jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (33)

steve in Conyers, Georgia

97 months ago

they just run adds for jobs but I doin't think they have any. I have applied for more than my share of them , had more skills than what they were looking for and got no responce, my advice doin't waste your time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Bill from AL in Anniston, Alabama

97 months ago

Actually they did send me out on a job and gave a host of information about it. At the interview I asked questions taken from the email that Judge sent to me about the job. The interviewers knew nothing about what I was told. I figured someone was playing games with me and soon after calling the recruiter a different add ran for the same position.

Every recruiter I have ever met from any agency is nothing but jerk off and lying sacks of ****. I don't know what they hope to accomplish by lying about a job, avoiding to mention that it is 3rd shift or some low paying trash job.

I did some serious networking beginning a few years ago and I can honestly tell you that 15% of the recruiters I once knew are no longer in business and their website are long gone.

I did make some calls using toll free numbers that I once had and a couple of recruiters that I spoke to told me that they went out of business and had gone back to their former professions such as sales.

The dirt bag government are a bunch of liars with their unemployment reports as anyone out of work well knows that companies aren't hiring because they can't get skill tradesmen to work for free. They want H1b visas to bring in foreigners to pay them low wages.

I was speaking to a recruiter last week. We have had many emails and phone calls between us about the position. The last email on Wednesday was ‘call me if you think this is a good fit’. So I called Thursday and left a message and Friday and left a message and here it is Monday and I am still waiting for a return call from this sack of ****.

So you tell me what we can do except maybe start our own website for employees like us either in the managerial, technical or skill trade field and post who the lying **** bags are and post the actual phone recordings and emails from them. Especially since the government dirt bags won’t do anything to help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

tom in Carol Stream, Illinois

97 months ago

[QUOTE ....Every recruiter I have ever met from any agency is nothing but jerk off and lying sacks of s***.....The dirt bag government are a bunch of liars....I am still waiting for a return call from this sack of s***.

Hmmm....maybe your attitude and lack of professionalism might be at the root of your problems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

97 months ago

It is unfortunate that you are so disappointed.
What could recruiters do to set the job seekers expectation better? If there were better information about the average job seeker's experience, do you think it would improve things?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Bill

97 months ago

Audrey (Host)in Austin, Texas said: It is unfortunate that you are so disappointed.
What could recruiters do to set the job seekers expectation better? If there were better information about the average job seeker's experience, do you think it would improve things?

All I ask is the same respect that you would show people before this cold email generation. I have had to many recruiters, after several phone and email discussions, simply end the conversation and never reply again to simply say that 'the company isn't interested in you' or 'the job has evaporated' or 'the company has placed a hold on this position due to budget constraints'. Say something but just don't ignore the emails or additional phone call weeks later trying to obtain information. That just shows the low level of competence and quality of the recruiters out there today.

I have had recruiters call me months later about another employment position after ignoring my requests about the job we were just working on. What gall!

I have no respect for these people. It just gets worse everyday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mp in Northville, Michigan

97 months ago

I got a call from them after submitting my resume. They are true recruiters and didn't even have a job in Michigan even though the job was posted with a metro detroit "location." Waste of time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Super Frustrated in Saint Louis, Missouri

97 months ago

I completely agree with you Bill. It is very disturbing that so many morally and intellectually challenged inviduals can have so much influence over the direction of your career.

Recruiters universally have the same trait of ignoring phone calls, refusing to follow-up (let alone in a timely manner), and most treat you like a best friend if they think you'd be a good fit (only a few are SCARCELY qualified to do determine this accurately) or like the gum on the bottom of their shoe if you don't fit into the very narrow box (a box they overwhelmingly misconstruct because the cannot fully comprehend the needs of the hiring manager) of what a good candidate looks like.

