Information On LOGCAP IV, Dyncorp, KBR, Fluor ect.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 147)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

info said in Fort Worth, Texas

46 months ago

This is a Forum where you can ask questions not only about possible jobs in the Middle East and Africa but also express yourself in regards to problems you have encountered, past and present, and want to share with others. Though this mainly focuses on Logcap we can cover any other contracting opportunities specializing in Iraq and Afghanistan. I would like to see discussions or questions on salaries, points of contacts, best recruiters to contact and tales from the spouses of our civilian workers supporting the OIF and OEF missions. If anyone has anything they would like to have covered, I will also provide my e-mail upon request for individual help in job placement. The first thing I believe people need to be aware of is the TCN issues and the recent CENTCOM directive in Afghanistan. It is directing companies to repatriate certain nationalities. Will this free up jobs for U.K, U.S? I don’t think so. How about the down trend on salaries OCONUS? It’s happening at an alarming rate. Base salaries (without uplifts or hazard) are going for 30-60k. This equals with the uplifts to about $75-85k. Big contract announced in Kuwait – K-BOSS. CSA is out and ITT is in, though your best bet with ITT is to work in Afghan. WPPS contract has many webs to it. It’s not just security but an array of jobs and possibilities

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jerry_Cunningham in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

info said in Fort Worth, Texas said: This is a Forum where you can ask questions not only about possible jobs in the Middle East and Africa but also express yourself in regards to problems you have encountered, past and present, and want to share with others. Though this mainly focuses on Logcap we can cover any other contracting opportunities specializing in Iraq and Afghanistan. I would like to see discussions or questions on salaries, points of contacts, best recruiters to contact and tales from the spouses of our civilian workers supporting the OIF and OEF missions. If anyone has anything they would like to have covered, I will also provide my e-mail upon request for individual help in job placement. The first thing I believe people need to be aware of is the TCN issues and the recent CENTCOM directive in Afghanistan. It is directing companies to repatriate certain nationalities. Will this free up jobs for U.K, U.S? I don’t think so. How about the down trend on salaries OCONUS? It’s happening at an alarming rate. Base salaries (without uplifts or hazard) are going for 30-60k. This equals with the uplifts to about $75-85k. Big contract announced in Kuwait – K-BOSS. CSA is out and ITT is in, though your best bet with ITT is to work in Afghan. WPPS contract has many webs to it. It’s not just security but an array of jobs and possibilities

You may be just the person I have been looking for. I need a helping hand immediately. I have applied to several Logistics positions with Dyncorp and I haven't had much success so far. I have three years of experience in Logcap working for KBR in Iraq. I am ready and willing to go to work in Afghanistan. I am currently unemployed and I need to get back over there. If you can help my situation, or if you have any questions for me, please email me. I'm standing at the door with passport in hand. Thanks for your help.

cunny45@netzero.net.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rfarris in Huntsville, Alabama

45 months ago

I got a call from a dyncorp recruiter who had 2 positions for me but he could not give me neither because, I didnt have a passport at the time so he emailed me a letter to expediete my passport in 8 days and he gave me his number to call him once I got it back. I got my passport in 10 days which I was told was the quickest I could get it back, but now I cant get in touch with the recruiter by phone nor email all I get is voice mail and no returned calls. I am highly qualified for a few positions which I have applied for online and will continue to. If anyone has any contacts of recriters or feed back it would be great I would love to get a opportunity to work overseas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rfarris in Huntsville, Alabama

45 months ago

no my recruiter was Neil

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Heike Morales in Germany

45 months ago

Jerry_Cunningham in Los Angeles, California said: You may be just the person I have been looking for. I need a helping hand immediately. I have applied to several Logistics positions with Dyncorp and I haven't had much success so far. I have three years of experience in Logcap working for KBR in Iraq. I am ready and willing to go to work in Afghanistan. I am currently unemployed and I need to get back over there. If you can help my situation, or if you have any questions for me, please email me. I'm standing at the door with passport in hand. Thanks for your help.

cunny45@netzero.net.

