KBR PLUMBING JOBS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 96)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

BigK 304 in Bloomingdale, Illinois

85 months ago

I am looking for input on salaries and working conditions for Plumbers working for KBR IN Iraq?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (188) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Cam A in Khost, Afghanistan

85 months ago

The saleries are going up, currently a plumber is making approx. $1700 tax free a week. But as of Oct. 1st if you have a plumbers license you will be making quite a bit more. Living conditions in most of Iraq are quite good while living conditions in Afghanistan are much worse. Whearever you're at Iraq or Afghanistan you'll likely receive incoming rockets or moarters, they take time to get use to. One peice of advice KBR is not for everybody. Whatever you do never accept a job as a plumbing foreman or supervisor. You're life will be hell, KBR will give you the beating of a life-time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (190) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

BigK 304 in Bloomingdale, Illinois

85 months ago

How does KBR make your life hell? too much management? Also do you think it to much for a guy in his fifties?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (77) / No (36) Reply - Report abuse

gary nielsen in Albuquerque, New Mexico

84 months ago

Cam A in Khost, Afghanistan said: The saleries are going up, currently a plumber is making approx. $1700 tax free a week. But as of Oct. 1st if you have a plumbers license you will be making quite a bit more. Living conditions in most of Iraq are quite good while living conditions in Afghanistan are much worse. Whearever you're at Iraq or Afghanistan you'll likely receive incoming rockets or moarters, they take time to get use to. One peice of advice KBR is not for everybody. Whatever you do never accept a job as a plumbing foreman or supervisor. You're life will be hell, KBR will give you the beating of a life-time.

I am interested in working either in iraq or afghanistan : I am a journeyman Plumber / Pipefitter ( Union ) and would like to know here to begin in finding employment in either location ?, I often work as a foreman / supervisor / Crew lead here , tell me why would that not be advisable there ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (107) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas

84 months ago

gary nielsen in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: I am interested in working either in iraq or afghanistan : I am a journeyman Plumber / Pipefitter ( Union ) and would like to know here to begin in finding employment in either location ?, I often work as a foreman / supervisor / Crew lead here , tell me why would that not be advisable there ?

My husband is a Master Plumber working in Iraq now for 15 months. He told me he would never accept a supervisor or foreman job. Their are too many "plumber" with no skills, don't speak English and no tools or materials to do the proper work. If the plumbing work doesn't get done the Camp Manager doesn't listen to the reasons, just get it done. Hey this is a war zone, can't run to the plumbing supply house and get what you need. Basically as a supervisor or forman you will spend alot of your work time getting your back side reamed. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Cam A in Khost, Afghanistan

84 months ago

You don't want to be a foreman because KBR "USED" to hire a bunch of idiots who just because they can glue a peice of pipe together they are considered a plumber. When they do poor work you and only you will be the one to blame. It's NOT work the extra money. If a foreign national does not perform well and you continually have problems with your employees KBR can fire you, and the worker will keep his job. This will happen if your shop get's written up for poor workmanship, you'll get very fimilar with phrases like "CMIP and CAR". On a brighter note KBR is starting to hire a lot of new qualified americans but there are plenty of Foreign Nationals still here, and they don't wan't to leave anytime soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas

84 months ago

My husband is in country now and has a Master Plumbing License. The new plumbing foreman is from Bosnia and has no license. That is the KBR way. What you stated is so true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

gary nielsen in Albuquerque, New Mexico

84 months ago

Cam A in Khost, Afghanistan said: The saleries are going up, currently a plumber is making approx. $1700 tax free a week. But as of Oct. 1st if you have a plumbers license you will be making quite a bit more. Living conditions in most of Iraq are quite good while living conditions in Afghanistan are much worse. Whearever you're at Iraq or Afghanistan you'll likely receive incoming rockets or moarters, they take time to get use to. One peice of advice KBR is not for everybody. Whatever you do never accept a job as a plumbing foreman or supervisor. You're life will be hell, KBR will give you the beating of a life-time.

