Confusion in searching for KBR jobs.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (29)

DiscoverPlatinum in Spring, Texas

66 months ago

Ok, I'm kinda confused. I was recently told about KBR and all the high paying jobs in Iraq. My background: I'm a recent college graduate with 2 bachelors degrees. One is in Government and the other is in French. I've been having lots of trouble finding a job here in the states and I really need a job now. I studied French in France for a year so I've already lived abroad and know what to expect. My sister and her husband are the ones that told me about KBR. They are both in the Army and my sister was in Iraq 2 years ago while I was in France and she's going back in a few months. She's given me lots of information too. I'm doing searches and have found lots of different sites. I also went to KBR Careers and found only jobs that I'm not qualified for or that require work experience in that field. I was told about lots of different jobs, such as food service, drivers, and other regular clerical or IT jobs. Where are those posted? And how does one apply for those? That's the confusing part. So, if anyone could give me any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

briankelly61 in Gilbert, Arizona

66 months ago

i think its all a bunch of lies i have also applied for over sea jobs and its a dead end

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

briankelly61 in Gilbert, Arizona said: i think its all a bunch of lies i have also applied for over sea jobs and its a dead end

I don't know. I was told these things by reliable sources who actually saw it in person. I'd like to think that it's not just a bunch of lies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

briankelly61 in Gilbert, Arizona

66 months ago

well i know i have the exp for the construction over there and still no replies on anything i think if they really wanted exp people it should be easy to get in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

briankelly61 in Gilbert, Arizona said: i think its all a bunch of lies i have also applied for over sea jobs and its a dead end

Ok, I think I answered my own question. I finally found where on KBR I need to be.
Briankelly, what kind of jobs are u looking for and where? Maybe I can try to help since I found where I need to be?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

patrick jiggetts

66 months ago

DiscoverPlatinum in Spring, Texas said: Ok, I think I answered my own question. I finally found where on KBR I need to be.
Briankelly, what kind of jobs are u looking for and where? Maybe I can try to help since I found where I need to be?

GO TO LOGCAP

ALSO TRY
WWW.FLUOR.COM
WWW.DYN-INTL.COM
WWW.CSAKUWAIT.COM
WWW.AECOM.COM
WWW.ITTDEFENCE.COM
BAKER HUGHES ALL THESE COMPANIES ARE HIRING OVERSEAS.. THEY HAVE ALOT OF RESUMES TO LOOK THROUGH.. MAKE SURE U HAVE UR PASSPORT AND JUST BE PATIENT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

patrick jiggetts

66 months ago

DiscoverPlatinum in Spring, Texas said: Ok, I'm kinda confused. I was recently told about KBR and all the high paying jobs in Iraq. My background: I'm a recent college graduate with 2 bachelors degrees. One is in Government and the other is in French. I've been having lots of trouble finding a job here in the states and I really need a job now. I studied French in France for a year so I've already lived abroad and know what to expect. My sister and her husband are the ones that told me about KBR. They are both in the Army and my sister was in Iraq 2 years ago while I was in France and she's going back in a few months. She's given me lots of information too. I'm doing searches and have found lots of different sites. I also went to KBR Careers and found only jobs that I'm not qualified for or that require work experience in that field. I was told about lots of different jobs, such as food service, drivers, and other regular clerical or IT jobs. Where are those posted? And how does one apply for those? That's the confusing part. So, if anyone could give me any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

TO ALL THAT ARE WONDERING ABOUT THE TIME LIMIT IN GETTING A CALL.. I APPLIED BACK IN FEBUARY FOR THE MAIL CLERK POSITION.. I GOT THE CALL IN SEPTEMBER.. THERE ARE OVER A HALF MILLION RESUMES THEY HAVE TO LOOK THROUGH SO YOU JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT.. I HAD GOT IT OUT OF MY MIND AND THE CALL CAME FROM OUT OF NOWHERE.. THEN THE ULTIMATE HAPPENED.. I DIDNT PASS THE "WABI" TEST. SO I HAVE TO WAIT TIL MARCH TO TAKE IT AGAIN. SO WHEN YOU GET THE OPORTUNITY.. MAKE GOOD OF IT.. I WAS OFFERED $7,500.00 A MONTH.. AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VALID PASSPORT.. KBR DOESNT ISSUE PASSPORTS ANYMORE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Patrick,

