Going to Houston for Processing...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4551 to 4600 of 9296)
Page:  « First « Previous   89  90  91  92  93  94  95  Next »   Last »

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

monita in South Carolina said: LOL as a matter of fact I have. Just said that people amaze me how easy they think this comes.

if it is not on subject it will be deleted. Not amazing just following rules.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

alcoa in greenville, South Carolina said: i did keep my cac card hi hi

Hey walt, if you still have your CAC card during your stint wiht KBR and they were your sponsor, they will not issue you another one for fluor until that one clears the books from KBR. Just some good information if you are considering Fluor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

monita in South Carolina

57 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: if it is not on subject it will be deleted. Not amazing just following rules.

Wasn't talking about you being amazing, talking about folks that think they can just pop on one time and get a recruiters name and a job. Have a nice night and stay safe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

monita in South Carolina

57 months ago

alcoa in greenville, South Carolina said: i did keep my cac card hi hi

Hey Walter what's going on? Fluor called you? Don't think you want to do that do you? Not going to be any different than what you just left.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

monita in South Carolina said: Wasn't talking about you being amazing, talking about folks that think they can just pop on one time and get a recruiters name and a job. Have a nice night and stay safe

enjoying the 100 degree heat, some folks think it is funny that i just delete stuff just because it may not suit my terms but i am following the forum rules. My apologies if i misspoke. Thank you for the well wishes. I heard that they were goign to extend O&M for about a year, both Fluor and Dyncorp are not happy campers atm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

monita in South Carolina

57 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: enjoying the 100 degree heat, some folks think it is funny that i just delete stuff just because it may not suit my terms but i am following the forum rules. My apologies if i misspoke. Thank you for the well wishes. I heard that they were goign to extend O&M for about a year, both Fluor and Dyncorp are not happy campers atm.

No worries KS and it wouldn't surprise me any at all if they did extend it, hubby got his promotion and raise and I finally got me a job here at home so really doesn't bother me much. :) I think those 2 need to get their act together where they are before they try for another one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nashville Kat in Tennessee

57 months ago

alcoa in greenville, South Carolina said: o yea i got a call form ,Fluor to see if i can go

Walter, have you forgotten about all us ya-ya's??
could you please email me, gotta question or two for you....
Kathy
samme007 @ comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jason Looney in Groveland, Florida

57 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: Listen Jason,

If you don't think everyone doesn't know who you are, where you stay, and what you are doing in Dubai, you got your head stuck in the sand. The people there know are schedules, hotels, and flights better than we do. Hell, they could apply for a travel or logistics job with KBR and not need to be trained. I agree that OPSEC is important, but if the world already knows it is not a security issue.

Don't you think that line of thinking is precisely why the world continues to know? Just because you think everyone knows doesnt mean the info has to continously be tossed around. Just saying regardless of who we think knows what regarding schedules hotels and whatnot that we need not put it out in the open.

but thats just me, so ill continue to have my head in the sand I guess.
monita sorry I didnt see that it was almost 2 weeks old when responding to it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

monita in South Carolina

57 months ago

Jason Looney in Groveland, Florida said: Don't you think that line of thinking is precisely why the world continues to know? Just because you think everyone knows doesnt mean the info has to continously be tossed around. Just saying regardless of who we think knows what regarding schedules hotels and whatnot that we need not put it out in the open.

but thats just me, so ill continue to have my head in the sand I guess.
monita sorry I didnt see that it was almost 2 weeks old when responding to it

no problem you stay safe now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mellypryor in Fort Worth, Texas

57 months ago

jdcs wife in Southern, California said: Im missing the fun. I havent read comments in a couple days :)

How are my yaya's and yoyo's...

Birthday party coming up!!!!... Tony's girl.. do you have the 24th open? Anyone else gonna be in Cali..

Well this yaya is doing pretty good:) My DH is home this Friday, I can't wait! We are going to Playa Del Carmen....gonna soak up some sun:)

Hope all you yaya's are doing great?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tstorm in Plan

57 months ago

HI HI HI lol whats up walt? Dude Fluor in afgan aint no diff than Iraq. Still have rockets mortar attacks same risks just not as good living quarters.

