KBR Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Moderated by: Ksniper777
Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 36643)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Thumper Racer in Colorado Springs, Colorado

72 months ago

My best friend and I are thinking about going over to Iraq together to make some money to pay off bills. I was wondering what the chances were of us being able to be at the same place and what the average pay would be for clerical/administrative work? Any information would be great - it will be a big decision to leave my husband and 3 year old but if the money pays off our bills - I'll definitely consider it. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mgparrothead007 in Bagdad

72 months ago

The best thing to do would be when you put in your resumes make sure you check out each job information. but when A recruiter calls you or her that you request it not that it will happen. But there is always that chance. The best place to try and work with a friend or partner/spouse is at USMI- any location in Iraq. Also Afghanistan is building up. Really fast so you might want to check that out, Good luck and have fun, Mark

Thumper Racer in Colorado Springs, Colorado

72 months ago

mgparrothead007 in Bagdad said: The best thing to do would be when you put in your resumes make sure you check out each job information. but when A recruiter calls you or her that you request it not that it will happen. But there is always that chance. The best place to try and work with a friend or partner/spouse is at USMI- any location in Iraq. Also Afghanistan is building up. Really fast so you might want to check that out, Good luck and have fun, Mark

Thanks! I'll give it a shot and see where it takes me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike Long77 in Stone Mountain, Georgia

72 months ago

mgparrothead007 in Bagdad said: Your physical is done in sections. But the one on one is done in a cutained off room. You won't actually strip unless they ask you to. As far as I can remember. But the medical is all day usually try and get on the first bus or two. You will be done much earlier. It will be earlier also if you have your passport. if you don't have your pasport you will go to the passport office first. I believe. Anyway good luck. Mark

So what does the physical entail exactly? Blood work?

72 months ago

It all starts off with a drug screen. Then you go to another site for blood pressure, blood work , over 40 you get some heart test or if you have heart problems in the past you get them anyway. If you are taking any kind of meds they will come up on your drug screen so write them down the night before and also bring the perscription with you at least 6 months worth. A regular physical with the doctor. A test for your breathing, they give you three chances so don't smoke it will cause you not to breath out enough air. And if you fail that you go home. Vision test hearing test. Also a test for fitting you into a truck (truck drivers only) with full body armor to see if you fit and have no problem getting in and out. The drug test also checks for alcohol and so does the blood test. Since you cannot drink in theater(Iraq or Afghanistan) until you are physically on R&R and in Dubai. I always made a pact with myself to not drink a week before going to Houston and all the way thru till R&R. They will be watching at Houston International Airport, And Dubai. Plus please tell this to people you meet in Houston, Tx. . To many people mess it up and drink and get drunk and miss meetings then they go home and cannot come back for 6 months. Anyway it is pretty simple If your ggroup is smaller like 300-400 it goes by faster but if they are around 800-1000 it will be long no matter what. Good luck and keep me posted, Mark

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Johnny25 in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri

72 months ago

Ive been trying to work for KBR for the past couple months now. My father is currently over there in LOGCAP 1 in camp victory and is trying to get me over there. He turned in a referral to Mr.Hightower, one of the head guys over there. But i dont think it helped. Also Ive called 2 recruiters, a Marco and Joe Pennington. It's very hard to get a response or a answered call, which is understandable because i bet there busy. My father and is roommate are willing to do a employee referral. Any info or number of a recruiter that has more of chance of picking up or getting me a step farther would be appreciated.

72 months ago

Well unfortunatley. the recruiters are not allowed to call back unless you have been selected already. But keep on trying calling them if they pick up it might help you. I found that out when I was trying to go back. But right now it kinda hard to get on. because they are waiting for the new task order to kick in. And processing thru Houston is slowing down some possibly. But if your Dad's Boss or one of his puts in a (REQUISTION) for you for a job you put in for they will need that job number and they can request you by name. Usually by the time they have that information to the time you go to Houston, depending on When that job has to be filled can be a 2-6 week wait or less just depends on how bad they need that position filled. Because people demob out everyday from Iraq and Afghanistan. And they also mobilize to those ares also. But depending on the job you will have to take a Whabi test usually for drivers but sometimes they give them to everyone. But that would be your best bet to get your Dad's Boss to submit a (Requistion) for you if he has any position open. Oh just an FYI it's LOGCAP 3 . That we are on. LOGCAP IV is just around the corner. But they are hiring for LOGCAP III only. IV still has another year. Good Luck, MArk

Mike Long77 in Stone Mountain, Georgia

72 months ago

300-400 people at a time wow!! So are they still hiring in large numbers. I feel qualified, and my friend that is on the way will be hand delivering my resume to a recruiter. From what she told, me she said if you make it Houston for processing you pretty much have the job, providing that you pass the physical of course.

