Credit requirements

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

gilltl in dallas, Texas

56 months ago

okay I keep hearing conflicting informtion in regards to the credit qualifications. I was laid off earlier this year and fell behind and now I'm going through a modification on my home loan which takes the banks forever to do. Will this disqualify me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

VicenteV in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

gilltl in dallas, Texas said: okay I keep hearing conflicting informtion in regards to the credit qualifications. I was laid off earlier this year and fell behind and now I'm going through a modification on my home loan which takes the banks forever to do. Will this disqualify me?

If you have late payments and what not it doesnt matter. But if you have collections it depends on the amount that you have. usually if you have over a thousand you will not be approved. I know this because im processing right now with KBR... You can try to pay some collections down in case you do have collections and try to do a rapid rescore. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gilltl in dallas, Texas

56 months ago

well see i dont h?ave any collections, but my credit reports shows my house note is in the rear...what do you think about that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California

56 months ago

gilltl in dallas, Texas said: okay I keep hearing conflicting informtion in regards to the credit qualifications. I was laid off earlier this year and fell behind and now I'm going through a modification on my home loan which takes the banks forever to do. Will this disqualify me?

I'm confused too. From what prior posts are indicating is that if you apply for jobs that require a clearance you need to be in good credit standings. No BAD debt and no criminal history. Non clearance jobs may accept law violations depending on what it was. Also credit/financial history, it may be a case by case issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California

56 months ago

VicenteV in Houston, Texas said: If you have late payments and what not it doesnt matter. But if you have collections it depends on the amount that you have. usually if you have over a thousand you will not be approved. I know this because im processing right now with KBR... You can try to pay some collections down in case you do have collections and try to do a rapid rescore. Hope this helps.

Vincent, are you processing for a job that requires a clearance? I'm hearing mixed stories. I know clearance positions require good credit and no law violations.
I hear that processing for non clearance jobs, bad credit is not a factor. Only law violations are a factor. Can you clarify?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California

56 months ago

VicenteV in Houston, Texas said: If you have late payments and what not it doesnt matter. But if you have collections it depends on the amount that you have. usually if you have over a thousand you will not be approved. I know this because im processing right now with KBR... You can try to pay some collections down in case you do have collections and try to do a rapid rescore. Hope this helps.

Just spoke to my recruiter. I addressed the confusion regarding clearance jobs, bad debt / collections and credit report. She say 'the only positions that require a credit check are the mail positions. Any other positions require the basics of a passport and driver’s license plus the criminal background check'.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

VicenteV in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California said: Just spoke to my recruiter. I addressed the confusion regarding clearance jobs, bad debt / collections and credit report. She say 'the only positions that require a credit check are the mail positions. Any other positions require the basics of a passport and driver’s license plus the criminal background check'.

You are right, Im processing for Mail Clerk and yeah only very few positions require you to have good credit or at least no bad debt. Late payments and stuff like that dont matter. But yeah other positions dont need to have the credit checked so that makes it alot easier to get the job. One less thing to worry about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gilltl in dallas, Texas

56 months ago

thank you guys for that clarification...that really helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.