stay away

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

spudboy in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts

87 months ago

I have 3 friends that work at J&J and they all hate it there. They are all looking for jobs because of the way they are treated and the unfairness of how people get promoted.

The stories that they have told me, I can't even post here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CJ Prestia in Newark, New Jersey

86 months ago

Spudboy,

I've got an office in the boston Ma area and would be more that happy to help you friends at J & J find different opportunities...please let me know.

Thanks,

CJ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Claire in Spinnerstown, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Hi,
I would appreciate any information you can furnish about contacts at J&J. I am looking to change jobs. I am in Finance.
Thanks!

CJ Prestia in Newark, New Jersey said: Spudboy,

I've got an office in the boston Ma area and would be more that happy to help you friends at J & J find different opportunities...please let me know.

Thanks,

CJ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tell it like it is in Penfield, New York

86 months ago

If you want to come home frustrated and depressed, feeling like anything you do will never be good enough to get ahead with this company... Then purse it.. The job I found this post site with is my old job and the posters here are telling it like it is, They might as well shred their precious CREDO because the company has become so dilute with other organizations and managements So many young managers from the "Me" generation, that the CREDO setup by General Johnson is now one big sheild that the corporation can hide behind. I consistanly brought up issues concerning FDA violations, Cgmp policies, and OSHA violations... Still managed to hang onto my job until at a supposed confidential meeting regarding "THE CREDO" I bought up UNION REPRESENTATION as a way to improve the working conditions and the relationship with HR, 3 weeks later I was suspended for one week due to time reporting issues and then terminated the following week. Funny how that worked out since my coworker had been warned repeatedly for years about attendance issues is still working there and I had never recieve a warning about attendance or time reporting (a case can be built against anyone). This company does not care about the employee... I held a position in a lab and was given a chance on a 1 yr. assignment as a scheduler before the year was up they filled my old job forcing me to stay in scheduling. Then moved into bio-formulation, While there a Teamleaders position opened up once there found out they considered it a lateral move and recieved no compensation for taking on the responsiblility of 16 - 20 people at the time. Back to formulation... Made a Tech II but my wages overlapped so there was no increase for the promotion after 19yrs. 6month and 25 days they fired me for attendance reporting problems, 3 weeks after I said UNION REPRESENTATION. No companys perfect.. this one thinks they are. They have an open door closed mind policy, and if you speak up your sure to fail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tell it like it is in Penfield, New York

86 months ago

It's like I said so much for their precious "Credo" this is how the management of this company operates now the "Credo" is meaningless. Now JnJ wants to sue the AMERICAN RED CROSS!! A multi-billion dollar company trying to take away a way to raise money for people who are in need, All because of a symbol of a red cross? the credo will not all fit here I paste as much as I can the full version can be found at JnJ.com We believe our first responsibility is to the doctors, nurses, and patients, to mothers and fathers and all others who use our products and services. In meeting their needs everything we do must be of high quality. We must constantly strive to reduce our costs in order to maintain reasonable prices. Customers' orders must be serviced promptly and accurately. Our suppliers and distributors must have an opportunity to make a fair profit.

We are responsible to our employees, the men and women who work with us throughout the world. Everyone must be considered as an individual. We must respect their dignity and recognize their merit. They must have a sense of security in their jobs. Compensation must be fair and adequate,
and working conditions clean, orderly and safe.
We must be mindful of ways to help our employees fulfill
their family responsibilities. Employees must feel free to make suggestions and complaints. There must be equal opportunity for employment, development and advancement for those qualified. We must provide competent management,
and their actions must be just and ethical.

We are responsible to the communities in which we live and work and to the world community as well.
We must be good citizens - support good works and charities
and bear our fair share of taxes. We must encourage civic improvements and better health and education. We must maintain in good order the property we are privileged to use,
protecting the environment and natural resources.

