Going to Houston March 8th/9th

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (42)

The General in West Palm Beach, Florida

66 months ago

Hello everyone. My name is Mike Q. A recruiter called me the other day about 3 weeks after I filled out the KBR application online. I applied for the Crane Operator Position in Iraq. The recruiter even took the name of my co worker who was intrested in the job, and set him up with the confrence call. Well, we both are set to go to Houston on the 8th/9th of March providing all the paperwork is filled out and we are cleared to go...

My question Ms. Jones is do they allow current coworkers applying for the same job to be stationed together? Whats the pay breakdown, Recruter said it would be $7300 a month. no overtime ? Where do they station crane operators?

thamks
Mike Q
Zredroc@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

blazin1 in Pennsylvania

65 months ago

The General in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Hello everyone.
Whats the pay breakdown, Recruter said it would be $7300 a month. no overtime ?

thamks
Mike Q
Zredroc@aol.com

Just curious to know is that 7300 a month tax free? If it's not, than thats not really a whole lot of money, especially if you would be working in hostile environments which I assume you would be. No offense intended.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sharonbgif in Altamonte Springs, Florida

65 months ago

The General in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Hello everyone. My name is Mike Q. A recruiter called me the other day about 3 weeks after I filled out the KBR application online. I applied for the Crane Operator Position in Iraq. The recruiter even took the name of my co worker who was intrested in the job, and set him up with the confrence call. Well, we both are set to go to Houston on the 8th/9th of March providing all the paperwork is filled out and we are cleared to go...

My question Ms. Jones is do they allow current coworkers applying for the same job to be stationed together? Whats the pay breakdown, Recruter said it would be $7300 a month. no overtime ? Where do they station crane operators?

thamks
Mike Q
Zredroc@aol.com

Going on the 9th too. Taking WABI today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Took the WABI yesterday and passed finished the test with 25 mins left out of 80 mins..lol all paperwork is in except the dental release... im still wondering what the pay breakdown is... Recruiter quoted 7300 a month tax free minus health and 7 % in social and madicare.... is this true ?

65 months ago

sharonbgif what job are you going as?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

my email is sharonbgif@aol.com My husband is going as a forklift driver. We live in Orlando.

65 months ago

My husband took the wabi test and passed this week-end. Going to the dentist today.

rnbotrt in Kalispell, Montana

65 months ago

I applied for that same job on a Saturday and they called me on the following Tuesday to hire me for an Equipment Operator job. This all happened last week. I get to drive three hours this morning to take the WABI. Then I have a Dentist appt. next week.
Good Luck, I'm scheduled for Houston on the 15th.

65 months ago

email us at: sharonbgif@aol.com

65 months ago

email me at: sharonbgif@aol.com with your phone number

Gabriele in troy, Montana

65 months ago

rnbotrt in Kalispell, Montana said: I applied for that same job on a Saturday and they called me on the following Tuesday to hire me for an Equipment Operator job. This all happened last week. I get to drive three hours this morning to take the WABI. Then I have a Dentist appt. next week.
Good Luck, I'm scheduled for Houston on the 15th.

Good luck on the WABI.

kevsatim in Glasgow, United Kingdom

65 months ago

hi people

my name is kev! ive been offered a job as a journeyman electrician out in iraq with kbr!
i am currently waitin on my police report coming back then they said they would make arragements to fly me over from the uk to texas! i was wondering wat this wabi test is? do electricians have to sit this as well? could someone please advise? also is there anything that anyone is aware of about electricians out in iraq that i should know about? i.e like living conditions and the standard of food etc
any help would be greatly appreciated

65 months ago

kevsatim in Glasgow, United Kingdom said: hi people

my name is kev! ive been offered a job as a journeyman electrician out in iraq with kbr!
i am currently waitin on my police report coming back then they said they would make arragements to fly me over from the uk to texas! i was wondering wat this wabi test is? do electricians have to sit this as well? could someone please advise? also is there anything that anyone is aware of about electricians out in iraq that i should know about? i.e like living conditions and the standard of food etc

Try this link, it gives you all kinds of info. Lots of electricians or their spouses that can answer your specific questions.
www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/KBR/KBR-Salaries-Bonuses-Benefits/t9293/p193

65 months ago

The WABI was a piece of cake! I drove for three hours to spend forty minutes in the testing center. Dentist will probably want to take my wisdom teeth out, I needed to get that done anyway. At least I've still got insurance from my job now.

65 months ago

I would just go to another dentist. They don't have to take your wisdom teeth out unless you want to have it done.

65 months ago

They've been bugging me lately anyway. Might as well have them yanked out, if I can get it done and get healed up in time to go to Houston.

65 months ago

That is true. Especially with insurance. I say go for it.