Today our contract was renewed for a year woohoo best part MIL DFAC im on cloud nine. Back to my choclate cheese cakes and other goodies i have missed so badly lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Feshonna Bowman in Hinesville, Georgia

57 months ago

Hello,

I am sooo new at this, but I have a very serious question. My husband applied to KBR back in October for a Warehouseman position. He has over 20 years experience in Warehouse, Distribution, Production and Packaging, which is on his resume. He got a recruiter's number and was calling her almost everday. She kept telling him the same thing, "As soon as a position opens up, I will call you." So he kept applying, making sure his resume was submitted for each position he qualifies for. His friend, who has been working for KBR for two years, has been trying to push him through, but he keeps getting the same answer from the recruiter. Are there any other avenues he can take? I know that everyone is flocking to these jobs, but I am just wondering if someone out there can help......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

Feshonna Bowman in Hinesville, Georgia said: Hello,

I am sooo new at this, but I have a very serious question. My husband applied to KBR back in October for a Warehouseman position. He has over 20 years experience in Warehouse, Distribution, Production and Packaging, which is on his resume. He got a recruiter's number and was calling her almost everday. She kept telling him the same thing, "As soon as a position opens up, I will call you." So he kept applying, making sure his resume was submitted for each position he qualifies for. His friend, who has been working for KBR for two years, has been trying to push him through, but he keeps getting the same answer from the recruiter. Are there any other avenues he can take? I know that everyone is flocking to these jobs, but I am just wondering if someone out there can help......

As they close bases in Iraq they are moving folks from those eliminated positions to open positions. They are also transitioning Afghanistan to other contractors. They are no more by name requistions and the strength management decides who goes where. Try Fluor or Dyncorp, as for KBR yes they are still hiring but not in mass as before. I think you probably made a mistake by calling the recruiter everyday, being persistant yes but calling everyday well that was probably not a good idea. Hoping for the best. You can also try ITT and other contractor out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DLove in Houston, Texas

57 months ago

Hello to all, I was browsing KBR's site and I was wanting to find out if a position was newly posted, (medic) how soon before they began recruiting for these positions?? Also, what exactly are they looking for with nurses that are wanting to be medics? If anyone could help, or have any other contractor suggestions for medical services it would be appreciated. Thanks so much. Can also be contacted at doriann_love333@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hazel Stricklin in Bossier City, Louisiana

57 months ago

jdcs wife in Southern, California said: Im missing the fun. I havent read comments in a couple days :)

How are my yaya's and yoyo's...

Birthday party coming up!!!!... Tony's girl.. do you have the 24th open? Anyone else gonna be in Cali..

Just dropped in to see what is going on now! Hello Ya-Ya's!! Happy to see you all here!! Go get'um Monita!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hazel Stricklin in Bossier City, Louisiana

57 months ago

alcoa in greenville, South Carolina said: o yea i got a call form ,Fluor to see if i can go

Hey Walter, T-Storm and everyone. The last time I was on here it was only 4 pages long! WOW!!! O.K., contractors, stay safe!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

myfairjuliet in McKinney, Texas

57 months ago

Has anybody else heard grumblings about KBR retesting BMI in concert to determine hiring status for LOGCAP IV transition for current employee's?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida

57 months ago

myfairjuliet in McKinney, Texas said: Has anybody else heard grumblings about KBR retesting BMI in concert to determine hiring status for LOGCAP IV transition for current employee's?

Wow. Have not heard any news of myself–and I follow most of the forums.

But I suppose all things are plausible–specially if they are looking for a means to thin out staff–no pun intended. But as Ksnipper mentioned above, since they are closing down bases Iraq way–and drawing down troops-- and eliminating positions . . . And the BMI--within limits of-- is certainly something that is now considered a requirement for work over there.

I actually sent hubby a scale that has the BMI on it. Not that he is anywhere near an at risk weight–but I knew it was a issue so though he might as well get used to tracking it.

Hi Yayas! Hope life is good for all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

alcoa in greenville, South Carolina

57 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: Hey walt, if you still have your CAC card during your stint wiht KBR and they were your sponsor, they will not issue you another one for fluor until that one clears the books from KBR. Just some good information if you are considering Fluor.

Whats up Ksniper.
Now of all people you should know if you give up your CAC card when you DMODE, your screwed untill the card expires. They do this on purpose. So by keeping your card you force them to close it. It has my information on it, that was issued to me. :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

alcoa in greenville, South Carolina

57 months ago

tstorm in Plan said: HI HI HI lol whats up walt? Dude Fluor in afgan aint no diff than Iraq. Still have rockets mortar attacks same risks just not as good living quarters.

