How to get a job at Johnson & Johnson.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 59)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Johnson & Johnson? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Noble Schuyler in Bear Creek, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Johnson & Johnson? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

No, I don not work at Johnson. I drove by the new facility that you are building in Tobyhanna PA. I am wanting to obtain an application for employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

no name in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

I applied to J&J many times for jobs I was easily qualified for and either got rejected or no answer at all.

The inside scoop I got was that you either have to have inside contact at J&J or start as a Temp. I also heard it is very beauracratic organization despite the public image.

This is one of those marque companies everyone wants to work for. They get many resumes from those seeking jobs and from those lay off from other Pharma.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Displaced in PA in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

[]Hard to get in. Internal contacts rule. Yes, very Beauracratic. Each separate operating company (over 200 within JnJ) has it's own culture and rules.(Good and bad) Often they conflict when trying to cooperate and leverage as JnJ. They are their own worst competition. Cutbacks at Pfizer and Merck are nothing compared to those at JnJ. They silence those who speak out. Pharm competition loves them because they are not aggressive, have poor ad agencies, and spend no money to compete. Work the people hard. Compensation is fair-midland.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

D in Jacksonville, Florida

86 months ago

I have had two interviews for med sales. I will say that it appears that all the companies ignore you unless you have an in. I recommend a recruiter or getting to know someone inside. I lucked out. I worked with an excellent placement firm and also know a VP at JNJ. The placement firm got me in front of the recruiter for JNJ and the VP name recognition got me a quick second interview. Now I am waiting for a district manager interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

GW in Clifton Park, New York

85 months ago

Wow-who are you-you should be a consultant for a hiring agency.......What are your thoughts on Tyco,Boston Sci and Big Blue?

Displaced in PA said: []Hard to get in. Internal contacts rule. Yes, very Beauracratic. Each separate operating company (over 200 within JnJ) has it's own culture and rules.(Good and bad) Often they conflict when trying to cooperate and leverage as JnJ. They are their own worst competition. Cutbacks at Pfizer and Merck are nothing compared to those at JnJ. They silence those who speak out. Pharm competition loves them because they are not aggressive, have poor ad agencies, and spend no money to compete. Work the people hard. Compensation is fair-midland.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

shelia jackson

85 months ago

I am currently unemployed after working as a medical assistant for thirteen and a half years
in a pediatric office, I am a very valuable asset to any establishment. I am eager to learn,dependable,reliable, and very prompt. I do believe in chain of command. I am looking for employment with an outstanding establihment with advancement opportunities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Elaine in Reading, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

I am an experienced HR Mgr. Even have pharma experience. I have repeatedly applied for this and 2 other HR positions at J&J for which I am qualified. They never call me but they keep posting the jobs. I actually got an e-mail from them last week saying this particular job was pulled for business reasons. If they are not going to entertain resumes from ouside their hallowed walls, they should stop posting the openings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Laid Off J&J employee form Phila in Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

It is not what you know at J&J, but who you know. Be a friend of someone that works there and you are in, no matter how good or not so good you are at your job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Venice Curry

85 months ago

Noble Schuyler in Bear Creek, Pennsylvania said: No, I don not work at Johnson. I drove by the new facility that you are building in Tobyhanna PA. I am wanting to obtain an application for employment.

Were exactly is the JNJ building located in Tobyhanna PA. I am looking forward to working closer to my home. I would like to obtain an application for employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Manny in Newark, New Jersey

83 months ago

I live less than a quater mile from the J&J Building in Tobyhanna and would like to work closer to my house,now i'm working in Jersey City New Jersey and the commute is killing me,can anyone point me in the right direction??? Thanking you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Venice Curry

83 months ago

I wish I had some information on J&J I commute everyday to New Jersey myself and I hate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Aftyer posting yesterday I may have some news soon. Hang in there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Venice

83 months ago

Thank you. I appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Narberth, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Johnson & Johnson? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Yes ,
you have to know someone who works there. Thats the only reason that I got in there, and I did not stay there. It is a very political environment. JNJ Centocor has a HUGE TURNOVER of employees

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Narberth, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

I agree with you completely! Most of the employees at JNJ Centocor know each other. It is a POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT and a HUGE TURNOVER! Most of the bosses there are friends of the President of the CLinical Pharmacology unit. They are not qualified to have the jobs that they have and spend most of their days in their offices on the phone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No Reply - Report abuse

JPC in Kenilworth, New Jersey

83 months ago

I interviewed at J&J about 2 months ago. They conduct behavioral based interviews, so if you are lucky ti get an interview, make sure you prepare well.