Of late, my proudest moment was when I was placed in a postion to hire one of the epidemically-large number of recruiters without professionalism (or a soul). Of course, unlike him, I called him back and told him why hell would freeze over before he joined our company. I had experienced first hand his quality of work! Ahhh, karma.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

EJ in VA in Chester, Virginia

97 months ago

Judge recruiters are some of the worst I have ever had to deal with. They will call you asking to submit your resume to a company but they alway have very little details about the job. They never get back to you and when you call them to follow up they act as if you have done something evil to them. Even if a company felt I was not qualified I should at least get a response back to that effect. Also if you a working with one recruiter and there is another job out there under some one else with Judge they will refuse to submit you because then they would have to split the commission. I don't believe Judge actually have the positions they advertise but use peoples resumes to try to get in the door with companies. After trying to deal with them for some time I believe they are one big HOAX for job seekers. STAY AWAY FROM THE JUDGE GROUP!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Beeny in Chicago, Illinois

97 months ago

I have had bad experiences with recruiters myself. It appears as if some are have poor comprehension skills. I have had a couple call me up unsolicited for "mysterious" positions and even one to go as far to set up an interview; only for them to finally understand that that my resume did not "exactly" match the "mysterious" position. Morons, read first prior to wasting my time. And of course when you apply through them despite being well qualified they never respond. I personally avoid them and try to apply directly to companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bill

97 months ago

How true Beeny. I had a fool recruiter call me Friday from AZ. Of course we didn't connect the first time so I had to call him back. He said he found my resume on Career Builder and had a job in Alabama for me. I said great what is it? He asked if I had a motorcycle license as I would have to test drive bikes at Talladega. So I asked him what has that got to do with maintenance management since I am a maintenance manager.

Talk about stupid!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

K T in FL in Ocklawaha, Florida

96 months ago

Beware the Judge Group. I applied for two different positions they posted, they called back and aked if they could submit my resume for the positions. I didn't hear from them again myself, but the HR dept at my own company did! The Judge Company was "kind" enough to inform them of my new job search! So, now I'm walking on eggshells at my job with no prospects from them. Unbelievable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JD in Phoenix, Arizona

96 months ago

The Judge Group has to be a scam. They have had the same 3 jobs listed and relisted since before November of 2006. I actually wrote to them to ask if the jobs were real but got no reply. A friend of mine, who was more than qualified, applied for these jobs. No reply to him either. Don't bother wasting your time with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

So deplorable in Richmond, Virginia

96 months ago

It's so deplorable, if what other people are saying are true, that Judge Group people are making life ever harder for those that are already at low points in their life. It's hard and expensive to find jobs, and this group just adds more salt to the wounds.

First of, this group cheats and lies to get resume, it's a crime in itself. Second, by doing that it incurs high costs to job seekers by fax, email, etc. Copies cost money; faxes cost money, time to write cover letter costs money, even emails cost money if job seekers must pay for internet access at Kinko. Then the mailing, then the waiting, the false promise, etc. Do they have any souls, the Judge Group people, if what people complain has some truth to it? Some job seekers have hungry crying babies to feed, and they have to cut down on milk or blanket to compose and send over the entire resume package for the job. Some are living on borrowed dollars, maxing out their credit cards or even defaulting on some (or all) to live by, and here they have to spend money to send over the resume package for the promise that will never come.

It's a crime, and I suggest someone with some authority does something about unconscientous recruiters, among which the Judge group seems to be one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

AMB in Washington, District of Columbia

95 months ago

No, they are not a scam, just another of the hundreds of recruiters breathing the air of working people. Try calling them early Monday or anytime Friday...and good luck. Recruiters could not get hired at most of the law firms they've sent me to, and they barely understand the qualifications.

"I did some serious networking beginning a few years ago and I can honestly tell you that 15% of the recruiters I once knew are no longer in business and their website are long gone." This is from Bill. He is 100% right! If you talked a recruiter 3 years ago, try contacting them now. And good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SS in Frisco, Texas

94 months ago

steve in Conyers, Georgia said: they just run adds for jobs but I doin't think they have any. I have applied for more than my share of them , had more skills than what they were looking for and got no responce, my advice doin't waste your time

Many, many of these type companies get lots of effort from canidates and then do zilch. Each one only represents a few companies with a few specific jobs. The number of applicants per job available is rediculous. Most will never ever tell you that your not even in the running. None will tell you to apply to jobs at every recruiter out there because only one will have a job they'll match you to. Also, a recruiter can completely prevent you from getting a job.... they same job that the managers would want to hire you for. For those people who pry on jobseekers - shame on them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SH in Gilbert, Arizona

93 months ago

EJ in VA in Chester, Virginia said: Judge recruiters are some of the worst I have ever had to deal with. They will call you asking to submit your resume to a company but they alway have very little details about the job. They never get back to you and when you call them to follow up they act as if you have done something evil to them. Even if a company felt I was not qualified I should at least get a response back to that effect. Also if you a working with one recruiter and there is another job out there under some one else with Judge they will refuse to submit you because then they would have to split the commission. I don't believe Judge actually have the positions they advertise but use peoples resumes to try to get in the door with companies. After trying to deal with them for some time I believe they are one big HOAX for job seekers. STAY AWAY FROM THE JUDGE GROUP!