Today our contract was renewed for a year woohoo best part MIL DFAC im on cloud nine. Back to my choclate cheese cakes and other goodies i have missed so badly lol

hey t i have no intention on going back i make more money here right now and i am home but i do miss the cheese cakes ha ha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

alcoa in greenville, South Carolina

57 months ago

hey kat i wood email you to day :-) walter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

myfairjuliet in McKinney, Texas

57 months ago

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: Wow. Have not heard any news of myself–and I follow most of the forums.

But I suppose all things are plausible–specially if they are looking for a means to thin out staff–no pun intended. But as Ksnipper mentioned above, since they are closing down bases Iraq way–and drawing down troops-- and eliminating positions . . . And the BMI--within limits of-- is certainly something that is now considered a requirement for work over there.

I actually sent hubby a scale that has the BMI on it. Not that he is anywhere near an at risk weight–but I knew it was a issue so though he might as well get used to tracking it.

Hi Yayas! Hope life is good for all.

My hubby played football for 17 years as a offensive lineman - he's a real BIG guy, but not obese by any means. The 40 BMI is tough for him just because of his mass. He made weight in Houston back in October, but has been a little lax about his workouts since then - because, well, these guys work all day. So now they tell everyone they're gonna be tested again this Saturday. He's not terribly off where he should be to pass, but it was a shock just the same. I told him to lick a camel and try for some dysentery to flush the sytem real quick :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

alcoa in greenville, South Carolina

57 months ago

myfairjuliet in McKinney, Texas said: My hubby played football for 17 years as a offensive lineman - he's a real BIG guy, but not obese by any means. The 40 BMI is tough for him just because of his mass. He made weight in Houston back in October, but has been a little lax about his workouts since then - because, well, these guys work all day. So now they tell everyone they're gonna be tested again this Saturday. He's not terribly off where he should be to pass, but it was a shock just the same. I told him to lick a camel and try for some dysentery to flush the sytem real quick :)

at my fob that the to get you out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tstorm in Plan

57 months ago

ALL i will say about BMI is if you are over 40 you are morbidly obeese. I spent 23 years in the Air Force and my waist was 40 inches when i retired. my weight at the time was 219 pounds. my BMI was 31 and by military standards i was considered obeese. Anything over 40 inch waist is considerd fat in the military world. for me to attain BMI 40 or greater I would have to weigh 300 lbs.

Sorry not step on anyones feelings but if you fall in the morbid obeese catagory you qualify for gastric by pass surgery thats how overweight bmi of greater than 40 is looked at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

myfairjuliet in McKinney, Texas

57 months ago

tstorm in Plan said: ALL i will say about BMI is if you are over 40 you are morbidly obeese. I spent 23 years in the Air Force and my waist was 40 inches when i retired. my weight at the time was 219 pounds. my BMI was 31 and by military standards i was considered obeese. Anything over 40 inch waist is considerd fat in the military world. for me to attain BMI 40 or greater I would have to weigh 300 lbs.

Sorry not step on anyones feelings but if you fall in the morbid obeese catagory you qualify for gastric by pass surgery thats how overweight bmi of greater than 40 is looked at.

It doesn't work that way in all cases... if the table applied evenly to everyone, all most all out professional football players would be considered moribidly obese. My DH is 6'2" and right at 300 - no one who looks at him thinks "there's a fat guy"... most people think "wow, look at the size of his arms!". He's way more muscle than fat (though I would never say it couldn't hurt for him to lose a few) but I have seen this scale not work to the advantage of many athletes over the years. No worry - he should pass.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

myfairjuliet in McKinney, Texas

57 months ago

alcoa in greenville, South Carolina said: at my fob that the to get you out

He tells me the email went out today to all T&M employee's that they will be re-physicaled for LOGCAP IV.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob Gowen Cape Cod in Sandwich, Massachusetts

57 months ago

get my job back when i resolved my problem.He had the Camp Manager send a requisition for me,and I have applied to numerous carpenter openings that require the concrete experience that I have,with no responce.Is it because I turned in my CAC card,or am I just simply "blackballed"for demobing? I would appreciate any help.I really want my job back!Thank you.

