Getting a Foot in the Door...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Brett85 in Iowa, Louisiana

58 months ago

Hello. I've been trying for about a year to get on with KBR. Like a lot of you, I've spent countless hours applying to jobs on the website, searching for info, etc. I decided to just stop stressing it, and ask for help.

I just want to get my foot in the door. I don't care if I'm stuck cleaning toilets. As long as I'm getting paid, I'll be happy.

If anybody has any recruiter contact information, please send it to me at

bnaron10@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California

58 months ago

Brett85 in Iowa, Louisiana said: Hello. I've been trying for about a year to get on with KBR. Like a lot of you, I've spent countless hours applying to jobs on the website, searching for info, etc. I decided to just stop stressing it, and ask for help.

I just want to get my foot in the door. I don't care if I'm stuck cleaning toilets. As long as I'm getting paid, I'll be happy.

bnaron10@yahoo.com

I've been trying for while as well. Only a few months since I first started applying at these companies. After reading thru the forums it is nearly impossible to get a recruiter name and contact unless they call you instead. And the ones that are posted don't return calls. Upon further reading, I found out that recruiters look for key words in your resume that may apply to a job you want. I used words from the job description and put them on my resume. But be honest when they call you. You may get challenged. I recently got a few calls. Maybe it was just my turn to be called or maybe is because I changed my resume a few times. The last change on my resume was that I added my passport number and exp date. If that helped me, I'm not sure. It's worth a try. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

58 months ago

Why do you want to work for this company? I have been here for a while now, and am looking to get out ASAP. Unless you are fluent in Bosnian you will not understand most of what is said. Even if you get a job the odds are that you work for a Bosnian that doesn't want you there. You will be assighned the crap work, while their fellow Bosnians sit and drink coffee and smoke. Oh, about the pay, just a few things you haven't been told. If and when you go to Houston, you do not start getting paided until you get to Dubai. You actually do not work for KBR, you work for SEII, which is a Dubai company that KBR owns. This is setup so they do not have to pay any taxes on you and so that they do not have to follow any American employment laws. The only way your money becomes tax free is if you do not spend more than 35 days in the US in a year, if you do the whole year becomes taxable. You work 84 hours per week, you actually get paid less per hour after 40, alot less.

KBR has lost the contract for Afghanistan, and will soon loose it for Iraq. Fluor and Dyn-Corp are going to be the two primary contract holders with many subs. It doesn't appear that much is going to change, it actually looks as though it is going to get worse. Dyn-Corp is only offering a few Americans jobs, these are people that have been here fro years. If you look on Fluors website and read the job descriptions, many say that they will be interviewing in the Balkins and that you must be present.

Good luck with your job search, I would give you mine if I could.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Daneris Cruz in Milford, New Hampshire

58 months ago

I think it might be a good idea to rework your resume and coverletter, it could be that you are not presenting yourself in a way that they like and makes you stand out. Many cities have career centers that often offer services for free like a resume analysis. I think its worth the effort to spend time on it, because a resume is the only way you have a chance at getting a job. Unless you have very good connnections in hr. A good website that sort of consolidates a lot of the information that are in the forums is www.logcap4jobs.com/ . No I do not work for them but I found their website while searching for more information on the process.

I agree with gone fishing, kbr is diminishing while others are gaining strength, it is better to focus on the companies he mentioned.

Hvac Pro in Las Vegas, Nevada

53 months ago

try their website, then give them what they want.

Alex taylor in Elizabethtown, Kentucky

53 months ago

Brett85 in Iowa, Louisiana said: Hello. I've been trying for about a year to get on with KBR. Like a lot of you, I've spent countless hours applying to jobs on the website, searching for info, etc. I decided to just stop stressing it, and ask for help.

bnaron10@yahoo.com

I have worked for KBR for the last 6 years--be advised that if you are hired, you will be gone for long periods of time and in dangerous areas as well---everyone says thats ok I am ready, but on my first tour only about 1/2 of the employees actually got off the plane--as things have calmed down, more people have applied---#1 military experience helps alot. #2 Go to a recuiting event--you may have to travel a way for this, but Do not leave until you have spoken with that recuiter and have made some sort of impression. #3 If you have anything and I mean ANYTHING negative on a criminal record report, credit report, You cannot imagine what all they check, you do not have a chance, if you have a health condition---diabetes, heart, asthma almost anything that the heat could make worse then it it will not happen--You have to be able to get a dentist to sign stating that you should not need any dental work for the next 6 months.--If you do manage to get to Houston for the physical and testing and they find anything wrong there, you will be sent home immediately. If you do manage to get a position always stay within th exact guidelines of your employment contract--they have no tolerance for disobeying the rules--no married men are to be in a ladies barracks at any time--no alcohol of any kind at any time---no magazines or books that could be considered an insult to the Iraqi people--You will not be warned--you will be taken to the airport that day and sent home---Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dlst10 in New York

50 months ago

I too have been trying to gain employment with KBR for a while Brett85. My skill set has had me looking at any of the Fuel Distribution Systems Operator positions. I have years of experience and reworded my resume several times but still no luck. I keep trying though, lol! This web site (Ineed.com and its community members) have been a good source of information and inspiration. Thank you both!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.