Can anybody there that is currently working in IT tell me about the environment. Is it safe? Do you stay on the base the entire time?

72 months ago

Well 300-400 people is a small number for KBR. But you will definately have to put your resume online everything is done by email so there is always a trail. It's an CYA thing its done all the time. IT people never leave the base.Unless you help support little FOB's ( Forward operating bases). Usually doesn't happen though. So no worries. And nothing is always safe we just call it quiet. Things are consideralbly better than what they use to be from when I came over to Iraq in 2004. But anything can happen at anytime anywhere. have fun when you go to Houston, Mark

toosignal in El Paso, Texas

72 months ago

Thanks for all the input on the medical portion. I am leaving for Houston on Sunday so wish me luck all.

T-Zilla in Charlotte, North Carolina

72 months ago

Hi,

I have a 10year IT Background and have seen postings with KBR for work in IRAQ.

Appealing... however

I keep hearing about ITT but have not been able to locate any info on them as far as how to find posting wit hthem in IRAQ.

Can any of you help me with just a link maybe that points me in the right direction for ITT Jobs in Iraq?

If so, Thank You!

Troy

redlion2000 in Bridgeport, Connecticut

72 months ago

T-Zilla in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hi, I have a 10year IT Background and have seen postings with KBR for work in IRAQ. Appealing... however...I keep hearing about ITT but have not been able to locate any info on them as far as how to find posting wit hthem in IRAQ. Can any of you help me with just a link maybe that points me in the right direction for ITT Jobs in Iraq? If so, Thank You!

You can try www.ittsystems.com.

72 months ago

toosignal in El Paso, Texas said: Thanks for all the input on the medical portion. I am leaving for Houston on Sunday so wish me luck all.

Good luck, and have fun. Keep us posted on your journey. Take care.

72 months ago

ITT is the same as Fluor. SO go to www.Fluor.com and they can help not sure if they are hiring but I hear the pay and R&R time is very good, Good Luck, M

Bernadette Fernandes in Snellville, Georgia

72 months ago

Hey I am also leaving on Aug 17th to complete my processing in Houston. I have not received my flight information yet. Have you? berninatl@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

I fly back to bagdad, iraq on the 15th. i already work for KBR. If you leave on the 17th for Houston, TX. They should call you tomorrow. If you have your recruiters number you should call them in the morning just to be sure. Good Luck in Houston, Have fun and don't miss any meetings or anything, See you later, mark

72 months ago

No not yet. I asked my recruiter and she said to expect it today or tomorrow. Where are you coming from?

72 months ago

mgparrothead007 in Bagdad said: I fly back to bagdad, iraq on the 15th. i already work for KBR. If you leave on the 17th for Houston, TX. They should call you tomorrow. If you have your recruiters number you should call them in the morning just to be sure. Good Luck in Houston, Have fun and don't miss any meetings or anything, See you later, mark

Hey Mark, Thanks for the feedback. I actually got an email late last night about I should be getting my flight info between now and Saturday. I have never been to houston, so I plan to sight see a little, but will not miss any meetings. Thanks - Bernadette. I will be @ Camp Victory.

72 months ago

toosignal in El Paso, Texas said: No not yet. I asked my recruiter and she said to expect it today or tomorrow. Where are you coming from?

Hey I just got the email late last night regarding some info about getting the flight info between today and Saturday. I am flying out of Atlanta, GA.

72 months ago

Also be careful around the area where you will be it's not actually anyplace where you want to take a walk or casual night stroll. Online I cannot say where you will be due to security reasons. But It's always best to walk with at least two or more people. And I would not walk at night use KBR's bus system or taxi's KBR's bus system is free. And tell the owner of the bus lines hello from mark He usually drives he is really cool but you will be fine just follow the rules, Also they have shuttles to Wal-Mart and stuff. Have Fun, Mark

RYAN DOYLE in Queensbury, New York

72 months ago

i am a construction worker and have a welding certification.I am willing to go anywhere to work to make serious money. Where do I start the process, where would you recommend working and how much money can I expect to make?

72 months ago

Hey Ryan, Try www.kbr.com and ww.ittsystems.com, and www.fluor.com/. You can make between $90k to $100k. The first $87,600 is tax free. The difference that remains you would have to pay $1300 to $2000 in taxes.