UKsparky in N.I., United Kingdom

65 months ago

kevsatim in Glasgow, United Kingdom said: hi people

Hi Kev, you are given a medical and some simple courses in Houston,
but when you get to Iraq you will have to sit some classes regarding the regulations... ie TNC, TNS, TNC-S systems etc etc and also you are questioned about testing as your work will all be testing. been told the food is great!! and the accommodation is sharing with one or 3 or in a tent luck of the draw.

kevsatim in United Kingdom

65 months ago

UKsparky in N.I., United Kingdom said: Hi Kev, you are given a medical and some simple courses in Houston,
but when you get to Iraq you will have to sit some classes regarding the regulations... ie TNC, TNS, TNC-S systems etc etc and also you are questioned about testing as your work will all be testing. been told the food is great!! and the accommodation is sharing with one or 3 or in a tent luck of the draw.

hey uk sparky thanks for the help its helped put my mind at rest now i know wat to expect when i get to iraq! i take it most of the earthing arragements in the installations out in iraq would be tt systems?? roll on texas

65 months ago

kevsatim in United Kingdom said: hey uk sparky thanks for the help its helped put my mind at rest now i know wat to expect when i get to iraq! i take it most of the earthing arragements in the installations out in iraq would be tt systems?? roll on texas

Yes but it varies over there depends were you are... just make sure everything get's earthed that's the idea... B/P is a big thing in the medical so make sure your's is in and around normal which is around 120/80... kevs a tim... lol just noticed your name... atleast the Gers won 2day... the Baghdad R.S.C will be happy lol!!

Also get the just of a Fluke MF Meter as it's the model they use ie... 1563 i think.

65 months ago

kevsatim in United Kingdom said: hey uk sparky thanks for the help its helped put my mind at rest now i know wat to expect when i get to iraq! i take it most of the earthing arragements in the installations out in iraq would be tt systems?? roll on texas

One other thing Kev, it is a minimum 84 hour week... most of the time is 12 hour shifts but you can be expected to work and extra few hours up to 16 depends what site you are on, I've been told that all the good sites are full for British guys.. mostly B sites left they ain't the best and it will be sharing with several other but the food is still great!!

65 months ago

UKsparky in N.I., United Kingdom said: One other thing Kev, it is a minimum 84 hour week... most of the time is 12 hour shifts but you can be expected to work and extra few hours up to 16 depends what site you are on, I've been told that all the good sites are full for British guys.. mostly B sites left they ain't the best and it will be sharing with several other but the food is still great!!

haha i thought i would be escaping all the blue noses around here by goin to bagdad lol!! wat are the tests like uksparky? i think il brush up on my testing and inspecting not done it for a while? been re- wiring supermarkets and schools for the last couple of months! wat does the b sites mean that u mentioned??? i take it they go over everything with you and then test you on the subjects? i tried to find that fluke model that u mentioned but cant seem to see it anywhere! i take it just like any other multi meter used for testing? also wat happens when u get out there and u decide its not for you do they fly you home or are u stuck there for 4 months?
sorry bout all the questions mate

65 months ago

lol all the blue noses are there!! we thought we were trying to get away lol!! Sorry my fault it's a 1653B Model sorry about that, yeah It's defently good to get a refresh on the testing as it is what you will be doing. they go over the tests but you do need to pay attention, B site is a site which leaves a lot to the imagination. it's rougher than the K sites... but it's defently luck of the draw pure and simple. my friend got fed up after 6 weeks and they flew him home. but defently try and stay for 2 4 month trips as if you piss KBR off you will end up paying tax!!

65 months ago

UKsparky in N.I., United Kingdom said: lol all the blue noses are there!! we thought we were trying to get away lol!! Sorry my fault it's a 1653B Model sorry about that, yeah It's defently good to get a refresh on the testing as it is what you will be doing. they go over the tests but you do need to pay attention, B site is a site which leaves a lot to the imagination. it's rougher than the K sites... but it's defently luck of the draw pure and simple. my friend got fed up after 6 weeks and they flew him home. but defently try and stay for 2 4 month trips as if you piss KBR off you will end up paying tax!!

thats wat i was gonna ask u mate wats the story about the tax? i phoned the tax man and he said i have to leave the country for a year for it to be tax free?? or i would be paying 40% tax once i go over 35 grand is that right?? if you dont wanna talk about tax in this forum u can mail me at kevyboy82@googlemail.com or do we not declare it?

65 months ago

The General in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Hello everyone. My name is Mike Q. A recruiter called me the other day about 3 weeks after I filled out the KBR application online. I applied for the Crane Operator Position in Iraq. The recruiter even took the name of my co worker who was intrested in the job, and set him up with the confrence call. Well, we both are set to go to Houston on the 8th/9th of March providing all the paperwork is filled out and we are cleared to go...

thamks
Mike Q
Zredroc@aol.com

Mike are you going on the 9th?