I'm in the same boat. I'm german citizen and just finished a contract in Kuwait in September. I'm looking since 2 month for a new job in the middle east. I have applied for EVERY company( LOGCAP OR NOT) in Afghanistan, Kuwait Iraq and so on, but noting back. I search about 10 hours a day apply for ever job I can find, even if its way under my qualifications. I contact recruiters on Linkedin but I get no replies or any useful answer.

I don't understand why are thousands of jobs posted everywhere but its still so hard to get a job. I thought as a Logistic/ Supply Manager and years of knowledge on DOD contracts I should have no problem to get a job, but it looks like if you don't know someone at that company you are nobody no matter how qualified you are.
I have worked to much and too hard on my last contract, I had no time to make "friends" to get my foot in to the door. I have emailed so many recruiter and get not even a simple" sorry I can't help you" back.

I'm so frustrated that I'm about to pay someone from my first paycheck just to get a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Heike Morales in Germany said: I'm in the same boat. I'm german citizen and just finished a contract in Kuwait in September. I'm looking since 2 month for a new job in the middle east. I have applied for EVERY company( LOGCAP OR NOT) in Afghanistan, Kuwait Iraq and so on, but noting back. I search about 10 hours a day apply for ever job I can find, even if its way under my qualifications. I contact recruiters on Linkedin but I get no replies or any useful answer.

I don't understand why are thousands of jobs posted everywhere but its still so hard to get a job. I thought as a Logistic/ Supply Manager and years of knowledge on DOD contracts I should have no problem to get a job, but it looks like if you don't know someone at that company you are nobody no matter how qualified you are.
I have worked to much and too hard on my last contract, I had no time to make "friends" to get my foot in to the door. I have emailed so many recruiter and get not even a simple" sorry I can't help you" back.

I'm so frustrated that I'm about to pay someone from my first paycheck just to get a job[/QUOTE

Are you willing to go to Afganistian?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

I just can't understand why I am having such a hard time getting back on the project with the background that I have? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I worked in Logistics? And the fact that I have friends who have come home and then gone back just adds to my confusion. So now I'm asking anyone who has anything to do with Logistics to contact me, because I have alot of questions. Also, if there are any recruiters who read this forum, maybe they can give me some inside info on what is going on? My email is cunny45@netzero.net.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ryanek9freak in Boca Raton, Florida

45 months ago

It's all about keywords on your resume man, that's what will get you noticed. A friend of mine used to be a LOGCAP recruiter, and every morning when they come in, they search new resumes with certain keywords, like Army, MOS, 63B, ASE, LOGCAP, etc. Just be creative, and if you haven't gotten any replies, re-submit your resume on their job portal so it bumps you to the top of the list.

I've been to Iraq twice in the same year by 2 different contractors, and I'm goin goin to Afganistan in a month.

Try Olgoonik (KBR sub contractor) or AECOM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

James Hull in Greenville, South Carolina

45 months ago

Heike,

I may be able to have one of my recruiters contact you.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Jerry_Cunningham in Los Angeles, California said: Hey, thanks for the advice. I have rewritten my resume and reapplied to several positions. I have also applied to AECOM. Now I'll just wait and see what happens. I appreciate the help.

Jerry,

Have you tried to contact Fluor or ITT

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Heike Morales in Germany said: OH please!!! thank you so much. I also send you an request on Linkedin.

Heike,

Please don't be offended if I don't immediately accept however, I am on several other job groups which I communicate to other candidates concerning jobs. As I mentioned on another Indeed forum we are attempting a “refined recruiting tool” by contacting personnel, specifically new candidates’, by reviewing numerous job related blogsites. We hope to have to have a better feel for potential recruits and at the same time, attempt to answer applicable questions by said recruits and debunk the falsehoods permeating throughout the various blogsites.

I noticed this forum site (and one other Forum on Indeed) which seem to be a positive and acceptable forum we can utilize. I hope we can be of a benefit to potential employees.

