KBR Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Moderated by: Ksniper777
Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 36642)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

nigo vasquez in Jacksonville, Florida

76 months ago

Hi, I went on the KBR website and I applied for a mechanic position, I have 10 years of experience, what pay should I expect for Iraq?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nigo vasquez in Jacksonville, Florida

76 months ago

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar said: i really enjoy reading all the speculation about KBR from individual that have never worked for the company. i have been with KBR for just over 4 years. i spent the first 3 years in Iraq (transportation dept) climbed the corporate ladder to upper managemnt and now work with KBR and Shell on the largest construction project in the world.

there are a few contract companies that pay a little more starting out, but the chance for advancement and to make it a career are very slim with those other companies.

I am making almost $165,000 a year and work 8 weeks on 18 days off. I defie anyone to tell me that is not a good job.

Hello, I applied last month for a mechanic position I have 10 years of experience, what pay should I expect in Iraq?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

nigo vasquez in Jacksonville, Florida said: Hello, I applied last month for a mechanic position I have 10 years of experience, what pay should I expect in Iraq?

about $75,000. Mechanics also act as recovery. which means when a truck gets blown up or breaks down on the road, you are out there with the truck drivers to repair or drag it back to camp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

rump_jason in Loveland, Colorado said: blue camel, so it doesn't take long to advance as a truck driver while overseas? i also applied for security officer, you wouldn't happen to know that positions salary would you? i guess i can get into a more recreational question now and that is for a single guy with no children like me, what is the lifestyle and or things for me to do in some place like dubai?

I am not sure what a security makes in Dubai. i can tell you that it is easy to spend everything you make there. Dubai is probably 1 of the top 3 party places in the world. it is nothing to go out on the town and spend $1,000.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

nigo vasquez in Jacksonville, Florida

76 months ago

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar said: about $75,000. Mechanics also act as recovery. which means when a truck gets blown up or breaks down on the road, you are out there with the truck drivers to repair or drag it back to camp.

thanks for the info what are uplifts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nigo vasquez in Jacksonville, Florida

76 months ago

nigo vasquez in Jacksonville, Florida said: thanks for the info

What are uplifts? 75% 55%?
and that was 75,000 a year right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

nigo vasquez in Jacksonville, Florida said:

You do not get overtime, an uplift is kind of a way to substitute for that. you get a base salary then a % times what your base is for the first 40 hours you work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at KBR?

What do you like best about working at KBR? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

No the only bonuses we ever get are one yes one $10.00 phone card for Christmas. That is it.No special treatment or anything. The top 5 of KBR Iraq split a $12,000,000.00 qtr bonus not including there High paying Salaries of possibly 1-3 million a year plus stock and other benefits. That all I will say for now Thanks, M

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rump_jason in Loveland, Colorado

76 months ago

is kbr not hiring right now? or do they currently not need anyone for transportation overseas? i submitted an application online about a week and a half ago, just got out of the army and was a motor transport operator so i'm just curious, not a lot of people can WANT to work over there can they? how long does it take for the recruiters to contact you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

Mark in Houston, Texas said: No the only bonuses we ever get are one yes one $10.00 phone card for Christmas. That is it.No special treatment or anything. The top 5 of KBR Iraq split a $12,000,000.00 qtr bonus not including there High paying Salaries of possibly 1-3 million a year plus stock and other benefits. That all I will say for now Thanks, M

Your perks come when you move from being a contract KBR worker to an actual corporate KBR empolyee like i am now.

Once you reach corporate management level, you get contract completion bonus, full retirement options, vacation every 6-10 weeks and the list goes on and on.

the biggest one, is the job guarantee for life. As long as you do your job right and do not violate company policy, i am always guaranteed a job. when you work contract like Iraq, they can fire you the same day you arrive if they want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

rump_jason in Loveland, Colorado said: is kbr not hiring right now? or do they currently not need anyone for transportation overseas? i submitted an application online about a week and a half ago, just got out of the army and was a motor transport operator so i'm just curious, not a lot of people can WANT to work over there can they? how long does it take for the recruiters to contact you?