Im a licenced plumber and gasfitter and pipefitter also journeyman carpenter and equipment operator and welder how do i get hired on to kbr for iraq or afghanistan ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

gary nielsen in Albuquerque, New Mexico

84 months ago

where do i go or whom do i call to get interview for plumbing position in afghanistan or iraq ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas

84 months ago

The base pay for a plumber is $2583.00 with 75% uplifts. On and average month your take home pay would be around $5,700.00. My husband is in Iraq and they have been told that plumbers are not getting the raise only electricians.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas

84 months ago

Go to KBR.com or dangerzone.com and post your resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

millied in Raleigh, North Carolina

84 months ago

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas said: Go to KBR.com or dangerzone.com and post your resume.

how will they alter the money durning r&r

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas

84 months ago

During R&R you receive only 8 hours per day while in Baghdad with uplifts, if you have not already done your 40 hours of uplifts for week.

Then you receive 8 hours per day while in Dubai with only 5% uplift, if you have not already done your 40 hours of uplifts for week.

After flying out of Dubai you will receive an additional 40 hours pay with no uplifts until to fly back to Dubai. Then the above begin again until you return to your camp and start your 12 hour shifts again.

You will also have to pay for your airfare and sometimes it takes 2 paydays in order to get $850.00 of the approx. $1500.00 cost of the ticket back to the U.S.

And if you are not back at your camp before the last Saturday of the month your check will be for only the days prior to your R&R. The rest of the R&R pay and airfare will follow up on the next payday.

I hope that explains how the payroll is messed up during R&R.

Debbie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

millied in Raleigh, North Carolina

84 months ago

thank you, it is new to me. My husband leaves Monday or the next day for camp Sharana in Afghanistan. I hope he gets to a better camp not that I really know much about this one except that KBR has not been there long. I am a rookie in all this. My husbad is starting out in food service. That is not what was on his resume but he felt it is a door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas

84 months ago

My husband has been in Iraq for 15 months so I feel that I can share some of our experiences to help you rookies make the adjustment. And also to help avoid some of the pitfalls we encountered. Wish you and your husband luck on these adventure.

Debbie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sprplmbr in Colorado Springs, Colorado

84 months ago

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas said: The base pay for a plumber is $2583.00 with 75% uplifts. On and average month your take home pay would be around $5,700.00. My husband is in Iraq and they have been told that plumbers are not getting the raise only electricians.

hey Debbie, is that after SS and medicare, and insurance?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas

84 months ago

Yes that would be after SS and medi.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Austen from Texas in South Africa

84 months ago

Hello All

I am a Master Plumber from Texas who worked for KBR for 2 years. I accepted a new job from a different contractor here in Iraq, and have been with them since August.
I will give you the real scoop on KBR as far as the work atmosphere, and pay.

KBR is the worst contractor one could ever work for. The caliber of employees they hire is pathetic. It seems they've recruited every worthless person they can get their hands on. You'll notice when you arrive that alot of people shouldnt be there since they possess no skill whatsoever. Your trades department lack qualified help. They outsource they're labor from Bonsnia, Kosovo, Macedonia etc...... None of them have ever been exposed to the plumbing trade, so you are forced to be sympathetic to them and "teach" them on the job. Anywho, all those individual are worthless pieces of cow dung. You'll see.
On the other hand, KBR is the best company to hire on with for your first deployment as an overseas contractor. The reason being is when you get in county, you can start to network, and apply with other companies while you're here. Use them as a stepping stone to enhance your potential earnings. They are the lowest paid contractors out here. I recommend all to do a 4 to 6 month stint with KBR, and then you'll appreciate how much better the other corporatons treat their employees. There is no loyalty here. Most everyone is here to make the almighty dollar, so i advise you to keep your resume current, and apply daily to other companies when you see a vacancy. As soon as LOGCAP IV kicks off, you'll see everyone try to leave KBR, and go with Fluor, and Dyncorp.
Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

switch in Austin, Texas

84 months ago

Austen from Texas in South Africa said: Hello All

I am a Master Plumber from Texas who worked for KBR for 2 years. I accepted a new job from a different contractor here in Iraq, and have been with them since August.
I will give you the real scoop on KBR as far as the work atmosphere, and pay.