alcoa in greenville, South Carolina said: Whats up Ksniper.
Now of all people you should know if you give up your CAC card when you DMODE, your screwed untill the card expires. They do this on purpose. So by keeping your card you force them to close it. It has my information on it, that was issued to me. :-)

Hi everyone,I just found this site and need some help!I was hired last year in Feb.as a carpenter and sent to Camp Delta.After 3 mos. I had to demobe for personal issues back home.My supervisor said I was the best worker in the shop,and would try to help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ethien in Oviedo, Florida

57 months ago

Well I got the job!
well I finally got a job after looking for 8 months. I signed up for a site I found called SlickResume.com. They upgraded my resume, and they host it online and give you your own domain. They have a 50% off special, so it's only $15 a month now, and they even guarantee if you don't have a job within 4 months, you get 4 more months free. Anyway I just figured I'd let you guys know about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jeremyjms06 in Phenix City, Alabama

57 months ago

Ethien in Oviedo, Florida said: Well I got the job!
well I finally got a job after looking for 8 months. I signed up for a site I found called SlickResume.com. They upgraded my resume, and they host it online and give you your own domain. They have a 50% off special, so it's only $15 a month now, and they even guarantee if you don't have a job within 4 months, you get 4 more months free. Anyway I just figured I'd let you guys know about it.

I read this comment about 30 seconds too late lol.... I guess while you was typing this I was sending my resume to logcap4jobs to have Bruce try and work some magic on it.... anyways congrats to you!!!

Also has anyone ever had any luck after have Bruce at logcap4jobs work on your resume??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jason Looney in Groveland, Florida

57 months ago

Feshonna Bowman in Hinesville, Georgia said: Hello,

I am sooo new at this, but I have a very serious question. My husband applied to KBR back in October for a Warehouseman position. He has over 20 years experience in Warehouse, Distribution, Production and Packaging, which is on his resume. He got a recruiter's number and was calling her almost everday. She kept telling him the same thing, "As soon as a position opens up, I will call you." So he kept applying, making sure his resume was submitted for each position he qualifies for. His friend, who has been working for KBR for two years, has been trying to push him through, but he keeps getting the same answer from the recruiter. Are there any other avenues he can take? I know that everyone is flocking to these jobs, but I am just wondering if someone out there can help......

To add to what knsiper said. Itt handles the ssa duties on most bases now, their website is ittsystems.com have him apply for supply clerk, or forklift operator/ warehouseman. Fluor/dynacorp handles the materials yards too so check them out as well

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jason Looney in Groveland, Florida

57 months ago

myfairjuliet in McKinney, Texas said: Has anybody else heard grumblings about KBR retesting BMI in concert to determine hiring status for LOGCAP IV transition for current employee's?

Whether they do it or not, they will be given a physical by fluor/dyn/itt when they go on their first R&R (if they are already in theater) its not just a kbr thing its an across the board for logcap IV thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

Jason Looney in Groveland, Florida said: Whether they do it or not, they will be given a physical by fluor/dyn/itt when they go on their first R&R (if they are already in theater) its not just a kbr thing its an across the board for logcap IV thing.

Jason, i believe they are talking about LCP 4 in IRAQ. CTP was just awarded and they will start the transition soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

monita in South Carolina

57 months ago

myfairjuliet in McKinney, Texas said: Has anybody else heard grumblings about KBR retesting BMI in concert to determine hiring status for LOGCAP IV transition for current employee's?

You mean in theater? :) And yes, there are many there who are concerned with this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

monita in South Carolina

57 months ago

alcoa in greenville, South Carolina said: hey t i have no intention on going back i make more money here right now and i am home but i do miss the cheese cakes ha ha

theres that ghost typer again. LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

monita in South Carolina

57 months ago

jeremyjms06 in Phenix City, Alabama said: I read this comment about 30 seconds too late lol.... I guess while you was typing this I was sending my resume to logcap4jobs to have Bruce try and work some magic on it.... anyways congrats to you!!!

Also has anyone ever had any luck after have Bruce at logcap4jobs work on your resume??

Got my husband his promotion after they said the one I did for him was lame. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sam Torres in Albuquerque, New Mexico

57 months ago

Ok, not sure if this where I should post this question but I have gotten no responses to original post after searching for hours. I posted this last week sometime so please forgive the wording, didn't really feel like retyping the whole thing. Thanks in advance for the info.