With that said if there are questions my staff or I can help with please feel free to pose the question

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

I will attempt to give personnel an insight into the recruitment process as best as I am able to without offending any one while hopefully providing some sage advice:

We have several categories of resumes and division(s) of recruiters assigned to screen and contact potential candidates. I will cite the example of trades personnel… these applications/CVs/resumes are the most difficult to screen and this is where we receive the most applications. A recruiter will first look at the ‘spelling” in the resume (believe it or not people who have misspelled their last names) and second; the keywords applicable to the job position i.e. licensing (if applicable) upfront in the resume, the length and recently of experience and to some extent prior military background. Earlier this week we had a mandate to fill five maintenance positions in a relatively short period. Literally, there were approx 4,500 resumes to review but yet we had a time frame of less than 24 hours and four recruiters to find 30 acceptable resumes. Out of the initial 30 we had to whittle down to 5. The five resumes chosen, after all was said and done, e.g. calling personnel, medical screening replies, passport availability etc. took approx 14 hours where we received affirmative responses. Were all 4,500 resumes in the system reviewed? No. How did we find the 30 with another 30 as back-up? Quick screening at a rapid pace. We first looked at qualifications for the position…huge! 2nd we looked for previous deployment(s)…there are times but few and far between we have the “by name reqs” it all starts with the database. Is there a proper format to the resume? Not necessarily.

I hope this gives you a brief snippet to the process

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Heike Morales in Germany said: Good luck Jerry.

Thanks Heike, I'm hoping for the best. Hopefully, I might hear something by the end of this month. Well, now that we have James on here to help, maybe we will finally succeed. I wish you luck also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

thunder in Fort Knox, Kentucky

45 months ago

James Hull in Greenville, South Carolina said: Heike,

Please don't be offended if I don't immediately accept however, I am on several other job groups which I communicate to other candidates concerning jobs. As I mentioned on another Indeed forum we are attempting a “refined recruiting tool” by contacting personnel, specifically new candidates’, by reviewing numerous job related blogsites. We hope to have to have a better feel for potential recruits and at the same time, attempt to answer applicable questions by said recruits and debunk the falsehoods permeating throughout the various blogsites.

I noticed this forum site (and one other Forum on Indeed) which seem to be a positive and acceptable forum we can utilize. I hope we can be of a benefit to potential employees.

With that said if there are questions my staff or I can help with please feel free to pose the question

Thank you

Mr. Hull, It looks like you are giving the impression you are a Fluor or ITT recuriter.I have a question for you. Can you give us some insight as to the hold up on the Army in Rock Island to clear our CAC Cards. What is the hold up? There are many who clear in just a few weeks and others waiting for several months. Maybe you could clear up some of the confusion with this matter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gregg Pryor in Dade, Florida

45 months ago

I have a little experience with the CAC process; essentially to receive what is referred to as the "next-generation CAC", all eligible personnel must be entered into DEERS. To establish a DEERS record, all personnel must undergo proper identity vetting. A next-generation CAC can only be issued once a FBI fingerprint check has been completed and approved and, a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background security check (SF-85/86) is in the process of being completed. Since the NACI process can take up to 18 months, a person may be issued a CAC before the process is completed, however, if the NACI process is completed and a person does not get "cleared," his or her CAC will then be revoked. Some exemptions for contractors are made for those holding Key Staff Positions or previously security cleared personnel. Many companies are choosing to wait out the clearance approval process; plus the signature officer (Rock Island) will not normally sign until all vetting has been fully completed. The reason why some people are “ahead of the line” is usually attributed to the retired or newly separated military personnel, Selected Reserve, DoD civilian employees and prior eligible contractor personnel who are already entered into DEERS. Bottom line…you will only receive a CAC if your DEERS account is vetted AND you have all required documentation and information processed through the contractor’s personnel security office. It’s not like the old days where companies hired a contractor to manufacture cards and there was no oversight to the CAC process i.e. foreign nationals being issued cards, failure to retrieve cards etc. A major contractor was fined several years ago for not following the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12/HSPD-12 and now there are strict controls in place. Hope it sheds a little light into the hold-ups

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

JAYME78 in New York said: Hello everyone,

I sent in my fingerprint cards to KBR two weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone knows what is the waiting time for fingerprints being done and also when I should receive SF85 Form and any other information would be very helpful.