3 years ago, you would have gotten a call in a matter of 24 hours. The job market back in the States is so bad right now KBR can really pick and choose. However your military background pulls a lot of weight and you should have no problem getting hired. i am prior Marine Corps and in 2004, i applyied on a tuesday and was called 6 hours later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

rump_jason in Loveland, Colorado

76 months ago

blue camel, thanks again.

i really have no desire to work in the states the locations i selected were all overseas. my question to you is do you think i should wait it out to see if they call me? or should i call them? cause i'm thinking about going back to the army the only thing i'm waiting on is to see if kbr makes me an offer which i would accept in a heartbeat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

rump_jason in Loveland, Colorado said: blue camel, thanks again.

i really have no desire to work in the states the locations i selected were all overseas. my question to you is do you think i should wait it out to see if they call me? or should i call them? cause i'm thinking about going back to the army the only thing i'm waiting on is to see if kbr makes me an offer which i would accept in a heartbeat.

you will have a hard time contacting a recruiter by phone.
Being retired Marine Corps myself, you know my response will be go back to the army, put your time in to draw a retirement check and the lifetime medical. Then work these contract jobs.
Alot of people think this KBR Iraq job is a once in a lifetime thing. Long before it was KBR, it was Brown and Root. This company has been doing work like this since Vietnam. Iraq just brought it into the general public spotlight.

the doors open fast to a young retired military man and advanced come quickly. i am proof of that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bobby stevens in Darlington, United Kingdom

76 months ago

i am intrested in applying for working in iraq as a carpenter could any one give me any feedback on this.e.g.working conditions,salary and easiest way apply. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Musa in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina

76 months ago

Hello to all.
I am first time on this forum,and I see that US citizens who wanna to work in Iraq get a huge payments ( it is good).I am form Bosnia and now need to go in Houston on processing for job in Iraq like Laborer Foreman and my payment is 3k$ per motht,my working hours is 5,80$.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Barroso in Elizabethtown, Kentucky

76 months ago

I have applied for 4 jobs can someone inform me on pay for a welder,food service lead, warehousing, and truck driver? thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

Lisa Barroso in Elizabethtown, Kentucky said: I have applied for 4 jobs can someone inform me on pay for a welder,food service lead, warehousing, and truck driver? thanks in advance

$75,000-$85,000 covers just about most the jobs. truck drivers have a 95% turn over rate. try it and you will understand why. best of luck in your job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

TYBRYSTYBRYS in Alexandria, Virginia

76 months ago

SON LOOKING FOR A JOB OVERSEAS IN IT AS A HELP DESK PERSON ! WOULD LIKE TO FIND A RECRUITER OR CONTRACTOR OR ANY HELP TO GET STARTED IN THE PROCESS. HE WAS FORMERLY WITH WORLD -COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joseph Holt in Ft Benning, Georgia

76 months ago

I am looking for ANY kind of labor work overseas. I am only 20 years old and graduated HS 3 years ago. My work record is excellent with good reviews and referances. My experience is mostly in Marine mechanics, driving forklift, and general repair, upkeep and minor construction at the Marina where I was head dockhand.

I am a hard worker, fast learner, and in good physical shape. The only positions I ever see advertised are for professional positions. Where do I find the positions for laborers or basically non professional?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sabah al-bazun in Fayetteville, North Carolina

76 months ago

i speek arbic inglish spanish lagistic or any

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

Joseph Holt in Ft Benning, Georgia said: I am looking for ANY kind of labor work overseas. I am only 20 years old and graduated HS 3 years ago. My work record is excellent with good reviews and referances. My experience is mostly in Marine mechanics, driving forklift, and general repair, upkeep and minor construction at the Marina where I was head dockhand.