Thanks for all the links. I will definitely take a look at them. I found where I needed to be...LOGCAP I believe. I already applied for 7 or 8 jobs. And thanks a lot for the info...about the process and how long it could possibly take. I'll take that into account and not expect something so fast. I aleeady have a passport so I'm good on that. $7500/month sounds really good!

patrick jiggetts said: GO TO LOGCAP

ALSO TRY
WWW.FLUOR.COM
WWW.DYN-INTL.COM
WWW.CSAKUWAIT.COM
WWW.AECOM.COM
WWW.ITTDEFENCE.COM
BAKER HUGHES ALL THESE COMPANIES ARE HIRING OVERSEAS.. THEY HAVE ALOT OF RESUMES TO LOOK THROUGH.. MAKE SURE U HAVE UR PASSPORT AND JUST BE PATIENT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

patrick jiggetts

66 months ago

what job are you lookng to do?

66 months ago

Something clerical or dealing with computers preferably. I applied for Human resources, IT, and some other clerical job.
And you?

patrick jiggetts said: what job are you lookng to do?

patrick jiggetts

66 months ago

you definitely need to go to itt defense then.. they have alot of computer jobs.. check out csakuwait also.. i got an email from them saing that i will be contacted soon.. one of my friends just got back from KBR after doing 3 years over there.. making 90,000 per year.. IRAQ is definitely better to go than afghan right now.. but its all safe from what i hear

66 months ago

The problem is that with IT jobs they require Computer Science or related experience/degrees. I think the computer job I applied for either didn't or it wasn't exactly IT. Or maybe I did apply to one. I thought I'd chance it anyway. I know a lot about computers and have done my own troubleshooting as well as for others but I don't know anything about making programs and things like that.
A clerical type position would be ideal for me.

patrick jiggetts

66 months ago

YOU NEVER KNOW.. FROM WHAT I HEAR.. IF THEY LIKE WHAT THE SEE.. YOU CAN WING THE REST YA KNOW.. U MAY ALSO WANNA TRY WWW.GDLS.COM
www.urs.apply2jobs.com
www.rayjobs.com
www.lockheedmartin.com

Gabriele in Troy, Montana

66 months ago

If you go to logcaptalk.com there is a very large list of overseas contractors. It was compiled by a gentleman that used to be on one of the other indeed forums. You have to register but its free and full of info. He also set up a spot for you to post your resume and some people have been hired after the companies looked at the resume. check it out.

66 months ago

Thanks a lot! I'll do that. Looks like I have lots of homework tonite.

Gabriele in Troy, Montana said: If you go to logcaptalk.com there is a very large list of overseas contractors. It was compiled by a gentleman that used to be on one of the other indeed forums. You have to register but its free and full of info. He also set up a spot for you to post your resume and some people have been hired after the companies looked at the resume. check it out.

Shpend Dumani in Prishtina, Albania

65 months ago

Hey, you seem to have a very good knowledge of KBR in Iraq. Would you mind sending me an email so I can as you some questions, if that's ok with you?
Here's my e-mail:
bish4x@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Tiff B in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

DiscoverPlatinum in Spring, Texas said: Thanks a lot! I'll do that. Looks like I have lots of homework tonite.

Hey. So, how is ur search going? I wanted to reply to ur post b/c u sound just like me 4 months ago. Trying to apply for a job overseas was like stumbling onto this whole other planet i knew nothing about. LOL! just wanted to let u know that it may take a while...but eventually-if ur qualified, they will call.