65 months ago

I'm trying to postpone my processing....I'm having a hard time trying to justify leaving my family..... t b c

Operator Local37 in Halethrope, Maryland

65 months ago

Hey good people, I see that some of you or family members are one your way to Iraq with KBR. I have posted my resume and filled out applications for Heavy Equipment Operators 2 weeks ago. Just to help the process along as much as I can I am asking anyone who is in contact with their requiter in a similar field to drop them an email with my email address and name. This would be greatly appreciated!

Eric Johnson
Lordzhen@gmail.com
Baltimore Maryland 21227

Michael- G in Farmington, New Mexico

65 months ago

Can anybody tell me what processing in Houston is all about, what they do and what they are looking for?

65 months ago

That is an important question. Once you get off the plane what do you do from there and what date is the physical. My husband will be there on the 9th. He just spoke to his recruiter.

65 months ago

kevsatim in United Kingdom said: thats wat i was gonna ask u mate wats the story about the tax? i phoned the tax man and he said i have to leave the country for a year for it to be tax free?? or i would be paying 40% tax once i go over 35 grand is that right?? if you dont wanna talk about tax in this forum u can mail me at kevyboy82@googlemail.com or do we not declare it?

you can only be in the UK for 90 days of the Tax year from the 6th of April untill the 5th o April... they want you to fill a form in before you go but it's up to you really. You will be liable to pay National Insurance for the first year which is around £1500.

A guy from Belfast I know is going on the 8th or 15th... think there's more people from Belfast there than anywere else I know atleast 20 who went with KBR and a few who went with other companies.

65 months ago

sharonbgif in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: That is an important question. Once you get off the plane what do you do from there and what date is the physical. My husband will be there on the 9th. He just spoke to his recruiter.

Hey Sharon I have acouple of Q. I need to ask you if you don't mind, here's my email add. kiker4271@yahoo.com

65 months ago

Has anyone been told you have to obtain your own passport now? cuz I did, about a week ago I got an email from recruiter saying that I have get my own passport now and that KBR is no longer helping with it. I am to be houston on da 8th/9th but won't be able to get my passport for another 2 weeks, and thats all I need.

65 months ago

Yes Michael, you have to have your passport in hand. Last bunch to get passport in Houston was on the 22nd of feb. It is what the Iraq government wants. It all got passed into law after elections in Iraq earlier this year.

65 months ago

You can have your passport expidited. It would be so worth it not to be put back.

dtrent139 in Massachusetts

65 months ago

Hi I just got my travel package will de in Houston on Mar.8 crane operator Iraq, Can anybody tell me what to expect in Houston

65 months ago

Hello dtrent,

We are from Worcester here. My husband is going the same time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

sharonbgif in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: Hello dtrent,

We are from Worcester here. My husband is going the same time.

Hi Sharon what job is he going for and did the recruiter say where he was going ?

65 months ago

He is not sure where he is going. Trent where are you from in Mass? Are you near Worcester?

65 months ago

sharonbgif in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: He is not sure where he is going. Trent where are you from in Mass? Are you near Worcester?

Hi sharon ,no I am from the south shore in Abington,what will your husband be doing for KBR?

delgado2love in St.Petersburg, Florida

65 months ago

sharonbgif in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: That is an important question. Once you get off the plane what do you do from there and what date is the physical. My husband will be there on the 9th. He just spoke to his recruiter.

My husban wants to do this KBR thing also and i scares me the thought of lossing him i mean.

65 months ago

We were just in Sarasota last week end. I love the area you live in. It is hard when they leave but, the economy is just so bad right now and I just feel how you feel. My husband got his ticket to go and we feel blessed because he is a general contractor in Florida and there is not any building going on right now. If you can plan every four months to spend special time together that will give you something to look forward to. If he wants to get a job this is the time to do it because, I have a friend who is over there and called and said that they very likely could be cutting back because, troops are coming home. If your husband is thinking of doing this he needs to do it right away. I have met so many nice people on this site that are still waiting to get the call from the recruiter to go that are so well qualified. I guess it is just up to you and your husband. God bless you and I wish you well. If you like you can email me at sharonbgif@aol.com

delgado2love in St.Petersburg, Florida

65 months ago

sharonbgif in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: We were just in Sarasota last week end. I love the area you live in. It is hard when they leave but, the economy is just so bad right now and I just feel how you feel. My husband got his ticket to go and we feel blessed because he is a general contractor in Florida and there is not any building going on right now. If you can plan every four months to spend special time together that will give you something to look forward to. If he wants to get a job this is the time to do it because, I have a friend who is over there and called and said that they very likely could be cutting back because, troops are coming home. If your husband is thinking of doing this he needs to do it right away. I have met so many nice people on this site that are still waiting to get the call from the recruiter to go that are so well qualified. I guess it is just up to you and your husband. God bless you and I wish you well. If you like you can email me at sharonbgif@aol.com

Thank Sharon for the reply and i sent a email to your email, and your words were nice and to here. My GOD bless you and your family.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.