

P.S. I have a plethora of evidence to prove what I am saying so thank you for sharing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Know were in my Blog did I say that they could not get along with me or work with me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Joel in Amityville, New York said: Nowhere in my Blog did I say that they could not get along with me or work with me!
Please do not make statements that where never said by me Mr. Rep from JP Morgan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Spamming is not permited!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

The full civil complaint is coming to my Blog so please continue to read it for updates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

Host, please remove the Spam from China.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

98 months ago

What department in JP Morgan Chase do you work for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.