KBR Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Moderated by: Ksniper777
Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 36642)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at KBR?

What do you like best about working at KBR? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

james d. jackson

90 months ago

i have servied in the military (navy seabee) for 20yrs as a mechanic. I'mworking at auto zone as a parts sales manager. I'm looking for a job in auto/truck parts. as we all know trucks don't run without parts. thank you:

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (187) / No (78) Reply - Report abuse

y heravi in Omaha, Nebraska

87 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at KBR?

What do you like best about working at KBR? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

how mach will pay in afghanistan?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (326) / No (77) Reply - Report abuse

Loader2001 in Summerville, South Carolina

87 months ago

Usual pay for standard laborer is $15.00 an hour. Expect 12 hours a day for 7 days a week for 120 days, around that time period they will insist you take R&R. If Afghanistan is still the same you will recieve 55% of your first 40 hours. There is NO overtime pay. You will more than likely not be employed by KBR but by a subsiderary based in Dubia.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (137) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Stella Smith in La Vivienda, Mexico

84 months ago

Mechanics: They always need mechanics over there.
Time off: You get 4 vacations a year of 10 days paid each time. The company also pays your first $850 of your airline ticket no matter where you go or what class you fly.
PAY: The salary in Kuwait is low because the Kuwait uplift is only about 35%, whereas the uplift for Iraq is about 75%. So folks in Iraq get a higher paycheck. Plus it is easier to spend money if you live in Kuwait. In Iraq there is nothing to spend your money on so it's easier to save. If you are an IT person have you considered working for ITT? I think they pay more over there than KBR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (100) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Lauren66 in Orange, Texas

84 months ago

I work at a Dr.'s office, making about $8.00 an hour, I was told that clerical workers make $100,000 a year,for KBR, I need to know if this is true, if so I would like to work for that company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (599) / No (121) Reply - Report abuse

dwayne groover in Deltona, Florida

83 months ago

i want to know what are to starting salaries,bonuses,benefits for warehouses manager positions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (149) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

lcgipson in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

82 months ago

The starting salaries depend on what position you are applying for. The uplift is 75% now, that makes a HUGE difference. When I was over there in 2004 to 2005, the uplift was only 55%. I am headed back and will be in Houston for processing on the 7th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

goldie in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

everything looks good

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

newman9com in Tempe, Arizona

80 months ago

can anyone help me out. i have a criminal justice degree but i was wondering what all i would have to do to try and do overseas work for kbr or halliburton. i heard the pay could be excellent. how do i go about attaining info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (96) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

What is a MWR. What exactly that is and what does the salary look like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

MWR: Moral/Welfare/Recreation: Library, movie theater, recreation center, gym etc... . At an average it will be $15.00 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

thanks for responding

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

murray44 in Wasilla, Alaska

80 months ago

Can any help ,I was wondering what kind of work ,are Electrician doing over there .What is the salary ,working and living any info will be help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (102) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Goki Stojkov in Skopje, Macedonia

80 months ago

I came to work for KBR in April. But they give to me base pay much low then old KBR employers from Macedonia.We work in same conditions and same job They have a double base pay then me. Isn’t that discrimination.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Are there any other good forum out there about working for KBR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

YolZet

80 months ago

I applied in the middle on April on the KBR website and got an e-mail from a recruiter 2 weeks later about a Logistics position. Then I had a phone interview a week later. I got offered the job at 100K per year. Now I'm just waiting for my security clearance to be transfered from the military. He told me that I will leave in about 4 weeks to Iraq.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (96) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

rolloff in Lawrence, Massachusetts

79 months ago

Did you apply for one specific position or all related available positions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

rolloff in Lawrence, Massachusetts

79 months ago

YolZet said: I applied in the middle on April on the KBR website and got an e-mail from a recruiter 2 weeks later about a Logistics position. Then I had a phone interview a week later. I got offered the job at 100K per year. Now I'm just waiting for my security clearance to be transfered from the military. He told me that I will leave in about 4 weeks to Iraq.

Did you apply for one specific position or all related positions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

scott carlisle in Vine Grove, Kentucky

79 months ago

YolZet said: I applied in the middle on April on the KBR website and got an e-mail from a recruiter 2 weeks later about a Logistics position. Then I had a phone interview a week later. I got offered the job at 100K per year. Now I'm just waiting for my security clearance to be transfered from the military. He told me that I will leave in about 4 weeks to Iraq.