They say contacting a recruiter doesnt help. initially maybe it doesnt but when positions open, i think they think of u if uve been in contact with them. I called a recruiter back n oct. I had all the certifications n req.mnts but no PASSPORT! finally rec'd it n dec. Emailed her.faxed all docs. n called to verify she got everything.then nothing.this wednesday....SHE CALLED! i process on the 8th and leave 4 iraq on the 17th.

Point is-there r drivers on the other forum who have been applying longer than me. U can email me at tcbarber2@hotmail.com if u hv any ?s id gv u my recruiter's info but Im a truck driver. i doubt she has non transortation positions...but im not sure. anyway

GODD LUCK

KBR Mom in Jackson, Michigan

65 months ago

It's real, my son submitted his application and resume in mid August for a Light Wheel Mechanic position, he's an ASE certified master mechanic with a CDL. He received a call from KBR two days later, he got the paperwork packet the next day and that evening faxed everything he could back to them, immediately scheduled his WABI, drove 2 hours to another city for a same day appointment with a dentist after calling until he found Aspen Dental, even with a delay of two weeks for an already planned and paid for vacation to Disney World the first week of September which his KBR recruiter completely understood, he was in Iraq by October 5th.

The key: a solid work history, a resume that was concise and to the point and proofread by several people for 0 spelling mistakes or grammar issues. He already his passport, proof of his ASE certifications, good references, he responded back immediately with all paperwork they required, showed extreme willingness to go above and beyond and cooperation with their requests.

If you present yourself well on paper with a good resume when you apply for these jobs, if you have the skills they need, you'll get the call. Read these forums, there are a lot of people offering good advice. If you have to pay someone to create an outstanding professional looking resume for yourself, do it. So what if it costs you $40 or $50 dollars, if you get a job because of it, it's a job hunting expense.

Companies like KBR have been doing this for a long time, they know what they are looking for and they are good at finding it. You have to make yourself stand out, and bad grammar and spelling could make the difference between getting that call or getting ignored. Yes, you may have the experience they are looking for, but you shoot yourself in the foot if you won't take the time to make their first and only look at you the best it can be.

u wont get a job if you cant spel or write in compleet senndences lol :] u no what i meen?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

gear box in walden, New York

65 months ago

I am lokking to go over sea to work as a mechanic ,I have 20 yrs exp in dealer heavy equipment training , what is he working on and pay scale my I ask

patrick jiggetts

65 months ago

gear box in walden, New York said: I am lokking to go over sea to work as a mechanic ,I have 20 yrs exp in dealer heavy equipment training , what is he working on and pay scale my I ask

scroll up and go to those websites i posted. all these cmpanies are hiring right now.. FLUOR pays the most but all of them pay more than what you're making now if you're interested in going overseas. I'm waiting for my visa so i can go to kuwait.. I was hired with csakuwait so im gonna take that job for now then try to get on with itt.. dyncorp.. fluor or kbr.. i could wait til march to take the wabi test again but i dont wanna pass up a real chance to go.. csakuwait is hiring right now and is seeking people so go to their website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KBR Mom in Jackson, Michigan

65 months ago

Mechanic son is working on Ford F150 Pickups, Turkish Vango's - look like a golf carts, some vans and trucks. I believe it was about 86,000 but there is a 75% uplift on the the first 40 hours each week. They work at least 84 hours a week, 7 days a week 12 or 13 hours a day. He works on KBR's fleet of vehicles, but there are other types of mechanics jobs, light wheel and heavy wheel. Some days there is more work then mechanics, other days not as much, said once it gets hot and there are more dust storms, they will do more oil changes and brake jobs, they do brake jobs every 1000 miles.

Chris Stillman in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

Tiff B in Houston, Texas said: Hey. So, how is ur search going? I wanted to reply to ur post b/c u sound just like me 4 months ago. Trying to apply for a job overseas was like stumbling onto this whole other planet i knew nothing about. LOL! just wanted to let u know that it may take a while...but eventually-if ur qualified, they will call.

