LIED to by recruiter

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 84 of 84)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

islndjak in Pompano Beach, Florida

80 months ago

I have to agree with Evilotto, the recruiters that have taken my resume on line have called for very low level positions I have asked if they read the resume and I get " What do you mean" as a reply.
So I ask again very slowly "DID ...YOU... READ... THE ... RESUME"
And again I get What do you mean as a reply?????!
I guess they do not understand English, I think the industry has served it's needs, is obsolete, that is why we are having so many issues with them, and the people in the industry at least the new one's find jobs their careers match, that come into the company and leave. I have seen this myself.

How do you feel about companies, we have a couple of these here in Florida, that charge the employee 5 to 7 % of their total salary upon hire, no refunds if the job doesn't work out in 90 days [in the condo management industry], I would really like your thoughts as well as anyone else about this type of company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

To David in Fort Lauderdale
Are you still a recruiter?
Which company do you work for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

evilotto in South Carver, Massachusetts

80 months ago

Your post has been reported as abusive.

I've seen some transparent shills in my day, but you have to be the most blatant.

You work for that site. Go spam somewhere else, you waste of air.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

evilotto in South Carver, Massachusetts

80 months ago

islndjak: Any "recruiting" company that charges the candidate is not worth anyone's time. Nobody should ever have to pay a pimp to get a job; the client company should pay, as they're the ones getting the employee.

That being said, remember that the recruiter doesn't work for you, ever. Your interests are of no concern to them, as it isn't profitable to worry about such details.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida

80 months ago

Guide

evilotto in South Carver, Massachusetts said: islndjak: Any "recruiting" company that charges the candidate is not worth anyone's time. Nobody should ever have to pay a pimp to get a job; the client company should pay, as they're the ones getting the employee.[./QUOTE]

Absolutely!

MOST employers of any size have been "bombarded" by recruiters and staffing firms in the last decade. So, even if these companies haven't paid a recruiting firm for services, they are aware it will cost something to do so.

Think of it this way: if they are charging YOU to find you a job, how much effort do they have to put in to do so when they've ALREADY been paid? I've read about people paying as much as $7500 for such services. What a scam!

That's a "nice enough" fee in itself that it doesn't matter as much how much business they do with employers. My guess is that they are "double dipping" and charge employers close to market fees as well.

Their "connections" are NO better then anyone else's, either!

Other than perhaps paying a GOOD resume writer to help you with your resume, you should NEVER pay anyone to "help" you find a job! They are helping themselves to your money and it's a racket.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Positive Energy to You in Frisco, Texas

79 months ago

islndjak in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I have to agree with Evilotto, the recruiters that have taken my resume on line have called for very low level positions I have asked if they read the resume and I get " What do you mean" as a reply.
So I ask again very slowly "DID ...YOU... READ... THE ... RESUME"
And again I get What do you mean as a reply?????!
I guess they do not understand English, I think the industry has served it's needs, is obsolete, that is why we are having so many issues with them, and the people in the industry at least the new one's find jobs their careers match, that come into the company and leave. I have seen this myself.

How do you feel about companies, we have a couple of these here in Florida, that charge the employee 5 to 7 % of their total salary upon hire, no refunds if the job doesn't work out in 90 days [in the condo management industry], I would really like your thoughts as well as anyone else about this type of company.

If you put a income range of x-$ to x-$ on the e-mail or such they'll stop calling you on low level & low pay jobs.

Normally you'd aviod disclosing earnings to an employer.

79 months ago

Positive Energy to You in Frisco, Texas said: If you put a income range of x-$ to x-$ on the e-mail or such they'll stop calling you on low level & low pay jobs.

Normally you'd aviod disclosing earnings to an employer.

I have clearly stated my salary requirements to any person or company when contacted, and to recruiters when contacted and openly on my resume, they still call and expect you will settle for less.
I have no problems with quoting my salary to any employer I know my needs and will not settle for less than what I need to survive.

Johnny B in Boston, Massachusetts

77 months ago

evilotto in Framingham, Massachusetts said: I got my current position through a recruiter at the Judge Group office in Massachusetts. When they were telling me about the 401k that was offered, my jaw went through the floor; it was the best I'd ever heard about. I even took a lower salary than was initially discussed because of it. Come to find out when I went to sign up for it after a month, that what I had been told was not true, and indeed, could not POSSIBLY have been true (because of the tax laws that cover it.)

The difference in the amount of money here is middle five figures over five years. When I called them about it, they confirmed that that was what they had told me, but would not say where they got that information from (and our local HR person denied telling them the same thing that they told me.) Also, as it turns out, the account rep that had been working with my current employer left the Judge Group abruptly after I started calling them.