Hi Yolanda,

Congrats on your job. I am also a logistics planner (Air Force 9 1/2 years) and am trying to get a position in the Middle East. Do you have a recruiter/hiring manager I might be able to contact? Thanks and take care. Scott scott@scottcarlisle.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Bontreva Millner Hill in Charlotte, North Carolina

79 months ago

What is your husband's job with ITT and what are uplifts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

trucker 55 in Flat Rock, Michigan

79 months ago

I never heard of these other companys, can you tell me how to get in touch with them.As you can tell this is all new to me stuff like uplifts and how this overseas jobs thing is done, thank-you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

79 months ago

i really enjoy reading all the speculation about KBR from individual that have never worked for the company. i have been with KBR for just over 4 years. i spent the first 3 years in Iraq (transportation dept) climbed the corporate ladder to upper managemnt and now work with KBR and Shell on the largest construction project in the world.

there are a few contract companies that pay a little more starting out, but the chance for advancement and to make it a career are very slim with those other companies.

I am making almost $165,000 a year and work 8 weeks on 18 days off. I defie anyone to tell me that is not a good job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (78) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Wear is this largest construction .Do they need any electrician

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

79 months ago

murray44 in Wasilla, Alaska said: Wear is this largest construction .Do they need any electrician

The Pearl Project here in Doha Qatar is the largest construction project in the world right now.
We have almost 40,000 people building this plant at a cost of nearly 50 billion dollars.
This project much like most other large overseas projects do not employee U.S labor force. the cost is to high. You can hire 20 Phillipino or Indian works for the cost of 1 U.S electrician.
projects of this magnitude hire U.S/British/Japan for engineering and upper managemt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

drifter in houston, Texas

79 months ago

I,m a single trk driver going no where driving around the usa. I want to go to Iraq or somewhere esle where i can make something of myself. What driving jobs are there in Iraq or the middle east. What is the starting pay at kbr for drivers? I have 1 millon ang 750 thosand miles with no accidnets but only make 40 thousand a year in the states.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (69) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

prospect in Boca Raton, Florida

78 months ago

So it’s impossible for a civilian with experience to get a job as a security guard?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

(Excuse me) Is it impossible for a civilian with experience to get a job as a security guard in Iraq?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Goki Stojkov in Skopje, Macedonia

78 months ago

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar said: The Pearl Project here in Doha Qatar is the largest construction project in the world right now.
We have almost 40,000 people building this plant at a cost of nearly 50 billion dollars.
This project much like most other large overseas projects do not employee U.S labor force. the cost is to high. You can hire 20 Phillipino or Indian works for the cost of 1 U.S electrician.
projects of this magnitude hire U.S/British/Japan for engineering and upper managemt.

I have one question for You. Because you know everything abaut KBR. I am working for KBR 2 mounths. I am Macedonian. Why the old employes from Macedonia who work same job like me they have double base pay than my? I have been here for two mounths

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

78 months ago

Goki Stojkov in Skopje, Macedonia said: I have one question for You. Because you know everything abaut KBR. I am working for KBR 2 mounths. I am Macedonian. Why the old employes from Macedonia who work same job like me they have double base pay than my? I have been here for two mounths

I wish i could answer that, but i have no idea. You will have to talk to HR. what project are you on?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

78 months ago

prospect in Boca Raton, Florida said: (Excuse me) Is it impossible for a civilian with experience to get a job as a security guard in Iraq?

No, it is not impossible. A lot depends on which company you apply for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

78 months ago

prospect in Boca Raton, Florida said: which company will hire civilians without experience?

For security jobs, no one will hire you without experience, but if by some freak chance of nature someone offers you a security job, it would not be in Iraq or any other hostile area. so the pay would not be worth leaving the states.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

drifter in houston, Texas

78 months ago

Are you allowed to carry a weapon in iraq as a truck driver?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

does kbr basic patrol security carry weapons in the middlestern job sites?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

78 months ago

prospect in Boca Raton, Florida said: which company will hire civilians without experience?

none that i have run across, but there might be one out there somewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

78 months ago

drifter in houston, Texas said: Are you allowed to carry a weapon in iraq as a truck driver?

Not a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

78 months ago

prospect in Boca Raton, Florida said: does kbr basic patrol security carry weapons in the middlestern job sites?