Thank you all

I'm a little suprised they didn't send you the SF 85 along with the fingerprintcards. Did they mail you the cards with an instruction form? Who did your cards, a local Police Office? Normally, prints are processed and cleared (no record on file) within 30 days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

JAYME78 in New York

45 months ago

Gregg Pryor in Dade, Florida said: I'm a little suprised they didn't send you the SF 85 along with the fingerprintcards. Did they mail you the cards with an instruction form? Who did your cards, a local Police Office? Normally, prints are processed and cleared (no record on file) within 30 days.

No they didnt mail me the cards,I actually went to Police station and got two fingerprint cards and sent it to KBR.My recruiter also told me that I should receive SF85 form and do it electronically but didnt say anything when I should get it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Mr. Pryor, Thank - you for your response to my question. I am a former LOGCAP employee from 07 thru 10. When did this new CAC card format start and do they have the old CAC card information in Rock Island? I had all of my paperwork sent to O.P.M. in June and then on to Rock Island in August if I was given the correct information. Being a former CAC card holder I would think they would be able to review the past info . I hold a Class "A" C.D.L. with HAZ-MAT endorsements and also a TWIC card which all of the cards go through the same screening as the CAC cards I think , or some close form as the CAC card.I am just looking for a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel as to clearing this and being able to return to work . Thank - you for all of your advice to me and the others on this form in our quest of future employment overseas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

JAYME78 in New York said: No they didnt mail me the cards,I actually went to Police station and got two fingerprint cards and sent it to KBR.My recruiter also told me that I should receive SF85 form and do it electronically but didnt say anything when I should get it.

check for an email in your spam or trash folder

45 months ago

thunder in Fort Knox, Kentucky said: check for an email in your spam or trash folder

i am going to work for fluor and the sf85p came from their securty company so i am not sure who kbr uses but you shold have gotten it along with the finger print cards or so after. have you done your medical yet?

JAYME78 in New York

45 months ago

thunder in Fort Knox, Kentucky said: i am going to work for fluor and the sf85p came from their securty company so i am not sure who kbr uses but you shold have gotten it along with the finger print cards or so after. have you done your medical yet?

My recruiter told me that they used to do it like that(fingerprint cards along with SF85 form)but now they do SF85 electronically.I did all my other paperworks like background check,dental...Also they didnt sent me fingerprint cards,I actually got the cards at Police station and took my fingerprints and sent them...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

thunder in Fort Knox, Kentucky said: Mr. Pryor, Thank - you for your response to my question. I am a former LOGCAP employee from 07 thru 10. When did this new CAC card format start and do they have the old CAC card information in Rock Island? I had all of my paperwork sent to O.P.M. in June and then on to Rock Island in August if I was given the correct information. Being a former CAC card holder I would think they would be able to review the past info . I hold a Class "A" C.D.L. with HAZ-MAT endorsements and also a TWIC card which all of the cards go through the same screening as the CAC cards I think , or some close form as the CAC card.I am just looking for a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel as to clearing this and being able to return to work . Thank - you for all of your advice to me and the others on this form in our quest of future employment overseas

I must admit, I am not as familiar with the DoD Contacting process as much as I am with DoS. I work over at the Kabul Compound in Afghanistan and we rely on ISAF cards to get into most DoD Facilities. We were just recently issued CACs, thus my familiarity with some of the process. I showed your question to our personnel security officer and from what you wrote, in his words: you should be golden"; I can only guess there is a backlog of applications but he stated you shouldn’t worry as you are already entered into DEERS and sounds like you’ve been vetted. The process, in writing, has been in place since 2006 however from what I've been told was only being enforced on all new DoD contracts beginning in the 2009 period, specifically the large LC IV contracts. Let me ask around for you and I'll get back with a better response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

JAYME78 in New York said: No they didnt mail me the cards,I actually went to Police station and got two fingerprint cards and sent it to KBR.My recruiter also told me that I should receive SF85 form and do it electronically but didnt say anything when I should get it.