I has similiar experience...It was very strange and no details or explaination was given aeven though I was told I was well qualified by the recruiter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Fort Wayne, Indiana

93 months ago

This organization The Judge Group lacks intergrity and creditability. They are unprofessional know nothing about the industry and the job opening they advertise. ARE NOT REAL OPENINGS. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE JUDGE GROUP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois

86 months ago

Tom in Fort Wayne, Indiana said: This organization The Judge Group lacks intergrity and creditability. They are unprofessional know nothing about the industry and the job opening they advertise. ARE NOT REAL OPENINGS. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE JUDGE GROUP.

The Judge Group has been in business 37 years, has offices in 21 cities, and is about a $200 million company. I am sorry for your bad experience, but I assure you there in no more professional firm than Judge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bilquis Martin in Atlanta, Georgia

72 months ago

Hmmmm for me all of this interesting. I don't know if they have cleaned their act up or what but I was called by a judge recruiter... let's call him "jim". Jim is really from Chicago and he wanted to send me out for an interview with a national company that has a local office. I did have a phone interview with the supervisor with the department they were hiring for but never had an in person interview. However, it went extremely well and he called the next day and told me that I had the job. I have since even taken a drug test (they paid for it) and filled out various new hire forms. At the moment I am presently waiting for my results to be received so that I can start wednesday. The pay is competitive and as I stated prior the company is national with a pretty good reputation. I can truly say that my experience has been pleasant with Jim and with the Admin there. I have not had any issues with communication if anything they all over communicated with me, lol. Everything we spoke about via telephone it was backed up with an email. I don't know if I am one of the lucky few to have a good experience or if you guys are the un lucky few with bad experiences. All I know is that I am happy with my experience with Jim and the Judge group out of Chicago. I will let you guys know if they call me back with the last few details...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois

71 months ago

Thanks for being honest Bilquis; "Jim" is a good recruiter!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brendan in Saint Paul, Minnesota

69 months ago

Thanks for this information on the Judge Group. I was going through the process of getting their information, and the "scam" thread about them turned up on top of the list. I took a second look and saw how messed up it was. They are recruiting for a major consumer goods company, but they list it under the category of aerospace engineering. That was a red flag for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Unconscionable in Silver Spring, Maryland

65 months ago

So deplorable in Richmond, Virginia said: It's so deplorable, if what other people are saying are true, that Judge Group people are making life ever harder for those that are already at low points in their life. It's hard and expensive to find jobs, and this group just adds more salt to the wounds.

First of, this group cheats and lies to get resume, it's a crime in itself. Second, by doing that it incurs high costs to job seekers by fax, email, etc. Copies cost money; faxes cost money, time to write cover letter costs money, even emails cost money if job seekers must pay for internet access at Kinko. Then the mailing, then the waiting, the false promise, etc. Do they have any souls, the Judge Group people, if what people complain has some truth to it? Some job seekers have hungry crying babies to feed, and they have to cut down on milk or blanket to compose and send over the entire resume package for the job. Some are living on borrowed dollars, maxing out their credit cards or even defaulting on some (or all) to live by, and here they have to spend money to send over the resume package for the promise that will never come.

It's a crime, and I suggest someone with some authority does something about unconscientous recruiters, among which the Judge group seems to be one.

I totally agree abt the immorality these opportunistic & soulless recruiters. Why rob someone of hope & dignity when one is already down? Why do we see a family man kill his entire family in FL? Do we, as a society think about that? Unfortunately, not only is there a decline of the quality of recruiters out there, there is a moral decline (understatement) in our present-day society. I agree with Bill and his anger. I was out of work in 2004 & out again this past October. Got a call from another recruiter for the same job yesterday; got an e-mail from Judge Group today: look them up & viola, the "scam" flag was the first entry! Read ENTIRE write-up from everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jetdude in Norfolk, Virginia

62 months ago

Brendan in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: Thanks for this information on the Judge Group. I was going through the process of getting their information, and the "scam" thread about them turned up on top of the list. I took a second look and saw how messed up it was. They are recruiting for a major consumer goods company, but they list it under the category of aerospace engineering. That was a red flag for me.

