Is KBR going to start pulling out in Aug.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Hmartin in North Little Rock, Arkansas

45 months ago

My husband is in Iraq working and I'm just wondering if KBR is going pull most of their American men/women out of Iraq by Aug.? Or could it be longer than that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SM Wife in Camden, West Virginia

45 months ago

Hello Dear,

I answered some of your question on a previous post:

"I hope people are really not getting their hope up to much...my husband work at HQ and they've been told that yes, the rumors are true; KBR BLS is on a glide path for departure from Iraq o/a 13 Dec 11. With that being said, a lot of the regions are preparing inventories for transfer of white assets to the USG and collapsing operations...the people being hired have at best a Aug or Dec date for finishing the contract. People might want to think about just saving whatever money they accumulate and not worry about buying any luxuries. As Knspier said things are not as they used to be. I left this summer (left the husband behind) and Iraqi Law was full in effect. As for an asthma condition, normally it is a disqualifier so be careful when you go through medical.."

Now with that said, I'm sure they will keep people around until the final bell rings, expected to be in Dec..Of course anything can change but that was the latest word I was given...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hmartin in North Little Rock, Arkansas

45 months ago

well I was wondering because I'm ready for my husband to come! I can hold out til Dec. but hopefully Aug. Because our 1yr. date is March for tax purposes but I'm ready now! But I know they have been telling him Aug. and Dec. as well but then he said he heard maybe til 2012 but I was wondering if anyone else heard anything else. But thanks for the info and if you hear anything else just pass it along because I'm so ready for this to be over with!!

powershot in Houston, Texas

43 months ago

haha you sound just like my girlfriend...my guess is that he hasnt been in long enough for you to see a full paycheck...it also sounds like i probably processed through houston with your husband because my pay date is march as well.

anyway in july and august. they are going to shut down postal so if you need to send him some care packages now would be the time to do it. reason being is in august they are shutting down the difac, and the living huts. so its tents and mre's. in late august they are going to start looking at the most qualified people and they will stay. others will be transferred or fired.

but as one with very reputable sources i can tell you, that everything will take place before december. all the cuts and stuff will already be done. the only people that will be here will be like a small group of maybe 200-300 people just to shut the base down.

not to mention alot of folk will quit once we go to tents with no difacs.

Lorne D in Greenville, South Carolina

43 months ago

powershot in Houston, Texas said: haha you sound just like my girlfriend...my guess is that he hasnt been in long enough for you to see a full paycheck...it also sounds like i probably processed through houston with your husband because my pay date is march as well.

anyway in july and august. they are going to shut down postal so if you need to send him some care packages now would be the time to do it. reason being is in august they are shutting down the difac, and the living huts. so its tents and mre's. in late august they are going to start looking at the most qualified people and they will stay. others will be transferred or fired.

but as one with very reputable sources i can tell you, that everything will take place before december. all the cuts and stuff will already be done. the only people that will be here will be like a small group of maybe 200-300 people just to shut the base down.

not to mention alot of folk will quit once we go to tents with no difacs.

Pretty bleak picture you sound like my recruiter...lol. But it is what it is. I hope to get about 56k out of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

warrenahmed7@yahoo.com in Spanaway, Washington

42 months ago

Im getting ready to go to iraq to work for KBR, I have a few questions. First I see that the contract/and/or that Logcap III is ending and IV is beginning so does that mean the contract will continue? What is the living conditions I see I may have to eat MRI and sleeping in tents is this true? After Logcap III is finished.

42 months ago

Also can anyone tell me what to pack?

Hmartin in Little Rock, Arkansas

42 months ago

My husband said what is your job title and he can tell you what to pack...

42 months ago

My job title is a labor forman? does he know about the contract will it be over in Dec and thats it?

warrenahmed in Spanaway, Washington

42 months ago

I was trying for a Electrical job but i got in as a Labor Forman times are hard in the the States so i took what ever i could. Really worried about the contract ending before i get my year in and haveing to sleep in tents and eat MRI like the other comments said?

warrenahmed in Spanaway, Washington

42 months ago

Hmartin in Little Rock, Arkansas said: My husband said what is your job title and he can tell you what to pack...

my job title will be a labor forman im also a eletricain

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.