72 months ago

RYAN DOYLE in Queensbury, New York said: i am a construction worker and have a welding certification.I am willing to go anywhere to work to make serious money. Where do I start the process, where would you recommend working and how much money can I expect to make?

You could also make a little more than $100k.

72 months ago

Go to www.kbrjobs.com., and put your resume online. you should be able to get some answers soon. there is alot of opportunity. In Iraq and Afghanistan. And maybe Iran if we have to go there. But it is a life changing experience. So be ready for B.S. but it is worth it. Imagine being able to pay off all your bills on the 1st of the month and having alot more to bank or travel the world. It is worth it. I have been with KBR now for 4 years and I have been to Canada, Hungary, Germany, Holland, England, Australia was a 2 week vacation, with an Outback Safari, Kuwait lived there for 6 months, United Arab emirates, all over Iraq as a Convoy Driver when I first started up, Qatar (Doha), and many more places to go. I plan on going back to Australia in march for a week then come home for 10 days and so on. It's just never ending. But make sure you are ready to pay your bills on your own, once you leave for Houston,TX , you don't get paid for being there. You get paid from wheels-up day from Houston, Tx to iraq and so on. It could take as many as 2-3 or so weeks. Whatever your recruiter will tell you follow that. And don't burn your bridges at your job now. Because if you have a medical problem known or not they will find it. Usually. And Some things they turn you away for Diabeties, High/low blood pressure. There will be a list when they send you a packet online go over it very thoughly, very . Cover Your _ss ok. They cover theirs so be safe. Do not take to much stuff. On the charter from Dubai to Bagdad or Dubai to Afghanistan, Only except 44 lbs that is all no more. Anymore they will take you off the flight unless you throw it away before you get to the airport. They are very strict on weight.Anyway have fun and good luck, Mark

72 months ago

Yeah if you stay out of the United States for 330 days you only have 35 days in the US for the year. From your wheels down day(the following Day), you have to wake up in that country then. And the taxes also depends on his deductions ect. But I would have them take out the taxes your checks will still be more than you make in the US. And you will still have sending money in Iraq, Good Luck, Mark

tha1 in Liberty, North Carolina

72 months ago

hey mgparrothead007,

i was wondering if i am qualified to work for KBR. i have four years active duty in the army (three years at Fort Sill, OK and 14 months in Korea) and a honorable discharge. i have a clean drivers license and clean background check. i also have a bachelor's degree in management. i was wondering if I could get hired for a warehousemen or a trade?

72 months ago

Well sounds like you are. What I would do would be to put in for a few or more positions. With prior military you have several things you can work with along with a degree also. With that degree I would put that to use towards a supervisors position. And or take what they first offer you to get your foot in the door. And then after 6 months you can change you can put in for another position once in country. So the ball is in your court. the sooner you put in your Resume and app. with KBR at www.kbrjobs.com., the sooner you can get going on a excellent wage. But Thanks for your service, and God Bless and God Speed, Mark

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

I have to give a BIG shout out to Mark aka "mgparrothead007" for all of his input. I must say that you're posts have been very informative, and I hope I'm speaking for everyone in saying that your posts a very much appreciated, especially for those of us who are yearning for information re KBR and their opportunities. Thanks again -- Reggie

tha1 in Liberty, North Carolina

72 months ago

thanks mgparrothead007,

i have just applied to more than thirty jobs with KBR upon your recommendation. it will probably take a couple of weeks if not more for KBR to contact me from reading all the recent posts, i think. thanks again for your input and thank you for your service over in Iraq. i bet it is not easy.

72 months ago

Hey no worries always glad to help. I've been thru Houston, Tx 3 times and I am always ready to help if needed. KBR is a very large company. People have there says even I do. But they do pay the bills and provide a very large chance to see the world with my family and we are in the middle of purchasing a 3,000 sq. ft home and we have a 2006 Chrysler town and country mini van, that is loaded but we will trade it in next year on a 2009. So I'm in alot better shape 10 fold because of KBR. And my family always comes first. I just want to see everyone have an easier trip thru Houston. My first time there was in August 2004. And there was a bunch of peoples background lost. Over 100 truck drivers which included myself. We found out on the 1st day of week 3. So it extended our stay by 2 more weeks and a few days. Now they have corrected that problem so that will not happen to anyone else. They are in many ways trying to make things easier on everyone including themselves. You will always here alot of stories but always remember its upto you. You are the one who can change your life. My big thing is never to miss a movement, never lose your paperwork, and never lose a badge. And always always go by there rules no matter how crazy we think they are, they are the ones who hold the contract with the US government. We are the ones who get'er done. As they say we deliver. Hehe. I'm not sure how many people see the post but if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me anything. And without going out of opsec or any security issues I will try and answer. Things do change on a daily basis if they change someone please pass the word on to make it easier once your able to, God Bless and God Speed to You going thru Houston, Mark

