Getting hired here is like joining a sorority!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Terri in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

110 months ago

I interviewed here and it seems nice on the service; but it is very much a "clique". You feel like they are judging you strictly on "what" you are and not "who" you are. They are very polite about it all. Although, you must qualify to fit into their "culture". Your job experience is not enough. I'm sure being under 25 and a MTSU grad is a prerequisite. This may sound like "sour grapes" but its not. There is some very clever and discreet screening going on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

zappo599 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

110 months ago

Whats wrong with MTSU? I'm from the 'Boro! Don't you mean "surface" not "service?" Just trying to undertstand what you mean. I've heard about the Journal around campus. Suppose to be a good company. Didn't think they would be snobs..one of my black friend's said the place has no diversity, even though Alex Haley is one of the founders...hmmmmm..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mdawg7 in Gilbert, Arizona

60 months ago

While living in the area, I applied at JC. I agree with Terri, I do believe I was discriminated against for several reasons. I immediately noticed there was no diversity to speak of anywhere at this company and it is co-founded by Alex Haley? I can not believe every person of color to ever apply was unqualified for a position here. Also those around including the hiring manager, are recent grads from MTSU. I am an African-American male with several years of experience for the position I applied for, with letters of recommendation and a college degree. Yet they insisted the reason they did not hire me is lack of experience. I am convinced that explanation was an excuse to reject me for "what" I was and not for what I could provide for their company. I have to wonder if only 20-25 year old white college students, preferably from MTSU, should ever hope to get hired here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.