No. they are not what you would call security gueards. they do alot more logistics and brief on threat levels. that is why there pay is extremely lower thatn the real front line security.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rpgonzales in Katy, Texas

78 months ago

I've been doing alot of research for the past month on KBR and the options out there along with studying the environment and experiences employees have had in Iraq and Dubai. I'm seriously considering pursuing a position with KBR, either in Iraq for the 75% uplift or Dubai for the experience. I'm only 25 but have 10 years of corporate IT experience (6yrs Healthcare & 4yrs Oil & Gas) and currently the Director of IT for a hospital in Houston. I've seen IT positions (not from KBR) showing salaries of $35K/month and wondered if there is even a chance KBR would offer that or are these online posting just a way to get people's resumes to initiate talks with possible candidates. I've began to also look into ITT for positions, but didn't know how much of a difference their salaries were to KBR and if anyone had a personal contact for ITT in Iraq or Dubai.

So in summary:
1. What type of IT position would I qualify for with my experience above and what type of salary ranges could I expect if the position were located in Iraq or Dubai?
2. $35K/month a realistic salary when based in Iraq?
3. ITT recruiting contact besides their website?
4. Iraq salaries vs. Dubai salaries?
5. Expected range and frequencies of bonuses?

Thank you in advanced for your help and responses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar said: 1.First off, i am assuming 25 years old is typing error?
2.I know several individuals working for ITT here in Qatar and i can assure you that they do not even make half that a month. I have had a couple friends get IT offers for the $14,000 a month range, but there is know one making anywhere near 30K+
3. In general Iraq salaries are higher, but depending on position and title, they could equal out.
4. A theater wide IT Project Director probably makes around $20-25K a month. But for a position like that, you would not only have to know the right people, but have been in the buisness a long time.

1. No, 25 years old was not a typing error. I get that response alot and if we were to ever meet, you would never believe that I was only 25 from my appearance and/or demeanor. "Wisdom is acquired by experience, not by age" ;-)
2. Yes, I realized the $35K/month salaries were a scam after I had posted here. Slowly, I'm realizing that going overseas, especially into a conflict zone such as Iraq, really might not be worth the risk. The salary I'm assuming they would offer me in Iraq would only be a bit of an increase from my current salary here in the states.

As far as Dubai though, I have yet to really see information on their IT salaries, but the environment, location, and culture might be worth experiencing. Any ideas on their salary ranges for IT in Dubai??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rump_jason in Loveland, Colorado

78 months ago

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar said: i really enjoy reading all the speculation about KBR from individual that have never worked for the company. i have been with KBR for just over 4 years. i spent the first 3 years in Iraq (transportation dept) climbed the corporate ladder to upper managemnt and now work with KBR and Shell on the largest construction project in the world.

there are a few contract companies that pay a little more starting out, but the chance for advancement and to make it a career are very slim with those other companies.

I am making almost $165,000 a year and work 8 weeks on 18 days off. I defie anyone to tell me that is not a good job.

i just got out of the army a few months ago and i was in transportation there and drove big 5 ton and 2 1/2 ton trucks and sometimes tractor trailer vehicles, i applied online at kbr's website for a heavy truck driver in iraq and afghanistan and also a security officer, i was wondering how long do they take to get back to people and or offer them a position? and how long are you overseas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

78 months ago

rump_jason in Loveland, Colorado said: i just got out of the army a few months ago and i was in transportation there and drove big 5 ton and 2 1/2 ton trucks and sometimes tractor trailer vehicles, i applied online at kbr's website for a heavy truck driver in iraq and afghanistan and also a security officer, i was wondering how long do they take to get back to people and or offer them a position? and how long are you overseas?

Contact times vary, but with your background, it ahould take just days. Iraq and Afghanistan do 4 month on 2 weeks off. You can only be in the U.S for 35 days out of 365 to meet the tax break law.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

78 months ago

rpgonzales in Katy, Texas said: 1. No, 25 years old was not a typing error. I get that response alot and if we were to ever meet, you would never believe that I was only 25 from my appearance and/or demeanor. "Wisdom is acquired by experience, not by age" ;-)
2. Yes, I realized the $35K/month salaries were a scam after I had posted here. Slowly, I'm realizing that going overseas, especially into a conflict zone such as Iraq, really might not be worth the risk. The salary I'm assuming they would offer me in Iraq would only be a bit of an increase from my current salary here in the states.