So there's two possibilities: either they're grossly incompetent in an area that they should be competent in (since they deal with benefit packages every day) or they lied to me about the 401k to get me to take the job. Oh, and did I mention there's nothing about the deal in writing, and no emails either? I did manage to get the recruiter to confirm the figures that she told me initially (that turned out to be pure fiction.)

So I get referred to their corporate counsel. She's since stopped returning my calls after she said she would speak with the branch manager locally (whom I've spoken with as well.) I just left her a message requesting a return call or I would be sending a registered letter to the CEO explaining the situation and detailing her attempts to ignore me.
Don't work with the Judge Group in Boston. Learn from my being ripped off.

Otto: You made a major life decision without getting the offer in writing...the fault lies with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

I love Staffing and want to change it in boston, Massachusetts

77 months ago

Hello everyone what a lovely peaceful forum :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois

77 months ago

evilotto in Milford, Massachusetts said: Hey, asshat, read the rest of the damn thread. I requested the details in writing, was promised something, and reported for work the first day with the expectation that I would be given the details in writing at that time. My new employer claimed (and I believe them over the scumbags at the Judge group) that they were never asked to send that out. Since I needed the job, I stayed. It was only after I'd been there a month (and my job search was shut down completely) that I found out about what they'd done.

Seeing as my only option was to quit, I chose to keep working. A job is better than no job.

I think you're probably a shill for the recruiting industry trying to blame me for the deceptive, fraudulent actions of the Judge group. Why don't you go lie to a candidate and leave us alone.

Otto: I work for Judge and I am sorry that you feel you were mistreated. Judge has been in business for over 37 years, and if we treated candidates the way you accuse us of treating you, that would not be the case. Judge is a great company!

jobseeker PA in New York, New York

77 months ago

sent my resume for a job. recruiter contacted me. We discussed the position. I thought it went very well. Recruiter not contacted me since. The job is also posted on employer website. Is it OK for me to apply directly with the employer ? Any thoughts would be helpful

77 months ago

make sure to follow up with the recruiter again first. try to be polite just in case he/she really did get busy. for the benefit of doubt attempt 1 e-mail, and 2 calls, leave vmail both times and be nice and polite. wait 1 full day after the last call and then do not apply to the position, simply call the employer and ask HR if they received your resume through the recruiter. if they did then thank them, tell them how excited you are to be considered and leave it at that. if they didn't receive it then send your resume directly and inform the recruiter that you have done so. in my opinion you would have done everything 100% right and no one can fault you. at the same time you extended courtesy to the rec.s he/she did not do for you and you protected yourself in case he really did send it but the client is slow as a snail and it has nothing to do with the recruiter. I think that covers it.

cheers,

77 months ago

also post what happens here. i'm interested in knowing what happened please.

Sick of the bullcrap in Hartsdale, New York

77 months ago

Any staffing agency on a relentless pursuit to find out where else one has interviewed should not be dealt with and Atlantis Partners is one one such agency. I was completely turned off by their arrogance and constant questions in trying to determine where I have interviewed. It's none of their business and they shouldn't be asking.

Sick of the bullcrap in Hartsdale, New York

75 months ago

Recently got a call from MacArthur and after having been burned twice by Atlantis and Remington, I told this recruiter where he can shove his so called "opportunity". This fool also started asking me about my interviewing history and I told him that he won't get it because I don't disclose such information. Do they not understand when people ask them to stop calling? They're worst than annoying telemarketers.

evilotto in Bellingham, Massachusetts

73 months ago

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois said: It stinks that you had bad experiences working with Atlantis and Remington....I would try using Judge www.judge.com .

Um, did you read the beginning of this thread? The Judge group basically inventing compensation details out of whole cloth is what tripped this all off. Judge appears to be staffed by compulsive liars and criminals that only want to get paid NOW, and they don't care about who gets burned along the way. Even threats of legal action go ignored.

I think you're a shill for Judge. If that's the case, please die in a fire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

evilotto in Bellingham, Massachusetts said: Um, did you read the beginning of this thread? The Judge group basically inventing compensation details out of whole cloth is what tripped this all off. Judge appears to be staffed by compulsive liars and criminals that only want to get paid NOW, and they don't care about who gets burned along the way. Even threats of legal action go ignored.

I think you're a shill for Judge. If that's the case, please die in a fire.

One more thing Otto; why do you find it necessary to post under a fake name?