They say contacting a recruiter doesnt help. initially maybe it doesnt but when positions open, i think they think of u if uve been in contact with them. I called a recruiter back n oct. I had all the certifications n req.mnts but no PASSPORT! finally rec'd it n dec. Emailed her.faxed all docs. n called to verify she got everything.then nothing.this wednesday....SHE CALLED! i process on the 8th and leave 4 iraq on the 17th.

Point is-there r drivers on the other forum who have been applying longer than me. U can email me at tcbarber2@hotmail.com if u hv any ?s id gv u my recruiter's info but Im a truck driver. i doubt she has non transortation positions...but im not sure. anyway

GODD LUCK

canyou email me please I have some questions for you stillman1017@yahoo.com

Daneris Cruz in Milford, New Hampshire

63 months ago

DiscoverPlatinum in Spring, Texas said: Ok, I'm kinda confused. I was recently told about KBR and all the high paying jobs in Iraq. My background: I'm a recent college graduate with 2 bachelors degrees. One is in Government and the other is in French. I've been having lots of trouble finding a job here in the states and I really need a job now. I studied French in France for a year so I've already lived abroad and know what to expect. My sister and her husband are the ones that told me about KBR. They are both in the Army and my sister was in Iraq 2 years ago while I was in France and she's going back in a few months. She's given me lots of information too. I'm doing searches and have found lots of different sites. I also went to KBR Careers and found only jobs that I'm not qualified for or that require work experience in that field. I was told about lots of different jobs, such as food service, drivers, and other regular clerical or IT jobs. Where are those posted? And how does one apply for those? That's the confusing part. So, if anyone could give me any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi I wanted to see how your job search is going. I have been applying like mad especially at Fluor. I am graduating this May, so that is probably something that is working against me. Since I am not available immediately, but I thought I would get my name in the system anyway. I found a great website that has great information about the whole process www.logcap4jobs.com/

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

63 months ago

Daneris Cruz in Milford, New Hampshire said: Hi I wanted to see how your job search is going. I have been applying like mad especially at Fluor. I am graduating this May, so that is probably something that is working against me. Since I am not available immediately, but I thought I would get my name in the system anyway. I found a great website that has great information about the whole process www.logcap4jobs.com/

Daneris,

Careful with these sites, they make it sound like you will get a job, right after you pay them for their services. There is more information on this site, from people that are here. That have a job. You are graduating, from what? You have been applying to Fluor, so has everybody else. Fluor is doing most of their hiring from the group of people that are already here, they are also holding job fairs in the Balkins. Flour has alot of qualified people to choose from because Dyn-Corp hasn't been taking to many of the existing people. Tell me what you know how to do, I might be able to give you a couple of companies to try.

63 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: Daneris,

Careful with these sites, they make it sound like you will get a job, right after you pay them for their services. There is more information on this site, from people that are here. That have a job. You are graduating, from what? You have been applying to Fluor, so has everybody else. Fluor is doing most of their hiring from the group of people that are already here, they are also holding job fairs in the Balkins. Flour has alot of qualified people to choose from because Dyn-Corp hasn't been taking to many of the existing people. Tell me what you know how to do, I might be able to give you a couple of companies to try.

Hi thanks for the reply. Well my major is not helping me stand out, I majored in Liberal Arts. I oringinally wanted to major in urban planning but the public universities do not offer that major at the undergraduate level. Only private and yearly tutition starts at 40,000, i used to live in MA I attend umass lowell a public university. Before the financial crisis I was planning on attending law school, but I am not certain that is such a good plan right now.

I have been applying for administrative and customer service coordinator jobs. If I am hired chances seem slim since like you said they have thousands of qualified people to choose from. I would begin studying for an associates in business in hopes of being able to advance from administrative assistant to a role with more responsibilities.

I do like that website because instead of having to search the forums you can find info very quickly. I am planning on using their resume services if after more time passes I still get no responses from recrutiers. My thinking is I have to try everything possible, especially when things are so competitive. Of course I do not know if they are being honest about the knowledge they poses regarding resumes.

