How to get a job at Jo-Ann Stores.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at Jo-Ann Stores? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

JESSICA in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

I DON'T WORK THERE BUT I WOULD LIKE TO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Robert Marshall in Flushing, New York

87 months ago

JESSICA in Tampa, Florida said: I DON'T WORK THERE BUT I WOULD LIKE TO

WHY?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

KERRY SOUILLIARD in Torrington, Connecticut

87 months ago

JESSICA in Tampa, Florida said: I DON'T WORK THERE BUT I WOULD LIKE TO

I WOULD LIKE TO WORK THERE.I MOVED TO TORRINGTON A COUPLE WEEKS AGO AND HAVE BEEN SEARCHING EVERYWHERE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

haggardtrish in Beaverton, Oregon

83 months ago

I have worked for JoAnn stores for over 2 years now. I originally applied for the job through snagajob.com. They called me in for an interview because they were opening one of their new superstores, and the rest they say is history.

Advice I would have is fill out your application NEATLY...you have no idea how many applications are just passed over because the hiring manager just doesnt want to try and decipher handwriting. Also, make sure you have a professional email address...none of the cutesy "hottieholly@gmail.com" or anything of the sort. When listing previous jobs, never insult anyone or anything...even if your last boss was a jerk, the store was in a crappy location, your coworkers were incompetent whatever, never say that. Even if its not the real reason you left, make up a professional sounding reason for leaving like "No room for advancement" or "schedule conflict" or whatever.

Around seasonal times, Joanns gets a LOT of applications, so they have room to be picky...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.