Current Hire Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California

55 months ago

Good day everyone. I'm new to the forum and I'm also beginning to apply to positions I qualify for in hopes of employment with KBR. No calls yet. I have been lurking through this forum for a few hours now and had a found a few answers on my own.However some answers I look for are not quite clear to me yet. Some are new posts, many are a lot older posts. I may find answers to some more questions as I hang around the forum, which I intend to do.
The questions I have is: (for non ts/s clearance jobs)
What is the hire process provided you get a call from a recuiter and everything is good to go with qualifications, passport etc....
What is included in the packet?
How long is processing and how long it usually takes from processing to wheels up?
What is an uplift?
What is the salary range for vector control, truck driver, and Logistics Coordinator - MCT?
Thanks for hearing me out.., hope to hear from you soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

55 months ago

Hey Chris,

From what I have seen here you don't have to be qualified to get a job, just keep applying.If they call you, they might ask a few job related questions, you noticed I said might. The packet contains an SF86 form, which is just a public information disclosure, and a dental release form. These will be emailed to you. Processing is normally just a week, weels up, well that is dependent on how many people they are trying to get out. A few years ago it could take 3-4 weeks, by the way you don't start getting paid until wheels up. Uplift is an additional percentage that yo get for working in these conditions. Uplift is only paid on the first 40 hours per week. Most non-supervisor jobs are going to be between 70-100k per year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: Hey Chris,

From what I have seen here you don't have to be qualified to get a job, just keep applying.If they call you, they might ask a few job related questions, you noticed I said might. The packet contains an SF86 form, which is just a public information disclosure, and a dental release form. These will be emailed to you. Processing is normally just a week, weels up, well that is dependent on how many people they are trying to get out. A few years ago it could take 3-4 weeks, by the way you don't start getting paid until wheels up. Uplift is an additional percentage that yo get for working in these conditions. Uplift is only paid on the first 40 hours per week. Most non-supervisor jobs are going to be between 70-100k per year.

Thanks for the info. I actually did get a few calls from recruiters from 2 companies. I had to wait for my passport. I now have. Now I'm waiting on a state certification to come in the mail. should be in this week. I'm not sure if these were considered "calls"...Maybe inquiries. Once I get a true copy of my cert, then I forward it to my recruiters. I hope to move forward after I send a copy of my cert.....Thanks for the reply:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

PS....I dig your user name. Since I'm unemployed...I'm gone fishing every day. ....Leopard shark, Bat Ray, Sturgeon and Halibut so far this year......Fish on..........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.