I asked our personnel security officer and without knowing everything like e-mail communications...the company should always send you the cards. He's seeing some red flags but its possible KBR asks the candidate to acquire cards on their own. If you can provide any more information on how you were contacted and what instructions you were given we might be able to run down an answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

JAYME78 in New York said: My recruiter told me that they used to do it like that(fingerprint cards along with SF85 form)but now they do SF85 electronically.I did all my other paperworks like background check,dental...Also they didnt sent me fingerprint cards,I actually got the cards at Police station and took my fingerprints and sent them...

I missed your answer...well it sounds legit but normally the cards and EQIP go hand in hand. Are you going for a security clearance or Public Trust certification?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JAYME78 in New York

45 months ago

Gregg Pryor in Dade, Florida said: I missed your answer...well it sounds legit but normally the cards and EQIP go hand in hand. Are you going for a security clearance or Public Trust certification?

I am really not sure,I used to work for Logcap III and the process was much easier than now with Logcap IV.With Logcap III I wasnt required to send in my fingerprints...I also have same recruiter from the last time.

Dlst10 in New York

45 months ago

Tryin to get to houston too. My fingerprint cards arrived via fed ex with instructions. My 85P was with the email recruiter sent along with like a half dozen other files/forms. Plus 1 vote for calling recruiter and asking them to email you the pack again after double checking your spam/old mail/recently deleted folders. Hope everything works out!

45 months ago

JAYME78 in New York said: I am really not sure,I used to work for Logcap III and the process was much easier than now with Logcap IV.With Logcap III I wasnt required to send in my fingerprints...I also have same recruiter from the last time.

Jayme,

It is mandatory that a prospective canidate submits a copy of their fingerprints via the FD-258 (FBI applicant fingerprint cards)or SF-87 Fingerprint Cards THEY are accompanied with a completed and current SF-85 (or 86), Questionnaire for Non-sensitive Positions (Moderate or Public Trust). Contactors will be provided an instruction package through their respective contracting security officer. If these procedures have not been followed a revocation or investigation into the recruiter’s practices of violating NISP may be appropriate. So you might want to call your recruiter and advise him/her they have violated a Federal Law. This will at least keep you in the pipeline.

JAYME78 in New York

45 months ago

Dlst10 in New York said: Tryin to get to houston too. My fingerprint cards arrived via fed ex with instructions. My 85P was with the email recruiter sent along with like a half dozen other files/forms. Plus 1 vote for calling recruiter and asking them to email you the pack again after double checking your spam/old mail/recently deleted folders. Hope everything works out!

I got all of those forms also,but the thing is that my recruiter told me NOT to mail in with fingerprint cards or email my SF85 and that I have to do my SF85 Form electronically,so right now I am just waiting for them to send me a link to complete my SF85 electronically.I just hope everything works out and thanks for help to everyone.

reddog1959 in Texas

45 months ago

Just a heads up for those living in the Dallas Texas Area. DynCorp International is having a job fair on Nov 15th near DFW Link below

msn.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?job_did=J3H02K6B5ZRLJYQD7M0

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah Mills in Fort Worth, Texas

45 months ago

Good (late) afternoon all:

We have been made aware of several recruitment scams and I was given permission to let as many people know on selected forums e.g jobvent, Indeed etc. We thought it would be prudent to advise any and all prospective employees of these scams. We have also listed the scam alert our respective websites. In essence we have been notified of fraudulent employment offers being made, via email and otherwise, to prospective candidates. These fraudulent offers instruct prospective candidates to provide detailed passport and security clearance information, and/or to pay application and processing fees. These are fraudulent communications. Neither reputable company requires any payment or fees from prospective candidates. We strongly advise you do not provide any personal / financial information whatsoever, or make any payments requested by any email or other communication requesting such data to secure employment with any DOD Defense Contractor i.e. Fluor/DynCorp/ITT/KBR or any of their subsidiaries. If you receive such a message, you are advised to contact your local law enforcement agency and provide any details you may have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