Our final responsibility is to our stockholders.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Was there seven years in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

What these people are saying about how you are treated is TRUE, they take the laziest dumb@#$% in the place and make them a supervisor. STAY AWAY . Mention the word union and watch how fast you go out the door, there are only about 10 people out of 500+ who have passed through the place that have SURVIVED .Takes about two years before they try to hang your butt for some mistake some other golden child makes, but they wont darehang the person they said was a star....NOOOOO then they will have made a mistake and god knows that never has happened...CANDIDATES YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Was there seven years in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

SORRY, I should have mentioned the J&J companys name, much to thier chagrin...NORAMCO I am suprised they had the stones to put the name of the place with all the true horrible rumors, they are true, no crap. Think I am lying , take a job there , you will be sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

tell it like it is in Fairport, New York

85 months ago

Kudo's to everyone brave enough to speak up!! With everything I read here it seems like JnJ operates the same all over not just here in Rochester N.Y. (Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics). Since they (JnJ) make such a big deal over their commitment to the "Credo" I'm starting to wonder if there isn't a Class action that should be pursued. After all they can't hang their hat so heavily on the "Credo" and then not live up to their own philosophy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

James Free in Marlborough, Massachusetts

85 months ago

I'm pretty sure what goes on up here is against the law but you could never prove it. The good ole boys would cover themselves. It's the only thing they know how to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Glad2GetOut in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

85 months ago

I worked for J&J in Memphis. Within the first week, I quickly realized what a huge mistake I had made leaving a great job to work for J&J. It took me 8 months to get out and back to a job where normal folks work. I cannot put into words how terrible the facility operates and how bad the facility director is. I can go on and on, but the facility will be gone within 2 years and it will be a memory. STAY AWAY FROM JJHCS IN MEMPHIS!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roberta S in Englishtown, New Jersey

75 months ago

There must be something positive for prospective J&J candidates - is there not? Any hope? We can never find perfection I am sure, but . . .?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alina Chis in Tel Aviv-yafo, Israel

74 months ago

spudboy in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts said: I have 3 friends that work at J&J and they all hate it there. They are all looking for jobs because of the way they are treated and the unfairness of how people get promoted.

I was dismissed from the JNJPRD in Israel in a very ugly way. They didn't even let me say good bye to my coleagues. The reason was that they don't have more money for employes on contract so they did not renew the contract. They can do that but it still should be done in a humanly way. It is even agaist their CREDO. It was humiliating.
I would like to write an e-mail to the human resources in USA. Could you help me find the correct adress?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steven Yacuzzo in Penfield, New York

74 months ago

Here is the email address of someone who represents JnJ HR (humanly repulsive)dept. through something they have known as Common Ground... you can write but as in everything else they do I am sure you won't get any results... (much like their testing instruments)they are unreliable but packaged nicely the address is as follows RMartemu@CORUS.JNJ.com

Alina Chis in Tel Aviv-yafo, Israel

74 months ago

Steven Yacuzzo in Penfield, New York said: Here is the email address of someone who represents JnJ HR (humanly repulsive)dept. through something they have known as Common Ground... you can write but as in everything else they do I am sure you won't get any results... (much like their testing instruments)they are unreliable but packaged nicely the address is as follows RMartemu@CORUS.JNJ.com

Thank you very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Discontent with leadership in Ambler, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

Steven Yacuzzo in Penfield, New York said: Here is the email address of someone who represents JnJ HR (humanly repulsive)dept. through something they have known as Common Ground... you can write but as in everything else they do I am sure you won't get any results... (much like their testing instruments)they are unreliable but packaged nicely the address is as follows RMartemu@CORUS.JNJ.com

I had found out about Common Ground late in the game after I was notified of being let go but within 2 months of my leaving. I was told "we can't do anything for you" so basically it is only helpful if the situation is something they can actually deal with. Another useless corporate objective like the current Credo reviews~!

Jackey Johannson in New York, New York

31 months ago

agree with the person who posted "If you want to come home frustrated and depressed, feeling like anything you do will never be good enough to get ahead with this company..." This is exactly how you will feel after 2 years at any one of the operating companies of J&J. Ever wonder why J&J is never listed in Forbes "best companies to work for"?? well most of the reasoning is listed on these forums.

