Assignments in Iraq

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Alabamagal in Gulf Shores, Alabama

79 months ago

My husband called this morning from Baghdad. He arrived a week ago from Houston and is an electrician. He has had classes that finish up tomorrow, but got his assignment today. Of course, he was told in Houston that his assignment would be Camp Liberty, but once he got there was told they didn't have their assignments yet. Was told today that he's going to Tirkirt(?). But he also said one guy's assignment had been changed 4 times already today, so it can change. Does anyone know anything about Tirkirt, or what he can expect it to be like there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

switch in Austin, Texas

79 months ago

Alabamagal in Gulf Shores, Alabama said: My husband called this morning from Baghdad. He arrived a week ago from Houston and is an electrician. He has had classes that finish up tomorrow, but got his assignment today. Of course, he was told in Houston that his assignment would be Camp Liberty, but once he got there was told they didn't have their assignments yet. Was told today that he's going to Tirkirt(?). But he also said one guy's assignment had been changed 4 times already today, so it can change. Does anyone know anything about Tirkirt, or what he can expect it to be like there?

That is very common for them to change assignments. My hubby is at a C site in Kirkuk. Does he know the name of the camp. I would like to direct you to a bigger forum with a lot of people on that will have many answers to your questions. Also a lot of wives on there. Go to www.indeed.com/cmp/kbr and scroll down to salaries, bonuses and benefits forum. There are a lot of pages so go to the last one and read back. Good luck and hope to see you there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alabamagal in Gulf Shores, Alabama

79 months ago

switch in Austin, Texas said: That is very common for them to change assignments. My hubby is at a C site in Kirkuk. Does he know the name of the camp. I would like to direct you to a bigger forum with a lot of people on that will have many answers to your questions. Also a lot of wives on there. Go to www.indeed.com/cmp/kbr and scroll down to salaries, bonuses and benefits forum. There are a lot of pages so go to the last one and read back. Good luck and hope to see you there.

Thank you so much for writing back and I'll follow your advice and link. He didn't say what the name of the camp is, but said he will probably be leaving tomorrow to go there. He said it's supposed to be a large base, and doesn't seem too concerned about it. Will go see what on the forum you recommended. Thank you so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.