As far as Dubai though, I have yet to really see information on their IT salaries, but the environment, location, and culture might be worth experiencing. Any ideas on their salary ranges for IT in Dubai??[/QU

you have achieved alot since 10 years of corpaorate experience makes you 15 years old when you started a career. Stay with the Hospital, everything else is just contract work. they can let you go anytime they like and without warning.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar said:

Yes, I was lucky enough at age 15 through a co-op program to accept my first job as a desktop support analyst for Williams Gas & Pipeline here in Houston. Completed the 2 remaining years with Williams G&P and was offered a contract extension with them until I was recruited by Shell Oil Trading (Equiva Trading back then). Worked at Shell for a year and returned back to Williams G&P for another. Afterwards, crossed over to Healthcare IT and was managing my first hospital at the age of 22 and opened up my first startup (completely from the ground up) hospital when I was 23, which then was promoted to Director and currently oversea operations. I'm only posting this information to point out that I wasn't just some "average joe" making up his resume or experience on these forums just because it's the "internet"... :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

bluecamel, thanks for the info. do you work for kbr? how are their living facilities overseas? i first submitted my resume for those positions on their website on this past thursday, so if/when they contact me will it be by phone or email and what should i expect them to say in the initial first contact? and my last question, whats the salary for a heavy truck driver over there for a years worth of overseas work? again thanks for all your help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

As a "civilian" in a military enviornment, you are NOT allowed to carry offensive weapons POINT BLANK! Orentation they made it perfectally clear on that matter. I believe the statement was: If you are caught with a weapon, then your contract is terminated. As for pocket knives (tools) then that is another matter. Thing being, if you are hired and they tell you that, don't waste everyones time bickering "what if" questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

78 months ago

rump_jason in Loveland, Colorado said: bluecamel, thanks for the info. do you work for kbr? how are their living facilities overseas? i first submitted my resume for those positions on their website on this past thursday, so if/when they contact me will it be by phone or email and what should i expect them to say in the initial first contact? and my last question, whats the salary for a heavy truck driver over there for a years worth of overseas work? again thanks for all your help

I have been with KBR for 4 years now. The first 3 in Iraq and now Doha Qatar.
They will contact you by phone and the you can expect about $90,000 a year for a salary. You can only spend 35 days a year on R/R in the U.S to meet the tax free law.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

blue camel, two more questions i forgot to ask. on the kbrjobs.com where it lists all the positions for truck driver, should i bother submitting my application for everyone? or just one for each country? also, when i filled out my profile and application on there, where it said to paste your resume' since i don't yet have one i just typed in all my qualifications and everything i did in the army, is that bad? or will they still look at it the same as to the positions(s) i applied for? thanks for your help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

78 months ago

rump_jason in Loveland, Colorado said: blue camel, thanks again. i certainly hope they contact me and soon, i would have no problem quitting my job here in colorado as a sheriff's deputy to go and work for kbr. i'll be sure to let you know if they do contact me as i'm sure i'll have more questions, any other type of pertinent information you can provide me with would be much appreciated, by the way, what do you do for kbr?

jason

I was atruck driver for the first 9 months. then climed the ladder to Foreman, Supervisor and finally manager.

I am now the Operations Manager for the Shell GTL project in Qatar. KBR is supplying the management and engineers for the project.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

78 months ago

rump_jason in Loveland, Colorado said: blue camel, two more questions i forgot to ask. on the kbrjobs.com where it lists all the positions for truck driver, should i bother submitting my application for everyone? or just one for each country? also, when i filled out my profile and application on there, where it said to paste your resume' since i don't yet have one i just typed in all my qualifications and everything i did in the army, is that bad? or will they still look at it the same as to the positions(s) i applied for? thanks for your help

3 or 4 years ago, it was fairly easy to get a job in Iraq. It is getting a little harder these days. I would submit an actual resume.

no you do not need to submit for each truck driving job. they feed into the same job bank for KBR anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

blue camel, so it doesn't take long to advance as a truck driver while overseas? i also applied for security officer, you wouldn't happen to know that positions salary would you? i guess i can get into a more recreational question now and that is for a single guy with no children like me, what is the lifestyle and or things for me to do in some place like dubai?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.