I was hired though judge group as a contractor to another company and they got me a lot more money than I expected , benefits could have been a little better , but the economy being the way it is , I could not complain one bit.
Sorry to hear others had so many problems , I guess I was a lucky one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MissKnowItAll in Arlington, Texas

43 months ago

Let me begin by saying that The Judge Group is in NO way, shape or form, a SCAM. The Judge Group was founded in 1970 by Martin E. Judge Jr. The Judge Group is a professional services firm offering Technology Consulting, Enterprise-Wide Staffing and Corporate Training. For those of you that do not understand what this means...it means that company WORLDWIDE, consult with The Judge Group when they are needing assistance with thei staffing, training, etc.

The Judge Group works with a number of well respected, Fortune 100 companies, in a vast number of industies.

Now, as far as some of your complaints:

-Not being contacted after submission: If the company The Judge Group is representing is interested in moving forward with your candidacy, you can bet you will be contacted. If you are not contacted, they are not inetrested. The fact that the Judge Group represented you has nothing to do with the outcome. Your experience, location, tenor, salary requirements, etc., are all taken into account.

-Phoney job listings: As a whole, the Judge Group services a wide range of industries; however, each sector has it's own specialized recruiters. This is one of the reasons Judge has been so successful. Companies and candidates are working with recruiters who understand their niche. You can ask any successful recruiter, and they will tell you that tehy are ALWAYS looking for top talent for their clients. I am not saying I agree with recruiters being misleading, but much of the time that is not tehir intention. As example, they may have a client that is CONFIDENTIALLY looking to replace an employee. Clearly, it wouldn't be in anyones best interest to plaster the position/company details on the internet. Once a relationship/trust is established with a candidate, more information can be released.

As far as all of the comments regarding "heartless", "souless", "stripping of hope and dignity", etc... Let me explain something to you. cont'd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MissKnowItAll in Arlington, Texas

43 months ago

These recuiters work very long hours and make a living off of making PLACEMENTS. That means, they do not get paid unless a position is filled. If they know you (as a candidate) are not the right fit for tehir position, they will not watse time leading you on. Their time is their most valuable asset. These recruiters can not control who their clients hire, and who they dismiss.

Clearly, most of you do not understand how The Judge Group operates. These recruiters can not control what hiring managers do and do not ask in an interview. They are simply trying to HELP you. Maybe some of you should look in the mirror and do some real soul searching as to why you are having a difficult time finding employment.

I will close with this. The Judge Group is highly respected and employs some of the nations TOP recruiters. The Judge Group represents a number of Fortune 100 companies, and offers the best of the best when it comes to customer service. The Judge Group offers opportunities to candidates, that in most cases, wouldn't be available without their assistance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

Back in the 90's, I had sent my resume to the Judge Group office right here in Philadelphia. I got a call from them about a job. However, I left several messages for Laura, the recruiter who contacted me, and she never got back to me.

MissKnowItall: I agree with you. It's not just the Judge Group; it's practically every staffing agency out there. Companies are paying them to find the right candidates who fit their qualification to the T. Staffing agencies have absolutely no control over jobs that are filled, they need somebody right away, the job has been cancelled, and so forth. The companies are telling them this. After all, these companies are paying them for their services. They are not going to pay them a hefty fee for somebody who doesn't fit their qualifications and needs to the T.

At the same time, I am not going to waste my time or theirs by applying for jobs that I don't qualify for. The Judge Group mainly gets in professional positions. I have a telemarketing, customer service, and clerical/data entry background. Education-wise, I have the equivalent of a high school education; as well as business and vocational school training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Continued

So it really isn't worth my time or theirs. I'm just going to stick to the ones that take all kinds of skills; as well as the ones with my background, and that's the bottom line.

42 months ago

And besides, the Judge Group looks for managers, health care professionals (RN's, nurse managers. etc.), engineers, and so forth; definitely out of my job qualification range.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Westfield, New Jersey

41 months ago

MissKnowItAll in Arlington, Texas said: These recuiters work very long hours and make a living off of making PLACEMENTS. That means, they do not get paid unless a position is filled. If they know you (as a candidate) are not the right fit for tehir position, they will not watse time leading you on. Their time is their most valuable asset. These recruiters can not control who their clients hire, and who they dismiss.