KBR is the worst contractor one could ever work for. The caliber of employees they hire is pathetic. It seems they've recruited every worthless person they can get their hands on. You'll notice when you arrive that alot of people shouldnt be there since they possess no skill whatsoever. Your trades department lack qualified help. They outsource they're labor from Bonsnia, Kosovo, Macedonia etc...... None of them have ever been exposed to the plumbing trade, so you are forced to be sympathetic to them and "teach" them on the job. Anywho, all those individual are worthless pieces of cow dung. You'll see.
On the other hand, KBR is the best company to hire on with for your first deployment as an overseas contractor. The reason being is when you get in county, you can start to network, and apply with other companies while you're here. Use them as a stepping stone to enhance your potential earnings. They are the lowest paid contractors out here. I recommend all to do a 4 to 6 month stint with KBR, and then you'll appreciate how much better the other corporatons treat their employees. There is no loyalty here. Most everyone is here to make the almighty dollar, so i advise you to keep your resume current, and apply daily to other companies when you see a vacancy. As soon as LOGCAP IV kicks off, you'll see everyone try to leave KBR, and go with Fluor, and Dyncorp.
Good luck

Are you still in Iraq and can we ask who your contractor is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

millied in Raleigh, North Carolina

84 months ago

Do you think that As soon as LOGCAP IV kicks off, you'll see lower pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Austen from Texas in South Africa

84 months ago

millied in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Do you think that As soon as LOGCAP IV kicks off, you'll see lower pay?

Fluor is a known for taking care of their employees. you could expect an easy 6 figure salary working for them. If i had to guess it would be in the 120-140K range for a non supervisor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

switch in Austin, Texas

84 months ago

Austen from Texas in South Africa said: Fluor is a known for taking care of their employees. you could expect an easy 6 figure salary working for them. If i had to guess it would be in the 120-140K range for a non supervisor.

Fluor is not hiring for Iraq is it? Do you mean working in the States?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ms Sparky in Portland, Oregon

84 months ago

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas said: Yes that would be after SS and medi.

Debbie. Did your husband get his raise on this last paycheck? Everyone that has emailed me has said NO!!

Ms Sparky
mssparky.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas

84 months ago

There was no payraise for plumbers.

Debbie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ms Sparky in Portland, Oregon

84 months ago

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas said: There was no payraise for plumbers.

Debbie

I'm sorry. I've already started to blog about it. For what it's worth. I'll try to keep the pressure on.

mssparky.com/2008/10/did-kbr-give-anyone-their-raise-in-iraq-and-afghanistan/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Austen from Texas in South Africa

84 months ago

Flour was awarded LOGCAP IV along with KBR, and Dyncorp. Flour has employees in Iraq, and Afghanistan right now. They go into full force come November or December when they are awarded their first task order.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Austen from Texas in South Africa

84 months ago

Its a shame that 13 service men where killed due to KBR's neglect of proper electical installations. And what do they do? They reward the electrical department with a pay raise. Why dont you plumbers band together, install as many cross connections as y'all can , and see how many people you can get sick. Hell, you might even get a raise of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

switch in Austin, Texas

84 months ago

Austen from Texas in South Africa said: Flour was awarded LOGCAP IV along with KBR, and Dyncorp. Flour has employees in Iraq, and Afghanistan right now. They go into full force come November or December when they are awarded their first task order.

I thought it was dynacorp and ITT ? is ITT the same as Fluor ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ms Sparky in Portland, Oregon

84 months ago

Austen from Texas in South Africa said: Its a shame that 13 service men where killed due to KBR's neglect of proper electical installations. And what do they do? They reward the electrical department with a pay raise. Why dont you plumbers band together, install as many cross connections as y'all can , and see how many people you can get sick. Hell, you might even get a raise of it.