Keep in mind, everyone has their own path and experiences at J&J, some people luck out and have a real good manager(s) who invest in your career and generally want to see you succeed and in turn you work hard and put in the time and dedication needed to advance. the timelines do vary from manager to manager; some can take 5 yrs to reach assoc. director and others, well 15 years and counting....

And then there are other types of managers who are spineless and unwilling to go to bat for you with their line management. If that is isn't enough, managers with personality disorders [i.e. bipolarism (based purely on observation only :D)] are awarded direct reports with no accountability for their treatment of personnel. Employee Bullying is rampant at J&J. I must say, as a women, who has been with the company for over 15 years am amazed how catty and insecure the female managers can become when you professionally suggest revisions to their ideas. it's amazing how insecurities run amok in this once great company.
I believe males are also targeted with discrimination with regards to promotions as females are promoted more frequently and with less credentials/skill sets. The HR department is truly repulsive and toxic and is biased; don't let them persuade you otherwise. Any BS disclaimers that state your response is confidential is exactly that, BS. the salary's are low when compared to competitor's. you end up doing 4-5 people's jobs because of constant re-organisations. if you're not at the top then you will not enjoy working here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Slippergal in Tucson, Arizona

23 months ago

I also worked for J&J and must say it was the worst place I've ever worked. I was bullied by my supervisor every day after requesting an ergonomics evaluation for my work station when my wrists started hurting because it "made her look bad". One thing I have learned from the expereince is this: If a company has to make up a Credo about how well they treat their employees they are certainly trying to cover something up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jj in Raritan, New Jersey

19 months ago

spudboy in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts said: I have 3 friends that work at J&J and they all hate it there. They are all looking for jobs because of the way they are treated and the unfairness of how people get promoted.

They are money hungry grubs that forgot how JNJ became a household name. The deticated workers who made it happen , now they outsource evrything ...Don't work for them they SUCK>>> and will only get rid of you down the road with some cheap outsouce company who knows nothing about Pharma or its business.. Try Merck

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

19 months ago

jj in Raritan, New Jersey said: They are money hungry grubs that forgot how JNJ became a household name. The deticated workers who made it happen , now they outsource evrything ...Don't work for them they SUCK>>> and will only get rid of you down the road with some cheap outsouce company who knows nothing about Pharma or its business.. Try Merck

Publicly traded company what do you expect. Merck is the same. All about the stock price.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jj in Raritan, New Jersey

19 months ago

Yea , JNJ has become money hungry grubs , forgot the workers who made them a household name . Now outsource evrything DON'T WORK FOR THEM THEY WILL GET RID OF YOU ANYWAY OR THE FDA WILL SHUT THEM DOWN. JNJ is the worst of them all scum and all the leaders. Think about this who runs JNJ outsourcing companies , yes they do ,and with out a clue . FORTWASHINGTON RING A BELL.... TRY Merck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

19 months ago

Sounds like you were fired from them.

Ironically, as an investor all you care about is the stock price not employees welfare, not the companies environmental contributions, not if there drugs are harmful, etc................

jj in Somerville, New Jersey

18 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Sounds like you were fired from them.

Ironically, as an investor all you care about is the stock price not employees welfare, not the companies environmental contributions, not if there drugs are harmful, etc................

Hey, WAKE UP !!! If the company fails jackass your going to loose a lot of money..Oh Yea thats right your an investor . thy selling cars you will do better...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jnj in Raritan, New Jersey

25 days ago

JNJ has outsourced almost evrything , what do you think is going to happen when all the people who know anything leave . JNJ has been a household name of quility now its a household word of Disbelief of there fruad , crap products ,and treating employees like crap. Did JNJ forget the employees got them where they are. JNJ will fail and remember PRIDE BEFORE THE FALL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jnj in Raritan, New Jersey

25 days ago

I agree JNJ acts like they don't care about this kinda of feelings from employees.They even outsourced maintenance are you kidding me. Everone should be an employee of the great company it was, there is still time to make changes bring back all the good people stop outsourcing and you may have a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.