63 months ago

Daneris Cruz in Milford, New Hampshire said: Hi thanks for the reply. Well my major is not helping me stand out, I majored in Liberal Arts. I oringinally wanted to major in urban planning but the public universities do not offer that major at the undergraduate level. Only private and yearly tutition starts at 40,000, i used to live in MA I attend umass lowell a public university. Before the financial crisis I was planning on attending law school, but I am not certain that is such a good plan right now.

I have been applying for administrative and customer service coordinator jobs. If I am hired chances seem slim since like you said they have thousands of qualified people to choose from. I would begin studying for an associates in business in hopes of being able to advance from administrative assistant to a role with more responsibilities.

I do like that website because instead of having to search the forums you can find info very quickly. I am planning on using their resume services if after more time passes I still get no responses from recrutiers. My thinking is I have to try everything possible, especially when things are so competitive. Of course I do not know if they are being honest about the knowledge they poses regarding resumes.

Apply for any and everything that you are interested in, but not all at once, just a few per week. The reason is that some of the recruiters when they go to fill a position, the resumes are sorted by submission date. If thats the case alot of it depends on luck. Highlite any work experience that would translate to the position, also some sites allow you to have multiple resumes saved. If you can write the resume for the job, generic resumes don't work real well. Keep at it, you may get a call. BE READY TO TRAVEL. The person that calls you, may want you to leave next week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: Apply for any and everything that you are interested in, but not all at once, just a few per week. The reason is that some of the recruiters when they go to fill a position, the resumes are sorted by submission date. If thats the case alot of it depends on luck. Highlite any work experience that would translate to the position, also some sites allow you to have multiple resumes saved. If you can write the resume for the job, generic resumes don't work real well. Keep at it, you may get a call. BE READY TO TRAVEL. The person that calls you, may want you to leave next week.

Hi, thank you for the advice! I just received my passport in the mail, I tried changing my passport status on Fluor, but they only let you change that status as you apply for each job. They do not have a passport field in your job profile if you know that I mean. It is interesting that they are recruiting in the Balkans I wonder if they are hiring many administrative assistants from there. From what I have read in the forums forgein nationals are not treated well although I have not heard in that in connection to Fluor just to other companies and that they are paid very low wages. Of course this may not be true for all companies, but companies being rational like to save money whenever possible.

Proleter in Strumica, Macedonia

63 months ago

You are right, you can update your passport status only when applying for a job.
As for FN's(That's what they call us.), wages are about half of the American National's. But it's still good to make a living.
About the treatment, it doesn't depends on the company. As always, it depends on the person. People can get pretty frustrated, when they feel threatened, under pressure or feel that they don't get what they deserve. There are good and bad experiences.
About the recruitment of FN's, for now, they recruit people from Balkans with previous LOGCAP experience only. Most of the times there is a note in the job description if it is for people from Balkans.

63 months ago

Daneris Cruz in Milford, New Hampshire said: Hi, thank you for the advice! I just received my passport in the mail, I tried changing my passport status on Fluor, but they only let you change that status as you apply for each job. They do not have a passport field in your job profile if you know that I mean. It is interesting that they are recruiting in the Balkans I wonder if they are hiring many administrative assistants from there. From what I have read in the forums forgein nationals are not treated well although I have not heard in that in connection to Fluor just to other companies and that they are paid very low wages. Of course this may not be true for all companies, but companies being rational like to save money whenever possible.

I don't know where you read that FN's aren't treated well. Yes, they get paid less than expats, but that is where it ends. Their pay is still about 5 times what they could make at home, I am not making 5 times what I made at home. They are treated better than US workers, they run this place. If you come overhere, you will be the minority. Most of the mid-level management is foreighn. Don't take this wrong, I am prejudice, at least I wasn't before coming here. If you screw up, you go home. If one of them screws up, a few days off. I recently seen a guy break a major security policy rule, fired right, wrong. The man got three days off, he was from the Balkins. If it was one of us, we would be on the next plane home. Just keep in mind most of HR and your imediate supervisor are not going to be from the US. They take care of their own, and the position that you are filling is one that their friend wants.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.