73 months ago

Tell you what, you tell me that you're not affiliated with Judge in any way (this includes doing business with them, or anything that requires the maintenance of a business relationship with them), and I'll tell you my real name.

I'm not impressed with how long they've been around. All this means is that in 37 years they've managed to not be shut down for massive, systemic fraud. The law provides nearly no protection from predatory job placement agencies such as Judge, so their still being around is not remarkable. If I could shut them down with a lawsuit, I would. I have only my own experience to go by, and I have no proof that my impression of them is anything but typical, as attested to by the other posts in this thread. Why, exactly, do you think they're a good company?

Franks and Beans in Anchorage, Alaska

73 months ago

Evil Otto in Milford, Massachusetts said: First of all, I did ask for the terms of the job in writing. I was told that I would be receiving a packet detailing all the conditions before my start date. I did not receive the packet, and since I needed the job, I started. By the time I found out that there was a problem, I had shut down my job search.

My employer was not aware of a problem until I was. I'm not in a position to walk away from a job because of a miscommunication which by all reports was not my employer's fault.

I am not naive. There's a difference between "naive" and "getting lied to." Had I not started the job on the agreed upon day, I would not be employed. I'm not naive enough to think that my current employer would be sympathetic to a situation that they knew nothing about and was not at fault for. When I asked my new employer for the promised information, I was told they knew nothing about it.

IF you want to offer me a job, I'll walk away from this one. Until then, I see no reason to lose my house on a principal. Not when there are other options.

How can you be so naive to calculate your "bonus" and 401k as your earnings? You said your are going to lose your house? What kind of math were you doing??

73 months ago

evilotto in Bellingham, Massachusetts said: Tell you what, you tell me that you're not affiliated with Judge in any way (this includes doing business with them, or anything that requires the maintenance of a business relationship with them), and I'll tell you my real name.

I'm not impressed with how long they've been around. All this means is that in 37 years they've managed to not be shut down for massive, systemic fraud. The law provides nearly no protection from predatory job placement agencies such as Judge, so their still being around is not remarkable. If I could shut them down with a lawsuit, I would. I have only my own experience to go by, and I have no proof that my impression of them is anything but typical, as attested to by the other posts in this thread. Why, exactly, do you think they're a good company?

Otto, I thought that it would have been clear to everyone on the board that I do work for Judge. I am sorry you had a bad experience, but not all deals go smoothly, and to impugn a well respected company, 37 year old company over one bad experience is not fair. The fact of the matter is that Judge would not have lasted 2 years if they were guiltly of everything you have accused them of on this board.

Again, I am sorry you had a negitive experience and feel you were treated unfairly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

evilotto in Weston, Massachusetts

73 months ago

Franks and Beans in Anchorage, Alaska said: How can you be so naive to calculate your "bonus" and 401k as your earnings? You said your are going to lose your house? What kind of math were you doing??

I was treating my bonus and 401k as after my salary. The salary I accepted was enough to pay the bills; the bonus was going to be for extras, like renovations to the house, etc.

What I meant was, had I not taken that job, there was no guarantee that I'd be able to find another one before I got in over my head. I'm not prepared to roll those dice with my house on the table.

evilotto in Weston, Massachusetts

73 months ago

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois said: Otto, I thought that it would have been clear to everyone on the board that I do work for Judge. I am sorry you had a bad experience, but not all deals go smoothly, and to impugn a well respected company, 37 year old company over one bad experience is not fair. The fact of the matter is that Judge would not have lasted 2 years if they were guiltly of everything you have accused them of on this board.

Again, I am sorry you had a negitive experience and feel you were treated unfairly.

Reading back up, yes, you do indicate you work for Judge, so that's my bad there.

However, since you do, you are completely unreliable as an objective critic of the circumstances. Until you prove otherwise, you're a "good company man" (read: shill) trying to do damage control when faced with a dissatisfied former candidate.

Your company lied to me. Not once, but multiple times. By the time I knew what was going on, it was too late.

If you want to do something constructive, ask <named removed> why she didn't return a letter sent to her via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested from me. All that tells me is that they're hoping I go away. Not even a form letter saying that they've done no wrong, no phone call, nothing.

Until then, that's enough out of you. You're not going to convert anyone here.

Jeanna Z in Chicago, Illinois

73 months ago

Evilotto, that is a sad situation. One of two things may have occured during the interviewing and hiring process; either the recruiter may not have been carefully paying attention to the details of the companies benefit package (401K plan in this case) to be able to confirm and communicate accurate information OR she was anxious to fill the job because you were qualified and they needed to fill the position quickly. It appears there was no time and effort confirming those details. They are also not able to tell you "who" misinformed them because it was their mistake they do not want to acknowledge. If it was, in fact, the company who did not provide these important details, they would simply say this information was not communicated or that they, themselves were misinformed. Were you hired through a head hunter or staffing agency for direct placement for the company/client? Curious.