WABI Specific Question:

Can someone please explain the sections on the WABI and how they are all supposed to "add up?"

I was sent home today from the DPC in Houston based on the the fact that I "failed" the WABI. First I was told by the first of two recruiters that contacted me that "there is no pass or fail, they are just looking to see if you are a risk taker." So I answered the questions HONESTLY and was told I failed based on the fact that my answers "didn't add up." The section I was told I failed was the driving portion. My answers didn't match the other areas that I "scored really good in." Can someone shed some sort of light on all of this crap?! I am beyond upset at this point after putting my life on hold then to be sent home 3 days into the processing. Oh, and to add insult injury, there was one candidate who told all of us taking the WABI in Houston as he sat across the table from me that he failed it prior to coming to Houston but was brought in to the DPC anyway. Another had taken the WABI 2 times (unknown time frame) before and was now being allowed to take it again in Houston. Another instance where someone failed it, he called his recruiter, who then called someone else, and everything was "okay" it was a "computer error." Then yesterday for the beginning of medical, another candidate showed up 15 minutes late to start and was still allowed to stay.

Is there a different standard for everyone that walks through those doors? Is it who you know and not what you know?

Thanks in advance for any sort of info anyone can shed on this situation. I used the search feature ad nauseum and couldn't find the answer I was looking for so therefore my posting now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

alcoa in greenville, South Carolina

57 months ago

Nashville Kat in Tennessee said: Walter, have you forgotten about all us ya-ya's??
could you please email me, gotta question or two for you....
Kathy
samme007 @ comcast.net

you got mail walter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

alcoa in greenville, South Carolina said: Whats up Ksniper.
Now of all people you should know if you give up your CAC card when you DMODE, your screwed untill the card expires. They do this on purpose. So by keeping your card you force them to close it. It has my information on it, that was issued to me. :-)

LOL walt but if you force them to close it and they SIT ON IT FOR A YEAR. You can't get another one until they close it so you screwed out of getting another one. Military won't issue you another one until your KBR sponsored is surrendered. Just trying to help bud when you apply for Fluor and government tells you cannot get another until KBR closes that one out? LOL, yes i know they do play games with CAC cards, but still to each it's own.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

monita in South Carolina said: You mean in theater? :) And yes, there are many there who are concerned with this.

I have seen some big oh boys and girls who work for the CTP portion of the contract. If you do not meet those BMI standards you cannot keep that job. I could be talking out the side of my neck but according to the rules of LCP4 you cannot exceeed 40 percent BMI and i think Dyncorp is 39 percent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tstorm in Plan

57 months ago

myfairjuliet in McKinney, Texas said: It doesn't work that way in all cases... if the table applied evenly to everyone, all most all out professional football players would be considered moribidly obese. My DH is 6'2" and right at 300 - no one who looks at him thinks "there's a fat guy"... most people think "wow, look at the size of his arms!". He's way more muscle than fat (though I would never say it couldn't hurt for him to lose a few) but I have seen this scale not work to the advantage of many athletes over the years. No worry - he should pass.

6'2 300 lbs even equals out to 38.5 bmi. It dosent matter what he looks like trust me I DIDNT LOOK FAT and when people herd i was 31 BMI they were shocked. But that is how they do it height weight = BMI period end of story no way around it. Last year when i went thru processing in Kuwait for Dyncorp one of my co workers who was hired her BMI was 41 she was sent home. Lots of people in 2009 hired on by KBR got to houston to be sent home. ALL they care about is the bottom line and thats the final # when you punch it into any BMI calculator. As for athletes those huge linemen yes a lot are fat but a lot are alost 6'5 6'2 and have a BMI of 20. Not putting you down cutting you down just telling you how all the companies do BMI they follow strict Military guidelines, no favortisim you are either good or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

tstorm in Plan said: 6'2 300 lbs even equals out to 38.5 bmi. It dosent matter what he looks like trust me I DIDNT LOOK FAT and when people herd i was 31 BMI they were shocked. But that is how they do it height weight = BMI period end of story no way around it. Last year when i went thru processing in Kuwait for Dyncorp one of my co workers who was hired her BMI was 41 she was sent home. Lots of people in 2009 hired on by KBR got to houston to be sent home. ALL they care about is the bottom line and thats the final # when you punch it into any BMI calculator. As for athletes those huge linemen yes a lot are fat but a lot are alost 6'5 6'2 and have a BMI of 20. Not putting you down cutting you down just telling you how all the companies do BMI they follow strict Military guidelines, no favortisim you are either good or not.