P.S. Also Thanks Again for the compliment, and Thanks again for supporting and serving your country, Mark in Iraq

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Well the work over there is not bad. It is mainly the heat that can get to you, when I left for R&R it was around 140-142. I just hope it cooled down some, as good as it can get my flight was delaye dso bad I would of missed my connection up north. So Now I have an extra day at home awesome. I leave tomorrow. My family was so happy. And so was I. What a great day. But good luck on your resume input. Let me know what happens, Mark

fishbonemidnight in Texas

72 months ago

My question is about me, getting through the process. I was in the Army, did drugs, got caught and now Im out, things have being really difficult for me, but I got called by KBR. I have since then changed and I fully understand that you need a clear head down range, but I am wondering what the chances are of me getting employed; I am scheduled to leave for houston. this might be the chance for things to get back normal becuase I work hard.
What is likely to happen there?
Thank you

72 months ago

Well I would say your chances are good. I'm not the dr for KBR in Houston at all. But to mee if you have kept your head clear you should be ok. The last time I pasted thru Houston. The understanding to me was if you were in the Military 7 years or more ago they did not want to see a DD-214. So I'm not sure what your DD-214 says. And I'm not sure how long ago you got out. But if you are headed for Houston, TX and you told your recruiter all that stuff. You have a really good chance of getting all the way thru. Jusy listen to all there rules and conditions and be at every class and meeting you should pull thru. I always made it a thing to be the first or very close to the first person at as many things as possible. Just hold your head high and you will be fine. Thanks for serving and thanks for going clean also, Good Luck and God Speed to you let me know how it goes and if you have anymore questions, Thanks a Million, Mark

Joseph Holt in Ft Benning, Georgia

72 months ago

My son is going to Houston soon to process for Afganastan. After reading your post it looks like he will be there for a few weeks and not the week I assumed? Just how long does it take to process? He already has his clearance, passport, and took some kind of saftey test. Is it feasable for me to visit him for a few nights before he leaves? I live in Mexico and would like to see him before he goes to unfriendly waters Ya know what I mean.

Thanks.

Joe's Mom

fishbonemidnight in Texas

72 months ago

Thanks Mark, I told my recuiter about it, in an email though; but I attached my DD-214 to that email so she can you it as it is, she didnt say anything about it. But continued following up with me, so I beleive I should be fine. However, I can't find the "original" of my 214. All I have are photocopies, are they going to send me back home for this?

72 months ago

im not sure on that. is a photo copy you did or on from Missouri at the records office. I have several from when I got out but i always put in for some in missouri. Just in case I lose some. I also have my original with me. How long has it been since you got out? They shouldn't send you home for it. Because if your recruiter brings you to houston it should be ok? What I would do is put in for the record just to be safe and have it sent to you rush or emailed I'm not sure how fast they move in missouri at the recoeds office now? But that is what I would do CYA. You might be able to order it online. Let me know what happens, Good Luck , Mark

72 months ago

Another quick question. I know that the first two weeks in Houston are non paid time, I was just wondering how long it takes to get your first pay check deposited. I've heard rumor that it can be up to six weeks....scary. Any information will be appreciated.

72 months ago

I am flying out tomorrow and I was wondering If I could check in 2 bags that total 44lbs. I am getting a laptop with is considered my 1 carry on.

Thanks for all your help!

Bernadette

marjan in Kumanovo, Macedonia

72 months ago

My name is Marjan from Kumanovo-Macedonia and i worked in Iraq since february 2004 untill feb.2008 in the carpenter department as locksmith for which I got few certficates from the Army,leter of recomendatin from the Army and my ex supervisor.I dicidet to apply again aplication and I had no clue what to du but tu email You for help.Pls let me know the contakt carpenter recruiter.E-mail me Marjan_bogdan@yahoo.com.Am sorry for the inturaption and I appreacite yor time.
Take care and god bless You,

72 months ago

Well the main thing is the charter from Dubai to Bagdad, Iraq is where you can only have 44 lbs. So your good on that. And your laptop you can carry on. Good Luck and Thanks for Serving your country let me know how it goes ok, MArk