I am a hard worker, fast learner, and in good physical shape. The only positions I ever see advertised are for professional positions. Where do I find the positions for laborers or basically non professional?

95% or better of the general labor force or non-professional jobs are given to people from countries other than the U.S or UK. Phillipines and India make up most of the general work force.

reason being, they can get them to work for about $300 U.S a month, where it would cost a company $3,000 + a month for a U.S laborer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

markcu01 in Shreveport, Louisiana

76 months ago

YolZet said: I applied in the middle on April on the KBR website and got an e-mail from a recruiter 2 weeks later about a Logistics position. Then I had a phone interview a week later. I got offered the job at 100K per year. Now I'm just waiting for my security clearance to be transfered from the military. He told me that I will leave in about 4 weeks to Iraq.

well if you need a hand call me more then willing to come back over..lol. markcu69@msn.com is the address.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

markcu01 in Shreveport, Louisiana

76 months ago

jenni murphy in Titusville, Florida said: I wouldn't go to KBR I would try ITT or ManTech they pay twice as much for the same work in the same place. My Hubby works for kbr his base pay for iraq is 8.40 and hour with 75% uplifts he's now switching to ITT they pay 19.04 and hour with 75% uplifts you want the money avoid kbr go with someone else

what base is hubby at? does he need help?..lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

markcu01 in Shreveport, Louisiana

76 months ago

drifter in houston, Texas said: I,m a single trk driver going no where driving around the usa. I want to go to Iraq or somewhere esle where i can make something of myself. What driving jobs are there in Iraq or the middle east. What is the starting pay at kbr for drivers? I have 1 millon ang 750 thosand miles with no accidnets but only make 40 thousand a year in the states.

well i knew a lot of truck drivers over there. you have to be a special breed to drive there. ain't like here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joseph Holt in Ft Benning, Georgia

76 months ago

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar said: 95% or better of the general labor force or non-professional jobs are given to people from countries other than the U.S or UK. Phillipines and India make up most of the general work force.

reason being, they can get them to work for about $300 U.S a month, where it would cost a company $3,000 + a month for a U.S laborer.

I recieved a call from one of thier recruiters and they have work for me on a secred compound in Iraq. I had listed my resume on thier web site, but had not applied for any positions. He said they do screen the resumes that are submitted even if nopt applying for a particular position.

I also just listed on the ITT site and applied for a few jobs. Is the work offered by both companies generally the same type?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joseph Holt in Ft Benning, Georgia

76 months ago

[that was "secured compound" sorry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Poysen in Sunnysideup, Florida

76 months ago

I know a lot of these posts have been about mechanics, truck drivers, and general laborers so my question is this .... How much can a paramedic of 15+ years with some nursing expect to be paid for working in Afghanistan? A ballpark figure is all I'm looking for. Thanks! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

Poysen in Sunnysideup, Florida said: I know a lot of these posts have been about mechanics, truck drivers, and general laborers so my question is this .... How much can a paramedic of 15+ years with some nursing expect to be paid for working in Afghanistan? A ballpark figure is all I'm looking for. Thanks! :)

around $95,000.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joseph Holt in Ft Benning, Georgia

76 months ago

I saw a post on ITT site for paramedics

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

liz b

76 months ago

I am currently looking for an administrative position; I am 25 and have 10 years of experience (2 of which are in HR) and 2 bachelor degrees, and attempting to save for law school. I was recently informed that the salary and living conditions may not be worth the inherent dangers. Could current employees or those actually familiar with the living conditions and also the salary of administrative assistants reply.

What are the salaries for administrative and HR positions? And how are the living situations? Are you in tents like the employment questioner suggests, or is it dorm style living situtations?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

liz b said: I am currently looking for an administrative position; I am 25 and have 10 years of experience (2 of which are in HR) and 2 bachelor degrees, and attempting to save for law school. I was recently informed that the salary and living conditions may not be worth the inherent dangers. Could current employees or those actually familiar with the living conditions and also the salary of administrative assistants reply.