James Hull in Greenville, South Carolina said: I will attempt to give personnel an insight into the recruitment process as best as I am able to without offending any one while hopefully providing some sage advice:

We have several categories of resumes and division(s) of recruiters assigned to screen and contact potential candidates. I will cite the example of trades personnel… these applications/CVs/resumes are the most difficult to screen and this is where we receive the most applications. A recruiter will first look at the ‘spelling” in the resume (believe it or not people who have misspelled their last names) and second; the keywords applicable to the job position i.e. licensing (if applicable) upfront in the resume, the length and recently of experience and to some extent prior military background. Earlier this week we had a mandate to fill five maintenance positions in a relatively short period. Literally, there were approx 4,500 resumes to review but yet we had a time frame of less than 24 hours and four recruiters to find 30 acceptable resumes. Out of the initial 30 we had to whittle down to 5. The five resumes chosen, after all was said and done, e.g. calling personnel, medical screening replies, passport availability etc. took approx 14 hours where we received affirmative responses. Were all 4,500 resumes in the system reviewed? No. How did we find the 30 with another 30 as back-up? Quick screening at a rapid pace. We first looked at qualifications for the position…huge! 2nd we looked for previous deployment(s)…there are times but few and far between we have the “by name reqs” it all starts with the database. Is there a proper format to the resume? Not necessarily.

I hope this gives you a brief snippet to the process

Thank you

This is some excellent information. Hopefully, the fact that I am retired military with 20+ years experience in Logistics and three deployments to Logcap III in Iraq will be a plus for me.

Govany Perony in Houston, Texas

45 months ago

Jerry_Cunningham in Los Angeles, California said: This is some excellent information. Hopefully, the fact that I am retired military with 20+ years experience in Logistics and three deployments to Logcap III in Iraq will be a plus for me.

I would like also to get in anywhere abroad. Have worked as
a Civilian Contractor 3 years in Afghanistan and 1 year in Iraq. All worked as MWR Coordinator. Any position. My CAC card even thou I have turned in, has not expired yet. Company I worked for was KBR.
I am a good worker and a fast learner.
Any info please to
gperony@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

I posted this on another forum FYI; I preach the five-second test to our recruiters: A well-written and well-designed resume/CV helps the recruiter rapidly discern if you have the necessary qualifications for a current search. Subsequent conversations will determine a candidates’ true fit: Even if you appear to be a perfect match, no one will hire you from your resume/CV alone. That document is just a taste of what you have to offer, and it's the recruiter's job to conduct a thorough interview that goes beyond what's on your resume/CV. The reaction a candidate wants when he/she walks through the door is, 'I read your resume and I have been looking forward to meeting you.' This reaction won't happen with a poorly written resume. A great resume definitely makes a difference. And as I previously stated, you can knock yourself out of contention simply by making careless errors; accuracy counts… it is unforgivable to send out a CV containing grammatical/spelling errors. I also need to mention there are several websites for resume services specializing in LOGCAP or Government Contracts. Do not entertain these “scams” as you are wasting your money.

Thank you

45 months ago

Maybe some good news for some but we are advertising a Job Fair on Thursday Nov 18, at Crystal City, VA at the DoubleTree Crystal City featuring cleared facilities employers such as Fluor, ITT, General Dynamics-IT, Lockheed Martin, Everest Technology Solutions, Global Linguist Solutions, CACI, L-3 Communications, URS, USIS, AT&T Government Solutions, Deloitte and many more. We'll be offering one-on-one resume reviews and career seminars how to work a job fair, negotiating the job offer and demonstrating your value proposition. Parking in Crystal City is always a challenge so we encourage you to ride metro. A dedicated shuttle running from the DoubleTree Hotel with pickup on the hour, :15, :30 and :45 after, from the Pentagon City metro station will be provided. Pickup will be on the mall side of the intersection of S. Hayes St and 12th St S. Candidates with a clearance need to announce their intentions to attend beforehand.