One of the interviewers looked like she was not very happy to be at J&J. She did not smile once and had a little attitude. Another interviewer looked like he had not slept in days and get yawning throughout the interview (he said he had a new born and had not gotten much sleep). Truly, I was not impressed by this motley crew of people with attitudes and "Mr. I have not not slept in days."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Thanks for the tips i'll keep my eyes out for some of these fools. When I get an interview i'll be sharp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lacee in Birmingham, Alabama

83 months ago

JnJ have tons of positions in AL right now. Everyday the keep popping up. I never get a call and I am qualified. How can you meet someone that works there? haha Any secrets?/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lauri in Danville, California

83 months ago

JPC in Kenilworth, New Jersey said: I interviewed at J&J about 2 months ago. They conduct behavioral based interviews, so if you are lucky ti get an interview, make sure you prepare well.

One of the interviewers looked like she was not very happy to be at J&J. She did not smile once and had a little attitude. Another interviewer looked like he had not slept in days and get yawning throughout the interview (he said he had a new born and had not gotten much sleep). Truly, I was not impressed by this motley crew of people with attitudes and "Mr. I have not not slept in days."

Can you tell me type of behavioral questions they asked? How long was your interview? Were you interviewing for a rep position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JPC in Linden, New Jersey

83 months ago

Lauri in Danville, California said: Can you tell me type of behavioral questions they asked? How long was your interview? Were you interviewing for a rep position?[/QUOTE

I did not interview for a Rep position. The interviews lasted about 3 hours in total.

I met with two set of interviewers of two people and then the manager.

Behavioral questions on how did I dealt with ambiguity, unreasonable deadlines, people that did not respond to requests for information/data.

Google "behavioral interview questions" and review the questions and how you will answer them with specific examples. Hope this helps.

overqualified in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

no name in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania said: I applied to J&J many times for jobs I was easily qualified for and either got rejected or no answer at all.

The inside scoop I got was that you either have to have inside contact at J&J or start as a Temp. I also heard it is very beauracratic organization despite the public image.

This is one of those marque companies everyone wants to work for. They get many resumes from those seeking jobs and from those lay off from other Pharma.

It is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to get into a JNJ company unless you know someone there! I got to the interview process and was shocked to learn that I was being interviewed by a former co-worker of mine. I had 6 interviews and was sent from one conference room to the next. It was grueling. JNJ Centocor in Radnor has a HUGE TURNOVER. They are always advertising a lot of jobs. BE AWARE of the CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY UNIT. You do not want to work there!
I got into the company but hated it. I ended up working for the personal friend of the President of the department. He gave her a high paying cushy job as a manager. and he did the same for most of his friends. She did not want to do any work at all and spent each day in her office on the phone ot talking to her friends. I ended up doing her job and mine and sometimes worked from 8 in the morning until 10 at night on salary including weekends. No training was provided and it was like being in a pressure cooker.
Her bosses were afraid of her because she was a personal friend of their boss. It was the first time I ever witnessed a subordinate manager boss around her superiors. It was duisgusting to see the way they backed down to her and thery never disagreed with her.
JNJ Centocor in Radnor is an extremely political environment.
A lot of the employees there are from other companies ( GSK, MERCK, etc..)
I was so glad to get out of there.
Be advised.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

overqualified in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Elaine in Reading, Pennsylvania said: I am an experienced HR Mgr. Even have pharma experience. I have repeatedly applied for this and 2 other HR positions at J&J for which I am qualified. They never call me but they keep posting the jobs. I actually got an e-mail from them last week saying this particular job was pulled for business reasons. If they are not going to entertain resumes from ouside their hallowed walls, they should stop posting the openings.

I agree. The HR manager of JNJ Centocor Radnor, Chesterbrook and Malvern is a close friend of one of the VP's there. You will never get in unless you are brought in by someone you know. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Canton, Georgia

82 months ago

D in Jacksonville, Florida said: I have had two interviews for med sales. I will say that it appears that all the companies ignore you unless you have an in. I recommend a recruiter or getting to know someone inside. I lucked out. I worked with an excellent placement firm and also know a VP at JNJ. The placement firm got me in front of the recruiter for JNJ and the VP name recognition got me a quick second interview. Now I am waiting for a district manager interview.

