Jo-Ann Stores Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Jo-Ann Stores?

What do you like best about working at Jo-Ann Stores? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

ichigo in Hayward, California

89 months ago

Does anyone know about the Jo-Ann's salaries for SF Bay Area stores, particularly for someone who has 4+ years of retail experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

papamiller in Rochester, New York

89 months ago

Kathy said: I've applied to Jo-Ann's for part time work a few times and never received a response. I think you have to have a really bad, grouchy attitude to work there anyway.

LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Teammember in Flint, Michigan

88 months ago

ichigo said: Does anyone know about the Jo-Ann's salaries for SF Bay Area stores, particularly for someone who has 4+ years of retail experience?

They usually start people at min. wage. If you have experience then alittle more but not much. Everyone there is part time except managers and Department Supervisors which ofcourse make quite a bit more but there are usually only about 4 Dept. supervisors in a store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

urvashi lakhanpal in Sacramento, California

84 months ago

I would like to work in your store .I have an experience for 2 year in india ,so i like to work in your store

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

urvashi lakhanpal in Sacramento, California

84 months ago

I would like to work in your store .I have an experience for 2 year in india ,so i like to work in your store

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Zicci in Austin, Texas

84 months ago

urvashi lakhanpal in Sacramento, California said: I would like to work in your store .I have an experience for 2 year in india ,so i like to work in your store

Vist any Jo-Ann stores in your location and ask for Job application forms.
I think most employers do not even look at the job applications filed online.

www.joann.com/joann/store_locator/locator_main.jsp
select your location and click on "Careers"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

camelot1966 in Venice, Florida

83 months ago

I must say, I did ask for an application from Jo-Ann fabrics. I was totally floored when filling it out, as it stated they would be pulling a comsumer/credit report in order to determine if I were "acceptable" for the position. I have never heard of such a thing and refused to comply to that ridiculous request. I did not apply to work at a bank or some high paying ceo position, just a customer service position cutting cloth for gods sake. Its no wonder I havent recieved a call from them. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

techwritermeg in Webb City, Missouri

83 months ago

In reply to camelot1966 in Venice, FL - Most companies are now pulling credit reports - doesn't matter what industry - in retail I suspect it is pulled to see if you might be tempted to pull some extra cash out of the till to help you through troubled financial times! Not very trusting, and doesn't even give an honest person who has fallen on hard times a chance. An unfortunately reality of work life these days. All they need is your SSN on the application to run a credit check. Technically, according to the EEO you DO NOT have to provide your SSN, age, sex, married status, or children/pregnancy/childbearing plans, however it's really hard when on-line applications have a star beside the SSN field and won't let you go any farther in filling in the info. Just some general information for all. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

never again in Saint Joseph, Missouri

83 months ago

Kathy in Houston, Texas said: I've applied to Jo-Ann's for part time work a few times and never received a response. I think you have to have a really bad, grouchy attitude to work there anyway.

If you don't have that attitude when you start they will eat you up. I just came out of a very dark year as an assistant mngr in one of the smaller stores. I don't see myself ever doing retail again after that experience. I shiver just recalling all of the negativity. I am sure I need therapy, medication, hypnosis anything to forget!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

UsedAbused in Vidalia, Georgia

56 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Jo-Ann Stores?

What do you like best about working at Jo-Ann Stores? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Hmmm....great perks are the sale coupons always popping up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lucyrus in Wooster, Ohio

1 month ago

I would like working at Jo-Anns because I like to sew and make things. It would be a good fit for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.