What are the salaries for administrative and HR positions? And how are the living situations? Are you in tents like the employment questioner suggests, or is it dorm style living situtations?

Almost all of the camp's are living in containers now. a few of the smaller FOB sites still have tents, but not many.

Salaries for entry level positions with KBR all range between $75-$90,000. HR is a good field to be in for promotion. A Senior HR or HR manager can break the $100,000 a year mark.

There will always be the danger factor, that is why they pay more for the position than you would make in the States. Yes, mortars and rockets do enter the camps. depending on which camp you are on will determine how frequent the attacks are.

in the 3 years i was there, i can only think of around 9 people killed while actually in the camp. not bad odds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

liz b

76 months ago

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar said: Almost all of the camp's are living in containers now. a few of the smaller FOB sites still have tents, but not many.

Salaries for entry level positions with KBR all range between $75-$90,000. HR is a good field to be in for promotion. A Senior HR or HR manager can break the $100,000 a year mark.

There will always be the danger factor, that is why they pay more for the position than you would make in the States. Yes, mortars and rockets do enter the camps. depending on which camp you are on will determine how frequent the attacks are.

in the 3 years i was there, i can only think of around 9 people killed while actually in the camp. not bad odds.

lol, at the odds. I guess they are good considering the daily odds of being killed due to inner city living. I'm not sure about the pay though, I currently make 55K and being separated from my family (dating scence) and such a high risk area is not worth the extra 25k.

Also I have a quick question about the work schedule. Does the administrative staff also have the 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week schedule?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

liz b said: lol, at the odds. I guess they are good considering the daily odds of being killed due to inner city living. I'm not sure about the pay though, I currently make 55K and being separated from my family (dating scence) and such a high risk area is not worth the extra 25k.

Also I have a quick question about the work schedule. Does the administrative staff also have the 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week schedule?

your 55K is taxed this is not. you will bring home what you make.

Yes, Iraq is 12 hours 7 days a week for everyone. there is nothing else to really do anyway.

if you are lucky,Iraq is just a stepping stone to a good coorporate job with KBR like i have now in Qatar.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mayachok in Omsk, Russia

76 months ago

It's not a comment. I need some help. Do you know anything about talisman-casino.com? Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Hopeful in Fayetteville, Georgia

76 months ago

Blue Camel...I received a job offer for a food service worker position in Afghanistan back in April and was supposed go to Houston in May. I did my Kroll background check and sent my dd-214 in and was told by a lady in the military verification dept. that because I have an OTH discharge I would not be qualified. I decided to call in to my recruiter last week (2 months later) and he advised me nothing was wrong and that they were waiting on me to take my WABI test...so he did my paperwork over again and I take my background check again Monday because it expires in 30 days if you don't use it. My concern is....was the lady right or my recruiter right about my background check. I don't want to get my hopes up only to be let down again. Also with the food service worker position, does it even have a security clearance of any kind? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pennaman73 in Fort Wayne, Indiana

76 months ago

What kind of containers???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

pennaman73 in Fort Wayne, Indiana

76 months ago

I'm prior service and a former DoD employee. I'm going through a divorce and my ex has destroyed my credit, and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to get a security clearance. Do all positions require this? My background is spotless except for my credit report, and I want to get down-range to try to repair myself financially. Any info or advice would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Richard chaboya in Hobbs, New Mexico

76 months ago

I would like some information on the housing for married couples for KBR?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

Hopeful in Fayetteville, Georgia said: Blue Camel...I received a job offer for a food service worker position in Afghanistan back in April and was supposed go to Houston in May. I did my Kroll background check and sent my dd-214 in and was told by a lady in the military verification dept. that because I have an OTH discharge I would not be qualified. I decided to call in to my recruiter last week (2 months later) and he advised me nothing was wrong and that they were waiting on me to take my WABI test...so he did my paperwork over again and I take my background check again Monday because it expires in 30 days if you don't use it. My concern is....was the lady right or my recruiter right about my background check. I don't want to get my hopes up only to be let down again. Also with the food service worker position, does it even have a security clearance of any kind? Thanks