I am looking for a medical sales position in the Atlanta area and was wondering who your recruiter is? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Real Estate Sales Burnout in San Antonio, Texas

82 months ago

Hi. I am an Atlanta Realtor looking to get into a Sales Position.....Pharma, Consumer Products.....anything in Sales with a reputable company and great pay. I need help trying to break into these companies and want to know the secret. Thanks for any advice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

There is no secret! you either know someone in there or you can't get in but if you do then the miracle happened.Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

OCC in Somerville, New Jersey

82 months ago

I heard that Johnson and Johnson are having a massive amount of layoff's right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Real Estate Sales Burnout in San Antonio, Texas said: Hi. I am an Atlanta Realtor looking to get into a Sales Position.....Pharma, Consumer Products.....anything in Sales with a reputable company and great pay. I need help trying to break into these companies and want to know the secret. Thanks for any advice!

with all do respect man stay there in Atlanta i'm sure it's beautiful there.Have you read this post is about knowing someone in J&J or you can't get in.

A Friend Of Hugh in Woodbury, New Jersey

81 months ago

overqualified in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I agree. The HR manager of JNJ Centocor Radnor, Chesterbrook and Malvern is a close friend of one of the VP's there. You will never get in unless you are brought in by someone you know. Good luck.

Glad that someone posted that in this forum! I know who you mean! Her Name is Kirsty and she is a good friend of the Vice President. She makes 83K per year and does a great job supplying the grease that makes JNJ Centocor run! She is the fox who watches the hen house. Be Advised.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Thakfultony in Fort Wayne, Indiana

81 months ago

I had multiple on-site personal interview in Warsaw and as a result I was offered a position. However, after going through their interview process which is time consuming and a bunch of smoke and mirrors and after reviewing all of the 78 comments regarding employement at J&J. I would never consider accepting the position. Do not waste your time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Thanks! I thought as much.

Patty in Sydney, Australia

81 months ago

I actually got a job at J&J without knowing anyone. I worked for Centocor-Chesterbrook a year ago. I now live in Sydney, Australia and am applying for a position at J&J Research down here. Do you think I'll get in since I worked at a J&J before??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

you should but Sidney and the US is a different ball game however you would have a better chance than someone who never worked for them before and left in good terms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

MK in Downingtown, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

hi freinds
I just had i major question
HOW TO KNOW A PERSON IN THESE COMPANIES AND BE THEIR FREIND? I was thinking this happens in only third world countries..............
I am very frustrated now and i am in need of urgent employement, and don't know how to work in anyother feild because the only thing I know is science and research.

the only thing left is work at wallmart

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JPC in Maplewood, New Jersey

81 months ago

Do you really want to work for a whole bunch of arrogant jerks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Guardian Angel in Cheltenham, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

Patty in Sydney, Australia said: I actually got a job at J&J without knowing anyone. I worked for Centocor-Chesterbrook a year ago. I now live in Sydney, Australia and am applying for a position at J&J Research down here. Do you think I'll get in since I worked at a J&J before??

Dear Aussie friend,
Just to let you know that JNJ companies including Centocor are going to begin laying off over 5000 employees nationwide. The reason is that their patents on many of their drugs are going to expire. JNJ Stocks have been steadily on the incline. My advice to you is not to get on a sinking ship and look before you leap! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

lkl in Flemington, New Jersey

81 months ago

OCC in Somerville, New Jersey said: I heard that Johnson and Johnson are having a massive amount of layoff's right now.

So given this- Why do they keep posting job ads? Bad management?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tell it like it is in Penfield, New York

81 months ago

If you want to come home frustrated and depressed, feeling like anything you do will never be good enough to get ahead with this company... Then purse it.. The job I found this post site with is my old job and the posters here are telling it like it is, They might as well shred their precious CREDO because the company has become so dilute with other organizations and managements So many young managers from the "Me" generation, that the CREDO setup by General Johnson is now one big sheild that the corporation can hide behind. I consistanly brought up issues concerning FDA violations, Cgmp policies, and OSHA violations... Still managed to hang onto my job until at a supposed confidential meeting regarding "THE CREDO" I bought up UNION REPRESENTATION as a way to improve the working conditions and the relationship with HR, 3 weeks later I was suspended for one week due to time reporting issues and then terminated the following week. Funny how that worked out since my coworker had been warned repeatedly for years about attendance issues is still working there and I had never recieve a warning about attendance or time reporting (a case can be built against anyone). This company does not care about the employee... I held a position in a lab and was given a chance on a 1 yr. assignment as a scheduler before the year was up they filled my old job forcing me to stay in scheduling. Then moved into bio-formulation, While there a Teamleaders position opened up once there found out they considered it a lateral move and recieved no compensation for taking on the responsiblility of 16 - 20 people at the time. Back to formulation... Made a Tech II but my wages overlapped so there was no increase for the promotion after 19yrs. 6month and 25 days they fired me for attendance reporting problems, 3 weeks after I said UNION REPRESENTATION. You have a chance if you can ignore your surroundings.. I suppose thats why they look to China

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Sydney, Australia

80 months ago

Dear sir, madam,

Hello, my name is Sharon, I am Chinese

I just received my master (MBA - general management) degree in July, 2007, and I am looking for a job at the moment. I saw your company's recruitment advertisement online, and I just have a try to see whether I have this chance to get a job at your company. If by any chance my application can be accepted, i would work very hard for it.

