The Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Ken Battle in Atlanta, Georgia

75 months ago

I got the email, had a phone interview, sent in the information for the background check, what is the next step and how long does the process take. I will be workinng in Fuels possibly in Irag. Any comment will be appreciated, Thanks Ken

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fyre in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

Ken Battle in Atlanta, Georgia said: I got the email, had a phone interview, sent in the information for the background check, what is the next step and how long does the process take. I will be workinng in Fuels possibly in Irag. Any comment will be appreciated, Thanks Ken

Hi Ken,
Did you get any further informatin? Leaving for Houston anytime soon? I leave this Sunday 11/2 myself and live in Atlanta as well so would be nice if I knew one other person out there. Hope all is well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ken Battle in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

No I didn't get any further info, I passed the background, wabi, just finished my dental, could possibly be in Houston Nov 10 or Nov 17th, here is my e-mail krb728@aol, get in touch with me there, hope to hear from you before you leave ATL
Ken

joone in Tucson, Arizona

74 months ago

Ken Battle in Atlanta, Georgia said: No I didn't get any further info, I passed the background, wabi, just finished my dental, could possibly be in Houston Nov 10 or Nov 17th, here is my e-mail krb728@aol, get in touch with me there, hope to hear from you before you leave ATL
Ken

Ken, I'm active duty AF working in POL and considering KBR when I get out in about a year or so.... 'Was wondering who your contact is and how you found out about the opening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

enriqua venezueal in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

Well good luck to you. But I will be honest with you, no matter what your reccruiter says this is how it goes. My ex was over there and here is how you get done at first. They have you stay in Houston for 2 weeks. Then they give you $500.00 before you leave for Iraq. Depending on when they have you leave you wind up not receiving the other half of your $500 ON YOUR NEXT PAY. Now, since you are starting in Houston the same time he did, then your first paycheck will be Jan 1,2009. The check will only be for $1000.00 and your next check will be a full pay check on Feburary 1,2009.. Hopes this help but don't promise anyone especially your wife at home that you will have money to them because you will not be able to until February.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

switch in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

enriqua venezueal in Dallas, Texas said: Well good luck to you. But I will be honest with you, no matter what your reccruiter says this is how it goes. My ex was over there and here is how you get done at first. They have you stay in Houston for 2 weeks. Then they give you $500.00 before you leave for Iraq. Depending on when they have you leave you wind up not receiving the other half of your $500 ON YOUR NEXT PAY. Now, since you are starting in Houston the same time he did, then your first paycheck will be Jan 1,2009. The check will only be for $1000.00 and your next check will be a full pay check on Feburary 1,2009.. Hopes this help but don't promise anyone especially your wife at home that you will have money to them because you will not be able to until February.

I have never heard anything like that. Time goes in the last saturday of each month and your paycheck should arrive the friday after.So if someone goes to processing november 2nd and has wheels up at latest november 14th, he will get a paycheck for 16 days on december 6th. Yes it will be a small check but they will work all of december and get a full paycheck on January 2nd. Its always better to process mid month and wheels up beginning of month. I dont understand why you say they wont get money till February. Maybe your ex had a bad supervisor that did not do his time sheet?.Maybe your ex had a draw from his check? I know plenty of people over there and they havent had to wait 3 months to get their money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

switch in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

enriqua venezueal in Dallas, Texas said: Well good luck to you. But I will be honest with you, no matter what your reccruiter says this is how it goes. My ex was over there and here is how you get done at first. They have you stay in Houston for 2 weeks. Then they give you $500.00 before you leave for Iraq. Depending on when they have you leave you wind up not receiving the other half of your $500 ON YOUR NEXT PAY. Now, since you are starting in Houston the same time he did, then your first paycheck will be Jan 1,2009. The check will only be for $1000.00 and your next check will be a full pay check on Feburary 1,2009.. Hopes this help but don't promise anyone especially your wife at home that you will have money to them because you will not be able to until February.

By the way are you talking about KBR ? because they do not pay on the 1st of the month. They pay the first friday after the last saturday of the month.

Crystal01 in Maine

74 months ago

enriqua venezueal in Dallas, Texas said: They have you stay in Houston for 2 weeks. Then they give you $500.00 before you leave for Iraq. Depending on when they have you leave you wind up not receiving the other half of your $500 ON YOUR NEXT PAY.

I don't understand what this means....the other half of $500???

My husband was wheels up on the 13th of October. He was in country on base on the 16th or 17th.

I thought you had to be on base 10 days prior to the last Saturday of the month to have your hours put in. So a paycheck at the beginning of Nov. should have the pay from wheels up to that last Saturday, minus the $500 given in Houston and $500 for insurance...is that not right?

I would love any more clarification you can give. I have a house payment to make and kids to feed and am feeling a bit worried now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

crazy8s in Columbus, Ohio

68 months ago

Journe or anyone who can help,
I have held interviews with the recruiter and the DOL for a site in Iraq with KBR. They have stated that I am looking at June processing date if the position does not get canceled. I do not want to upset the recruiter by contacting them too many times, but with these times and economy I would like to know if there is a better way to find this out or if you can help. Can anyone help me with what they are looking for on the background check? Do they hold one speed ticket against you? This is the only that I have.

Thanks in advance for anyone’s response.

Dirk McDougal in Rome, Georgia

63 months ago

If your blood sugar is within normal range, do they do an A1C to see if you have diabetes?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.