624J not a good piece of equipment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

crewchief1949 in Pontiac, Michigan

89 months ago

I am an avid John Deere supporter. All of our equipment is maintained top notch stuff. However, the 624 we just purchased is not what I would call a heavy piece of equipment. It is a fine piece of machinery in build quality, comfort and user friendly. It is not however capable of the work we put it through, which is not all that hard but our old 644E will work circles around it. It gets stuck on flat ground with a bucket full of snow. I kid you not. The rear tires were loaded, fronts were not so I dropped the tire pressures about 25 psi to no avail. We recently had our JD dealer come out and load the front tires as well. 1500lbs per tire. That helped when moving snow but it still will not push snow up a pile. HP is not a problem. It has more than is required even. Anyone have any tricks to help remedy this problem? We are a government entity but our funding comes from the FAA and we have spent all they will allow on it. We have demoted the new piece of equipment to loading sand into our dump truck for runway traction. Kind of a bummer since its such a nice piece of equipment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.