CALLING ALL ELECTRICIANS IN IRAQ!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

andy321 in gloucester, United Kingdom

74 months ago

Was offered a job a week ago as master electrician, huge decision, wife and kids at home. What can i expect,is it really as bad as i have read if you work for kbr (or ofshore company!) anyone had any probs with the job out there? exactly what sort of work would i do? is the hassle and time away worth the money?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (194) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Tampa, Florida

74 months ago

Well, you might want to take your own gun and face mask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

switch in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

Go on to the salaries bonus's forum. Lots of info there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mattjm1017 in Chesapeake, Virginia

65 months ago

Kristi88 in florala, Alabama said: Hi, my husband is in afghanistan as a journeyman electrician...he has been there for about 6 weeks i guess (oct 17). I am at home with our two little girls. We are originally from Houston,texas and my husbad has been working as an electrician for years. I have felt really bad for him going over there thinking that it must be awful for him but he says the worst part is being away from his family. He says he has worked in far worse conditions in Houston. He put himself on a routine it makes the time go by faster and he calls home everyday. There are computers he can use and he can use the other phone as often as he wants if he isn't working for 20 minutes at a time. The calls are routed through houston so he gets a phone card and calls then I get the number and call right back for free...(saves us money on phone cards) He has his own little "b bunk" as he calls it so a little privacy. The only downfall right now is that they have him on mandatory overtimex..with the money he is getting we are paying off our house and credit card then we will be good to go. So in my opinion it is worth it because when he gets back home I don't care what he does as long as we can pay the light bill we'll be fine. I hope my perspective helps a little...

Could you give me some info on how your husband got a job over there I am a licensed journeyman and am trying to find work over there thanks for your help mattjm1017@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kevin

64 months ago

Can anyone tell me how to go about getting a job over seas as a electrrician? The job marked here in phoenix is awefull and the wolves are about to break down my door. So if can help, my family and I would greatly appreciate. Please email zonie900@gmail.com. Thanks aga
in!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Latoya_j in Macon, Georgia

56 months ago

My husband was with SEII for 5 years. It was no problem for him. We talked everyday unless the phones went down and we could Skype sometimes. The only thing that he complained about was missing his family. Now he is home on a break until we have our new baby and we all plan to return overseas within the next year. There are no worries if you stick to yourself, do your job, and keep your social life down to a minimum. Its always best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

northliteman in Auburn, New York

48 months ago

please tell me how your husband landed the job and how to get in touch with that company thanks so much Dan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mark in Winter Park, Florida

17 months ago

Hi Kristi, can you give me info on how to get a electrician job like your husband has. M y name is mark email fishtoth@yahoo.com Thankyou!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mdali816@gmail.com in Oman

17 months ago

Respected sir

Now I doind work presrnt in oman pdo project maintenance & construction work presrnt here if you are interested our resume Reply me
Please

Regards

Sahjahan ali

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kmsingh818@gmail.com in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

15 months ago

To apply my education, training and subsequent experience, were I could be most benefit to the employer and where my personal qualities and ability to withstand pressure may be appreciat

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nganjel1@gmail.com in Johannesburg, South Africa

15 months ago

Can you please help me on how can i look for a job in KBR , I'm an african electrician with experience in mining and manufacturing. Here is my email add nganjel1@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sankarbai in Kakinada, India

1 month ago

sir iam a electrician working in iraq in9years and afghanistan,working us army base 26years experience workin in constructiom,maintanance,installing, all generator maintanance,also please can you help any electrical job please help.

thank q sir

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.