Anyone leaving for Houston on MARCH 22

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

cooley47 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

71 months ago

Thought i would see if anyone else on the forums will be leaving at the same time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael- G in Farmington, New Mexico

71 months ago

cooley47 in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: Thought i would see if anyone else on the forums will be leaving at the same time?

I will b.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cooley47 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

71 months ago

What will you be doing?

Seeya in Houston!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael- G in Farmington, New Mexico

71 months ago

cooley47 in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: What will you be doing?

Seeya in Houston!

I am going to camp diamondback in iraq as a construction supervisor so they say, but my my prossesing date got pushed a week so ill be in houston on the 29th. Where will you be going?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

twoeyedflash in silverdale, Washington

71 months ago

My husband was called by KBR and told he had the perfect experience and definently going to be processed for a job in Iraq. he faxed copies of passport, hazmat etc. to them as advised. He called to see if the fax was recieved but could never get through to the person that he had been speaking with. (KBR had problems with their fax machine) He left several messages for them to return his call, to date no calls back, even though he was to be set up with a conference call etc. to complete his application process. We don't have an email address for the person.

We know their process might take time, and was worried but when they said he positivley was going to be processed for the job and then they don't return a call do we continue to wait......They were suppose to also call him back to set up a conference call and that has never been done. He has been laid off for the past 5 months now after being with a company for a decade and we really don't want to be lead astray. We are now into our savings just to live and don't have much left.

Is this a normal proceedure for them to leave people hanging that they say are locked in to the job....

Can you give me some insight to this since it seems you have gone through the process. Thank you. I can be emailed at twoeyedflash@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael- G in Farmington, New Mexico

71 months ago

twoeyedflash in silverdale, Washington said: My husband was called by KBR and told he had the perfect experience and definently going to be processed for a job in Iraq. he faxed copies of passport, hazmat etc. to them as advised. He called to see if the fax was recieved but could never get through to the person that he had been speaking with. (KBR had problems with their fax machine) He left several messages for them to return his call, to date no calls back, even though he was to be set up with a conference call etc. to complete his application process. We don't have an email address for the person.

We know their process might take time, and was worried but when they said he positivley was going to be processed for the job and then they don't return a call do we continue to wait......They were suppose to also call him back to set up a conference call and that has never been done. He has been laid off for the past 5 months now after being with a company for a decade and we really don't want to be lead astray. We are now into our savings just to live and don't have much left.

Is this a normal proceedure for them to leave people hanging that they say are locked in to the job....

Can you give me some insight to this since it seems you have gone through the process. Thank you. I can be emailed at twoeyedflash@yahoo.com

Do you remember the name of the person who he talked to? How long ago?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

twoeyedflash in silverdale, Washington

71 months ago

Michael- G in Farmington, New Mexico said: Do you remember the name of the person who he talked to? How long ago?

yes, Journee, it has been 2 weeks ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael- G in Farmington, New Mexico

71 months ago

twoeyedflash in silverdale, Washington said: yes, Journee, it has been 2 weeks ago.

lets talk! my email is kiker4271@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

twoeyedflash in silverdale, Washington

71 months ago

Okay, sent you an email...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cooley47 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

71 months ago

Michael- G in Farmington, New Mexico said: I am going to camp diamondback in iraq as a construction supervisor so they say, but my my prossesing date got pushed a week so ill be in houston on the 29th. Where will you be going?

I was told i will be at andaconda...I hope all goes well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cooley47 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

71 months ago

twoeyedflash in silverdale, Washington said: yes, Journee, it has been 2 weeks ago.

isn't Journee on this forum?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

twoeyedflash in silverdale, Washington

71 months ago

cooley47 in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: isn't Journee on this forum?

I believe she has been on and off but haven't seen any responses from her in a while. She still has not returned any calls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chantilly in Jacksonville, Florida

71 months ago

cooley47 in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: Thought i would see if anyone else on the forums will be leaving at the same time?

Hello,For about 1 month now I have been trying to get a job with KBR in the logistics field or anything else that I might qualify for. Is there any way that you can help me? Do you have any recruiters email or phone? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rugged Man in Vancouver, Washington

71 months ago

twoeyedflash in silverdale, Washington said: My husband was called by KBR and told he had the perfect experience and definently going to be processed for a job in Iraq.

Go into the KBRjobs.com website and see if his particular job category is even showing any current job listings. There is a very sparse number of job listings currently being posted there; and I suspect there is a good chance you won't see any listings for his particular category of job. As far as the fact that he was able to immediately follow through with sending a copy of his passport (as opposed to having to take the extra time in applying for a new passport) and other documents, I don't know what to think about the fact that he was never called back for the required telephone interview. But I am assuming that your husband is a "truck driver" since you mentioned the term "HAZMAT" in your posting here. I am also a truck driver; and there are currently NO TRUCK DRIVER JOBS being listed on the KBRjobs.com website system as of 03/20/2009. As far as all of these other people here who are planning on leaving for Houston around March 22, I wouldn't know what to suggest to you if you find that your particular job category is not currently showing any job listings on the KBR website. But since an estimated 50% of everybody who goes to Houston ends up not being accepted for employment, it may be that they have MORE THAN ENOUGH applicants to choose from no matter which way the chips fall. Good lunch to you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wayne Matson in Amboy, Washington

71 months ago

Rugged Man...... Are you going or already gone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rugged Man in Vancouver, Washington

71 months ago

Wayne Matson in Amboy, Washington said: Rugged Man...... Are you going or already gone.

Well, no and yes... I mean no, I'm not aware as to whether I'm actually "going" or not, but yes, I have already - "gone out of my mind" in a manner of speaking.

You responded to my other posting from the thread entitled, "KBR & PASSPORTS." I thought I had made it clear there that I don't know what the disposition of my situation is with KBR, and therein indicating that - as far as I really know - I may have been hung out to dry along with the other two individuals mentioned in that particular posting. (The thing is, of course, that in view of the four of us here who are experiencing this dilemma, I am effectively assuming that there are probably dozens of others - if not hundreds more - nationwide who are experiencing the same situation, but who just aren't here writing about it.)

In any case, I can't quite guess why you're asking me if I'm - "going or already gone" in view of that other posting I made, which clearly demonstrates that I haven't gone anywhere except possibly out of my mind.

Hey, good buddy, so how are things going over there in good old - "AMBOY, WASHINGTON?" I live in Vancouver (as you can see) and it was about seven years ago when I drove through that desolate region of Washington where you live in the interest of looking into the purchase of a double-wide mobile home situated in a community mobile home park. I drove all the way there and got to within 100 yards of the house in question when I decided that it was too far to drive from the Portland metro area - and so I turned around and drove back to Vancouver. (But at least gas wasn't so expensive back then.)

Anway, back on topic, I think the good news is that once we finally get the ball rolling here with "WORLD WAR THREE" on the way, then we can rest assured that KBR will need lots of help all over the planet, and not just over there in Iraq and Afghanistan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rugged Man in Vancouver, Washington

71 months ago

My apologies, Wayne: I see where you had responded to this thread before responding to the other thread, which offer to explain why you asked the question here. Good luck with your prospecting. Let me know how things move along.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chantilly in Jacksonville, Florida

69 months ago

Can anyone please tell me if theres a way to get certified in PBUSE? Please help
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.