Hiring Practices at J&J

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

AD in Plainfield, New Jersey

112 months ago

Does J&J every hire from the outside ? Or are these posting just requirment for EEO standards?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

D in New York, New York

111 months ago

Am curious as well. Have seen multiple listings for same/similar job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

E in Columbus, Ohio

111 months ago

I suspect they are EEO requirements. I, too, have applied to these same postings numerous times. Can't get a nod out of them but I keep posting anyway

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Robyn in Walnut Creek, California

108 months ago

Before you decide to accept a temp job at J&J, make sure you understand the company policy on hiring temps! If you have been a temp at ANY J&J company in the past 6 months you can't be hired for any position in any capacity at any J&J company. That means that if you are a temp and you are doing a great job, you can't apply for a regular job at any J&J company unless you leave the company for 6 months. Temps can't be converted to regular employees, even if they are excellent employees. How do you like this policy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MizzA_Rise in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

108 months ago

Well how does it work with a part-time to full-time transition? I'm looking to come in part-time and eventually switch over to full-time when an oppotunity avails itself. Your Thoughts on that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

midwesterner in Fort Wayne, Indiana

3 months ago

Robyn - I don't think it's correct. It depends on your agreement with your temp agency - not with JNJ. Temp agency often put such clausal to prevent you from going to JNJ after your contract is over, that way they can put you someplace else under their agency. Before agreeing to be a temp at JNJ, I asked for that clausal to be dropped - I have no problem converting to permanent afterward.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.