What's the company culture at Jo-Ann Stores?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Jo-Ann Stores?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Jo-Ann Stores?

Reply - Report abuse

Truth in Montgomery Village, Maryland

11 months ago

Dress is business casual, so khaki's and one of their green shirts.

As far as "company culture" goes - you're going to be taken advantage of, you're going to be paid the minimum wage - regardless of your prior experience doing the same job (cashier, stock, etc) ... If you are asked to work extra, they will cut your hours the following week, resulting in that "extra" time being regular time - and that's IF they haven't cut more hours than the "extra" that you were asked to work.

This company, I should say, the corporate side of this company does not give a damn about it's employees whatsoever... It will be obvious to you if you are desperate enough to take a job there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MsSweety in THE OC!, California

5 months ago

This is the worse company I would say I have ever worked for. The previous review is dead-on accurate. However, I would like to add a few things.

1. There are NO proper training standards. One person will tell you one thing and then someone will come right after and tell you something completely different for the same situation. There was no real "manager" at the store where I worked, so the regular employees (non seasonal) all wanted to be managers! A HOT MESS. They started me on Black Friday! No training whatsoever, just threw me out onto the sales floor, the acting "managers" are not ever out on the floor only to help cover the registers. Therefore, it's every man for themselves. You kind of learn as you go along....until you mess up which is par for the course since there's no training. This is not how you run a business, or treat people.

2. Customers try to take advantage of you and Joanns will not have your back

3. The facilities for employees are also disgusting. Lucky enough to have soap to wash hands, or paper in the bathrooms

4. No incentive to work there. There are no real discounts for employees. Joanns ALWAYS has coupons (usually 20-60%) and/or sales. If you buy something on sale you CANNOT then apply your employee discount (of 20%). Therefore, you're shopping the sales just like everyone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.