MCT (air field, some Operations Coordinators and very few security guards. these are the only jobs with a security clearance. MCT(air field) is the biggest group requiring a clearance.

they are screwing with you. You would have been in Houston already if they really wanted you. the OTH will hurt you for getting a job with KBR on a government contract like Iraq or Afghan. sorry,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

pennaman73 in Fort Wayne, Indiana said: What kind of containers???

containers are the large 20-40 ft metal cans that you see in ship yards to haul stuff in. They convert them into living space.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

76 months ago

pennaman73 in Fort Wayne, Indiana said: I'm prior service and a former DoD employee. I'm going through a divorce and my ex has destroyed my credit, and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to get a security clearance. Do all positions require this? My background is spotless except for my credit report, and I want to get down-range to try to repair myself financially. Any info or advice would be appreciated.

98% of the jobs do not even require a security clearance. As for your credit, the only thing that can hurt you there, is owe the IRS money or back child support. either one is a no go for contract work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pennaman73 in Fort Wayne, Indiana

76 months ago

How long and/or in-depth should my resume be? I know I'm more than qualified for the jobs I have applied for, but it's been 2 wks and have not been contacted yet. Also, is a cover letter absolutely necessary?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aurelie chaperon in Skopje, Macedonia

76 months ago

Goki Stojkov in Skopje, Macedonia said: I have one question for You. Because you know everything abaut KBR. I am working for KBR 2 mounths. I am Macedonian. Why the old employes from Macedonia who work same job like me they have double base pay than my? I have been here for two mounths

Hello,

I am in Skopje also and I need information about KBR and your experience. Can you please give me your email, so we can communicate easily? Thank you very much.
Aurelie ( chaperon_adx@hotmail.com)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

skatemaster65@yahoo.com in Bronx, New York

75 months ago

Hey Bluecamel Im thinking about applying for a truckdrivers position @ kbr I had a small run in with the law posseion (some weed wrong place wrong time)10 years exprience driving in New york can be just as bad as driving iraq ,how do I get in contact with a kbr a recruiter Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar

75 months ago

wacosecurity in Waco, Texas said: What are some of the better contract security position to work for in Iraq. I am looking for basic security but in the front line. I have 2 yrs. military as a Service Personnel Specialist. I worked in S. Korea in the ESMB. I also have 8 yrs exp in the security industry.

Triple Canopy is by far the highest paid and most repected security group in Iraq. Unless you have been discharged within the last 2 years and have had atleast 2 years special Op's prior to discharge, you are out of luck with them.

Black Water is getting out of the ground security work in Iraq.

so that leaves Dyna Corp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dada in Neverland

75 months ago

forgot to tell, worked in Engineering...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

markcu01 in Shreveport, Louisiana

75 months ago

from what the folks i know that are still there say they are closing bases and demobbing folk. that and they are waiting to see who wins the election this fall. also got word that Fluor is hiring a bunch of kbr folks as well but nothing for sure on that just heard it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dada in Neverland

75 months ago

fluor hasn't started with hiring - they still waiting on decisions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

markcu01 in Shreveport, Louisiana

75 months ago

well a freind of mine that is there says they have already hired some folks from the camp she is at

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tha1 in Liberty, North Carolina

75 months ago

hey bluecamel,

i am interested in getting a job with KBR. i have served four years in the Army and have a bachelor's degree in management. is there anything that i am eligible for with my credentials. I was wondering about the warehouse jobs or anything really, but no truck driver. i have no criminal record and i am single with no kids (thank god). it seems as if everyone is waiting to see what the election outcome is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.