Mixer Mike 2 in Tallil, Iraq

45 months ago

I miss Iraq...if anyone can get me info on another contract job, I can drive trucks and do other stuff your average LN cannot do.

Mixer Mike 2 in Tallil, Iraq

45 months ago

<-----------Heavy Truck Driver waiting for an opening...any info will be greatly appreciated!
paughms1@hotmail.com

45 months ago

Mixer Mike 2 in Tallil, Iraq said: <-----------Heavy Truck Driver waiting for an opening...any info will be greatly appreciated!
paughms1@hotmail.com

Dude, are you still in Iraq? If not, are you wanting to go to Afghan?

ronald

45 months ago

if anyone has any info on a general labor position in iraq kuwait Afghanistan it would be apprehated email rfarris100@yahoo .com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

monita in South Carolina

45 months ago

Mixer Mike 2 in Tallil, Iraq said: I miss Iraq...if anyone can get me info on another contract job, I can drive trucks and do other stuff your average LN cannot do.

Hey what happened Mike? You get sent home in the PAR? My husband did also. Good luck friend

Govany Perony in Houston, Texas

45 months ago

Sarah Mills in Fort Worth, Texas said: Maybe some good news for some but we are advertising a Job Fair on Thursday Nov 18, at Crystal City, VA at the DoubleTree Crystal City featuring cleared facilities employers such as Fluor, ITT, General Dynamics-IT, Lockheed Martin, Everest Technology Solutions, Global Linguist Solutions, CACI, L-3 Communications, URS, USIS, AT&T Government Solutions, Deloitte and many more. We'll be offering one-on-one resume reviews and career seminars how to work a job fair, negotiating the job offer and demonstrating your value proposition. Parking in Crystal City is always a challenge so we encourage you to ride metro. A dedicated shuttle running from the DoubleTree Hotel with pickup on the hour, :15, :30 and :45 after, from the Pentagon City metro station will be provided. Pickup will be on the mall side of the intersection of S. Hayes St and 12th St S. Candidates with a clearance need to announce their intentions to attend beforehand.

Thanks for the info. For those that can't make it there, can you provide an email to send our Resumes in. THANKS.

45 months ago

Hi Sarah, I have a question for you: I was informed that I received a phone call from a recruiter for Dyncorp on Wednesday. I was attending a job fair at the time and was not at home to take the call. The recruiter left her phone number, and I have been calling and leaving messages, but so far she has not called back. Does this mean that I have lost that opportunity? Your advice would be greatly appreciated. My email is cunny45@netzero.net.

45 months ago

Jerry_Cunningham in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Sarah, I have a question for you: I was informed that I received a phone call from a recruiter for Dyncorp on Wednesday. I was attending a job fair at the time and was not at home to take the call. The recruiter left her phone number, and I have been calling and leaving messages, but so far she has not called back. Does this mean that I have lost that opportunity? Your advice would be greatly appreciated. My email is cunny45@netzero.net.

No Sir, A recruiter works on the basis of averages and if your resume reflected at least 75 or 80 percent of the qualifications for the position, this raised a "green flag" in the positive nature. They will indeed call you back. I am sure the recruiter may be overwhelmed at the moment and remember yesterday was a holiday. I would rest assure you will be contacted.

Sarah

45 months ago

Sarah Mills in Fort Worth, Texas said: No Sir, A recruiter works on the basis of averages and if your resume reflected at least 75 or 80 percent of the qualifications for the position, this raised a "green flag" in the positive nature. They will indeed call you back. I am sure the recruiter may be overwhelmed at the moment and remember yesterday was a holiday. I would rest assure you will be contacted.

Sarah

Thank you, Sarah. I appreciate the help.

sfcslb in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

Sarah Mills in Fort Worth, Texas said: Hello all; I want to formally introduce myself as a recruiter and Certified Career Management Coach for a major contracting firm. My expertise includes resume writing and career coaching and I hold membership in the National Resume Writer's Association. As a headhunter, my advice comes from an insider's prospective based on years working with HR professionals and corporate hiring managers. As I stated, I currently work for a major contracting firm and we are continuously looking for new talent from all walks of experience and are trying to contact candidates through the social networks. With competition for good jobs at an all-time high, recruiters can't afford to cut corners in our approaches to find candidates. If you have questions concerning job advice, I will try to help.