I would like to make a roughly introduce of myself to you

My name: Sharon Dai
Phone number: 0433913344 or 0416350808
e-mail address: cutejoy1980@yahoo.com
availability: 7days a week (from now on)

I completed my bachelor degree in 2005 in University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand. Bachelor of commerce, and specialize in Human resource management

And I just got my MBA in this july.

I have several working experience in the past 5 years, I was working at restaurant (as counter hand and kitchen hand), farm (as a fruit picker), shops (as a clothes seller), cosmetics section in shopping mall (as a skin care advisor) and food & oil company (as a sectary and translator)...

I am applying for PR at the moment, therefore, I am legally to work, also I do have a working permit, this permit will be expired in March, 31, 2008.

I would like to send you my CV to have a look whether I am able to get any job at your company...

Thanks for your time, and wish you have a nice day :)

Sharon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Judi Williams in Bushkill, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

Noble Schuyler in Bear Creek, Pennsylvania said: No, I don not work at Johnson. I drove by the new facility that you are building in Tobyhanna PA. I am wanting to obtain an application for employment.

I am currently a branch manager of the Tobyhanna Army Depot FCU. I 17 years of banking experience. I am interested in applying for position with your company. I would definately be an asset to your company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Judi Williams in Bushkill, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

I am currently a branch manager of the Tobyhanna Army Depot FCU. I have 17 years of banking experience. I am interested in applying for a position with your company. I would definately be an asset to your company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jerril Felton in Bushkill, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

I am currently unemployed but a hard worker in many fields. I would like to join your team. I would be a great asset to your company. I am a very fast learner who puts a lot of pride in my work. I look forward to hearing from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Francois M. Winfrey in Bushkill, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

I am a graduate from Lincoln Technical Institute. I have a degree in Electronic Engineering. I am very educated in the computer field. I am a multi talented individual with many qualifications. I graduated high school at the age of 16 and college at 19. I would be a great asset to your company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Rona in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

Please email me back at anor_318@yahoo.com. I would like to make an appontment for a job interview. Thankyou very much.

Sincerely,

Rona Hammond

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

James Free in Boston, Massachusetts

80 months ago

JPC in Kenilworth, New Jersey said: I interviewed at J&J about 2 months ago. They conduct behavioral based interviews, so if you are lucky ti get an interview, make sure you prepare well.

Don't blame her. After a few years at J&J, you'd have an attitude to.
When I worked there, everyone was miserable and spent every free moment on Monster.com. The only people who were happy were the ones with a personal relationship with their boss.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Helena in Bridgewater, New Jersey

80 months ago

James Free in Boston, Massachusetts said: Don't blame her. After a few years at J&J, you'd have an attitude to.
When I worked there, everyone was miserable and spent every free moment on Monster.com. The only people who were happy were the ones with a personal relationship with their boss.

O, my God! What an info about J&J? After presenting my CV online, I am now going to disregard this submission as dead based on what I hear. No waste of time.

CS in Morristown, New Jersey

80 months ago

I was working for Pfizer's consumer group which was sold to JnJ for $15bn last`year. A lot of people were laid off but i was one of the lucky ones to be migrated and become a JnJ colleague. Honestly, I have been working in this industry for years and my advice is: stay away from big companies. There's a lot of beauracracy, favoritism, competition and no room for personal growth. You better off start working in a much smaller company, you will be more appreciated and rewarded for the work you do and you will definitely enjoy it more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cammy in Middletown, Delaware

79 months ago

I know a lot of people in JNJ, and I still can't get a response. One friend has been there for 7 years (as a sales rep) and has given me an employee referal in the system, my other friends are also in a different field than me, they're in IT, I'm in science. So I guess I have the wrong type of contacts.

However, I have to say all of my friends like working for JNJ and highly reccomend it. They say they're worked hard but they're more than well compensated for it... Maybe things have changed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Geraldine May in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

to be productive in a Successful company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Miami, Florida

78 months ago

Looking to get into J&J in Jacksonville, Fl.
Can anyone help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.