I couldn't agree with you more. But, I've been told that the electricians in country didn't get a pay raise either only the new hires. Is that wrong?

I think every licensed craft should get a raise. Every damn one. KBR has always treated their skilled craft like second or third class employees!!! They're paying the price now.

Ms Sparky
mssparky.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ms Sparky in Portland, Oregon

84 months ago

I wanted to share this:

Someone sent it to me and I posted it in my blog.

mssparky.com/2008/09/how-do-you-like-working-for-kbr-jobventcom/

Ms Sparky

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Austen from Texas in South Africa

84 months ago

I'm in constant communications with friends that work for KBR. All licensed electric personell have received a salary increase that will be implemented this month. Fluor, and ITT have merged for LOGCAP IV. Oh yeah, i've just received a promotion with my new outfit. The grass is greener on the other side:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ms Sparky in Portland, Oregon

84 months ago

Austen from Texas in South Africa said: I'm in constant communications with friends that work for KBR. All licensed electric personell have received a salary increase that will be implemented this month. Fluor, and ITT have merged for LOGCAP IV. Oh yeah, i've just received a promotion with my new outfit. The grass is greener on the other side:)

Congrats on the promortion. I'm getting just the opposite info. Here's an excerpt from an email I just received. It could also be that the raises are being handled differently at different camps as well. But I don't why that would be. Who knows about KBR?
Here's the email.

"Also, I’ve talked with my friends still in Iraq and nobody has gotten any raise yet. Not even the journeyman guys, let alone the master license holders. So obviously KBR is dragging their feet on paying anybody the $5000 master base as of yet and besides new hires, they have not paid anybody in theatre the journeyman $3500 base yet."

This just isn't right. They should pay what they have promised to pay.

Ms Sparky
mssparky.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

hol424 in Old Bridge, New Jersey

84 months ago

My fiance was offered a job as a plumber from KBR. The only thing is that I don't understand the pay scale and how uplifts work. They offered him to leave 3 weeks from now,which is a bit overwhelming since we just found out 2 days ago! Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

mike g in Sterling, Virginia

83 months ago

im a master plumber working for kbr . i have about 20 years experince in the trade . im wondering since ive got a masters licens why dont we get a raise like the electricans have and is there anyone that can give me a number for any contractors over hear that are hireing good tradesmen ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Sterling, Virginia

83 months ago

i hear you man , its nothing like the states and you have to keep your mouth shut and keep it to your self . there like mob , they will get you fired if you tell them how bad it is

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ecky boy in Glasgow, United Kingdom

74 months ago

Looking for plumbing work in iraq or afghanistan i am from scotland(uk) any help would be great. Thank you.ALEX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

dmure in Glasgow, United Kingdom

74 months ago

Austen from Texas in South Africa said: Hello All

I am a Master Plumber from Texas who worked for KBR for 2 years. I accepted a new job from a different contractor here in Iraq, and have been with them since August.
I will give you the real scoop on KBR as far as the work atmosphere, and pay.

KBR is the worst contractor one could ever work for. The caliber of employees they hire is pathetic. It seems they've recruited every worthless person they can get their hands on. You'll notice when you arrive that alot of people shouldnt be there since they possess no skill whatsoever. Your trades department lack qualified help. They outsource they're labor from Bonsnia, Kosovo, Macedonia etc...... None of them have ever been exposed to the plumbing trade, so you are forced to be sympathetic to them and "teach" them on the job. Anywho, all those individual are worthless pieces of cow dung. You'll see.
On the other hand, KBR is the best company to hire on with for your first deployment as an overseas contractor. The reason being is when you get in county, you can start to network, and apply with other companies while you're here. Use them as a stepping stone to enhance your potential earnings. They are the lowest paid contractors out here. I recommend all to do a 4 to 6 month stint with KBR, and then you'll appreciate how much better the other corporatons treat their employees. There is no loyalty here. Most everyone is here to make the almighty dollar, so i advise you to keep your resume current, and apply daily to other companies when you see a vacancy. As soon as LOGCAP IV kicks off, you'll see everyone try to leave KBR, and go with Fluor, and Dyncorp.
Good luck