Sarah

Hello Sarah! As a headhunter, do you accept resumes directly? I have 20+ years military logistics experience, hold both a valid secret security clearance and US passport, and have a previous deployment to Iraq. I have applied to AECOM, KBR, Halliburton, ITT, ManTech....
I'm looking for relevant, genuine advice. Thank you, and all others who post on this forum, for your information!

Stephen W. Daugherty in Victoria, Texas

45 months ago

Don't know where to start so if this is not the place then I would appreciate some direction. I am interested in finding employment in the logcap arena. I am 41 years old with no wife or children. I have been a wilderness hunting/fishing guide in Colorado, a construction worker, a self employed contractor, a painter and painters helper and have worked in various service type industries. I have spent much of my working life in the equine industry in every capacity from apprentice to professional rider/trainer/instructor. Most recently I have worked for BJ services driving truck on a cement crew near Odessa Tx. where I attained my cdl with a hazmat, doubles, triples and tanker ratings. I resigned from BJ (the option to return anytime extended) in order to attend Schreiner University in Kerrville Tx. where I will be graduating in December with a bachelors of Science degree in Biochemistry. I would like to find work and I would not be honest if I didn't say that the overseas jobs were attractive for financial reasons, but I also think that this would be a good fit for me. All help would be appreciated.

Stephen W. Daugherty in Victoria, Texas

45 months ago

Sarah Mills in Fort Worth, Texas said: Hello all; I want to formally introduce myself as a recruiter and Certified Career Management Coach for a major contracting firm. My expertise includes resume writing and career coaching and I hold membership in the National Resume Writer's Association. As a headhunter, my advice comes from an insider's prospective based on years working with HR professionals and corporate hiring managers. As I stated, I currently work for a major contracting firm and we are continuously looking for new talent from all walks of experience and are trying to contact candidates through the social networks. With competition for good jobs at an all-time high, recruiters can't afford to cut corners in our approaches to find candidates. If you have questions concerning job advice, I will try to help.

Sarah

Don't know where to start so if this is not the place then I would appreciate some direction. I am interested in finding employment in the logcap arena. I am 41 years old with no wife or children. I have been a wilderness hunting/fishing guide in Colorado, a construction worker, a self employed contractor, a painter and painters helper and have worked in various service type industries. I have spent much of my working life in the equine industry in every capacity from apprentice to professional rider/trainer/instructor. Most recently I have worked for BJ services driving truck on a cement crew near Odessa Tx. where I attained my cdl with a hazmat, doubles, triples and tanker ratings. I resigned from BJ (the option to return anytime extended) in order to attend Schreiner University in Kerrville Tx. where I will be graduating in December with a bachelors of Science degree in Biochemistry. I would like to find work and I would not be honest if I didn't say that the overseas jobs were attractive for financial reasons, but I also think that this would be a good fit for me. All help would be appreciated.

valkeryie in Cypress, Texas

45 months ago

I have been with KBR/iraq for 6yrs and with things winding down.I put my resume in and was conatct by Manttech thinking about accepting does anyone have any information on them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Heike Morales in Germany said: TAKE IT!!!! very good company.

I'd have to agree...KBR is winding down and we are planning another RIF here in Dec/Jan...look out for yourself

44 months ago

info said in Fort Worth, Texas said: Sounds good but I'm currently at HEM; I should be coming back through on Sunday and then up to Eggers back to Baghdad

Hey Donald...I've got a layover at the terminal...come on over if you can; I'll know who you are when you get here, I've only got an hour or two...

Operator Local37 in Halethrope, Maryland

44 months ago

I have heard many different things so I want to get this right. You can take laptops to B-sites just not cameras and cell phones. I have also heard that you must have a U.S passport (which I have).

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.