Jeanna Z in Chicago, Illinois

73 months ago

Jeanna Z in Chicago, Illinois said: Evilotto, that is a sad situation. One of two things may have occured during the interviewing and hiring process; either the recruiter may not have been carefully paying attention to the details of the companies benefit package (401K plan in this case) to be able to confirm and communicate accurate information OR she was anxious to fill the job because you were qualified and they needed to fill the position quickly. It appears there was no time and effort confirming those details. They are also not able to tell you "who" misinformed them because it was their mistake they do not want to acknowledge. If it was, in fact, the company who did not provide these important details, they would simply say this information was not communicated or that they, themselves were misinformed. Were you hired through a head hunter or staffing agency for direct placement for the company/client? Curious.

So sorry!!! I just read ALL of the posts and finally realized all of the details. I have all of my questions answered. Please disregard my question as now I understand it was a recruiting agency that was used to get you on board with your current employer.
g the entire forum posts until now.

73 months ago

evilotto in Weston, Massachusetts said: Reading back up, yes, you do indicate you work for Judge, so that's my bad there.

However, since you do, you are completely unreliable as an objective critic of the circumstances. Until you prove otherwise, you're a "good company man" (read: shill) trying to do damage control when faced with a dissatisfied former candidate.

Your company lied to me. Not once, but multiple times. By the time I knew what was going on, it was too late.

If you want to do something constructive, ask <named removed> why she didn't return a letter sent to her via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested from me. All that tells me is that they're hoping I go away. Not even a form letter saying that they've done no wrong, no phone call, nothing.

Until then, that's enough out of you. You're not going to convert anyone here.

I am not out to convert anyone....I am just a counter balance to your libelous statements. Judge is a great company and great place to work www.judge.com. Have a nice day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois said: I am not out to convert anyone....I am just a counter balance to your libelous statements. Judge is a great company and great place to work www.judge.com . Have a nice day!

It's only libel if it's not true. What I've written about in this thread is nothing but truth. Stop plugging your company; if it's not against the TOS on indeed.com then it should be.

73 months ago

Who's making sweeping allegations? I'm relating my own experience, and that says that Judge is a sleazy organization only interested in their own commissions at the expense of anything else. I have no evidence to the contrary besides your spin. If you want to provide specifics about how wonderful Judge is, go right ahead. Other than that, you're wasting your time here.

It's really comical, what you're doing. Your posts have salesman/marketing sleaze an inch thick on them. If you want to talk like a human being and not a marketdroid, be my guest. All you're doing right now is proving my point.

By the way, how's the Kool-Aid?

72 months ago

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois said: Judge is a great place to work!

Who are you trying to convince, yourself, or the other posters in this thread?

Again, please provide some specifics on why it's so great to work there, or else we can only assume that you're just shilling for shilling's sake.

evilotto in Ashland, Massachusetts

72 months ago

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois said: To all the other posters in this thread, Judge is a great place to work!

Still sounds to me like you're trying to convince yourself. Get lost.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

evilotto in Milford, Massachusetts

64 months ago

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois said: Please ignore the statement above!

Judge finally showed its true colors, eh?

64 months ago

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois said: Well Put Dave!

Give it up, "Christopher". (I have to assume that's a pen name, as that's how scumbag recruiters operate.)

Every experience I've had with a recruiter, EVERY SINGLE ONE, has been negative in some way shape or form.

You're scum and your company is scum. Go remove yourself from the gene pool, you knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, no-skill-having, lying, cheating, stealing jerk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois said: Otto, speaking about the pot calling the kettle black...Otto is not your name; Christopher is my name.

At least 'Evil_Otto' is clearly a pseudonym.

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois said: I am sorry for your negetive experiences with Recruiters, especially the negetive experience with Judge. If I was involved with that, which I was not, I might have handled things differently.

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it. If you really want to make an effort here, STOP POSTING.

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois said: "You're scum and your company is scum. Go remove yourself from the gene pool, you knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, no-skill-having, lying, cheating, stealing jerk."

Not very professional!!!

Do you think I give a flying whatsit if I appear professional to you or not? I call them like I see them.

64 months ago

I wasn't 'keeping anything up', you suddenly made another comment out of the blue. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

62 months ago

Let it DIE already! For f(#$'s sake!

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.