Hi,

Just received a jb offer for a PLUMBING FOREMAN with Dyncorp but the pay seems really poor, can you confirm what i should be expecting?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Robert Hand Marietta Ga. in Marietta, Georgia

71 months ago

I can no longer log in to kbrs site. I finally got my passport and wanted to update my resume. I know my login info. is correct. I keep getting invalid login info. I am applying as a plumber. Anybody know about this problem?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kodiak570 in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

Robert Hand Marietta Ga. in Marietta, Georgia said: I can no longer log in to kbrs site. I finally got my passport and wanted to update my resume. I know my login info. is correct. I keep getting invalid login info. I am applying as a plumber. Anybody know about this problem?

Just tried it and it worked fine for me. Maybe you should reset your password and try again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jana bennett in Rathdrum, Idaho

71 months ago

Applied on the 5th. Got a call today, have phone interview tomorrow. What is the current base pay for journeyman plumbers? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

ecky boy in Glasgow, United Kingdom

71 months ago

Would just like to thank everyone who helped me get to the processing stage.Have been told i will be arriving Houston 15th nov to start processing on 16th.What's next step if you pass all test's im thinking you get deployed straight away someone told me you can be sent home to wait on phone call is this the case?Once again you guys thanks for all the help getting this far.

ecky boy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

ecky boy in Glasgow, United Kingdom

71 months ago

Hi does anyone know where site 2 in Afghanistan is situated and what welfare is like any info would be great.Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hvac Pro in Las Vegas, Nevada

70 months ago

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas said: There was no payraise for plumbers.

Debbie


Debbie do you have an email , i can email to you ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas

70 months ago

Hvac Pro in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Debbie do you have an email , i can email to you ?

afscme3920@aol.com

Debbie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Melinda Pearson in Woodstock, Georgia

70 months ago

kodiak570 in Houston, Texas said: Just tried it and it worked fine for me. Maybe you should reset your password and try again.

Kodiak...we were all wondering..did you make it through processing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

keith ainsworth in Blackburn, United Kingdom

70 months ago

hi im a fully qualified time served heating engineer/plumber and im trying to get work in iraq, iv heard kbr are good to get out ther with but can anyone give me any information on who to contact ? many thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JAMES NEW in Spalding, United Kingdom

68 months ago

hello hopefully someone could answer a few questions for me,basically i wish to apply for a job at kbr as a plumber. i am just out of a apprenticeship and wish to gain further knowledge on a global scale,would i be a suitable candidate for kbr,i also have a conviction which is spent,and am currently working to pay off debt,would they hire me if i have debt. my medical records show bereavement counselling also which hopefully won't cause a problem. if anybody has had experience regarding these issues please could you help,much appreciated. james

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

roy ingram in Dundee, United Kingdom

67 months ago

I am Currently working as a Plumber/Gas engineer for a company in Aberdeen, Allocated at Ministry of Defence Housing Estates around Scotland. Looking to get working away from home. Been applying for plumbing jobs with KBR for months and do not get a single reply. Help would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

kevinpatrick77@yahoo.com in Grand Bay, Alabama

67 months ago

20 year master plumber

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

211Kai in Kamuela, Hawaii

67 months ago

I got hired by KBR two months ago, my experiance getting hied on is still freash in my mind. After my email I was phoned with a conferance call and was asked to hold questions for call number 2. Call no 2 was a four question test on plumbing that once I passed I could ask as many questions as I wanted. Then a few days later I got emailed all the paper work with a dead line to complete. Days later came my flight itenary and I was off to Houston for processing. The physical was easy and I'm 54. Don't worry you'll do fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.