Clearly, most of you do not understand how The Judge Group operates. These recruiters can not control what hiring managers do and do not ask in an interview. They are simply trying to HELP you. Maybe some of you should look in the mirror and do some real soul searching as to why you are having a difficult time finding employment.

I will close with this. The Judge Group is highly respected and employs some of the nations TOP recruiters. The Judge Group represents a number of Fortune 100 companies, and offers the best of the best when it comes to customer service. The Judge Group offers opportunities to candidates, that in most cases, wouldn't be available without their assistance.

I couldn't agree more with you MissKnowItAll. I had a great experience thus far with Judge Group. My recruiter's name is Joy from the Matawan, NJ office. She is absolutely wonderful. She provided me with all documentation in a timely manner. She has never taken more then a few hours to get back to me. I start work on Monday, so I will definitely follow up in about a month and let you all know how everything goes. So far, I'm very impressed. One of the top agencies out there... Or perhaps Joy is just a top recruiter. Either way, consider me a satisfied customer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

PearlAccord in Greer, South Carolina

36 months ago

I understand the business model, i.e. they are only paid when there is a placement. I do not understand however the very short-sighted rules of the road they employ. By that I mean - the overall level of communication is poor. It begins with some instances of job descriptions I have seen. Some of the verbiage is hysterical, some require you to BE AN EMPLOYEE to figure out the internal abbreviations. Then of course is the interview process - twice now I have been given the client name, only to discover I was calling the individual by the wrong name. I was asked to call back and give feedback - left a message, no one returned my call. And, then the job offer - which somehow was 15K less than what was published - of course I declined. My bottom line now is if you have the talent, skip the recruiters and contact employees directly when and where possible...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Baffled in Jacksonville, Florida

36 months ago

I recently had an interesting experience with Judge that I'd like to share, and would really like some feedback if anyone else had the similar. I had a recruiter contact me via email (no salutation to me) saying this "I will be in the office from 8am to 7pm EDT tomorrow. I would like to speak to you with regards to your resume. Please give me a call in my office at xxx-xxx-xxxx."

I read it and proceeded with some caution. Didn't say my name. Didn't say how he found my resume. We exchanged a couple emails (replies also vague and short) and finally were able to speak. He asked the typical 5 W's, said he has little available in the location I'm looking (though their website does have some listings, some possibly applicable, but like someone else said, the listings seem to be copy/paste and lacking in some detail). He didn't ask me to submit my resume on their website. By the way, I did find out how he found my resume, and it was on a very substantial website. Why not say that up front?

Anyway, the question asking from him was short, and then I asked him to tell me about himself and the Judge Group. Basic things that I think any conscientious seeker would like to know. Job placement/success rate, companies they have worked with in the past, about himself, etc. He legitimately got upset that I even asked. Also said in his history he's never had a client ask such questions which really surprised me. He didn't seem to want to tell me much. I understand the legitimacy behind not giving specific company names, but I don't think it’s out of line to speak of companies over x amount of years. It’s also not faux pas to tell a perspective client how many clients they represent on average and how their process works. At the point in which I knew he seemed upset (justified??) and that I wasn't getting much information I just ended the call.

The whole process seemed suspect from the beginning. Serious lack of information and very shady operation as a whole. Thoughts?

Also Baffled!! in Irving, Texas

36 months ago

Strangely enough I had the same situation that happened to me as "Baffled In" with Judge Inc recently! The whole interviewing thing online and work at home online is all too sketchy for me. First I have to pay for the work at home softwares via Western Union for $450.00 out front and reassuranced reimbursment at the end of my first months pay! What's up with that? Personally I do not think the job I'm applying for exactly exist or available. I'm out!! Judge Inc. sucks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amanda Jackson in Dallas, Texas

19 months ago

I just had someone from Judge, Inc contact me over text message. He said he had a job that matched my resume, then listed about 15 positions, some of which I had no qualifications for. Then he told me that he interview could only be conducted over Yahoo messenger. THEN, he asked me my full name, age, sex, and where I am located. That was a super red flag, because companies are not allowed to ask your age in an interview. I told him that I was suspicious, and that I would only proceed over the phone or in person. He said that the only way was over the messenger, and I said "good day."

Question is....has anyone else experienced this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.