Foreign nationals - Who’s getting hired? - Who’s not

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

TIMiB in Brighton, United Kingdom

65 months ago

I have been applying for a plumbing position with KBR for about four weeks now, with no luck just after a friend of mine from the UK got hired as a Master Electrician.

I have heard that there might be a complete stop of employment for all foreign nationals with KBR and wanted to find out if that is the case.

If you are from outside of the US and have been trying to find employment with KBR or any other company's involved in hiring staff for the logcap project and are successful it would be great to hear from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

decmck in Cookstown, United Kingdom

65 months ago

TIMiB in Brighton, United Kingdom said: I have been applying for a plumbing position with KBR for about four weeks now, with no luck just after a friend of mine from the UK got hired as a Master Electrician.

I have heard that there might be a complete stop of employment for all foreign nationals with KBR and wanted to find out if that is the case.

If you are from outside of the US and have been trying to find employment with KBR or any other company's involved in hiring staff for the logcap project and are successful it would be great to hear from you.

I have been trying to get hired for months, the new US administartion under obama requires security clearance for everyone looking to do logcap work, the only way you can get security clearance is if you are a US citizen. I have been told by companies that I would have been hired only for this, because I have previous logcap experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

TIMiB in Brighton, United Kingdom

65 months ago

That's real unlucky mate, what job where you doing previously, who were you working for? Are you still trying to get hired? None of the three company's mention anything about this on there website, you would think they would to save them hundreds of foreign nationals applying for jobs that they will not get???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.