72 months ago

marjan in Kumanovo, Macedonia said: My name is Marjan from Kumanovo-Macedonia and i worked in Iraq since february 2004 untill feb.2008 in the carpenter department as locksmith for which I got few certficates from the Army,leter of recomendatin from the Army and my ex supervisor.I dicidet to apply again aplication and I had no clue what to du but tu email You for help.Pls let me know the contakt carpenter recruiter.E-mail me Marjan_bogdan@yahoo.com.Am sorry for the inturaption and I appreacite yor time.
Take care and god bless You,

Well I don't know any carpenter recruiters in Houston, TX . even if you contact them they are told not to respond. Because they have to pull it all off the internet. Sounds like you might have to go thru your old boss. And have him put in a requisition for you. That is your fastest and best way. To come back. You will have to do everything in Houston, TX again. So let me know try and email or call your old boss see if he can put in a requisition for you or if he knows someone that can. But still put your resume online also that way you can cover both areas put in for as many jobs as possible different or not more recruiters will look at them that way. No worries and good luck, Let me know what happens, MArk

72 months ago

I would put in maybe not for all but maybe 10 or so , That way they know your very interested. Good Luck, Mark

72 months ago

Yup that is about right. When I left Houston my first time I left there on my 1st day of my 6th week. Because of the mess-up. Along with alot of my friends. We were lucky and had 3 years of tax money coming back so it took us all the way thru for almost 3 months of pay. So it is worth it. They used to pay at first for a little while but to many people were abusing it. It was not KBR's fault it was people who just wanted an easy check that messed it up. KBR is responsible for controling the funds givin to them by the gov. and if it is abused it's taken away. So save or pay some bills or if you know someone with money to cover your bills for a month or two. Or sell everything. This is kind of a hard answer because I have heard of people doing about everything, Good Luck , Mark

Portlyn in High Point, North Carolina

72 months ago

mgparrothead007 in Bagdad said: I would put in maybe not for all but maybe 10 or so , That way they know your very interested. Good Luck, Mark

Many thanks, Mark. Appreciate your quick response. Portlyn

72 months ago

Mark

Can you please answer my questions about length of processing in Houston, and is it feasable to visit my son before he flys out to Afganastan. Thanks

Joe's Mom

72 months ago

Yup it'ss approx. 3 weeks in Houston, TX. . Sometimes less depends on if he has his passport . Mainly Or if someone requested him by name but for first time people thru Houston, Tx is 3 weeks. Good Luck and be ready for a winter very cold, MArk

72 months ago

mgparrothead007 in Bagdad said: Yup it'ss approx. 3 weeks in Houston, TX. . Sometimes less depends on if he has his passport . Mainly Or if someone requested him by name but for first time people thru Houston, Tx is 3 weeks. Good Luck and be ready for a winter very cold, MArk

i JUST SPOKE WITH MY sON AND HE IS WAITING FOR HIS FLIGHT CONFIRMATION FOR sUNDAY. hE SAID THEY TOLD HIM IT WOULD BE ABOUT 10 DAYS IN hOUSTON. hE ALREADY HAS A PASSPORT AND SECURITY CLEARANCE. iS IT FEASABLE FOR ME TO VISIT FOR A COUPLE OF NIGHTS? wHER WOULD i WANT TO GET A HOTEL ROOM?

jOE'S mOM3 sorry had cap lock on.

leighs embroidery in Riverview, Florida

72 months ago

bluecamel in Doha, Qatar said: As for your credit, the only thing that can hurt you there, is owe the IRS money or back child support. either one is a no go for contract work.

Bluecamael, I asking this for a friend who's husband is working for KBR in Iraq and appears to have abandoned her. She has not received any money from him since Mar, 2008. He is retired Civil Service. She would like to know who in the company she can call and try to arrange for some money. TIA for a speed ans. She is treading water

72 months ago

Well thats cool. The Sheraton is decent. But I would check out hotels on the net. Prices vary there are over 360 hotels in the Houston Area. Your son will be around the greenspoint area not really a safe place to be. It ok during the day but at night it changes. You will have to rent a car also. I wish I could help you out more on the hotels. I just stayed at where KBR put me those three times, The Airport INN was one of them and The Sheraton was ok. I wish you luck and Your son also going thru Houston, Please let me know how it goes. I'm in Dubai right know on my way back to Bagdad, Iraq. God Speed, Mark

72 months ago

Hey good luck keep me informed, Mark

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.