I have to agree with Storm, does not matter if are body builder or like lift weights if you exceed that number you are sent home. It would be wow where did that weight lifter go???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida

57 months ago

Sam Torres in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: Ok, not sure if this where I should post this question but I have gotten no responses to original post after searching for hours. I posted this last week sometime so please forgive the wording, didn't really feel like retyping the whole thing. Thanks in advance for the info.

I have seen your question posted a few times and I am sorry--I do not think any one means to ignore you its just that yours is a complicated question to answer. Specifically with regards to what the company(s) policy are with the WABI.

What I can tell you is that in the past, they have waved the requirement of taking the WABI for certain trades, ie electricians I know for certain, and perhaps others. Generally speaking the WABI is administered at a testing center near where you live–before you leave for processing. However, if you do not have one near where you live then I believe they do arrange to administer them at the processing center.

Yes as a rule they are looking for–as in to weed out- risk takers–and want to find out if you are a team player. They do seem to try to trip you up. Asking basically the same questions over–just phrased differently–and one word off in the structure of a sentence and it can change the whole meaning, thus may require you change your answer to better suit their needs. Point is you need to have a care to read the questions very carefully.

I am familiar some what with these tests because we used them in the company I worked for for about a decade. And in truth they are not pass or fail type tests. Their intent is more so to reveal what your personality and work attitude is like. You can find somewhat example of these sort of tests online–they are personality type test and you might want to practice taking a few. Best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

G in Keyport, Washington

57 months ago

Ksniper you once told that kbr will pay your airfare to go to houston, in case you fail medical in houston, are they still going to pay your airfare back to your home state?
Thank you and good Ksniper

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

monita in South Carolina

57 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: I have seen some big oh boys and girls who work for the CTP portion of the contract. If you do not meet those BMI standards you cannot keep that job. I could be talking out the side of my neck but according to the rules of LCP4 you cannot exceeed 40 percent BMI and i think Dyncorp is 39 percent.

LOL my husbands supervisor is about 300 lbs and heis nowhere near tall enough to carry that weight and get away with it so he is one of the ones that is worried. There are a lot who probably should be

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

monita in South Carolina

57 months ago

G in Keyport, Washington said: Ksniper you once told that kbr will pay your airfare to go to houston, in case you fail medical in houston, are they still going to pay your airfare back to your home state?
Thank you and good Ksniper

yes, they will send you home from Houston.Dont thinkI have heard of anyone having to pay their own way home from there yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

monita in South Carolina

57 months ago

When did they start doing the WABI in Houston again?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

monita in South Carolina said: LOL my husbands supervisor is about 300 lbs and heis nowhere near tall enough to carry that weight and get away with it so he is one of the ones that is worried. There are a lot who probably should be

As long as he does not fall under LOGCAP 4, he should be ok but if he is then is trouble.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

G in Keyport, Washington said: Ksniper you once told that kbr will pay your airfare to go to houston, in case you fail medical in houston, are they still going to pay your airfare back to your home state?
Thank you and good Ksniper

yes sir they will return to your home state, Monita is correct sir, so start working out and try to get under that BMI limit so you won't waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

myfairjuliet in McKinney, Texas

57 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: I have to agree with Storm, does not matter if are body builder or like lift weights if you exceed that number you are sent home. It would be wow where did that weight lifter go???

Okay, that made me laugh... news as of yesterday was that someone much higher on the food chain complained about the weigh-ins and now they are either on hold or cancelled. Stay tuned...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

myfairjuliet in McKinney, Texas said: Okay, that made me laugh... news as of yesterday was that someone much higher on the food chain complained about the weigh-ins and now they are either on hold or cancelled. Stay tuned...

LOL, that is only a delay, Juliet they are going to stick to the plan because when they do there physical either in Iraq or when on R&R they must adhere to the BMI. There is no way of getting around that LOL, i heard the same story as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   89  90  91  92  93  94  95  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.